• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 4 - The Floodgates Have Opened...

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true
madmackem said:
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHSHITE, nope i couldnt as the console it was on was traded in to pay for the new one. Damn shit fuck bollocks wank. Thats about 50 hours i wont get back argggggggghhhhh.

why do people want their Forza 3 saves? Does it tie into 4 in some way?

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
madmackem said:
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHSHITE, nope i couldnt as the console it was on was traded in to pay for the new one. Damn shit fuck bollocks wank. Thats about 50 hours i wont get back argggggggghhhhh.
Mine successfully copied via USB, you might be OK.

botlite

Big Ass Ramp said:
why do people want their Forza 3 saves? Does it tie into 4 in some way?

You can import your save and get some cars depending on what you have and you also get some for your driver level. The details are in the first post.

amar212

madmackem said:
ITS ALIIIIIIVVVVVVE, just tried it on forza 3 and its fully there yes!!!!!! all cars and cash are there bring on forza 4 biatchs.

HOW?!? I demand an answer!! My USB copied save was FUBAR and nothing could be done... damn lucky hippie.. ;)

p3tran

Banned
my unicorn is ready!!

img_2147s2ujf.jpg

roll-on forza 4!!!

madmackem

amar212 said:
HOW?!? I demand an answer!! My USB copied save was FUBAR and nothing could be done... damn lucky hippie.. ;)

Im not sure mate, all i did was move my gamertag onto the usb stick then moved all saves i wanted on to it, dropped it all of fon the new xbox then did a xbox.com/drm and it seems to be working. All my cars stats money etc are there when i booted up forza 3.

eso76

madmackem said:
ITS ALIIIIIIVVVVVVE, just tried it on forza 3 and its fully there yes!!!!!! all cars and cash are there bring on forza 4 biatchs.

ok, now tell me EXACTLY how you did.

i was considering waiting for the new dashboard and cloud saves, in fear of losing data..

madmackem

eso76 said:

i was considering waiting for the new dashboard and cloud saves, in fear of losing data..

A few posts above mate. Its all i did and all seems to be there.

amar212

eso76 said:

madmackem said:
Im not sure mate, all i did was move my gamertag onto the usb stick ...

Well, I can safely say this is the link I was missing.

Damn, so stupid yet so logical.

This is the answer, you have to probably move a gamertag to USB.

Stupid, stupid me. Thanx Madmeckem, congratulations on successful surgery :D

madmackem

amar212 said:

Good luck mate i hope it works for you like it seems to for me. I also think i clicked move rather than copy.

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
Karish said:
Does the demo have Kinect functionality?
Nope.

amar212 said:

It was over a year ago, so I could be wrong. However, I'm fairly sure I did not copy my tag over at the same time as my saves, yet I never had a problem.

Shaneus

p3tran said:
my unicorn is ready!!

http://www.abload.de/img/img_2147s2ujf.jpg[IMG]

roll-on forza 4!!![/QUOTE]
Right there with you, broseph! Woo!

I laughed [spoiler]then cried[/spoiler] at this ad in that car list thread on GTPlanet:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/I2wn8.png

Shaneus

I've gone through that list of FM4 unicorns and there are actually a lot of those in FM3 already that can be bought offline. Sucks that they'll now be hard to come by once FM4 is out.

Really sucks.

bigswords

I'm no racing car expert but judging from the screens and the look of the physics.

Holy crap at the screens.

Well I guess Grand-o Toileto 5 has no chance against now....

Gowans

One thing i don't think Forza 3 got enough love for and is a big help in Forza 4 is the ability to follow/favourite people.

With a full friends list, favourites plus the car club make me a happy bunny for the leaderboards.

Izayoi

Banned
How are you supposed to get Unicorn cars? Do you just randomly get gifted them during career or something? Or are they the ones that cost 15m+ to buy?

If it just a matter of grinding, that doesn't really bother me, but kind of sucks if they're a random thing.

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
Izayoi said:
How are you supposed to get Unicorn cars? Do you just randomly get gifted them during career or something? Or are they the ones that cost 15m+ to buy?

