• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 4 - The Floodgates Have Opened...

saladine1

BADNED said:
Learn to let go as the planets are on a collision course. Heavy impact ahead!
Night
Weather
Rally
F1
Bathurst
Spa
Interlagos
Pikes Peak
Ford Model T
Porsche
Skoda

.......confirmed!!!

Mascot said:
OK, so something bigger than a track reveal..?
In game avatars!!!!!!!!!!

Walshicus

So what's all this "mars" talk? Not sure if it's a joke, but an actual track with different gravity and air pressure would be pretty damn fun.

CozMick

Banned
Sir Fragula said:
I'm English and I fucking hate Top Gear. Jeremy Clarkson is a twat who needs to stop appearing on my TV.

You sir are correct.

The Top Gear brand is about as close to cars as Coronation Street nowadays.

"We know this episode has been all about cars, I promise you that all changes next episode" - Jeremy Clarkson - Latest series of TG.

I'm all for the Test Track, but TG is all about crazy assed treks across empty deserts and searching for baby stig.

eso76

G Rom said:
Turn 10 is against letting people import images/liveries in the game. [/URL];)

and they are absolutely right, that should never happen.

anyway, whatever it is, it's bigger than hockenheim reveal, which we all know is in the game by now.
My bet is still on a demo.

(that nurburgring gp vid is new to me, but shows nothing new...and as usual they stopped recording when the replay started. If people really didn't care about replays, GT wouldn't be considered the best looking racer around :p )

Mascot

Educate me: does this new IBL system mean that sky boxes can readily be swapped out without any additional tweaking to the cars or environments, meaning Turn 10 could easily implement bright sun, hazy sunlight, overcast and even storm cloud conditions for each track? We know about dawn and dusk, but what about cloud cover?

Or even better, a race that starts in bright sun but ends under storm clouds? (ignore weather - I'm not talking about precipitation)

I really miss the stormy Silverstone sky from FM2. To be able to race any track under multiple lighting conditions would be terrific.

Xanadu

Banned
Sir Fragula said:
I'm English and I fucking hate Top Gear. Jeremy Clarkson is a twat who needs to stop appearing on my TV.
i stand corrected!

brotkasten said:
Every GT fan always told me that you don't need Porsche, when you have RUF! :D
if only that was remotely true :(

ghibli99

I don't really care for Top Gear anymore, although back in the days of the Ariel Atom episode and the like, I was a pretty big fan.

If anything, the commentary will inject some much needed personality into this series (and semi-sim racers in general). I'm gonna finish up R2 and then FM3 is going to be shelved. Can't believe FM4 is less than 2 months away!

saladine1

brotkasten said:
I love how you guys are still getting your hopes up for some big reveal.
Don't pretend that you're not excited.
There's some big reveals coming.
Not only are planets aligning and stars losing their lustre, but birds are also singing and there's some dark, rain clouds forming.
When it rains it pours.
A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.
Never judge a book by it's cover.
Seek and you shall find.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
Elvis has left the building.

watership

I think I'm more starved for information because of the complete lack of anything to new play lately. My anticipation for 4 is much higher than 3, yet I don't think we were starved for info in 2009 we were?

eso76

i believe at this point in 2009 we had already heard something about customization, vinyls and had leaks about fujimi and positano being in the game.

i hope planets colliding is not hinting at some destruction derby arena.
Hmm..the PT cruiser being in the game might hint at something like that, though. Why else would a game feature that car, if not for the purpose of crashing it everywhere ? :p

Also, and off topic, Top Gear is one of the best shows to ever grace the tv. Granted i'm still 2 or 3 seasons behind, but the humor and production values are incredible, the show is a legend and deservedly so. But that's enough talking about the show here.

saladine1

I'm actually surprised that nothing has leaked regarding cusomization/upgrades yet. Turn 10 have been very tight lipped about this.

The Stig

G Rom said:
Turn 10 is against letting people import images/liveries in the game. I had asked the question to Dan Greenawalt two years ago. ;)

may I ask why?

obv. people will make dongmobiles, but bannings could be handed out. To be honest I really wish I could import stuff, because I do not have the patience to be a proper artist.

edit - ive always wanted to import the brotherhood of nod logo from command and conquer for example. what possible reason should be there against me doing that?

eso76

The Stig said:
may I ask why?

because it would defeat the purpose.
Making good liveries requires mad skillz and people can charge credits in the auction house. If anyone could just slap jpegs on their cars you wouldn't be amazed at what some people can do combining a few basic shapes.

saladine1

brotkasten said:
Nothing leaked because there's nothing new to leak. :p
C'mon, don't say that!
I mean, every year, Forza has increased it's customization and upgrades features so I can't see FM4 having the same shit or less.
I want to be able to convert my Ferrari into a FWD beast.....what?

eso76 said:
because it would defeat the purpose.
Making good liveries requires mad skillz and people can charge credits in the auction house. If anyone could just slap jpegs on their cars you wouldn't be amazed at what some people can do combining a few basic shapes.
Couldn't agree more. Liveries would be far less impressive, if you could just import some pretty pictures.

8VqRf.jpg

hgKiG.jpg

lP52t.jpg

saladine1 said:
C'mon, don't say that!
I mean, every year, Forza has increased it's customization and upgrades features so I can't see FM4 having the same shit or less.
I want to be able to convert my Ferrari into a FWD beast.....what?
I'm just playing Debbie Downer here, because my Xbox 360 is too busy simulating mars racing, instead of letting me playing some PGR or FM3. Your last sentence really made me laugh. :lol

eso76

saladine1 said:
C'mon, don't say that!

we should be getting: Widebody kits with 12 inch wheels :)

the only thing i'd really like would be being able to write stuff around tires' wall and put decals/vinyls on glass and windshields.

eso76 said:
we should be getting: Widebody kits with 12 inch wheels :)

the only thing i'd really like would be being able to write stuff around tires' wall and put decals/vinyls on glass and windshields.
I want more customization for classic cars. The generic spoilers won't cut it this time, turn 10!

Ty4on

saladine1 said:
I'm actually surprised that nothing has leaked regarding cusomization/upgrades yet. Turn 10 have been very tight lipped about this.
I'm 99% certain I've heard in an interview that the tuning was like in FM3, can't remember which one, but it wasn't Dan.

tirant

Guys, do you know if are we finally getting qualifying sessions before the races??

Its the only thing ive been asking to Forza since the first one got out... An option to know the race track before the race session, and an option to decide the important starting position.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
BADNED said:
There are some wide reaching gravitational turbulences going on. A meltdown might be imminent.
Oh dear.. well as long as Ferrari is still in this game, no meltdown gonna go on here.

tirant said:
Guys, do you know if are we finally getting qualifying sessions before the races??

Its the only thing ive been asking to Forza since the first one got out... An option to know the race track before the race session, and an option to decide the important starting position.
I'd love quali as an option, but it will never, ever happen in Forza. That sort of thing is just not casual enough.

Ty4on

BADNED said:
There are some wide reaching gravitational turbulences going on. A meltdown might be imminent.
Gonna fire up FM3 and drive some Porsches with tears in the eyes, gonna miss you guys :(

Top Bottom