• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 5 |OT| Open wheel, tyre squeal, orange peel, dat next-gen feel

zorbsie

Thanks guys. OK lobby is up. Time to turn on damage and get this baby rolling!

Edit: everything on my system is running really slow. Can't get my friends list to load in game. Going to hard reset the system and hope that fixes the issue.

zorbsie

Well it's all over. After 20 weeks, with only two off weeks (Super Bowl Sunday and PAX East) season one of the Forza GAF racing league comes to an end. It has been an absolute blast racing with you guys every week. Thanks to everyone that came out. Even if you only came out for one week. Even if you only came out to get 1 point so that you wouldn't have a zero beside your name. It was great to see people come out and be willing to be driven off the road by the Canadian mafia. The numbers have been crunched and our champion for season one is P3tran. It took him a few weeks to get to the top, but after achieving that goal he stayed there until the bitter end. Congrats P3tran!

champ2e3siw.png

Wipe those tears away. There will be more racing! Season two will begin in July. We'll take a few weeks off and come back with a shorter, more focused season. If we get enough people we might try two man teams. Naturally P3tran will be my partner because we are both Greek.
And I want a good chance to win. :)
But more on that later on. Enjoy the victory for now.

SarBear

Well it's all over. After 20 weeks, with only two off weeks (Super Bowl Sunday and PAX East) season one of the Forza GAF racing league comes to an end. It has been an absolute blast racing with you guys every week. Thanks to everyone that came out. Even if you only came out for one week. Even if you only came out to get 1 point so that you wouldn't have a zero beside your name. It was great to see people come out and be willing to be driven off the road by the Canadian mafia. The numbers have been crunched and our champion for season one is P3tran. It took him a few weeks to get to the top, but after achieving that goal he stayed there until the bitter end. Congrats P3tran!

champ2e3siw.png

Wipe those tears away. There will be more racing! Season two will begin in July. We'll take a few weeks off and come back with a shorter, more focused season. If we get enough people we might try two man teams. Naturally P3tran will be my partner because we are both Greek.

You've peaked my interest.

RoKKeR

Brother and I are doing split screen Indy 500 races right now with rolling starts, SO much fun! Have gained respect for these guys who do it.

Is there any way to save split screen replays?

champ2e3siw.png

I just want to thank my sponsors Tide, Budweiser, Trojan and Mylanta for all their support this season on track, and after many questionable decisions off the track.

I look forward to next season, and myself and my team look to move up the standings.

p3tran

Banned
I had a really great time running with you guys on Sundays :)

looking forward to whatever tag-team-battles zorbs comes up with :p

Spades

There will be more racing! Season two will begin in July. We'll take a few weeks off and come back with a shorter, more focused season. If we get enough people we might try two man teams.

Yay! Looking forward to being involved in a season from the start and the more focused the better - I always like getting used to driving the same car for a couple of weeks and the racing is normally better for it.

Count me in for the new season for sure.

Forza Horizon 2 is a cross Gen game, available on 360 and X1

Kind of disappointing

On a plus note weather is in and the game takes place in Europe not the southern US as rumored.

That's just silly without seeing anything yet.
It could be
1080p 60fps X1
720p 30fps X360

It could be - I said in the other thread they could be two different games - but it's still cross-gen and still resources going into two games rather than just one. I've had all Forza releases on launch at full price; that won't be happening with H2 irrespective of differences.

Yeah I don't think there's a chance it will be 1080p60 given FH's 30FPS and the fact FM5 was 1080p60 with a lot of drawbacks.

Arcade racer, open world and weather can afford to be 1080p30, if not because the compeition is 1080p30 too (minus open world).

It could be - I said in the other thread they could be two different games - but it's still cross-gen and still resources going into two games rather than just one. I've had all Forza releases on launch at full price; that won't be happening with H2 irrespective of differences.

Again why set yourself up to look silly, wait until you have all the facts before making your purchasing decisions.

zorbsie

Is it wrong I'm pissed because Helios didn't even give us a hint at this announcement? :)
I might venture into that other thread, but I'm super pumped about FH2. I will say I'm not a fan of the that stacked logo. Horizontal is the way to go. Sounds like it's very close to final product if they are doing hands on preview. Can't wait to see how it looks. The cross gen thing doesn't bother me at all. What if it's the same game but the 360 version has fewer poly count on the cars. That wouldn't split the dev time as much as some people think. I see it like a PC game. X1 is highest setting and 360 is medium setting. Nothing to worry about until we know more info.

Back to FM5 I forgot to mention, Sunday was my very first Forza GAF victory! Thanks to all the really good racers who didn't turn up. :) And the damage we had on...and the drivatars that got in the way of everyone else. A win is a win though, right?

Mascot

Ha, I'm sorry!

Great that it's finally announced though, have been waiting for this day for some time now.

Cross gen news is awesome! Tell Dan there's no rush* with my free Xbone now, I'll be playing H2 with my Fanatec on my trusty old 360.

Happy days!

*August is fine.

p3tran

Banned
Is it wrong I'm pissed because Helios didn't even give us a hint at this announcement? :)
I might venture into that other thread, but I'm super pumped about FH2. I will say I'm not a fan of the that stacked logo. Horizontal is the way to go. Sounds like it's very close to final product if they are doing hands on preview. Can't wait to see how it looks. The cross gen thing doesn't bother me at all. What if it's the same game but the 360 version has fewer poly count on the cars. That wouldn't split the dev time as much as some people think. I see it like a PC game. X1 is highest setting and 360 is medium setting. Nothing to worry about until we know more info.

