• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 4 - The Floodgates Have Opened...

Spaceman Spiff said:
The leaked trailer from April clearly showed Autovista in the Stelvio Pass environment, and the VGA announcement trailer had an AV Ford GT on the Top Gear track, but perhaps things have changed since then.

Ideally, homespaces and AV locales would be one and the same-- Clarkson's AV commentaries would feel right at home in the TG studio.

So we've seen at least five locales, counting the first trailer's desert, the classic autovista room featured in every recent footage, Stelvio pass, Top Gear track and Top Gear studio.

Assuming all of them actually are in the game and can be selected in autovista.

shinnn

The gamespot offscreen video looks worse than directfeed videos by the way.
Just look at the Alps footage. The brightness/contrast is totally off, since the camera is not focused on the TV.

Can't wait to see it in my home.

watership

Xanadu said:
i still think this is the best one

forzamotorsport_logo.jpg
Nothing there dude.

gtmax

Goddamn it i'm gonna have to buy the GT2 wheel for this.

If you can do the entire career mode with one car that's cool as hell. I hope that the game will somehow convey the feeling of breaking in a car. I hope they also have a used car lot where cars you've driven could be sold to it and then bought by someone else. The cars would need an odometer though.

any word if the brakes will overheat and fade on production cars?

But the best news about this game is that when they give a release date, they stick to it. I can actually get excited to play this in a couple months!

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
brotkasten said:
I want the pass as a track, not as a lame AV environment.

i want both. it really would be the largest cocktease to have the "best driving road in the world" be unplayable!

Jamesways

Seanspeed said:
You might not have put effort into a new mountain track, but you've gotta realize one of the big reasons for it is for them to have a showcase for the new graphics. Real-life tracks dont tend to be very stimulating from an aesthetics point-of-view. Its a smart move by Turn 10 and we still get a new track(which looks like a very fast and flowing circuit).

I want more tracks and I'd be glad if we got a bunch more. But I'll still defend Turn 10 in this respect because I know its what they kind of need to do. I think you're assuming that we in this thread and those at FM.net represent the majority of Forza players. I'm gonna have a guess and say that 80% of the people who buy Forza 4 would probably think 'Spa' is a place you take to get your car washed. ;)

Indeed. Those are some very good points. Alps does showcase the new lighting engine very nicely.

And very true, they have to make this game appealing to a very wide audience. We've known that for 2 iterations now. It is great that it encompasses so much for so many different types of players.

I do forget that the people on fm.net, fc, and other boards are actually the minority of the large fanbase. Your Spa comment is unfortunately right on.

Man, what I wouldn't give for a true ALMS or FIA GT sim...

But all grumbling aside, hell yeah I'm still buying it day one and still looking forward to it. I'm very excited to see the new cockpits and lighting effects. The new videos look great.

supersaw

flyinpiranha said:
You'll love it. Don't forget pedals and a shifter though as it doesn't come with any.

54 days!

I second this. I previously had the Logitech MOMO for PC and the MS wheel solely for Forza. The GT2 got rid of the clutter and it savagely shits on both those wheels in terms of performance. I've recently been playing Forza exclusively with H-shifter and clutch, it's quite immersive.

eso76

i started to think the Stelvio pass is nearly impossible to replicate this gen in a 60fps game.
I believe T10 (and even PD) looked into it, but those heights and open spaces would require some crazy draw distance you can't fake with bitmaps and hide with trees and tunnels. We'll see though.

Lighting in those Amalfi shots looks great. That Aston Martin looks great and to think you'll be able to race the same (full lod!!) model you see in those pics makes me wet.

Also. Don't fucking drop the ball with photomode resolution and compression, T10. Don't.

eek5

eso76 said:
Also. Don't fucking drop the ball with photomode resolution and compression, T10. Don't.

720p 40% jpeg compression photos are the only thing that will ruin this game for me at this point :/ I still remember the bullshit che spewed about how high compression would only be for launch to keep server load low but they could adjust it in the future. :mad:

AMUSIX

So, what are the chances we'll see the video editor that was scrapped from Forza 3?

just kidding...I know that video capture, photo mode, liveries, and all that will see zero upgrades. The fact that the leaked trailer, which displayed many other upgrades and features, didn't have a bit about this side of the game other than using F3 footage made the message pretty damn clear.

