• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 4 - The Floodgates Have Opened...

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
h3ro said:
It's coming tomorrow. Being made by G Rom.

Thanks for the update kind sir!

Sidenote: I didn't even realize after the first time I played the demo that the rivals area was there. Found it last night and played for an hour beating my friends' times. Was around 10,000th in the world at the last two challenges! That is great for me considering I prefer arcade racers to sim most of the time.

cbox

that one downhill section on the long track after the winding and winding before hand was so intense, I want it back!

Cptkrush said:
Just got an email from Fanatec telling me that my CSR is shipping today. FUCK YES! I think it might make it here in time for my newegg preorder of the game to show up. Anyone else get their emails?

I hope that included all CSR elite pedals, because I need it to replace my old standard pedal.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
ConvenientBox said:
that one downhill section on the long track after the winding and winding before hand was so intense, I want it back!

i usually raced it in reverse so it was a climb before the windy :)

i really wonder why it was dropped, wish we could get some info on it.

AlanzTalon said:
yeah, Benchmark will be back.
Awesome. Thanks. Anyway, I can never get first on hard difficulty. I can get up to 2nd, but the 1st place driver is way ahead. I was 3 seconds behind him when he past the finished line. :(

Edit: Finally, I got 1st in the STI on hard. Managed to snag 1st on the first lap. I love how there is always something I can improve to make myself faster. The people who are saying Professional is easy must be amazing at this game.

I've been playing using simulation steering, but I decided to use normal steering, with ABS on and stab/trac off, just to see the difference. Wow, I snagged 1st right away and kept it. It's too easy.

op_ivy said:
to those with the game and kinect - is the head tracking only side to side tracking and not forward and back and up and down too? would be cool to check out the cars interiors while using a wheel
Side-to-side only.

h3ro

ConvenientBox said:

You can have it back.

for 800pts :trollface

cbox

h3ro said:
You can have it back.

for 800pts :trollface

sadness :(

The forza 3 site seems to be down, I can't find my old uploaded pics - I took an amazing shot from that location I was talking about. boourns microsoft

h3ro

op_ivy said:
sad thing is - i'd totally jump on that
After buying the Nurburgring GP DLC for F3 and regretting it instantly, I'll wait and see how tracks are integrated into the campaign first before putting my money down.

h3ro said:
After buying the Nurburgrin GP DLC for F3 and regretting it instantly, I'll wait and see how tracks are integrated into the campaign first before putting my money down.

definitely. I will get to a point where i am only playing online, and if those tracks are never going to be popping up in hoppers somehow, no point in my paying for them.

op_ivy

h3ro said:
After buying the Nurburgrin GP DLC for F3 and regretting it instantly, I'll wait and see how tracks are integrated into the campaign first before putting my money down.

i like to just throw on a track in time attack and cruise for 30-45 min, so the nurb gp was still money well spent to me.

also, cant imagine that they didnt figure out how to get tracks incubated, i mean integrated, this time. i really hope we get some track DLC shortly after launch, they have already said they are working on a couple that are "undecided" if they will be DLC or for the next project

G Rom

Microsoft asked us to remove the videos recorded from the final product
Sorry about that

Anyway, they'll be back online tomorrow at 9:01 AM CET

op_ivy

Norante said:
In the airport about to leave the country for 3 weeks. My LCE copy will be sitting the mailbox all this time, untouched :(

where do you live? i could... get your mail in the mean time. dont want your house to look empty to robbers

Mascot

G Rom said:
Microsoft asked us to remove the videos recorded from the final product
Sorry about that

Anyway, they'll be back online tomorrow at 9:01 AM CET

Ah, I was just about to ask why I couldn't see them.
Desperate to see what Sedona looks like!

Hawk269

Mascot said:
Ah, I was just about to ask why I couldn't see them.
Desperate to see what Sedona looks like!

I asked about this a while ago and no one answered, but this morning I was able to watch one of the videos before they were removed and yeah, Sedona is soooo much better now that it does not have the orange glow to it. Very nice actually.

Hawk269 said:
I asked about this a while ago and no one answered, but this morning I was able to watch one of the videos before they were removed and yeah, Sedona is soooo much better now that it does not have the orange glow to it. Very nice actually.
It feels like an actual place now.

DasRaven

Benjamin1981 said:
Does the season pass only include car packs and not new tracks? Need to know before i buy.

Season Pass Announcement said:
Delivering 60 of the hottest cars to supplement your “Forza” experience, the six game add-ons included in the Season Pass offer will be released from November 2011 to April 2012 and are must-haves for “Forza Motorsport” fans, whether you like to race, tune or simply collect cars from the hundreds of available models in “Forza Motorsport 4.”

Cars only.

Doodis

Does anyone know if rivals mode in the final game will factor in assists for rankings? From the demo, it doesn't seem as if any of that is taken into account on the leaderboard rankings.

Doodis said:
Does anyone know if rivals mode in the final game will factor in assists for rankings? From the demo, it doesn't seem as if any of that is taken into account on the leaderboard rankings.

I hope so.

I'm destroying the people on my friends list, but they're using assists and I'm going full raw, so they gotta change it.

Xanadu

Banned
lol playing for forza 4 demo and playing 3 reminds me just how terrible foza 3s cockpit view is, like one of the worst ever

mblitek

h3ro said:
Thanks G Rom!

Looking forward to the OT and the GAF Car Club!

Modus, any chance you recreate that Spine/Vertebrae livery you made for the TVR in F3? Loved that thing, both the red and blue variants. :)

DUDE! He created that one specifically for me! So weird that I caught your post. I have a spinal cord injury and I play with a special mouth controller I made. So that's why it's a spine theme. Yes, that is also how long I have been waiting to get my GAF account verified :p I was a reader before Forza3 and I think I email'd m0dus about it.

Cool stuff!

DasRaven

BoobPhysics101 said:
Would Best Buy still have it?

People on FM.net have suggested that they've been able to use the preorder kiosks at BestBuy successfully. I've had 2 pre-orders there for months and they damn well better honor them.

h3ro

mblitek said:
DUDE! He created that one specifically for me! So weird that I caught your post. I have a spinal cord injury and I play with a special mouth controller I made. So that's why it's a spine theme. Yes, that is also how long I have been waiting to get my GAF account verified :p I was a reader before Forza3 and I think I email'd m0dus about it.

Cool stuff!
PMing you.

mblitek said:

Cool stuff!
You've got to tell me about your mouth controller. That sounds amazingly resourceful.

mblitek said:

Cool stuff!

In for pics/video of mouth controller. That's AMAZING.

ghibli99

mr stroke said:
just played the demo and wow at the graphics. game looks really good.

is this running at 60 fps?
Yes, but not the rear/side-view mirrors, though, which look to be updating at less than 30. Not sure why, although I'm sure it's been discussed to death (I just haven't been keeping up!).

More so than the graphics, finally hearing the sound at home is really amazing.

op_ivy

ghibli99 said:
Yes, but not the rear/side-view mirrors, though, which look to be updating at less than 30. Not sure why, although I'm sure it's been discussed to death (I just haven't been keeping up!).

More so than the graphics, finally hearing the sound at home is really amazing.

seems the mirrors are sometimes 60fps, depending on the course and/or track conditions (ie, number of ai opponents)

Top Bottom