• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 4 - The Floodgates Have Opened...

G Rom

Sorry for the lack of OT, I still can't post it from home and need to go at my brother's place to do so (on the iPhone at the moment). It will up tomorrow late in the afternoon (that's in the morning or during the night for you, Americans) along with photos I made offline.

I see that you've came accross the videos we made.
The gamma is the default one, no color/gamma correction on our part.

The_Monk

G Rom said:
Sorry for the lack of OT, I still can't post it from home and need to go at my brother's place to do so (on the iPhone at the moment). It will up tomorrow late in the afternoon (that's in the morning or during the night for you, Americans) along with photos I made offline.

Nice can't wait for the OT! :)

acm2000

G Rom said:

whats your tip to avoid splooging yourself while playing? adult nappys? old wine bottle cork? rusty 4" nail?

Cptkrush said:
Just got an email from Fanatec telling me that my CSR is shipping today. FUCK YES! I think it might make it here in time for my newegg preorder of the game to show up. Anyone else get their emails?
No email yet, but that's great news. Fanatec came through! I bought the new shift kit as well; can't wait to try it out. Oh god, it's going to be glorious. This fuggin' game... :)

Gek54 said:
I was also most excited for actual Autocross courses like that in FM1, the tight and technical courses.

Even better than a random generator would be an autox creator. I would have been stoked if I could recreate my local Autocross.

So is it confirmed that there is no real autox courses?

cone challenge is really the better term....because it is more that than open parking lot autoX

G Rom said:

What's the subtitle for the OT?

Gek54

Iknos said:
It is only a pseudo autoX

Lame.

Id like to see Autocross creator become standard issue in these driving games. And being able to share them friends would be fun forever.

Being able to load multiple ghosts for any time attack style event would also be nice.

nagge

Cptkrush said:
Just got an email from Fanatec telling me that my CSR is shipping today. FUCK YES! I think it might make it here in time for my newegg preorder of the game to show up. Anyone else get their emails?

Lucky you, are you in the US? Still waiting for my order to ship, placed the order like 30min after they were available for pre-order, although I'm in europe so I guess I'll have to wait a little bit longer :/

Gonna get som Zonda-action now, or 458 if shadowkass has beaten me again :)

watership

G Rom said:

Thanks G rom, looking forward to it. I remember you saying you were without internet so I wasn't sure if that changed or not. How long are you in this terrifying situation for?

OrangeOak

G Rom said:
Lower LODs are better though. Maybe not more polygons but colors and shaders make a whole lot of difference.

Yes I've noticed it in a demo,they look much better than in Forza 3 and I'm glad that at least we are able to drive these menu models in single player races because they look outstanding.

Can you guys suggest a place to get the xbox live year membership for cheap? I might as well get on live, I will want to mess around with liveries and play online anyway

G Rom

It has been almost a month since I've had no home connection and a bit less for mobile connection. Unfortunately I still don't have an ETA. :-/

We'll probably do more videos. If you have requests, post them. We'll see what we can do. ;)

BTW, I don't know if it ramps up later and if others that have the game feel that way but I find the game super easy. I'm supposedly in pro difficulty and AIs do upgrade for the most part yet I distance the pack in few corners.

OrangeOak

G Rom said:
BTW, I don't know if it ramps up later and if others that have the game feel that way but I find the game super easy. I'm supposedly in pro difficulty and AIs do upgrade for the most part yet I distance the pack in few corners.

You are just too good ;)
Please make some vids from Camino in RUF !

Milpool

nagge said:
Lucky you, are you in the US? Still waiting for my order to ship, placed the order like 30min after they were available for pre-order, although I'm in europe so I guess I'll have to wait a little bit longer :/

Gonna get som Zonda-action now, or 458 if shadowkass has beaten me again :)

What's your order status? I only ordered mine last night and it just shows as Paid/Pending. I'm in the UK.

G Rom said:
It has been almost a month since I've had no home connection and a bit less for mobile connection. Unfortunately I still don't have an ETA. :-/

We'll probably do more videos. If you have requests, post them. We'll see what we can do. ;)

I'm playing on hard AI difficulty and the difficulty seems just right for me. I am winning first but sometimes just barely. I distance the pack about 10% of the time.

G Rom said:

That's worrisome. I was hoping that with AI upgrading, the days of handicapping the PI of the cars I drove were over.

Magni

nismogrendel said:
Driver level gives:

original.aspx

Cars that transfer from 3 to 4:

http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/photos/community/images/4772807/original.aspx[img][/QUOTE]

Do those stack? (Do lvl 50 FM3 saves give you all those cars, or just the 908?)

sneaky77

Cptkrush said:

I got one

Iknos

Gek54 said:
Lame.

Id like to see Autocross creator become standard issue in these driving games. And being able to share them friends would be fun forever.

Being able to load multiple ghosts for any time attack style event would also be nice.
Lame in the sense it is misleading. Should be a decent mode that will make large tracks suitable for slower vehicles.

Yeah they already have a massive parking lot in the benchmark track. An editor really shouldn't be too hard. Forge for Forza.

Iknos said:
An editor really shouldn't be too hard. Forge for Forza.

I think Dan touched on this briefly with in one of the Under the Hood's, but essentially he hinted that the problem would be with users creating track layouts that are like real courses. I have no idea about the law regarding this, but it wouldn't surprise me if a track's layout itself is considered IP.

sneaky77

Milpool said:
What's your order status? I only ordered mine last night and it just shows as Paid/Pending. I'm in the UK.

They had an update that the boat should arrive to the UK on the 4th, so is probably in customs right now

h3ro

G Rom said:
Yep, those stack.
It was nice getting all the cars when beginning. :)
The secret one was a bit disappointing though.
Did you unlock the Unicorn achievement by importing one or does it only unlock from the Auction House?

So the secret import car was the tuned Evo?

G Rom

Yep, got the achievement and two badges and two titles for having at least 2 and 5 Unicorns.
Secret one is the
Delorean DMC-12.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
U n i o n 0015 said:
I think Dan touched on this briefly with in one of the Under the Hood's, but essentially he hinted that the problem would be with users creating track layouts that are like real courses. I have no idea about the law regarding this, but it wouldn't surprise me if a track's layout itself is considered IP.

which is utter nonsense since we can recreate any logo or IP as a livery with no actions taken from MS or T10. besides, an autocross editor would not be able to recreate a real life track to any meaningful degree anyways.

Iknos

op_ivy said:
which is utter nonsense since we can recreate any logo or IP as a livery with no actions taken from MS or T10. besides, an autocross editor would not be able to recreate a real life track to any meaningful degree anyways.
Getting thier tracks requires partnerships and licensing so in that sense Dan is right. Your second point is true there is no flat ciruit out there.

h3ro

Thanks G Rom!

Looking forward to the OT and the GAF Car Club!

Modus, any chance you recreate that Spine/Vertebrae livery you made for the TVR in F3? Loved that thing, both the red and blue variants. :)

op_ivy

watership said:
I actually sorta dislike the short track. Going to really miss this.

i don't dislike it, but its not great and the long track IS. you never really get a flow going on the short runs.

watching the FM4 video, it looks like parts of the background are now backdrops rather then fully rendered. not a surprise i guess, but makes it more unlikely we'll see the long version down the road as DLC

op_ivy

to those with the game and kinect - is the head tracking only side to side tracking and not forward and back and up and down too? would be cool to check out the cars interiors while using a wheel

Top Bottom