• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 4 - The Floodgates Have Opened...

Slayer-33 said:
I know you've played forza since the first lol just saying :p

Now I got the itch to get that god damned air wheel... God damned people praising it too much.. It just seems way too convenient to pick up and use.
You know you want it! It's calling out to you!

Duallusion said:
Wait, the preorder incentive is getting a car for Forza 3? What about F4?
Well, there might be gifts inside Forza 4, but the people complaining about have not received a car yet are talking about 3.

Early copies of Forza 4 come with free dlc, but depending on demand in your area, you can usually snag that sort if thing without preordering if you buy it early enough.

Slayer-33 said:
I haven't tried playing with kinect but I'm guessing it's worse than the wheel because of lag.

oh, i am never actually going to drive that way. that's crazy talk. i was referring more to headtracking only. that part i want to try, even though i am a bonnett/hood camera racer, not cockpit.

Duallusion

CrudeDiatribe said:
Well, there might be gifts inside Forza 4, but the people complaining about have not received a car yet are talking about 3.

Early copies of Forza 4 come with free dlc, but depending on demand in your area, you can usually snag that sort if thing without preordering if you buy it early enough.

Ah, ok. My preorder (ShopTo) states I'll get all 5 "exclusive" pre-order cars, which is nice.

watership said:
So no more major announcements? No more secrets? No more media explosions?

until the review embargoes are up, nothing new I would guess. but we still don't have any real hands on reports, as teh NDA is still up for anyone with a Green disc.

guest1321

Gouda Jouji said:
Am I only that can see a product code at the bottom of that page? It's already been redeemed though, I just tried it. Wonder what it was for.
Turn10 "hid" a bunch of early access demo codes through the website. That is what you are seeing.

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true
Alright I guess I'll sell my microsoft racing wheel since I'm getting a speed wheel. What is the going rate for a full racing wheel set thats in great shape?

Slayer-33 said:
I haven't tried playing with kinect but I'm guessing it's worse than the wheel because of lag.
I did a race using Kinect and it works surprisingly well. You don't have to leave your arms straight out like I did because you will get tired fast. Just relax and have your elbows bent and it works just like a charm. I can see people who are into cars and racing but aren't good at playing video games (because of the controller) getting a real kick out of using Kinect to play the game.

Head tracking is a neat little addition. You can have Kinect either track you by focusing only on the player's head while they turn it from left to right or track their entire body leaning left and right. There are options you can mess around with to get it to exactly how sensitive you want the turning to be. Overall, it works as advertised.

guest1321

Big Ass Ramp said:
Alright I guess I'll sell my microsoft racing wheel since I'm getting a speed wheel. What is the going rate for a full racing wheel set thats in great shape?
If you plan on only using the speed wheel then I would agree with selling it. But otherwise having a FFB wheel is going to be fairly nice I'd think. I'd also consider buying it so yeah..
I think they go for around the 125-150 range

eso76

Gowans007 said:
Finally playing on the downstairs Xbox. Head tracking is working great say on a sofa 8 foot away from my tv, I'm shocked.

Take this as you will but I am totally skipping upgrading and tinkering jut to race as much as I can.

Who are all the gaffers who got this early? I need your gamertag or you need to search for gaf and join the club.

me.

xEsorcicciOx

unfortinately i just got robbed of my green disc.

nah, it's just that my wife's parents are staying tonight and i can't play... : (
Anyway, can't really challenge your lap times since i'm spending most of the time watching replays, actually :D

Are we allowed to say headtracking works great ? because it does. Very responsive and it adds a whole new layer of immersion to the experience.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
watership said:
Ease up! You'll pull a hype muscle.

lol, where are the hype muscles located?

eso76 said:
me.

xEsorcicciOx

unfortinately i just got robbed of my green disc.

nah, it's just that my wife's parents are staying tonight and i can't play... : (
Anyway, can't really challenge your lap times since i'm spending most of the time watching replays, actually :D

Are we allowed to say headtracking works great ? because it does. Very responsive and it adds a whole new layer of immersion to the experience.

I can't believe that I haven't busted out my kinect sensor.

I'll do it in a few hours.

SarBear

Well, that was quick.

Laid a complaint out here, and it was solved overnight. To whomever addressed it, thank you Turn10 for my unicorn!

=)

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
SarBear said:
Well, that was quick.

Laid a complaint out here, and it was solved overnight. To whomever addressed it, thank you Turn10 for my unicorn!

=)

-nm lol thought you got them to patch something.

eso76

Slayer-33 said:
lol, where are the hype muscles located?

