• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 4 - The Floodgates Have Opened...

shinnn

Dear Microsoft, where's my Forza?

226159_101502584387613d4uj.jpg

263319_101502584387363g4m5.jpg

223665_101502584388913i4u1.jpg

293180_101502584388363l5o7.jpg

edit: lol I found it.. Last pic :)

LeBoef

going to be there on wednesday. been there also 2 years ago.
fm3 booth was hidden in the last corner...

so maybe they re hiding this time again

LeBoef said:
going to be there on wednesday. been there also 2 years ago.
fm3 booth was hidden in the last corner...

so maybe they re hiding this time again
They had some playseats with Microsoft wheels at the main booth and some stations with controllers between some other games. They really didn't give a fuck. :lol The GT5 presence back then seemed much bigger. Must've been the big GT5:p pods and the Audi with a Logitech-wheel and TV on the hood. :p

Mascot said:
Good news! Forza is there!

Bad news! Look closely at the crates...
Hey, we called it! :lol

Mascot said:
I don't think Turn 10 have actually started work on FM4 yet, and that's why they won't show us screenshots of the recent Facebook cars. I reckon there will just be a mad panic in the studio the week before release.

(In order to subscibe to this theory you have to ignore everything that was shown at E3. And all the other stuff).
brotkasten said:
You're saying they're going to repackage the Forza 3 Ultimate Edition and call it Forza 4?
Mascot said:
Repackaging it would take too much time. They'll probably just put a sticker on the old box.

They just forgot the sticker!

eso76 said:
but that was in forza 3

So? 2/3 of the Forza Garage 'reveals' have been cars that are returning. I mean it's nice to have confirmation of returning brands so we don't have to fear another Porsche scenario, but otherwise, woo-hoo.

eso76 said:
l88 corvette...not another muscle car please, the game is turning into Bullit/Driver.
Oh, plus that was already in fm3, i forgot :p

Corvette's not a muscle car. The '67 Stingray in the game might be the L88 one, though.

I want a ZL1 engine upgrade for the C2 and C3 Corvettes; hit over 200mph at LeMans back in the day. Really want widebody kits to allow appropriately size racing tires too.

Mascot said:
Bad news! Look closely at the crates...

Just re-using the shipping crates from FM3; the driving rigs are probably the same, right?

Xun

It would make no sense to have Forza 3 there instead of Forza 4.

They're probably just using the old boxes.

eso76

CrudeDiatribe said:
So? 2/3 of the Forza Garage 'reveals' have been cars that are returning. I mean it's nice to have confirmation of returning brands so we don't have to fear another Porsche scenario, but otherwise, woo-hoo.

yes, but they wouldn't be so tight lipped about it, i don't think.
In any case, like i said Badned has been hinting at open wheels from the past.
It's pretty much confirmed at this point, just a couple more days for the pics :)

Corvette's not a muscle car. The '67 Stingray in the game might be the L88 one, though.

ok then, enough with american cars :p
i'd rather have the Lada Niva and a UAZ at this point :p

On the other hand, the honda HSV 010 is basically a given with the SuperGT stuff from Japan !
Sexy car.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
eso76 said:
It's pretty much confirmed at this point, just a couple more days for the pics :)

ok then, enough with american cars :p
i'd rather have the Lada Niva and a UAZ at this point :p

On the other hand, the honda HSV 010 is basically a given with the SuperGT stuff from Japan !
Sexy car.
Fuck yes HSV.

God damnit Honda hurry up and revive the NSX already, stop putting out sexy prototypes.

eso76 said:

It's only confirmed, when I see it coming out of Dan's IBL'd beard.

And yes, enough with American cars. Not going to pull a Clarkson and insult all American cars, but European car makers are superior do exists and they have awesome classics as well. Can't just ignore them.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
BADNED said:
We've reached the point of no return. It is now or never!

i'm sure this is a hint about the inclusion of rally, but i cant work out how

eso76

BADNED said:

"If you should develop a mechanical problem, it's the point between two service stations or between your home and your final destination at which point it'll take longer to return than to proceed to the next stop. It may not be the midpoint depending on whether the car can travel at the same speed in either direction due to road and mechanical conditions."

Ahem, more A-B tracks ? Bit of a stretch.

Ultima GTR sounds more likely.

Or this

"Day Of Mourning's Perseverance from "Hail From Perdition (EP)"

We've reached the point of no return
It's now or never

This may be the only chance we get
Leave behind provincial thoughts and mindlessness
How can we know until we've really moved on?
etc etc

The Day of Mourning was a day of protest held by Aboriginal Australians on 26 January 1938..hmm...doesn't help.

unless it's some 1938 car

like the Buick or this one

beautiful_car_1938_talbotlago_t150css_teardrop_figoni_falaschi.jpg

skyfinch

Relax, people. It just means that Porsche, Spa, weather, rally and night racing are in the game. At least, that's what I got from the clue.

Mascot

BADNED said:
Holy shit! If that's what I think it is... Holy shit.

I never thought... Not this gen. Not on a two year cycle. Unbelievable. Simply unbelievable.

Edit: just had it confirmed! Oh. Em. GEEEEE!

HOLY SHIT!

BADNED is the fucking man; showing up whenever the mood strikes him, dropping cryptic teases as only he can, and then delighting in our collectively shitting ourselves.

i am excite

adelante

Spaceman Spiff said:
BADNED is the fucking man; showing up whenever the mood strikes him, dropping cryptic teases as only he can, and then delighting in our collectively shitting ourselves.

i am excite
And he had the nerve to tell us to temper our expectations.... my heart cant take this rollercoaster ride of emotions anymore!!

commedieu

Banned
Mascot said:

I never thought... Not this gen. Not on a two year cycle. Unbelievable. Simply unbelievable.

HOLY SHIT!

ME too! Its confirmed!!!

Mascot said:

HOLY SHIT!

This is how you hype! the edit is a nice touch. I like it.

eso76

or actually the game is going gold. what's not included at this point won't be (except, you know, DLC. Like a sunny sky for the Ring Dlc. I would have bought it :p)

or they realized they shipped the wrong crates to gamescom.

quoting my clever theory for the new page.

"We've reached the point of no return. It is now or never" are the first two lines of a song by Day of Mourning. Day of Mourning was a day of protest held by Aboriginal Australians on 26 January 1938.

looky here !

The Volkswagen Type 1, widely known as the Volkswagen Beetle and Volkswagen Bug, is an economy car produced by the German auto maker Volkswagen (VW) from 1938.

You guys think it's a little too far fetched ? : \

Top Bottom