If it just a matter of grinding, that doesn't really bother me, but kind of sucks if they're a random thing.

I think you can only buy them in the auction house. At least that's how it used to work.

eso76

madmackem said:
Im not sure mate, all i did was move my gamertag onto the usb stick then moved all saves i wanted on to it, dropped it all of fon the new xbox then did a xbox.com/drm and it seems to be working. All my cars stats money etc are there when i booted up forza 3.

wow, you mean Gamestop clerk was *GASP* right ?? :D
holy shit : )

when i bought the slim i told him i needed a transfer cable.
He said
"no man, you don't "
"oh yes, i need one, desperately "
"dude, a regular usb key will do, that's all you need"
"no man, you don't get it, i heard of lost saves and horror tales, i need one"
"man, trust me, i also had problems with mass effect, but you just have to move your profile to usb first, then move saves. It works, don't worry"
"wtf dude, just give me the damn cable, i don't believe you "
"well, we're out of those"

i'm shocked. has to be the first gamestop clerk who knows what he's talking about

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
eso76 said:
wow, you mean Gamestop clerk was *GASP* right ?? :D
holy shit : )

when i bought the slim i told him i needed a transfer cable.
He said
"no man, you don't "
"oh yes, i need one, desperately "
"dude, a regular usb key will do, that's all you need"
"no man, you don't get it, i heard of lost saves and horror tales, i need one"
"man, trust me, i also had problems with mass effect, but you just have to move your profile to usb first, then move saves. It works, don't worry"
"wtf dude, just give me the damn cable, i don't believe you "
"well, we're out of those"

i'm shocked. has to be the first gamestop clerk who knows what he's talking about
GameStop clerks in to gamers. Gamers in to GameStop clerks.

Anyone know how many credits we can transfer from our Forza 3 save? I take it there will be some sort of cap. Keen to transfer as many credits as I can to have a shot at buying a unicorn car.

Snubbers

Captain Bluey said:
Anyone know how many credits we can transfer from our Forza 3 save? I take it there will be some sort of cap. Keen to transfer as many credits as I can to have a shot at buying a unicorn car.

I think it's capped at a cool '0'..

I thought Just cars/vinyl groups get transferred.. I could be wrong :)

Shaneus

Snubbers said:
I think it's capped at a cool '0'..

I thought Just cars/vinyl groups get transferred.. I could be wrong :)
Pretty much, though I believe that depending on your level in FM3 you'll get credited with a certain amount of cash at the start of 4.

Just re-read Under the Hood Part 2. You are all correct - the game gives you a certain amount of credits based on your level in Forza 3. I think that is it. For some reason, I thought that there was also an import of credits.

I also received an email from Microsoft today advertising Forza 4 where they invite me to take a test to see which Forza 4 car suits my personality. Curiously, they state the following:

"With the Forza Motorsport 4 Profiler, you can discover which of the 800 plus Forza Motorsport 4 cars best suits your personality (and have a lot of fun along the way). To unveil your perfectly tuned motoring monster, simply race on over to the Xbox Australia and New Zealand Facebook page and answer our Forza Motorsport 4 Profiler questions."

Any idea where they are getting the 800 car figure from? The game only has 500 cars. 300 DLC cars to come perhaps? :)

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Captain Bluey said:
Just re-read Under the Hood Part 2. You are all correct - the game gives you a certain amount of credits based on your level in Forza 3. I think that is it. For some reason, I thought that there was also an import of credits.

I also received an email from Microsoft today advertising Forza 4 where they invite me to take a test to see which Forza 4 car suits my personality. Curiously, they state the following:

"With the Forza Motorsport 4 Profiler, you can discover which of the 800 plus Forza Motorsport 4 cars best suits your personality (and have a lot of fun along the way). To unveil your perfectly tuned motoring monster, simply race on over to the Xbox Australia and New Zealand Facebook page and answer our Forza Motorsport 4 Profiler questions."

Any idea where they are getting the 800 car figure from? The game only has 500 cars. 300 DLC cars to come perhaps? :)
Look at your numpad.

It's a typo.

Top Bottom