• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 5 |OT| Open wheel, tyre squeal, orange peel, dat next-gen feel

frontieruk

lessons learnt, I can't tune cars for shit, twitch streaming at it's highest setting isn't for the likes of us and three abreast in a tunnel is a bit tight...

and not to let the fiancee cook, christ...

zorbsie

Here are the weekend race league standings:
P3tran 294
CrudeDiatribe 222
BIGT468 205
dead poul 178
SoundScream13 153
Zorbs 150
Block Mate 144
Scr0ne 141
Schuey F1 131
Sp4ceman Sp1ff 123
Shortt Sirket 83
FrontierUK 28
Phleg01 23
Soggy Naan 19
Muerte X 14
Thundr 8
Munish Thiara 6
Sleep8 1

Shortt makes a huge jump in the rankings with a 3rd and 1st place finish this weekend. Biggest news has to be Munish no longer has a donut beside his name! Way to go dude.

As for the time trials standings:
Spades 51
SarBear 43
Snubbers 25
Drugstore_cowboy 18
op_ivy 15
BIGT468 12
Devildoll 10
Shortt Sirket 6
Spacem4n Spiff 4
Mad_Ban 2
Schuey F1 1
RoKKer 0
FrontierUK 0
Soundscream 0
Zorbise 0

Both standings/weekly results are in the linked document. I know more people have done the time trials, but I don't have the time to track them all down. If you had a time for the last two weeks just PM them to me. I'll add them and update the doc.

Next week I like the thought of the Track Toys, I want to see that Caterham. We'll do the American muscle the week after. I'll pick the tracks later tonight and post a proper banner and info.

I like the idea of GT cars on Le Mans, and I would suggest Road Atlanta or Sebring as the 2nd track. I doubt I will do as good as I did this week, but it is always a blast to race with you guys.

m23

Here are the weekend race league standings:
Munish Thiara 6

Shortt makes a huge jump in the rankings with a 3rd and 1st place finish this weekend. Biggest news has to be Munish no longer has a donut beside his name! Way to go dude.

Awww yissssss. I guess I'm done here. It was fun racing with you guys, I've achieved what I wanted to.
See you guys next week hopefully.

SarBear

I like the idea of GT cars on Le Mans, and I would suggest Road Atlanta or Sebring as the 2nd track. I doubt I will do as good as I did this week, but it is always a blast to race with you guys.

+1

Whatever it is, just don't race this group around Yas Marina again. You guys were some straight assassins around some of those corners lol.

G Rom

Thanks for the comments on photos guys, always appreciate it ! :)
Here are three new ones from my 370Z :

mobile.2804lc8d.jpg

mobile.2818kspn.jpg

mobile.282cfskb.jpg

Spades

+1

Whatever it is, just don't race this group around Yas Marina again. You guys were some straight assassins around some of those corners lol.

+2!

Will hopefully be there this week but not sure yet - wife is now 5 days overdue so I'm "standing by for Titanfall" on an hourly basis!

I'll defo get some Time Trial times in.

zorbsie

league_week11f6uiu.png

Fun with the track toys.
Max car class: A700
2013 Caterham Superlight R500
2013 KTM X-Bow R
2009 Lotus 2-Eleven
2012 Lotus Exige S

Tracks:
Road America West - Alt 8 laps Driving on the sidewalk baby!
Silverstone Grand Prix - 5 laps

Time Trials:
Same cars, same tracks. Feel free to post your work in progress times here but PM your final times by Sunday before the weekend races to have them submitted for standings.

G Rom, That last pic with the headlight. Sooogood.gif Loads of little details in there.

Thrustmaster have a budget second wheel now, seems to be using the same rim and pedals as the TX but with a small base and no force feedback.

Maybe now they can get to work on releasing the shifter and pedals.

league_week11f6uiu.png

Fun with the track toys.
Max car class: A700
2013 Caterham Superlight R500
2013 KTM X-Bow R
2009 Lotus 2-Eleven
2012 Lotus Exige S

Tracks:
Road America West - Alt 8 laps Driving on the sidewalk baby!
Silverstone Grand Prix - 5 laps

Time Trials:
Same cars, same tracks. Feel free to post your work in progress times here but PM your final times by Sunday before the weekend races to have them submitted for standings.

G Rom, That last pic with the headlight. Sooogood.gif Loads of little details in there.

Goddam Communist corner...

Hoping someone picks the caterham. I would but sadly no car packs for me.

Don't worry, I will be using it. I am currently doing the Track Toys League in Career, so I am already honing my car. The thing is fuckin SQUIRRELY under ANY gas though. Great fun, but I am worried I will be sideways more often then straight.

WJD

Just ordered this on an absolute impulse and I haven't played a Forza game since 2. Anyone else in a similar position or are you all going to mercilessly crush me?

Genuine question: I don't have a next-gen console - why do people stream themselves playing games? Is it popular?

It is quite popular these days, although most of that still tends to be PC stuff like LoL. But Titanfall had quite a few streams going when it came out with up to like 30k people watching some.

I actually enjoy catching some of ForzaGAF streaming as it is a fun little thing to do while you might be waiting for something or just fucking around. The Kinect integration is fantastic as it basically is a full stream setup out of the box. I am going to stream a TON more when Liz and I get a good co-op game, mainly because it will be fun to watch later on and also because we have some friends that live far away and it might be an interesting way for them to interact with us.

Other than that? Who knows really. I have always thought it was really odd that it was so popular, but there is a weird voyeur/exhibitionist feeling to it. I feel like it is one of those things that is a bit hard to explain.

Mascot

It is quite popular these days, although most of that still tends to be PC stuff like LoL. But Titanfall had quite a few streams going when it came out with up to like 30k people watching some.

I actually enjoy catching some of ForzaGAF streaming as it is a fun little thing to do while you might be waiting for something or just fucking around. The Kinect integration is fantastic as it basically is a full stream setup out of the box. I am going to stream a TON more when Liz and I get a good co-op game, mainly because it will be fun to watch later on and also because we have some friends that live far away and it might be an interesting way for them to interact with us.

Other than that? Who knows really. I have always thought it was really odd that it was so popular, but there is a weird voyeur/exhibitionist feeling to it. I feel like it is one of those things that is a bit hard to explain.

Interesting! I like walking around with no pants on too much to ever consider something similar.

frontieruk

Just ordered this on an absolute impulse and I haven't played a Forza game since 2. Anyone else in a similar position or are you all going to mercilessly crush me?

Go back a couple of pages and watch the post race videos... You'll realise you'll be fine ;)

Working hard to get a good time in the last Bounty Hunter...1 hour later I just managed a 2:35 lap. I'm sure Mech will go over that very soon, so I have to keep improving...

13274111024_775c916362_h.jpg

13274110614_d8a50b6569_h.jpg

13273772765_301d9ea20a_h.jpg

13273918443_729f6c8808_h.jpg

13273771585_61868c573b_h.jpg

13273917173_7c8a7be695_h.jpg

13274107584_2d19d01f9d_h.jpg

13273922883_09d5d5a1b3_h.jpg

13273915823_2ded9c9707_h.jpg

Top Bottom