• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 4 - The Floodgates Have Opened...

I played Forza 3 to death and played the Forza 4 demo for about an hour and it's really shaping up to be even better than it's predecessor, I'm really impressed with Turn 10.

G Rom

Haven't really dived in the photo mode yet. All my photos are pretty much stock settings at the moment. From the small time I played with the sliders, they changed some behaviors so some old techniques won't work. :)
That R8 does look good though !

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
G Rom said:
Haven't really dived in the photo mode yet. All my photos are pretty much stock settings at the moment. From the small time I played with the sliders, they changed some behaviors so some old techniques won't work. :)
That R8 does look good though !

I wonder how long til my 300 mb's @ flikr last.

Any alternatives besides imgur for uploads?

shinnn

G Rom said:
I bought the Volt to see how the game handled electric cars. It is so weird to drive because to my surprise you still have to change gear but with no sound indication at all because the car is almost silent.
Can you do an engine swap?

a176

Banned
G Rom said:
I bought the Volt to see how the game handled electric cars. It is so weird to drive because to my surprise you still have to change gear but with no sound indication at all because the car is almost silent.

isnt volt just 1 gear?

Seanspeed

Banned
Quote said:
I hope this picture alone can express my frustration with Forza 4.
forzag27.JPG
I dont get it. Is your wheel broken or something?

Mr.Green

wwm0nkey said:
Does the demo have Kinect Head tracking in it?

NO, AND I'M NOT HAPPY.

It doesn't even have an options menu, even if only to turn off the fucking music.

My fanatec wheel worked... but wasn't nearly sensitive enough... Maybe I fucked the settings myself when I played on PC, though.

EDIT: Sensitivity settings fucked by myself confirmed.

guest1321

Quote said:
The 360 does not have HID support some of the best wheels on the market will not work with it.

Wasn't it concluded that it might only be in the Demo? And for that matter a lot of other things people were frustrated over might just be the demo?

guest1321 said:
Wasn't it concluded that it might only be in the Demo? And for that matter a lot of other things people were frustrated over might just be the demo?
Microsoft requires an expensive licensing fee for 3rd parties to make compatible controllers instead of allowing general HID input. It's not just Forza 4, it's every 360 game because the console just can't do it.

guest1321 said:
What is the PI in F4? Are you comparing the 4.2L V8 with the 5.0L v10?

The R8 is up to A590 (for reference, the Corvette Z06 is A589).
The R8 5.2 V10 is up to S539 (the Corvette ZR1 is S633).

I guess they weren't kidding about tweaking the PI calculation robot driver to give AWD its proper due. Those numbers just seem a bit high to me; I'd take the Corvettes for most races. (or I would in FM3, we'll see).

guest1321 said:

No, the HID thing is MS & the XBox. They demand licensing fees for vendors to sell XID devices. XBoxes only support HID for keyboards.

Our store have their copies in! I took some pics so I will post them when I get off of work. The booklet is pretty freakin sweet and the steel case is really nice.

guest1321

CrudeDiatribe said:
The R8 is up to A590 (for reference, the Corvette Z06 is A589).
The R8 5.2 V10 is up to S539 (the Corvette ZR1 is S633).

I guess they weren't kidding about tweaking the PI calculation robot driver to give AWD its proper due. Those numbers just seem a bit high to me; I'd take the Corvettes for most races. (or I would in FM3, we'll see).
I am assuming you meant S639? That seems like a huge bump! I understand the reasoning but I don't know if I agree with the execution. Either way it's neither here nor there for me. Interesting to note however.

CurdeDiatribe said:
No, the HID thing is MS & the XBox. They demand licensing fees for vendors to sell XID devices. XBoxes only support HID for keyboards.
Oh wow. I did not realize that was the case.
Quote said:
Microsoft requires an expensive licensing fee for 3rd parties to make compatible controllers instead of allowing general HID input. It's not just Forza 4, it's every 360 game because the console just can't do it.
Sorry to hear that man!

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Izayoi said:
Give it a week and I'm sure someone will find an infinite money glitch.

It wouldn't be Forza without one.

The modifiers for extra credits when disabling assists is higher now and you have more stuff to turn off so the bonus CR is like 165% + or some shit after a race if you disable everything/enable sim/damage/wear/rewind off

160% if you leave clutch off (not with manual trans)

Shaneus

Slayer-33 said:
The modifiers for extra credits when disabling assists is higher now and you have more stuff to turn off so the bonus CR is like 165% + or some shit after a race if you disable everything/enable sim/damage/wear/rewind off

160% if you leave clutch off (not with manual trans)
Pretty sure that's how I'll be driving most of the time (save for AI difficulty). I normally default to auto and braking line for games that support it, but holy shit I'm having so much fun with everything (except auto clutch) off in the demo.

Full game can't come soon enough.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Shaneus said:
Pretty sure that's how I'll be driving most of the time (save for AI difficulty). I normally default to auto and braking line for games that support it, but holy shit I'm having so much fun with everything (except auto clutch) off in the demo.

Full game can't come soon enough.

I'm not turning off rewind, though that 20% is tempting as hell lol!

Top Bottom