• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 4 - The Floodgates Have Opened...

Big Ass Ramp said:
Alright I guess I'll sell my microsoft racing wheel since I'm getting a speed wheel. What is the going rate for a full racing wheel set thats in great shape?
I sold mine two-ish years ago for $80 on eBay. Mine was practically new. It was a pain to ship.

EteRnal_PAL said:
Head tracking is a neat little addition. You can have Kinect either track you by focusing only on the player's head while they turn it from left to right or track their entire body leaning left and right. There are options you can mess around with to get it to exactly how sensitive you want the turning to be. Overall, it works as advertised.
I'm glad the head tracking works great. Head tracking in Gran Turismo 5 was horrible. I could never get it to work. I just sold Kinect a week ago on eBay. I guess I won't be getting that achievement.

Slayer-33 said:
Just how do they feel compared to each other. Specifically in performance with laptimes (if you can do better with the air wheel)
I'd say that for me personally there's nothing between the three Microsoft products as far as times go. I'm not half bad at these things, but I run out of talent before I could tell you if one of them was consistently helping or hurting.

The controller would easily be the hardest, but it's something the majority of us are accustomed to the most. The speed wheel is new, but really fun to use and every bit as capable. The wheel has force feedback and the benefit of removing the throttle/brake from another thing your hands have to do.

If we were to expand this out to include a high quality wheel/pedal set from someone like Fanatec, then I would say without question you would literally be buying time. It offers a much higher level of precision.

Oh, I didn't even realize you already had a wheel. Sorry. If you have the space and commitment to using it, then there's no reason to take a sideways step.

shinnn

krpiper said:
I am not sure if this has been discussed but when does the embargo end/
Oct 6th. I think.

Some pics

25211ucr.jpg

24799ubh.jpg

24689u22.jpg

2443auvk.jpg

2417iuo0.jpg

2383zujy.jpg

getphoto.ashx559vu8s.jpg

getphoto.ashx557ou0j.jpg

I'm not sure if this is official but here is the list of all the unicorns.
From http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=213883

Forza 4 Unicorn cars

2002 M3-GTR "Street Version" [Unicorn / Buy in Auction House]
1969 Camaro SS Coupe [Unicorn / FM3 Profile Import if in FM3 Garage ~ Or buy in Auction House]
2007 430 Scuderia [Unicorn / Get via FM3 Profile Import if in FM3 Garage ~ Or buy in Auction House]
2003 Challenge Stradale [Unicorn / Buy in Auction House]
2007 Shelby GT500 [Unicorn / Buy in Auction House]
2004 Mugen Civic Type-R [Unicorn / Buy in Auction House]
2002 Mugen Integra Type-R [Unicorn / Buy in Auction House]
2005 NSX-R GT [Unicorn / Buy in Auction House]
2007 Gallardo Superleggera [Unicorn / Get via FM3 Profile Import if in FM3 Garage ~ Or buy in Auction House]
2007 Murciélago LP640 [Unicorn / Buy in Auction House]
2002 RX-7 Spirit R Type-A [Unicorn / FM3 Profile Import if in FM3 Garage ~ Or buy in Auction House]
2006 HKS Time Attack Evolution CT230R [Unicorn / FM3 Profile Import if in FM3 Garage ~ Or buy in Auction House]
1993 MINE'S R32 Skyline GT-R [Unicorn / Buy in Auction House]
2002 MINE'S R34 Skyline GT-R [Unicorn / Buy in Auction House]
2004 Top Secret Silvia D1-Spec S15 [image] [Unicorn / Buy in Auction House]
2006 Impreza S204 [Unicorn / FM3 Profile Import if in FM3 Garage ~ Or buy in Auction House]
2002 Top Secret 0-300 Supra [Unicorn / Buy in Auction House]

h3ro

drifter444 said:

