• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 5 |OT| Open wheel, tyre squeal, orange peel, dat next-gen feel

Cygnus

Banned
Hey guys I don't know if this has been posted but the Renault Clio Williams will be coming to Forza (not sure if 5 or horizon 2), which is awesome news as it's one of the best hot hatches ever and a car I wanted wanted in Forza 4.

Confirmed at 1:56 BTW
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOo7Oae0T4s

renault-clio-williams-07.jpg

I hope the 106 GTI and Saxo VTS is next :)

Finished career mode earlier, haven't bothered with the bonus races yet. Only 10 cars to go (still 10 million credits worth)

Love the driving so much, especially D-S, I hope we eventually get a real gamey career mode sometime. Points, teams, rivals.

Mascot

Finished career mode earlier, haven't bothered with the bonus races yet. Only 10 cars to go (still 10 million credits worth)

Love the driving so much, especially D-S, I hope we eventually get a real gamey career mode sometime. Points, teams, rivals.

Will you redo career once a couple more tracks have been released, ie would it freshen up the whole experience sufficiently to warrant a new playthrough?

Also, what the fuck ever DID happen to the 'Ring that was supposedly coming six months ago?

Mascot

No there's little incentive to redo the races now my garage is almost full, new tracks are in there as bonus races.

I guess the player who buys FM5 towards the end of its life will get the richest and most fulfilling overall career experience then.

Are there any rumours about further tracks, or have they all been released now?

Yeah the Nurburgring rumour is still floating around mate. Now people are expecting it in June. I think BADNED recently said no to Monza, Pacific Raceways and Lime Rock in F5.

Dan even named dropped it a few years ago, I think there's a good possibility we'll get it at some point.

Now the foundations have been laid for this gen they can work on the track count.

Have you tried Long Beach yet mate? It's such a nice track. Right up there with the best of them. The drivatars can't drive it for shit though.

No idea, but to me this is the best addition in in the whole of Forza 5, I guess you have to be a European to understand :p

I understand the passion for a particular car, but I question their accuracy.

Also why the hell don't we have an option to use smart glass to display the speedometer and tachometer?

Horizon gave us a map which was ok, but I would love to turn off the hud completely, and in some cars its a little to dark to read the tachometer.

p3tran

Banned
Yeah the Nurburgring rumour is still floating around mate. Now people are expecting it in June. I think BADNED recently said no to Monza, Pacific Raceways and Lime Rock in F5.
well, seems like I've missed all I have in bold.
All I know is what Dan said on his last video when he has presenting long beach .."we ain't done yet.."
But does the june rumor for the ring have a reason to exist, other than its like E3 month or something? :)

and here's a video of long beach, inside a beamer too. special for mascot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fep4J0UT6_Q

No idea, but to me this is the best addition in in the whole of Forza 5, I guess you have to be a European to understand :p
there are already teh-mini-bomb cars in forza 5. this is just an addition to them.
in fact, I used to drive one such car quite a lot back at the time, and other than it having a little bit of everything (but in a small dosage), it wasnt really the bee's knees or something. 145hp and less than 18kg torque, but in a small and maneuverable package.
I mean, back at that same time, in other parts of the world rx7s and supras and nsx's and 300zx's and even skylines and evos and sti's were created ;)
let alone stuff like the typeR's the mx5s and the crxs.
oh yeah, i am european and love european cars. but the 90's..

G Rom

Great news about the season pass ! Looking forward to the DLC, hopefully with more new-to-Forza cars !
Oh and while I'm here, I'll just drop these... :)

mobile.433nosrs.jpg

mobile.434drqio.jpg

mobile.43553k8l.jpg

mobile.436p2ud0.jpg

mobile.4377puzo.jpg

mobile.438izubc.jpg

mobile.439jyuzf.jpg

mobile.440oaugc.jpg

BADNED

Get your facts straight. I was talking about other tracks. People thought I meant those three and I said those three were not part of what I was talking about.

p3tran

Banned
ok, B-Ned, since you are here now, instead of your usual cryptic riddles, how 'bout answering me this instead:

just how awesome is E3 gonna be for forza?

