• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 4 - The Floodgates Have Opened...

mblitek

m0dus!

Amazing! Did you have to recreate it from scratch? I haven't been following on how/if you can import liveries.

I'm glad people like *ahem* my livery haha :)

I'll post some of my controller pictures tomorrow and setup and Live ID, but I have to buy a new Xbox this week, well before Forza comes out at least :)

DasRaven said:
Apparently LCE buyers who also purchase the DLC Season Pass will be gifted 250,000 credits to make up for the duplication of the American Muscle DLC pack between the two.

http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-360/add-ons/forza-4-season-pass/95584

Meh, I wanted the pre-order cars, but I guess this is a nice bonus too. But by the time they deliver the credits 10/31 I'm sure credits will be the last thing anyone needs.

I certainly won't complain about 250K credits, but I would've preferred the pre-order cars or at least a unicorn.

I don't feel that 250K credits is an equivalent value replacement.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
U n i o n 0015 said:
I certainly won't complain about 250K credits, but I would've preferred the pre-order cars or at least a unicorn.

I don't feel that 250K credits is an equivalent value replacement.

I read this as 25k initially up there and was thinking "WTF LOL" then noticed the 0 and was like "phew" could have been disastrous if it was 25k lol...

250k will go a long way to get a particular supercar you might want or snatch up a handful of others.

m0dus how are you getting all your pictures, just leaving the latest 5 up in the storefront and deleting others just so you can retrieve them?

Slayer-33 said:
I read this as 25k initially up there and was thinking "WTF LOL" then noticed the 0 and was like "phew" could have been disastrous if it was 25k lol...

250k will go a long way to get a particular supercar you might want or snatch up a handful of others.

m0dus how are you getting all your pictures, just leaving the latest 5 up in the storefront and deleting others just so you can retrieve them?
I have 6.5m unspent in FM3 and I tuned a lot of cars, if F4 is the same money wise I will have no problems at all.

Yoritomo

Wow, dan replied to my facebook comment. I don't work for turn 10 so it isn't an official statement but they're looking into the issue with 900 degree wheels.

One more novice question - do these store-specific bonuses ever end up repackaged in DLC later on? If I don't get the 1M from Best Buy, I'm never getting a 1M?

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Yoritomo said:
Wow, dan replied to my facebook comment. I don't work for turn 10 so it isn't an official statement but they're looking into the issue with 900 degree wheels.

Yoritomo getting shit done lol nice.

Yoritomo said:
That's great news. If it were a feature and not a bug, I wouldn't have expected any response at all.

Big Takeover said:
One more novice question - do these store-specific bonuses ever end up repackaged in DLC later on? If I don't get the 1M from Best Buy, I'm never getting a 1M?
Look at the red dead GOTY, it's everything evne pre-order dlc on one dvd.

This day and age, GOTY or ultimate versions seem to make money so it will happen.

.. but saying that there is still a pre-order car in f3 which is not in the UE, but all it was, was an evo with custom paint job, not much.

shinnn

2656w785.jpg

2657n75r.jpg

276647ri.jpg

2725t71z.jpg

2671y7tk.jpg

2661x7p6.jpg

Shaneus

Yoritomo said:
Wow, Dan (or someone using his account) is posting on the Forza FB page? That's surprising (as it's not as official as their own forums) but good to hear that it's happening. Hopefully it's not some kind of prank.

Diablohead said:
Look at the red dead GOTY, it's everything evne pre-order dlc on one dvd.

This day and age, GOTY or ultimate versions seem to make money so it will happen.

.. but saying that there is still a pre-order car in f3 which is not in the UE, but all it was, was an evo with custom paint job, not much.
Great info. I had forgotten about GOTYs.

I get wide-eyed at all the new machinery, but I guess I need to remember that my favorite cars in the Forza seem to be the project ones. Turning something marginal into something cool, and quick.

Special J

Banned
pfft if track geometry was as low as gt5, had super low resolution alpha, poor shadows, and didnt care about stable framerates or near 50% screen tearing forza 4 would look better than GT5.

Xanadu

Banned
Special J said:
pfft if track geometry was as low as gt5, had super low resolution alpha, poor shadows, and didnt care about stable framerates or near 50% screen tearing forza 4 would look better than GT5.
hey stop talking about GT5 thats naughty

BTW this is someones sig on the forza forums lol

"Do you feel too smart? Go on Neogaf that will fix you right up. "

Ploid 3.0

Special J said:

V
m0dus said:
Remember, Bish had a zero tolerance policy for this.

Everybody should consider this a final warning, okay? Keep those comparisons out of dedicated GT and Forza threads, because things degenerate quickly, and people get banned even quicker.

Now, ya'll just git back t' yer bitchin'

eek5

Yoritomo said:
Good work man. You canceling those preorders probably sealed the deal.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Xanadu said:
hey stop talking about GT5 thats naughty

BTW this is someones sig on the forza forums lol

"Do you feel too smart? Go on Neogaf that will fix you right up. "
Stay salty, FM.net.

