• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 4 - The Floodgates Have Opened...

guest1321

m0dus said:
Elements created on the canvas, then assembled on the car.

So is there way to import layers into Forza? or are you doing that all from within the livery editor? and if so is that something you do with a controller?

h3ro

soundscream said:
I hope one day we will be able to invert our designs so we can have them facing the same direction on both sides of the car :(

I love how some Japanese liveries have the one side of the car with the logos and names of the companies written backwards.

Wow thanks to all above in helping me understand how that speed wheel works.

Do you guys want me to create a FORZA 4 GAF XBOX Live account? I'd be more than happy to, but don't want to step on anyones toes that is already doing it.

guest1321

Mizzou Gaming said:

Do you guys want me to create a FORZA 4 GAF XBOX Live account? I'd be more than happy to, but don't want to step on anyones toes that is already doing it.
I'm a little confused as to the purpose of this. Is it just so we can all add it, and instead of adding a hundred people we can use the friends friend's-list ?

skyfinch

6206549017_6feca17f7b_o.jpg

Izayoi

Banned
Mizzou Gaming said:

Isn't that what Car Club or whatever is for?

Mizzou Gaming said:

Forza 4's new car club feature takes care of all that now.

Rody

brotkasten said:
That Top Gear video is probably one of the best video game related videos I've ever seen, if not the best and I'm serious.

Really? I thought it was kind of pretentious. I mean, it's just a game.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
guest1321 said:
I'm a little confused as to the purpose of this. Is it just so we can all add it, and instead of adding a hundred people we can use the friends friend's-list ?
Yes, that's usually the purpose of those tags. Works quite effectively, and some games have multiple tags to accommodate members.

EDIT: Derp, forgot about Car Clubs. Sucks they're limited to 100 members though.

saladine1

See said:
Man, why does the Inception theme music always works with everything?! Its nearly a perfect sync with endangered species!
http://tubedubber.com/#PvimE0aNFOg:lOJqicM6x84:0:100:8:0:1

Anyway, I don't post here often, I don't have the bandwidth to play the demo but from what I have seen, Turn 10 has done an amazing job, I can't believe how far forza has come from forza 2 this gen. Simply unbelievable! Well done Turn 10 : )

I can't wait to see the amazing photos and liveries from you guys!
Man, that's very well done!

Did someone say that their store had copies of the game already?

KaYotiX

Banned
m0dus said:
Started working on a custom livery for the Neogaf Car club. I'll also be making some of my rides available for use.

6209255931_e6fd75128d_b.jpg

6209255767_a482c0046c_b.jpg

6209771190_861263fba6_b.jpg

Quoting for the new page because I want to...so there.

Hot damn!!! Nice!! Played the demo for 3 hrs today, love it!!!! Need a wheel now, any idea when the mad cats one is out? If I have too I'll buy a fanatech but I really hate the fact the pedals are $160

KaYotiX said:
Hot damn!!! Nice!! Played the demo for 3 hrs today, love it!!!! Need a wheel now, any idea when the mad cats one is out? If I have too I'll buy a fanatech but I really hate the fact the pedals are $160
Mad Cats $250
Fanatec + standard pedals $280

For $30 dont do yourself the disservice

DKo5

Respawn Entertainment
SalsaShark said:
http://youtu.be/PvimE0aNFOg

great commercial

i was actually there during some of the shooting. It was filmed in Uruguay for some reason (probably cause its cheap), makes my city look so dead and colorless :( lol

Fantastic trailer.

Well, at least I think it was. I didn't see much of the game. But still! Jeremy Clarkson! A DB9! Soft piano!

Demo was fun, thinking I'll pick this up in a couple months while I work on all the other games I've got on my plate this fall.

m0dus said:
Started working on a custom livery for the Neogaf Car club. I'll also be making some of my rides available for use.

6209255931_e6fd75128d_b.jpg

6209255767_a482c0046c_b.jpg

6209771190_861263fba6_b.jpg

Quoting for the new page because I want to...so there.

woooooooooooow

Pterion

More a GT guy, but I'm pretty excited about what FM4. Already have a G27, but I may buy that wireless speedwheel thing with Forza4. Yay!

Iknos

Wow dat ad.

Now I can post some clarification about my assist remarks earlier because it looks like I spit that post out too quickly or can turn on my 360 and play the demo again.

So what sort of wheel settings are everyone using? Anyone using the older firmware for the P911 turbo S wheel?

Aptos

Slayer-33 said:
People are loving it, go for it.

I'm seriously loving it. I was gonna see how into Forza I got, and then invest in a Fanatec setup if I get really into it. But playing with the wireless wheel is bliss, so much better than a controller. It's fantastic, and price is right. Although I haven't ever owned a wheel setup, so I don't know how it would feel making that transition.

Shaneus

That video was great. With any luck it'll be on XBL for viewing/downloading.

Crossing fingers that wheel comes out soon here in Aus. Someone break street on the thing!

Seanspeed

Banned
Shaneus said:
Rewind is 20%? Awesome. Will disable that then! It's screwed with me too often. The amount of times I've played PGR4 since FM3 came out and I'd instinctively hit the "back" button is ridiculous. Still do it :(
You'll probably make more money with Rewind on in the end. Instead of redoing a 10 minute long race because you made a mistake or somebody hit you(costing you a good amount of potential winnings), you just hit rewind and continue on.