Forza 4 Unicorn cars

2002 M3-GTR "Street Version" [Unicorn / Buy in Auction House]
1969 Camaro SS Coupe [Unicorn / FM3 Profile Import if in FM3 Garage ~ Or buy in Auction House]
2007 430 Scuderia [Unicorn / Get via FM3 Profile Import if in FM3 Garage ~ Or buy in Auction House]
2003 Challenge Stradale [Unicorn / Buy in Auction House]
2007 Shelby GT500 [Unicorn / Buy in Auction House]
2004 Mugen Civic Type-R [Unicorn / Buy in Auction House]
2002 Mugen Integra Type-R [Unicorn / Buy in Auction House]
2005 NSX-R GT [Unicorn / Buy in Auction House]
2007 Gallardo Superleggera [Unicorn / Get via FM3 Profile Import if in FM3 Garage ~ Or buy in Auction House]
2007 Murciélago LP640 [Unicorn / Buy in Auction House]
2002 RX-7 Spirit R Type-A [Unicorn / FM3 Profile Import if in FM3 Garage ~ Or buy in Auction House]
2006 HKS Time Attack Evolution CT230R [Unicorn / FM3 Profile Import if in FM3 Garage ~ Or buy in Auction House]
1993 MINE'S R32 Skyline GT-R [Unicorn / Buy in Auction House]
2002 MINE'S R34 Skyline GT-R [Unicorn / Buy in Auction House]
2004 Top Secret Silvia D1-Spec S15 [image] [Unicorn / Buy in Auction House]
2006 Impreza S204 [Unicorn / FM3 Profile Import if in FM3 Garage ~ Or buy in Auction House]
2002 Top Secret 0-300 Supra [Unicorn / Buy in Auction House]

I wonder if the Unicorn achievement will pop if you import one from F3.

Could any of you guys that have the game early comment on whether you got the cheevo from importing on from F3?

Grassy

CrudeDiatribe said:
Er... the pre-order incentive is a gift car in Forza 3 (that might turn into a car in Forza 4, if you didn't already have a Spirit R). There's no email or anything, just a message in FM3 that you got a new car and you can download it.

There will also be at least one other gift car sent out within a month of Forza 4 releasing(according to the pre-order incentive page on FM.net).

krpiper said:
I am not sure if this has been discussed but when does the embargo end/

October 6th, first Australian reviews should be up in around 12 hours :)

XiaNaphryz said:
Is that for the new wheel or the old one from last year?

I believe the GT2 and CSR have the same internals, so I think it would work for both. I don't think they released new firmware with the new batch of wheels either so you should get the same results no matter which wheel. But I'm not totally sure.

Shaneus

guest1321 said:
Forza Motorsport 4 |OT| Stroke thy beard and get 3 wishes: IBL, Community, Autovista
Forza Motorsport 4 |OT| 900 degree wheel... need assistance with that?

Edit:

drifter444 said:

Forza 4 Unicorn cars
So are some of those unicorns in 4 but not in 3? I'm sure that CT230R was a prize car in 3. If so, I need to start buying some more cars!

Mascot

Raudi said:
I posted my Fanatec wheel settings on GT Planet and fm.net and got some positive feedback so I wanted to share with GAF:

SEN 900 | FF 70 | SHO 40 | DRI 004 | ABS 85 | LIN 0 | DEA 0 | SPR -2 | DPR -3

Thanks Raudi, I'll give those a go.

I didn't realise until fairly recently that any 'notchy' rotational feel can be removed by fiddling with the 'drift' setting.
Smooth as butter now.

guest1321

callmedave said:
What is a "Unicorn car" and I'm just now getting into Forza 3, with that speed wheel work with 3 alright?
A unicorn car is a "rare" car; both in game and real life. The speed wheel will work fine with it.

Shaneus

Shaneus said:
So are some of those unicorns in 4 but not in 3? I'm sure that CT230R was a prize car in 3. If so, I need to start buying some more cars!
Repost. Any ideas? I'm sure some of those are regular cars in 3 that can be bought without having to go to the marketplace...

Shaneus said:
Repost. Any ideas? I'm sure some of those are regular cars in 3 that can be bought without having to go to the marketplace...

BADNED sez:

Fake edit: Holy shit @ Autovista F1 interior.