I can't believe that I haven't busted out my kinect sensor.

I'll do it in a few hours.

do that.
You'll just have to find if you're more comfortable with leaning or turning; takes a couple laps to get used to, but it works and feels great.

Aguirre

just got done playing the demo.

first thing i noticed was the engine noise... it's glorious. it's actually quite realistic, i think.

Shaneus

SarBear said:
Well, that was quick.

=)
I've laid out a complaint here, to Jube directly and on the FM.net forums... that was a few days ago. Hopefully tonight I'll have something!

GANGSTERKILLER said:
When does the review embargo end?

I expect a 10 from Edge, 9.5 from IGN and a 9.5 from Gametrailers!!
"Skip" from Ars.

My Fanatec settings (GT2) if anyone is interested

Sensitivity: Off
FFB: 80-100 (doesn't really effect wheel weight so I keep it high)
Shock: 80

Everything else is off, it's a simple setup but compared to the many settings I had before it but feels pretty good now.

ShapeGSX

Shaneus said:
I've laid out a complaint here, to Jube directly and on the FM.net forums... that was a few days ago. Hopefully tonight I'll have something!

"Skip" from Ars.

Definitely not. The guy writing the review is active on the Ars forum in the Forza 4 thread. :)

skyfinch

antiquegamer said:
Review copy.

Well, it's their loss that I didn't get mine. Here's the review that they could have used on the back of the box.

"Forza 4 is a fantastic racing game. I really enjoyed it. 5 IBL beards out of 5." - Skyfinch

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
samdavis said:
Do these guys run game blogs, or work in the industry in some other capacity?
By being long-standing and priceless members of the Forza community.*

*LOL, yeah right.

Yes, I am salty, too. :(

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
samdavis said:
Do these guys run game blogs, or work in the industry in some other capacity?

I just love the game

antiquegamer said:
Review copy.

I think that the green disc copy is not a review copy. I might be wrong but something about it leads me to believe that it can't be a review copy. Something about build date >_> + some other details that seem to be turned off.

skyfinch

Slayer-33 said:
I just love the game

I think that the green disc copy is not a review copy. I might be wrong but something about it leads me to believe that it can't be a review copy. Something about build date >_> + some other details that seem to be turned off.

Oh, so it's not the complete game?I thought it was.

Raudi

I posted my Fanatec wheel settings on GT Planet and fm.net and got some positive feedback so I wanted to share with GAF:

SEN 900 | FF 70 | SHO 40 | DRI 004 | ABS 85 | LIN 0 | DEA 0 | SPR -2 | DPR -3

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
skyfinch said:
Oh, so it's not the complete game?I thought it was.

It's the complete game it's just that the build date is possibly going to be old compared to an actual review copy that mags got.

That's a review copy! lol

Big Takeover said:
Is there something specific you were wondering about?

Just how do they feel compared to each other. Specifically in performance with laptimes (if you can do better with the air wheel)

Raudi said:
I posted my Fanatec wheel settings on GT Planet and fm.net and got some positive feedback so I wanted to share with GAF:

I will definitely try this out.

Any reason FFB is down to 70? I find the FFB to be a little light but it might also just be the specific cars. In GT5 I could really feel that thing at 100 and in Forza it feels like I already have it at 60-70. I'm hoping for more tuning in the retail release.

Does SPR and DPR affect Forza? I know in the manual it says "PS3 only" or something but they update their manuals about every 10 years lol.

shinnn said:
Tire squealing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qr0lyKC_j4o

It has never been so good :D

Damn dude! You're like a stunt driver!

Thanks anyways Slayer, in the meantime, I've turned my gamma setting on my TV up to +3, just like I do with Forza 3, it's much much better and others with Samsungs calls of this should try it also. :)

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Raudi said:

Is that for the new wheel or the old one from last year?

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
EteRnal_PAL said:
Head tracking is a neat little addition. You can have Kinect either track you by focusing only on the player's head while they turn it from left to right or track their entire body leaning left and right. There are options you can mess around with to get it to exactly how sensitive you want the turning to be. Overall, it works as advertised.

was head tracking on the x axis only, or can it also track y and z axis? can you look up and down and raise and lower your point of view?

Slayer-33 said:
It's the complete game it's just that the build date is possibly going to be old compared to an actual review copy that mags got.

That's a review copy! lol

Just how do they feel compared to each other. Specifically in performance with laptimes (if you can do better with the air wheel)
I stand corrected, I thought you all got review copy too. Now I am a little less jealous.

That review junket look awesome.

Top Bottom