• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 4 - The Floodgates Have Opened...

Drastic

Man that notebook in the press kit is awesome, I'd love to have one for my tuning notes.

If anyone who has one of these and would care to sell it, hit me up.

p3tran

Banned
ok, a question now that I remembered:

I have ordered and prepaid in full the lce.
yet the store (biggest retail chain over here) on my receipt has printed their internal code for pre-paying something they have not yet received, and it does not say anywhere "this 90euro payment is for forzamotorsport 4 preorder" or such.

I read somewhere that preorder papers are sent to t10 for something extra. (a unicorn?)

are these preorder extras for forza 3 or for forza 4?
and, if it is for f3, will it make a difference when I import from 3 to 4? maybe its a unicorn that transfers over?

if it is something that has to do with f3 only, I will skip the burden of going to the store and asking to print me some paper that clearly states F4 PREORDER.
if not, most probably I wont

so anybody who knows and can shed some light?

Wonko_C

nofi said:
Just for clarity - you can switch it off in the full game.

Can you turn off only the racing music and leave the menu music in? Better yet: can you select which tunes to play while racing and which ones in menus? Please say it is so.

p3tran said:
ok, a question now that I remembered:

I have ordered and prepaid in full the lce.
yet the store (biggest retail chain over here) on my receipt has printed their internal code for pre-paying something they have not yet received, and it does not say anywhere "this 90euro payment is for forzamotorsport 4 preorder" or such.

I read somewhere that preorder papers are sent to t10 for something extra. (a unicorn?)

are these preorder extras for forza 3 or for forza 4?
and, if it is for f3, will it make a difference when I import from 3 to 4? maybe its a unicorn that transfers over?

if it is something that has to do with f3 only, I will skip the burden of going to the store and asking to print me some paper that clearly states F4 PREORDER.
if not, most probably I wont

so anybody who knows and can shed some light?

There's a preorder incentive program.

http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/preorder_incentives_program/

You get cars for both Forza 3 and 4. T10 send you the car (Unicorn Mazda Spirit R) in Forza 3 and when you do save game transfer in 4, the car will show up in your garage.

Never pre-ordered before but I did with the LCE, GAME (UK) would only let me put £5 down at the time even though I offered to pay in full, can I just pay the rest off now or do it when I pick Forza up?

nofi

Wonko_C said:
Can you turn off only the racing music and leave the menu music in? Better yet: can you select which tunes to play while racing and which ones in menus? Please say it is so.

I'm fairly sure the first answer is yes. Not sure about the rest, I've not really tested it.

squared

Oh and let me guess - they STILL won't let us have horsepower AND kg's together?! Since Forza 1 they haven't fixed this shit - guess what, there are millions of people using hp and kg as their units for power and weight, don't assume that just because I don't want weight displayed as lbs, I automatically want to use kilowatts.. it may seem small, but for me (and many others) it's extremely annoying..

drugstore_cowboy said:
Tried PMing Jube?

I don't know if it was a coincidence but when mine didn't come though I messaged him, didn't get a reply but the car was there next day.

Well if that helps, let me know - I still haven't recieved mine either, and I sent it in September 12th :(

SarBear

drugstore_cowboy said:
Tried PMing Jube?

I don't know if it was a coincidence but when mine didn't come though I messaged him, didn't get a reply but the car was there next day.

I messaged him, but he's probably super busy. Who knows what'll happen.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
SPEEDxNASTY said:
Spotted on JDMEGO...

img_0641.jpg

img_0646.jpg

img_0649.jpg

img_0648.jpg

img_0647.jpg

img_06511.jpg

img_0645.jpg
I look forward to picking one up on eBay to go with my Forza 3 top trumps and wallet.

watership

squared said:
Oh and let me guess - they STILL won't let us have horsepower AND kg's together?! Since Forza 1 they haven't fixed this shit - guess what, there are millions of people using hp and kg as their units for power and weight, don't assume that just because I don't want weight displayed as lbs, I automatically want to use kilowatts.. it may seem small, but for me (and many others) it's extremely annoying..

Okay, you're going to have to tell me why this is a serious oversight. I'm not getting it.

p3tran

Banned
squared said:

It would be nice to choose units separately. I also use everyday kilos and horses.
Until then,
1kw = 1,35hp
1kg = 2,2lbs

Ty4on

PjotrStroganov said:
Because people like using the metric system while also using the term HP.
You also have metric hp, it's 75 kilograms lifted one meter in one second. Earth's gravity is rated at 9.81 m/s^2 so it equals to around 735 Watts or 0.74 kW.

1 kW is around 1.34 imperial hp, the one Forza uses which gives the Veyron 987 hp and BMW M5 E60 500 hp, but it is around 1.36 metric hp which gives the Veyron the 1001 hp we all know and love as well as the M5 E60's 507 hp. They gave the M5 E60 7 more hp so that it wouldn't have 400 something in the US and GB.

As far as I know kW is only used in daily speech in Australia, it's used in Europe, but you never brag about having 200+ kW because no one would understand you.

squared

Exactly, most of Europe (as far as I know) uses hp, and NO ONE uses lbs. Therefore, putting it to metric automatically sets the power rating of the cars to kw, and I (and many others, I'm definitely not alone in this) want to know my exact HP figure when selecting or more importantly, upgrading cars. If I set it to english/imperial, I get HP, but also lbs at the same time.

It's such a small thing yet it becomes bigger when it's sooo easily fixed - in NO other game have I seen this problem. So if I want to know both the HP and weight of the car, I have to back out to the options menu, change the setting, and go back to the car again.