Credit thing is irritating, I was hoping for something different ... not sure if I'll snag the season pass ... but probably will damnit. With the wheel setup, the LCE, what's another $30 thrown at a game I'll play for 2+ years.

m0dus ... amazing work as usual!

Man, I'll be getting the game a bit late because Amazon doesn't have release day shipping ... I did overnight though so hopefully it will ship and I'll get it ASAP.

Who's starting the official car club? I want to make sure that I PM the right person when I get the game.

feel

Is the Speed Wheel worth it?? A proper wheel is too much hassle for a casual player like me but I want something more than just playing using a controller, so the Speed Wheel seems like a great middleground, but I don't wanna be stuck with a way too subpar accessory.

Also, that thing is out for purchase now no?? It appear to be so, looking at the microsoft store, but Amazon says it releases on Oct 31...

Some friends and I are about to pull the trigger on the MS Store on a few Limited Editions plus the Speed Wheels

Yoritomo

Holy crap. Dan is awesome. The issue definitely wasn't intentional. If I understand correctly they're gonna look for a fix but obviously it has to pass cert so it'll take a little bit.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Yoritomo said:
Holy crap. Dan is awesome. The issue definitely wasn't intentional. If I understand correctly they're gonna look for a fix but obviously it has to pass cert so it'll take a little bit.

nice. whats his FB name so i can have him look into the disappearance of positano

watership

Yoritomo said:

Mea culpa, I thought you were just overreacting. But you stuck to your guns, and the top dogs listened.

Nicely done. :)

Yoritomo

Big Takeover said:
Yori never overreacted, but somebody in here did....

Nah I overreacted for one post. lol.

OMGZ I'm cancelling 2 of my 3 pre-orders. (I think I said something like that).

It was handy so I could pre-order from 3 different places and get 3 pre-order cars.

Letters said:
Is the Speed Wheel worth it?? A proper wheel is too much hassle for a casual player like me but I want something more than just playing using a controller, so the Speed Wheel seems like a great middleground, but I don't wanna be stuck with a way too subpar accessory.

Also, that thing is out for purchase now no?? It appear to be so, looking at the microsoft store, but Amazon says it releases on Oct 31...

Some friends and I are about to pull the trigger on the MS Store on a few Limited Editions plus the Speed Wheels
There's a Speed Wheel thread, and if you're really diligent you can read back over the past 50 pages here.

Yes, Gamestop has them. I saw them in stock at Newegg too. Nobody knows what's going on with Amazon.

feel

Big Takeover said:
There's a Speed Wheel thread, and if you're really diligent you can read back over the past 50 pages here.

Yes, Gamestop has them. I saw them in stock at Newegg too. Nobody knows what's going on with Amazon.
Thank you. Impressions seem good, ordering it and the Limited Edition of the game!

saladine1

Spaceman Spiff said:
Damn, that F40 sounds like it's ready to really fuck someone's day the fuck up.

So very angry, it's like sex in my ears-- dirty, violent, oh-no-my-head-has-just-exploded sex.
It's hard to make out 100% but is sounds like the dump valve is pretty spot on for the F40.
PGR4 again, but I loved the fact that every turbo charged vehicle had a bov/wastegate chatter specific to that car. For example, the F40 dump valave sounded totally different to the Sledgehammer Corvette, the Radical had a different sound compared to the Rossion Q1 etc..

saladine1 said:
It's hard to make out 100% but is sounds like the dump valve is pretty spot on for the F40.
PGR4 again, but I loved the fact that every turbo charged vehicle had a bov/wastegate chatter specific to that car. For example, the F40 dump valave sounded totally different to the Sledgehammer Corvette, the Radical had a different sound compared to the Rossion Q1 etc..

The Toyota GT-ONE was my favorite. Bizarre really didn't get the props for sound design they deserved, but I'm glad some of that magic has rubbed off on Forza. The cars sound properly savage now.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Yoritomo said:
Dan Greenawalt of course.

Unless it's a fake facebook... wouldn't that be hilarious.

isnt it greenwalt? lol

EDIT: still no luck. the man should have no peace until all is revealed about positano!

DOUBLE EDIT: meh, i'll bother eckberg instead :p

shadowkhas

Neo Member
Shortt Sirket said:
So apparently there is no flat paint option. Some cars (like that Maser) have that option when you buy them, but there is no actual option for flat/matte paint in the paint menu.

Ugh, why would they have that as certain stock paints but not actually available for all cars??
Amen to that. That's thoroughly disappointing. They had the proper shaders even in Forza 3 for it...so it has to be a conscious gameplay design choice at this point.

I'd dare to say matte paint is one of the most requested things in the game. Really sad that it's not in.

Top Bottom