It's unfortunate that one of the three 'pillars' of what was Forza design has been left to the wayside. I suppose it's gotten replaced with the more general 'community' heading.

Mascot

shinnn said:
1958 Aston Martin DBR1

FM4_1958_AstonMartin_DBR1_2.jpg

FM4_1958_AstonMartin_DBR1_3.jpg

Fuuuuu...uuuck! Marvellous!

By the bollocks of Beelzebub, I would go gay for that car. I want to bum it.

It better be on the AV list, but I somehow doubt it.

eek5

AMUSIX said:
So, what are the chances we'll see the video editor that was scrapped from Forza 3?

just kidding...I know that video capture, photo mode, liveries, and all that will see zero upgrades. The fact that the leaked trailer, which displayed many other upgrades and features, didn't have a bit about this side of the game other than using F3 footage made the message pretty damn clear.

It's unfortunate that one of the three 'pillars' of what was Forza design has been left to the wayside. I suppose it's gotten replaced with the more general 'community' heading.
A lot of the improvements to video/photo aren't going to really be check mark features though. I mean you don't just tag them onto a "promotional" video

✔ No more shitty compression in photo mode!

I expect some real improvements in the livery/tuning/video/photo areas and will be seriously disappointed if there aren't any.

eso76

eek5 said:
A lot of the improvements to video/photo aren't going to really be check mark features though. I mean you don't just tag them onto a "promotional" video

✔ No more shitty compression in photo mode!

on the other hand, T10 certainly realizes it would bring a lot more self-promotion to the game when people start spreading pictures and videos.
Now, where are my high res shots of that Aston Martin ?

saladine1

shinnn said:
1958 Aston Martin DBR1

FM4_1958_AstonMartin_DBR1_2.jpg

FM4_1958_AstonMartin_DBR1_3.jpg
S.E.X.Y. What a beautiful machine.

Here's a quiz just because I feel like it....Which car sold for a record amount at an auction and how much did it go for?
Correct answer receives....nothing.

ASilva

Neo Member
shinnn said:
Gamespot: Forza Motorsport 4 Gamescom 2011 (18 minutes Demo)

http://gamescom.gamespot.com/video/6329860/forza-motorsport-4-gamescom-2011-demo

Watching now :)

Dan Greenawalt has an M3. SO JEALOUS

I can't WAIT for this game. The only problem i see is the lack of good affordable wheels compatible with the goddamn Xbox... I got a DFGT for the PS3 and PC and, for now, it does the job very well for what i want and there is nothing in the same price point for the Xbox. I had the official Xbox Wheel for a while and it kinda sucked :/

saladine1

From BADNED:

Just a little info, the Jalopnik vote was nothing more then to bring some of the planned FM4 cars early to FM fans.

The game is still not finished and there are still some announcements to be made. Simply say to yourself there is no night racing, results in less disappointments later.

Lastly, anyone notice in the GS demo Dan mentioning a one off Jay Leno car for Auto Vista?
...Tank Car perhaps..?

duk

Banned
ASilva said:

I can't WAIT for this game. The only problem i see is the lack of good affordable wheels compatible with the goddamn Xbox... I got a DFGT for the PS3 and PC and, for now, it does the job very well for what i want and there is nothing in the same price point for the Xbox. I had the official Xbox Wheel for a while and it kinda sucked :/

Dan has the same car i do :)

He is sooooo boss!!!

acm2000

ASilva said:

a $200 madcatz is out this fall, with force feedback

eek5

acm2000 said:
a $200 madcatz is out this fall, with force feedback
The thing that worries me about that wheel is the base looks as small as their non-force feedback wheel. :/ I wonder how strong/good the ffb is

Oh man, this game is looking really promising and those new car models look phenomenal. I just hope the track selection is better than in F3 and the photo mode allows higher resolution shots.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Diablohead said:
would explain why audi was f3 and bmw is f4.
Hahahaha... DMC Dante Producer = FM 4 Dan M3

I'm sure it was a coincidence :p >_> remember regular cover is the 458.

Why don't they put up a Porsche or Lambo in the front or Aston.