Tokubetsu said:
Gonna remove you from my xbl fl. You ruin every leaderboard ='(
It's in the spirit of competition. I scroll through the rivals mode to see if anyone on my friend's list is the rival then I attempt to beat it. You break my record, I break you lol

Jube's rival drift score on Fujimi scares me though :/

Gowans007 said:
Some pics I took last night:
FrJoC.jpg
Love how the car behind the Camaro is eating its dust lol

p3tran said:
I'm not faster than bcd2 or gek. And apparently I am slower than nagge!!
will have to finish with the house and pull out the wheel and see what can be done with him lol

p.s. amar you are from the balkans iirc? I'm in Athens, so you my neighbour :D
Find those three one thousandths yet? HUAHUAHUAHUAHUAHUA

Grassy said:
I don't think the LE VIP car pack will be DLC by itself, you'll have to pay for VIP status later on to get the car pack. I think that's how it worked in Forza 3.

I tried to get an LCE at gamestop, they didnt have them available to preorder anymore.

I see its up on walmarts website, is walmart pretty speedy with shipping new releases?

JonCha

Played the demo and it took me about eight times on Hard to get 1st (kept hitting 2nd/3rd for a few races). I've never fully played Forza before, so do I suck?

JonCha said:
Played the demo and it took me about eight times on Hard to get 1st (kept hitting 2nd/3rd for a few races). I've never fully played Forza before, so do I suck?

Do some rivals stuff and really see. I think they might have the demo dumbed down a little but who knows?

Rivals is where this game will eat away time after I build up my car selection and go through the career mode.

I also think Rivals is where I'll become a better driver.

derFeef

Well... it works really well shockingly. You move the stick to the left or right and it's steering very gently oO - you fly off of you hold it for too long though.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
soundscream said:
MRm7m.png

Have the resident GAF experts discussed this yet?

I knew it wasn't assisted after I tested it on the green disc copy I just couldn't comment lol.. Welp the bearded man god has spoken.

Iknos will have to try out the retail.

p3tran

Banned
Big Takeover said:
Find those three one thousandths yet? HUAHUAHUAHUAHUAHUA
amazing how close it is! :D
I pass you easily from go up to the first 4-5 turns (hint!), but then you go so smooth after the big slope down and left-right, that I cant really do that with the pad.
my game room is in this condition right now, so chances are you will remain 3/1000s of a second in front of me for a few more days.
enjoy my friend!! 8D

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
P3tran I was trying to beat your zonda rivals time.

You animal :(, I got it down to 1:46 I need more practice, I was doing it with my controller, 360 wheel is next lol.. I'll probably do worse.

p3tran

Banned
Slayer-33 said:
P3tran I was trying to beat your zonda rivals time.

You animal :(, I got it down to 1:46 I need more practice, I was doing it with my controller, 360 wheel is next lol.. I'll probably do worse.

plenty of room for improvement for both of us ;)

1:44 and change in the Cinque seems to be my limit at the moment. There's clearly time to be made up, especially in the wide-radius turn before the tunnel, and at the base of the long uphill stretch where I keep washing out wide, but it's hard for me to get those extra tenths on a pad.

Sure is fun trying, though.

p3tran

Banned
so if I wanted one more thing from the demo, that would be replay function.
I've done some really crazy shit on this mountain....!

p3tran said:
amazing how close it is! :D
I pass you easily from go up to the first 4-5 turns (hint!), but then you go so smooth after the big slope down and left-right, that I cant really do that with the pad.
my game room is in this condition right now, so chances are you will remain 3/1000s of a second in front of me for a few more days.
enjoy my friend!! 8D
That's exactly right. My lap is actually pretty crap, but I nailed those two corners. There's plenty of time left on the table. There's a few more punches for us to trade.

The pad, the pad...of course...what's next paint fumes cost you half a second?! ;-)

nagge

Daveyskills is an alien, I'm 1.1s off his time, where the hell do I make up 1.1s?! I know I make some mistakes, but wow, that guy can drive. His ghost is constantly faster than me...I will spend some serious time in this game this weekend to try and get a bit closer at least.

watership

soundscream said:
When does the OT go up?

and it better be titled

Forza 4 |OT| Definitively Incubating On A Sub 6inch Level A Reversed Enginerd Sun

Oh shit. It'll be going up today right? Grom doing it?

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
nagge said:
Daveyskills is an alien, I'm 1.1s off his time, where the hell do I make up 1.1s?! I know I make some mistakes, but wow, that guy can drive. His ghost is constantly faster than me...I will spend some serious time in this game this weekend to try and get a bit closer at least.

iceman.jpg

Yoritomo

soundscream said:
MRm7m.png

Have the resident GAF experts discussed this yet?

Dan is not technically correct in his assessment, or he misunderstood the problem. The issue is only apparent on wheel in 900 degree mode. So fanatec wheels only. If you test the game at 270 degrees you will not see the issue that I point out in my video.

The issue is that the steering ratio changes drastically on 900 degree wheels when you are counter steering. Imagine that the xbox is turning your 900 degree wheel into a 270 degree wheel only when you are counter steering. In the video I posted/created I show the transition point where it goes back to having the lowered sensitivity of a 900 degree wheel.

watership

Yoritomo said:
Actually I shouldn't comment anymore, however Dan is not technically correct in his assessment, or he misunderstood the problem.

The creative director of Turn10 and the dude who runs the whole shebang doesn't understand what's in his own game?

Top Bottom