• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 4 - The Floodgates Have Opened...

Iknos

Modus I think your cars would look nice on the TG TT that seems to be the next most realistic looking picture location.

Played some more and noticed that normal and sim steering are pretty much the same except there is less oscillation in normal. Sim still has oscillation bit not as much. But all other assists are in both.

Just started rivals mode and that was pretty cool. What does the paper clip signify? Only tried the zonda so far and it's something that could be a lot of fun.

dejay

Banned
I bought a surround system a month or two ago. Until today I only had the front three speakers and the sub hooked up. I was really patient and was going to wait until I could run some wire through the ceiling and walls before hooking up the rear surround speakers with some wall mounts - a real professional job. After playing the demo and listening to that sexy Zonda I decided today was the day to hook up my rear surrounds. However, I maybe took one or two shortcuts whilst doing the job. Even though my mounting job is nearly seamless, see if you can spot the things that I maybe rushed in my enthusiasm...

8nYbS.jpg

(edit) I don't have purple carpet - stupid phone camera!

Oh my god

DAT DEMO

Insane. Turn 10 has established themselves as THE console sim racing developer. I can't believe what they've done with this hardware and only 2 years of dev time over Forza 3.

Bravo! Like Forza 3, Forza 4 will be the only game that gets repeat play in my 360 even 2 years after release.

p3tran

Banned
amar212 said:
Croatia, so pretty much close - 20 years ago we'd be almost neighboring countries ;)
maybe in the future will be neigbouring ;) with all this geopolitical shit going on, I think its a matter of time before Greeks throw every fucking vulture out and re-take control, kicking some asses on the way.
anyways, back to forza 8)

squared

I ordered the Faster Than You-shirt :)

But, since someone confirmed the V10/E39 swap, I'D LOOVE to know if you can swap an engine into the E30.. most preferrably the E39 V8, but I'd love if the E36 or E46 straight sixes could be too.. anyone? :D

Perfection would be a straight six in the E30, with a turbo.. ooh boy..

Shaneus

drifter444 said:
I haven't received mine either. I did all the steps (I've pre-ordered from amazon).
Same same. I think a few people are having problems as well, but it looks like some who post there are actually receiving theirs. It might be worth checking out for you, too.

I'm going to send mine in again, just to be sure. Hate to miss out on a unicorn!

Mascot said:
Gowans007, please save me a spot for the GAF car club. I won't be able to sign up until the game launches in the UK. The postman must have stolen my green disc...
Likewise! I know you said there's plenty of space, but I don't want to chance it. I need to be part of a group that I can identify with ;)

derFeef

I am struggling currently. I enjoy racing games but I am not a pro - I mainly enjoy the cars and tracks and games like DIRT. I do not have a good wheel at all (only that crappy MS Wheel) so I am debating if I should get the CSR Elite at all - it seems too hardcore for me. The normal CSR including pedals is really expensive also, so maybe I am better off with the Thrustmaster wheel or something similar (should work for all systems)? But then the non-full-degree sound like I would not enjoy since this is a factor I hate for the MS Wheel. Help :/

acm2000

just...

wow...

amazing...

:D

abs off, steering sim, scs off, tcs off, shift auto, tire/fuel/damage sim using a pad... OH BOY, amazing, that zonda kicks like a mule! and bmw is a right handful, and the 458 is so smooth until you lose the tyres.

demo of forever

squared said:
I ordered the Faster Than You-shirt :)

But, since someone confirmed the V10/E39 swap, I'D LOOVE to know if you can swap an engine into the E30.. most preferrably the E39 V8, but I'd love if the E36 or E46 straight sixes could be too.. anyone? :D

Perfection would be a straight six in the E30, with a turbo.. ooh boy..

In real life, they're very, very fast. So sleeper too. Throw in the M52 or S52, or an S54 if you can swing it and you've got a road course/drag monster.

squared

BoobPhysics101 said:
In real life, they're very, very fast. So sleeper too. Throw in the M52 or S52, or an S54 if you can swing it and you've got a road course/drag monster.