The H1 looks so badass. I'm looking forward to streamrolling hybrids with it. So glad they gave us the correct Hummer, and not the pussified H2 and H3.

Shaneus

Spaceman Spiff said:
BADNED sez:

Fake edit: Holy shit @ Autovista F1 interior.
Ah. I saw that bit but after re-reading it, it makes sense. Looks like there are more cars I should buy before the great save game import next week.

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true
guest1321 said:
If you plan on only using the speed wheel then I would agree with selling it. But otherwise having a FFB wheel is going to be fairly nice I'd think. I'd also consider buying it so yeah..
I think they go for around the 125-150 range

if you want to buy it that would be great. I much rather sell it to GAF brethren over the unwashed eBay masses. PM me if you're interested

BTW, the eagle has landed:

CRdrc.jpg

The gamestop employee asked me why I was buying it as he said it looked "dumb", I told him I had heard good things about it. Then he asked me if I wanted to pre-order something.

Big-ass Ramp

feels light but solid so far. the triggers will be a god-send for racing games. much easier to jump off the line without burning out. D pad is as awful as ever, but I like the clicky start, back, and guide buttons. Also like the M&M minis-shaped ABYX.

Iknos

Hard for me to get over the assists yet your pictures draw me in.

Laguna Seca seems like a good track for 16 player Hummer racing. Elevations turn it into a climb in some sections. Braking after the first corner and corkscrew will be hard with all that weight. Exit corners well and you can pass on the straights.

16 hummers with custom liveries on each and everyone of them will be a sight.

Big-ass Ramp

kinda strange how well this thing works. I think that has been my hardest part so far: actually trusting the wheel that it will register my turns. But it picks up even slight adjustments with no problem whatsoever.

I think this thing may be really cool guys

one negative: the d pad seems extra bad. like its takes multiple tries to get it move on the menu because I'm not pressing it hard enough. I'll get use to that, but MS still doesn't know how to make D pads.

does it have rumble? Forza seems to thing so but I'm not getting any. How do I turn that on?

EDIT: now I'm getting rumble in rivals mode, but wasn't getting any in the quick race mode. Strange. But that's one thing I was going to say was that I miss rumble but I understand that it would mess with the gyroscope stuff. I'm pleasantly surprised!

EDIT 2: maybe I was getting rumble in quick race I just never did anything to trigger it.

madmackem

Ohhh noes, i copied over my forza 3 save via usb to my new gears console it copied ok but is that save now borked? i dare not launch forza 3 to test it i was going to just wait till 4 comes next week but im going to be well pissed if i have lost nearly a 1000/1000 game save with a fuckton of money and cars.

adelante

Big Ass Ramp said:
kinda strange how well this thing works. I think that has been my hardest part so far: actually trusting the wheel that it will register my turns. But it picks up even slight adjustments with no problem whatsoever.

I think this thing may be really cool guys
Damnit...gonna be hard not be tempted to buy that thing. AH FRACK IT. =D

madmackem said:
Ohhh noes, i copied over my forza 3 save via usb to my new gears console it copied ok but is that save now borked? i dare not launch forza 3 to test it i was going to just wait till 4 comes next week but im going to be well pissed if i have lost nearly a 1000/1000 game save with a fuckton of money and cars.
No transfer cable used?

R.I.P.

Big-ass Ramp

adelante said:
Damnit...gonna be hard not be tempted to buy that thing. AH FRACK IT. =D

honestly, it's kinda awesome dude. It works really well. It's perfect for someone like me who wants a wheel but doesn't have the space or time for a full on wheel setup.

soundscream said:
This car is shocked at how much more fun we are going to have with this game.

ha ha

madmackem

soundscream said:
No transfer cable used?

R.I.P.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHSHITE, nope i couldnt as the console it was on was traded in to pay for the new one. Damn shit fuck bollocks wank. Thats about 50 hours i wont get back argggggggghhhhh.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Yay for the theme!

Anyway, FM 4 going live will be the best thing ever!

Markets AM packed.

I wonder if green copy saves will be wiped.

Can't waif to join our GAF auto club, that shit will be awesome.

Top Bottom