• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 5 |OT| Open wheel, tyre squeal, orange peel, dat next-gen feel

Spades

Just announced the Bondurant Car Pack.

DLC Trailer

Car List:
2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray
2013 Infiniti #77 Schmidt Peterson Motorsports Dallara IPS Indy Lights
1990 Alfa Romeo SZ Sprint Zagato
2013 Bentley Continental GT Speed
1975 Fiat X1/9
2013 Mazda MX-5 Cup
2012 MINI John Cooper Works GP
1970 Dodge Coronet Super Bee
2009 Pontiac Solstice GXP
1980 Abarth Fiat 131

Damn good pack in my opinion.

Really want to take this baby for a spin!

192d4ea7-c036-41d0-926e-48fa2eb9af07.jpg

But that would involve turning off Mario Kart 8 for a while! ;)

PS - Sup guys, sorry I've been a stranger. Hope you're all doing well!

Count me in for a full season! Having a constructors championship would be good as well if we can get into teams of two?

Damn, teams would be a freakin great idea. Do a couple initial "qualifying" tests and pair the slower guys with the faster guys.

I call Dead Poul!

Spades

I call Dead Poul!

Nice try. The qualifiers sound like a great idea once we've got the base car settings we want to use. Matching team liveries as well!

I would defo be interested in being in a championship from the beginning. Point for fastest lap would also be good if we're doing longer races so that if you always have something to go for even if you're out of the running because of a spin or whatever.

Nice try. The qualifiers sound like a great idea once we've got the base car settings we want to use. Matching team liveries as well!

I would defo be interested in being in a championship from the beginning. Point for fastest lap would also be good if we're doing longer races so that if you always have something to go for even if you're out of the running because of a spin or whatever.

Shit man, those are some great ideas. Zorbs, where the hell are you man? Let's get on this!

Seanspeed

Banned
Don't think I've ever seen an Indy Lights car in a game before(not officially at least). Very cool. Lower level open wheelers are a ton of fun.

Really good car pack.

zorbsie

So, how about an entire MX5 Cup season next Zorbs? One long race each week in the Miata Cup car for like 4 or 5 weeks?

I like that idea. That's what I want to do next. a 4/5 week season with one car throughout. Looks like I have to find some money to get this car pass though. :)

EDIT: That new car pack is pretty awesome. Nice to see some more open wheel racers and that 2014 Corvette, sooogood.gif

Spades

I like that idea. That's what I want to do next. a 4/5 week season with one car throughout. Looks like I have to find some money to get this car pass though. :)

100% in for this. I have a friend who would be willing to join as my team-mate also if we have enough space.

EDIT: That new car pack is pretty awesome. Nice to see some more open wheel racers and that 2014 Corvette, sooogood.gif

Shit, good point. It being a DLC car does make it more difficult for people. Can you still buy the cars individually?

Edit: Hell, if someone can find me a way to be able to buy the car pack for everyone who will race, I will do my damnedest to buy as many as I can for people.

Spades

Shit, good point. It being a DLC car does make it more difficult for people. Can you still buy the cars individually?

Edit: Hell, if someone can find me a way to be able to buy the car pack for everyone who will race, I will do my damnedest to buy as many as I can for people.

Pretty sure you can buy the car individually for a couple of bucks for those who don't want to buy the entire pack - it shouldn't be a big deal.

Bobnob

I have the season pass so i'm good, maybe you could message T10 to see if you buy a lump sum of code's that you could gift to freinds, the league i race in also as this problem.

zorbsie

Just PayPal them the money if they are cheap fucks.

Like come on man.

I don't want to get in a debate about this, but some of us aren't cheap fucks. Some of us simply don't have the extra cash on hand. And I know it's only 10 bucks, I'm still in that boat though.

Lima

I don't want to get in a debate about this, but some of us aren't cheap fucks. Some of us simply don't have the extra cash on hand. And I know it's only 10 bucks, I'm still in that boat though.

You don't even need the pack. The car is what? 1,99$ on its own. If you don't have that you got some serious problem.

Yeah, thats why I was trying to find a good way to get it so everyone who wants can race with us.

What madness is this? You're only allowed one new car per pack, Turn 10. :p

C7 Stingray, Indy Lights Dallara, and the Alfa SZ make this the best FM5 DLC yet. I'm definitely going to pick this one up.

Mascot

Hey Shorty, if you're feeling philanthropic you can buy me a 'Bone. Dan's stiffed me on that one. I'll need a new TV to go with it too.

You're the best, man. Cheers.

p3tran

Banned
so I only had a few minutes to test drive the '14 stingray and the works GP
both of them are fuckin' great! 8)

@Helios
That's referring to a real life collaboration between ourselves and the Bondurant school of motoring.
nice! but will the real life collaboration bring any fruits in forza life? (other than the car pack, like a set of driving school tests like in career or something)

saladine1

so I only had a few minutes to test drive the '14 stingray and the works GP
both of them are fuckin' great! 8)

@Helios

nice! but will the real life collaboration bring any fruits in forza life? (other than the car pack, like a set of driving school tests like in career or something)

I'd love to see some kind of driving tests, ala GT, in Forza.

Speaking of extras, we know Forza is about circuit racing but what would people like to see besides that?

Would be nice to break it up a little. Those cone races and suitcase demolition derby just doesn't do it for me...

I'd love to see some kind of driving tests, ala GT, in Forza.

Speaking of extras, we know Forza is about circuit racing but what would people like to see besides that?

Would be nice to break it up a little. Those cone races and suitcase demolition derby just doesn't do it for me...

As long as its optional, I don't want any part of the GT core single player.

New pack looks great. Looking forward to driving the little Indy thing and MX-5 Cup.

Spent the week moving house and getting reconnected and already fucking regretting it.

No the move itself. I thought I could live with my old man again but he's still the cunt I moved away from 20 years ago.

And I can't get 3D games to work on my telly.

BIGT468

If I had to buy only one car pack, which one?

I haven't purchased any car packs yet and I would have to say the one that just came out (Bondurant) It's the first car pack that I find myself interested in more than one car. I think I'm going to pull the trigger so I can try out the c7 vette and the indy lights car plus if we run the Miata series that's just icing on the cake.

New car pack is fab, I'd have been a little pissed had it not been included in the car pass given all the recycled content we've had. Hoping next month's is of the same quality.

Still no further rumours about the 'Ring?

Haven't really looked mate, the first thing I did when I got back online was to check if there had been any announcements on the FM site. Tbh the game has enough decent tracks I don't miss the Ring at all, looking forward to the GP circuit if anything.

zorbsie

I know it's late, but can anyone share a tune for today's race? I've been goofing around with mine and now I understeer like crazy.

Devildoll

I have one but it's not great. The kids are playing Infinity right now, but I will try to share it before we start.

Is yours shared?
I just put one up, its not too changed from stock, but i managed 1:24.200 with it.

Tuned it this past half hour, so don't expect anything fantastic.

Top Bottom