Indeed they are! I've been in a couple of turbo inline six E30's, and spectaded some turbo E36's. Crazy power. Also, there's a dude here in Sweden who has the S85 V10 in an E30... crazy :D

Speed wheel in the UK comes out on the 14th along with the game release, dunno if I want to spend another £40 on it unless I can still get a cheap LE.

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
Diablohead said:
Speed wheel in the UK comes out on the 14th along with the game release, dunno if I want to spend another £40 on it unless I can still get a cheap LE.

I am actually tempted to pick one up for my missus, for when I am using my setup:

gZVi9.jpg

Soon to be replaced with a nice Fanatic wheel! (I hope)

Diablohead said:

I'll definately be getting it. Couldn't stretch to the LE myself.
With the wheel I'll finally
hopefully
beat you!

Label said:
I am actually tempted to pick one up for my missus, for when I am using my setup:

gZVi9.jpg

Soon to be replaced with a nice Fanatic wheel! (I hope)
1. Is your beagle on steroids, or is it a mut?

2. Is that a bottle of Jack Daniels on the floor?

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
soundscream said:
1. Is your beagle on steroids, or is it a mut?

2. Is that a bottle of Jack Daniels on the floor?

1. Not at all, he is pure beagle but for some reason really muscular! I have never seen such a strong beagle.

2. It is a money box in the style of a JD bottle.

But that is also not my house, it is my fathers. I did not fancy wielding and angle grinding in my own living room!

Label said:
1. Not at all, he is pure beagle but for some reason really muscular! I have never seen such a strong beagle.

2. It is a money box in the style of a JD bottle.

But that is also not my house, it is my fathers. I did not fancy wielding and angle grinding in my own living room!
My beagle used to drive me crazy chasing after squirrels when I walked her, couldn't imagine trying to hold onto the leash with yours LOL

p3tran

Banned
evil_as_skeletor said:
Dang.
How'd they manage to get so much smoke?
Hopefully T10 see this and add coloured drift tyres and more smoke in a patch!
they could add 100 things
they have it ready

its all a matter of old technology trying to maintain a steady & sync'd 60fps for your enjoyment,
so they cut a lot of things that just cant fit.

thats why I say, go to hell bill gates or bring me a new xbox!!

p3tran said:
they could add 100 things
they have it ready

its all a matter of old technology trying to maintain a steady & sync'd 60fps for your enjoyment,
so they cut a lot of things that just cant fit.

thats why I say, go to hell bill gates or bring me a new xbox!!
He he.

So it's there and able to be added, but it will detract from some other visual feature.

I guess it's cool just to see in that YT video, but we can still dream for something like that being a reality next gen.

clockpunk

I truly cannot wait for the UK release - if you'll have me (and my Spykers - always my work-up-to/go-to vehicles) in the NeoGAF Club. ;)

I haven't preordered yet, think I have a chance at getting a LCE at gamestop tomorrow?

I see the LCE comes with some car packs... but they will probably end up in DLC down the line right?

Xanadu

Banned
G Rom said:
Pleasantly surprised to find out that the SX4 had all the body kits to make it look like its WRC counterpart :
6209828573_e6c8b9454f_b.jpg

Some E39 love :
6209833687_f5f078325d_b.jpg
awesome kit on the suzuki

but american e39 noooooooooooooooooooooo

nismogrendel said:
I haven't preordered yet, think I have a chance at getting a LCE at gamestop tomorrow?

I see the LCE comes with some car packs... but they will probably end up in DLC down the line right?

Last post of the page

Grassy

nismogrendel said:

I don't think the LE VIP car pack will be DLC by itself, you'll have to pay for VIP status later on to get the car pack. I think that's how it worked in Forza 3.

CrudeDiatribe said:
As had been posted before, just start playing some music from your XBox or connected computer and then pause it.
soundscream said:
Choose a custom soundtrack by pressing the xbox button and going to media, then select a track and press pause.
Thanks guys. What a bonehead move not letting you turn it off.

Top Bottom