Back to FM5 I forgot to mention, Sunday was my very first Forza GAF victory! Thanks to all the really good racers who didn't turn up. :) And the damage we had on...and the drivatars that got in the way of everyone else. A win is a win though, right?

nah, since long ago we lifted t10's skirt and looked at the sun, with those ultima fb announcements. then we had ntkrnl dude coming up with details...
let them surprise us on whether they'll officially announce it a monday or a wednesday ;)

about cross-gen, I trust you've learned since you posted, playground-t10 is handling the xbone version, with 360 done by other team, not unlike titanfall went.
so all is peachy on this.

now, even better, they say its southern fuckin' europe, so Helios can you give a locational hint to a Greek dude?
(I guess Greece is not included, because that would practically mean no rain etc weather effects other than blinding sun effect :pppPPpp)

also, where's my guy that always complained about amalfi/positano? how 'bout setting up your own rallies in the italian/greek free roaming peninsulas for a change, heh? :D

edit:
congrats on your win Zorbs! sorry i missed the race. but I think that since you won and all, its only reasonable that you make a video of the last race? :D

HeliosT10

I believe tomorrow's hands-on preview on IGN will explore the setting of the game in a bit more detail, so not long to wait until the beans are fully spilled.

I believe tomorrow's hands-on preview on IGN will explore the setting of the game in a bit more detail, so not long to wait until the beans are fully spilled.

Okay

But you should pass on the interest in a speedometer/ tachometer app for smart glass, all the cool kids are doing it ;)

zorbsie

(I guess Greece is not included, because that would practically mean no rain etc weather effects other than blinding sun effect :pppPPpp)
But they already have the blinding sun tech down to a science. :)

And yes I did see that's it's another studio. Either way I'm super pumped. Tomorrow should be fun to see the IGN preview. Can't wait.

congrats on your win Zorbs! sorry i missed the race. but I think that since you won and all, its only reasonable that you make a video of the last race? :D
I would do it. Sadly I didn't save the video. BigT, Shortt, Devildoll did any of you save the replay of the fiat race? Now I'm bummed.

Horizon 1 was one of the most pleasant surprises of last gen, so I can't wait to see what the fine folks at Playground have up their sleeves for the sequel. Southern Europe is about as good as it gets in terms of setting.

Also, considering it's June and all, I wonder if Turn 10 will be sticking to the established every-other-month schedule for FM5 track DLC? You can PM me the details, Helios. I promise won't tell.

But they already have the blinding sun tech down to a science. :)

And yes I did see that's it's another studio. Either way I'm super pumped. Tomorrow should be fun to see the IGN preview. Can't wait.

I would do it. Sadly I didn't save the video. BigT, Shortt, Devildoll did any of you save the replay of the fiat race? Now I'm bummed.

Shit man, didn't even think about it. Sorry!

Devildoll

Sadly I didn't save the video. BigT, Shortt, Devildoll did any of you save the replay of the fiat race? Now I'm bummed.

I forgot. :(

It all hinges on SCRONE now, don't let us down man!

Yeah, i forgot as well.
I cant believe i did seeing how important video evidence has been the last few weeks.

HAH! I had too many sweet drifts in there for me not to save it! just search for GAF and you should find it

Here are some action shots.

iEZhZvbHIYSHW.jpg

ibmXFjoRS7zIOa.jpg

ioYiXkxq1BmuW.jpg

jcutner

my internet at home is down (til the end of the week) so i can't grab the latest pack. i love the mx-5 cup series, could some kind soul please take a buttload of mx-5 cup pics from forza for me?

lem0n

Hi everyone, I'm finally able to join Forza5-GAF. I got an Xbone and FM5/WD yesterday and couldn't be happier. Traded my PS4 for it ;)

Are there some sort of weekly lobbies, or time trials for me to join in on? I'm just starting out but will be playing the crap out of career so will have decent class specific cars here shortly.

If anyone wants to add me, my GT is VirtualxRacer

frontieruk

Hi everyone, I'm finally able to join Forza5-GAF. I got an Xbone and FM5/WD yesterday and couldn't be happier. Traded my PS4 for it ;)

Are there some sort of weekly lobbies, or time trials for me to join in on? I'm just starting out but will be playing the crap out of career so will have decent class specific cars here shortly.

Just missed it.

But a new series starts soon so keep an eye out

Cygnus

Banned

Strange thing to do just before E3.

BIGT468

Welcome. We just finished up our first forza 5 series but we will be starting the next one pretty soon.

G Rom

Website works on my iPad.
I've just encountered a bug in the game while being in photo mode. Basically no face buttons from the controller work so I can't get save my bloody GT40 photo that I spent some time composing nor can I go back to the replay. Weirdly, the triggers, dpad and sticks still work...
I've tried to turn off the controller, to use another one to have the console ask me to sign in again, to go to another app and go back to Forza, it still doesn't work. Looks like I'll have to loose my replay and my photo... :-/

Thanks SalientChief, you got some nice ones as well.
I see that Jorge brought the heat again with this C7 set, looks like I'll have to step up my game then ! :)

zorbsie

Welcome to fun dude. Like everyone has said the season just ended. But we will start a second season in July. In the meantime feel free to add some people to your friends list from the Forza GAF list. This way your races will be full of us crashing into you and not some randoms. :) I added you to the list aswell.

I got sucked into the Horizon 2 hype and didn't get a chance to say thanks Devildoll for saving that video. I'm going to make a final race video out of that. Although it could just be a drift video. lol

Top Bottom