:(

Slayer-33 said:
Hahahaha... DMC Dante Producer = FM 4 Dan M3

I'm sure it was a coincidence :p >_> remember regular cover is the 458.

Why don't they put up a Porsche or Lambo in the front or Aston.

That would only apply if FM3 had Dan's Audi on the cover and that never happened (thank god).

Porsche makes boring cars, Lambo makes ugly cars and Aston ... well, it's Aston Martin, not really outstanding.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
brotkasten said:
That would only apply if FM3 had Dan's Audi on the cover and that never happened (thank god).

Porsche makes boring cars, Lambo makes ugly cars and Aston ... well, it's Aston Martin, not really outstanding.

Not nice bro not nice.

Poor Porsche :( you gotta love dat performance.

F2 again did it best, US box has a 350z while the UK (and eu?) box had an Aston Martin DB9

F2 box still looks the best too with the black and orange flags :D

supersaw said:
.. I don't even..

Lamborghini created one car that I would call "desirable".

Fl2Oh.jpg

And in 2006 they even did a concept based on that design. What are we getting instead? Stealth fighter crap.

Slayer-33 said:

Not nice bro not nice.

Poor Porsche :( you gotta love dat performance.
I've said it many times, there's nothing essentially wrong with Porsche. The cars are fast and impressive on a technical level, but they lack any soul and excitement. It would be a huuuuge step for Porsche if they'd finally design a different car instead of making the 50th 911. The Carrera GT is the only Porsche that can get me a little bit excited.

eso76

For every car of God is good, and nothing is to be rejected, if it be received with thanksgiving

Sh9m2.png

1 Dan 4:4

MUSCLE CARS ASIDE !

eso76 said:
on the other hand, T10 certainly realizes it would bring a lot more self-promotion to the game when people start spreading pictures and videos.
Now, where are my high res shots of that Aston Martin ?

Exactly! I would have a ton of Wallpapers and the really good people would be posting F4 wallpapers and such. But, I can't be too hopeful because they've said nothing about it. Just allow us to save the images/videos to an external source uncompressed.

Realistic Dream Options:

Save Videos/Photos to external source (Thumbdrive) uncompressed
GT2 Wheel and CSP supported fully (including ABS shake in pedals)
DLC Tracks and Cars included in Career
1998 Volvo S70

Non-Realistic Dream Options:

Night Racing
Track Editor
Livery in Photomode

Do it T10! Don't intercept the football and run it back 80 yards just to fumble at the 5. I will throw my $12 nachos at you (I'm keeping the $8 beer though).

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Brot that lamb is in FM3 just so you know :) I gave it stripes and a dark blue/royal combination with white stripes and lambo red copor design in the rear tire panels on both sides + custom rims too ofc.

Looks hot.

saladine1

flyinpiranha said:
Exactly! I would have a ton of Wallpapers and the really good people would be posting F4 wallpapers and such. But, I can't be too hopeful because they've said nothing about it. Just allow us to save the images/videos to an external source uncompressed.

Realistic Dream Options:

Save Videos/Photos to external source (Thumbdrive) uncompressed
GT2 Wheel and CSP supported fully (including ABS shake in pedals)
DLC Tracks and Cars included in Career
1998 Volvo S70

Non-Realistic Dream Options:

Night Racing
Track Editor
Livery in Photomode

Do it T10! Don't intercept the football and run it back 80 yards just to fumble at the 5. I will throw my $12 nachos at you (I'm keeping the $8 beer though).
I don't remember where I heard it but that's been confirmed already..

eek5

saladine1 said:
I don't remember where I heard it but that's been confirmed already..

Didn't Dan say something in one of those closed door presentations that DLC cars would be included in the cars that you could pick from as level rewards? Maybe I'm just imagining it but I thought that was pretty much confirmed as well

Mascot

eek5 said:
Didn't Dan say something in one of those closed door presentations that DLC cars would be included in the cars that you could pick from as level rewards? Maybe I'm just imagining it but I thought that was pretty much confirmed as well
Yes - cars, but not tracks.

eek5

Mascot said:
Yes - cars, but not tracks.
I hate to jump to conclusions but I'm going out on a limb and saying all DLC will be integrated. It'd seem weird if they did work towards the inclusion of cars as part of SP but not tracks.

Top Bottom