I love the feature and dont consider it a driving aid at all. I use it as a learning tool and to stop from rage quiting after I get knocked off the track by the AI on a 10 lap race. Saves me frustration and helps me get better. Win-win.

Crazy-J

Banned
I can't stop playing the demo, the sense of speed is amazing in this game. Turn 10 has done their homework and showing PD that they CAN make an awesome racing game! 8 days and counting!

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Just wanted to pop in and say I have bought every Forza game so far but they never kept me coming back. This demo did the trick. Whatever they did to the driving something just clicked with me. I was able to actually do well with all assists off and it felt great.

clav

Just played the demo.

Definitely the best in the series. Sense of speed and thrill are in this game.

The dynamic lighting is really something.

Models on the cars could still use work, but I guess that's the cost of running the game at a constant 60 fps on 2005 hardware.

Minor gripe. Why is it that the rear view mirrors in cockpit view are showcasing action in 15-20 fps? Will it be like that in the final build?

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
claviertekky said:
Just played the demo.

Definitely the best in the series. Sense of speed and thrill are in this game.

The dynamic lighting is really something.

Models on the cars could still use work, but I guess that's the cost of running the game at a constant 60 fps on 2005 hardware.

Minor gripe. Why is it that the rear view mirrors in cockpit view are showcasing action in 15-20 fps? Will it be like that in the final build?

Funnily I have a green copy and I didn't try out the mode so I got the demo to see what everyone was up to. Jesus fuck.

I got the demo and just got done playing the rivals mode... infuckingcredible.

The zonda is a beast, I couldn't beat P3tran (gaffer) lol my best time so far is 1:46:xx bastard is like 1:42:xx but 40 mins just flew by, this shit is visceral and so addicting, reminds me of F355 in some ways when I'm just trying to find that perfect line and not fuck up during a lap.

This shit is going to be hugely fun, Jesus this game man this game...

I've been missing out on all the rivals fun til now! woot

Shaneus

Seanspeed said:
You'll probably make more money with Rewind on in the end. Instead of redoing a 10 minute long race because you made a mistake or somebody hit you(costing you a good amount of potential winnings), you just hit rewind and continue on.

I love the feature and dont consider it a driving aid at all. I use it as a learning tool and to stop from rage quiting after I get knocked off the track by the AI on a 10 lap race. Saves me frustration and helps me get better. Win-win.
In those cases I definitely will, but for short ones and rival challenges I think I might keep it off... at least until I know how competent I am during long drives.

SarBear

Just curious....how long should it take for me to receive the RX-7 unicorn in Forza 3? I sent in my receipt a while ago and haven't received anything, unicorn nor confirmation.

....Just saying. =/

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Slayer-33 said:
Funnily I have a green copy and I didn't try out the mode so I got the demo to see what everyone was up to. Jesus fuck.

I got the demo and just got done playing the rivals mode... infuckingcredible.

The zonda is a beast, I couldn't beat P3tran (gaffer) lol my best time so far is 1:46:xx bastard is like 1:42:xx but 40 mins just flew by, this shit is visceral and so addicting, reminds me of F355 in some ways when I'm just trying to find that perfect line and not fuck up during a lap.

This shit is going to be hugely fun, Jesus this game man this game...

I've been missing out on all the rivals fun til now! woot

Yeah, I'm the 1:46's as well. Some of the times are crazy.

KaYotiX

Banned
soundscream said:
Mad Cats $250
Fanatec + standard pedals $280

For $30 dont do yourself the disservice
Hmm didn't know they had reg pedals. Thanks!! Fantech all the way then!! Do the plain ones work good? Or are they really cheap feeling?

Arucardo

KaYotiX said:
Hmm didn't know they had reg pedals. Thanks!! Fantech all the way then!! Do the plain ones work good? Or are they really cheap feeling?
From what I've heard they're terrible and break easily/often, so unless you want to go the CSP route you're stuck with them. If you had the option then the Logitech G25/27 pedals are much much better compared to the plastic fanatec ones.

I was reading on the Forza forum earlier and stumbled across something that I'd like to know whether it is true or not. The poster was saying how you could race down a mountain (don't know the name of the track) with traffic on. Does he just mean other AI racers or civilian traffic? Maybe he was just screwing with everybody.

SarBear said:
Just curious....how long should it take for me to receive the RX-7 unicorn in Forza 3? I sent in my receipt a while ago and haven't received anything, unicorn nor confirmation.

....Just saying. =/

I haven't received mine either. I did all the steps (I've pre-ordered from amazon).

feel

Game has such an amazing feel and look. Racing games are not my thing and I would probably not touch it much, but I'm tempted to place a preorder on this just because of the quality.

Izayoi said:
The menu music really is just incredible.
Seriously, who the fuck is composing for this?? Every piece of music in the demo is REALLY good.

edit- contrast needs to be dialed down a tad ingame, the blacks are being crushed in an otherwise incredible looking game

I am not sure if anyone cares, but I took some quick pics of the packaging and the book at work. I had to do it fast and with my phone, so they aren't that great. The steel case is quite nice and the book is amazing with interesting information and some fantastic shots of the different cars.

Here are the pics.

VindictiveGnome said:
I was reading on the Forza forum earlier and stumbled across something that I'd like to know whether it is true or not. The poster was saying how you could race down a mountain (don't know the name of the track) with traffic on. Does he just mean other AI racers or civilian traffic? Maybe he was just screwing with everybody.

In the demo there is traffic when racing some of the rivals races. I think it might be called time attack, but not sure.

Top Bottom