• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 4 - The Floodgates Have Opened...

Shaneus

Finally, just saw an ad on Australian TV for Forza 4. It's starting!

Was a cut-down version of the E3 trailer. Didn't look like the newer version as there wasn't any sign of the Nurb, but it was good to see. If I hadn't heard of it before and I'd just see that, I'd be looking up as much info as possible.

Still doesn't do as much for me as the leaked trailer, though. God damn, that induced more hype than anything ever.

Can't believe it is less than a week away! Still no demo for me since I am a free account and I think I will not even bother downloading it and go in blind.

Xanadu

Banned
Snkfanatic said:
Can't believe it is less than a week away! Still no demo for me since I am a free account and I think I will not even bother downloading it and go in blind.
i think i read somewhere its available to silver members on friday

eso76

it appears taxigamer has lots of videos.

(unfortunately, whoever captured those didn't adjust gamma and brightness properly)

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
AlanzTalon said:
depends on the difficulty.

yup. thats actually primarily what separates difficulty now, rather than artificially limiting the ai's speed

amar212 said:
HOW?!? I demand an answer!! My USB copied save was FUBAR and nothing could be done... damn lucky hippie.. ;)

I moved my save several times (both Forza 2 and 3) and never have problem using USB drive (and even before that with the MU). I am thinking may be when you start the game you didn't have all your DLC download and the save said it's missing content then you start a new game and it's erase your old save. I know it does this in Forza 2 if you are missing DLC it would say profile error or something of that sort.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
cjelly said:
Amen, brother.

A class full course was godly.

as long as you dont go above A it was stellar. fuck, i hope we'll get it somehow - i can only imagine how could it would be with the new physics!

Cptkrush

Just got an email from Fanatec telling me that my CSR is shipping today. FUCK YES! I think it might make it here in time for my newegg preorder of the game to show up. Anyone else get their emails?

vixlar

Ok, I just downloaded (and played) the demo. What a blast did I have!!!!!

Before going into details, you must know I wasn't that excited for this game. Even when I love the Forza series, I thought of it like "Foza 3 with kinect". The only thing I was a bit interested is that the number of competitors raised to 12.

But then, the people in this forum was writing good things, so I decided to give it a chance...

First, the sense of speed. Even in that Class D car the race feels glorious. And when you jump to the other classes, it only gets better and better.

The track they chose for the demo is really fun and it has many good looking places. I loved that you compete on different versions of the track on this demo.

The drinving is really intuitive (with a wheel) I even turned off all the assists and chosed manual gearing with clutch, and was driving like a boss. And I'm not saying it was easy, is just that after some laps you can really "connect" with the cars, and adjust your driving style.

The interior view is really good, and I love that you have the rearview mirror. I can't praise that view enough. I am not a fan of that view in racing games, but this game does it really good. And in the Zonda, I trust more in the rev indicator located in the wheel than the HUD.

Racing against eleven rivals is superb. I like to run trough the pack, and it feels really good.

The loading times in a complete race feels "normal" in comparison with Forza 3. (Amazing when you know that there are four cars more). But in the Zonda rival race... WOW! Now the time trials or testing laps won't feel as tedious.

And that Rival races... One of the things I loved from Rock Band 2 was the battle of bands, and now we have a version of it for Forza. And it looks really cool. Now, I don't know if this challenges will be weekly, daily, or if you must have the car in your garage.

This season looks terrible for my wallet: Batman, Battlefield 3, Skyrim, Zelda, Saints Row 3, and now this game I was not expecting to be that good. Gentlemen, start your engines!!!

kazinova

nagge said:
Autocross looks like a blast! :)
Need link to autocross video!

That's the one mode I'm most excited about. I'm a big autocrosser IRL and I'd I'd like to see it represented well in game to get more people excited about the sport.

Enron

Banned
For those of you that waited too long to preorder the CE (like me), none of the retailers are taking any more preorders for the CE box, EXCEPT for the microsoft store.

ShapeGSX

kazinova said:
Need link to autocross video!

That's the one mode I'm most excited about. I'm a big autocrosser IRL and I'd I'd like to see it represented well in game to get more people excited about the sport.

It's REALLY fast autocross compared to a real one. Although I've been on one that was pretty close to that speed before. They slowed it down, tho. :) Should be more fun on the smaller courses, I think.

http://www.taxigamer.com/forza-motorsport-4/gameplay/silverstone-autocross-with-a-audi-rs2/713

I'm really looking forward to this part of the game!

drifter444 said:
I'm not sure if this is official but here is the list of all the unicorns.
From http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=213883

Forza 4 Unicorn cars

2002 M3-GTR "Street Version" [Unicorn / Buy in Auction House]
1969 Camaro SS Coupe [Unicorn / FM3 Profile Import if in FM3 Garage ~ Or buy in Auction House]
2007 430 Scuderia [Unicorn / Get via FM3 Profile Import if in FM3 Garage ~ Or buy in Auction House]
2003 Challenge Stradale [Unicorn / Buy in Auction House]
2007 Shelby GT500 [Unicorn / Buy in Auction House]
2004 Mugen Civic Type-R [Unicorn / Buy in Auction House]
2002 Mugen Integra Type-R [Unicorn / Buy in Auction House]
2005 NSX-R GT [Unicorn / Buy in Auction House]
2007 Gallardo Superleggera [Unicorn / Get via FM3 Profile Import if in FM3 Garage ~ Or buy in Auction House]
2007 Murciélago LP640 [Unicorn / Buy in Auction House]
2002 RX-7 Spirit R Type-A [Unicorn / FM3 Profile Import if in FM3 Garage ~ Or buy in Auction House]
2006 HKS Time Attack Evolution CT230R [Unicorn / FM3 Profile Import if in FM3 Garage ~ Or buy in Auction House]
1993 MINE'S R32 Skyline GT-R [Unicorn / Buy in Auction House]
2002 MINE'S R34 Skyline GT-R [Unicorn / Buy in Auction House]
2004 Top Secret Silvia D1-Spec S15 [image] [Unicorn / Buy in Auction House]
2006 Impreza S204 [Unicorn / FM3 Profile Import if in FM3 Garage ~ Or buy in Auction House]
2002 Top Secret 0-300 Supra [Unicorn / Buy in Auction House]

This list is bullshit. A lot of these are easily available in the previous installments and now its gonna be impossible to get them.

The M3-GTR Road Version is always one of the earliest cars that I purchase since FM2 and now I'm screwed :(

Not even the awesomeness that is the E39 can ease the pain :/

fu3lfr3nzy said:
This list is bullshit. A lot of these are easily available in the previous installments and now its gonna be impossible to get them.

The M3-GTR Road Version is always one of the earliest cars that I purchase since FM2 and now I'm screwed :(

Not even the awesomeness that is the E39 can ease the pain :/

The only justification I can make for having so many unicorns is that they have made obtaining unicorns easier.

If not, then yes, it massively sucks.

kazinova

AlanzTalon said:
which is exactly what a lot of folks were asking for.
Except I hope they have actual autocrossing in the game, it'd be so easy to make a random course generator for autocross...infinite awesomeness is sooo close.

Gek54

I was also most excited for actual Autocross courses like that in FM1, the tight and technical courses.

Even better than a random generator would be an autox creator. I would have been stoked if I could recreate my local Autocross.

So is it confirmed that there is no real autox courses?

Iknos

Gek54 said:
I was also most excited for actual Autocross courses like that in FM1, the tight and technical courses.

Even better than a random generator would be an autox creator. I would have been stoked if I could recreate my local Autocross.

So is it confirmed that there is no real autox courses?
It is only a pseudo autoX

Top Bottom