G Rom

BADNED was saying that Turn 10 has gathered data for other tracks and someone said that those were the three we knew of and he just answered "nope". This means that Turn 10 has other tracks laser scanned that we don't know of. Hopefully among those are some Japanese ones, I want my Suzuka back... :(

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
BADNED was saying that Turn 10 has gathered data for other tracks and someone said that those were the three we knew of and he just answered "nope". This means that Turn 10 has other tracks laser scanned that we don't know of. Hopefully among those are some Japanese ones, I want my Suzuka back... :(

This

Gimme Suzuka

Cygnus

Banned
there are already teh-mini-bomb cars in forza 5. this is just an addition to them.
in fact, I used to drive one such car quite a lot back at the time, and other than it having a little bit of everything (but in a small dosage), it wasnt really the bee's knees or something. 145hp and less than 18kg torque, but in a small and maneuverable package.
I mean, back at that same time, in other parts of the world rx7s and supras and nsx's and 300zx's and even skylines and evos and sti's were created ;)
let alone stuff like the typeR's the mx5s and the crxs.
oh yeah, i am european and love european cars. but the 90's..

Yes I am aware Forza already has some awesome hatches such as the EK Type R, Golf R and Clio V6, but to me the Williams is the best one yet, I've loved this car ever since I was a kid. Beautifully balanced chassis and only weights a tonne. And sure there were much faster cars at the time but nothing quite as fun. I would not compare small hot hatches to NSX's :p

BADNED could you confirm that the Williams Clio is indeed coming to Forza 5?

So I put a real steering wheel on my TX wheel base. Feels soooooooooooo much better, only negative is the lack of buttons and I have to drive automatic until they release the shifter.

14258207922_19c5cdf936_z.jpg

14259966764_3ff2dc5d47_z.jpg

p3tran

Banned
soundscream said:
So I put a real steering wheel on my TX wheel base. Feels soooooooooooo much better, only negative is the lack of buttons and I have to drive automatic until they release the shifter.
well done my friend! 8)
if you are gonna race with your new rim today, I might as well try to partake in today's races with my wheel setup too. still havent driven properly the gte rim.
only problem is, today we are having the second round of municipal elections, plus the european parliament elections, and I'm gonna have some fun explaining to wife why the fuck the living room is decorated in a completely different mood exactly at the time that polls come out :D

I should be there!
last time you were absent, the races became too serious. and silent. and in this silence, you were mentioned. more than once :D

ps.
yo crude!! how's the weather man? :)

zorbsie

Setting up lobby now. Join the party chat. Hopefully that fixes the voice issues we were experiencing last week.

EDIT: scratch that, there is too many of us to do party chat. lol

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
So you are liking Watch Dogs zorbs? Can you give any impressions. Trying to decide to get it or not.

Edit: The Xbox version of Watch Dogs almost needs its own OT.

Jesus man, the way games age. My last big 360 game was Forza Horizon last summer, I remember being blown away visually. Now, not to say it looks terrible or anything, but coming out the other side of a high end pc, the PS4 and especially, especially the last week or two on Forza 5 on the Xbox 1, It's crazy how rapidly a fantastic game like that is left behind visually. Thankfully, the game is still a dream in terms of what matters. Just booted it up for a sesh this evening and finally hit 10th popularity spot haha.

zorbsie

Schuey, I am liking watch dogs but at the same time there are things in it that bother me. I'm getting a good Far Cry 3/AssCreed vide from the open world. Lots of stuff to do even if some of it isn't really that much fun. I've only played like 3 campaign missions but I've been playing the game for close to 6 hours now. Can't really comment on story. Shooting is ok, there is a slowdown mechanic that helps a lot. Driving is not that great and sometimes the camera goes crazy when you reverse. I know that's not a glowing review, but with all that said I'm really glad I bought it.

Back to Forza. The races today were outstanding. Thanks for everyone who came out. I will be doing a video review of that indy race to clear my name. :) There was not a drop of maple syrup on Shortt's car, at least not from me. Thanks again for posting the standings for the second race guys. Here are the total weekly standings.

Next week is the last week of the season. I want to do a long (20-25 minute) race. But not sure what to pick and where. If you guys have any ideas, please pass them along. Otherwise it will be 1000hp Fiat 500s for 20 laps on Alps club circuit.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Schuey, I am liking watch dogs but at the same time there are things in it that bother me. I'm getting a good Far Cry 3/AssCreed vide from the open world. Lots of stuff to do even if some of it isn't really that much fun. I've only played like 3 campaign missions but I've been playing the game for close to 6 hours now. Can't really comment on story. Shooting is ok, there is a slowdown mechanic that helps a lot. Driving is not that great and sometimes the camera goes crazy when you reverse. I know that's not a glowing review, but with all that said I'm really glad I bought it.

Back to Forza. The races today were outstanding. Thanks for everyone who came out. I will be doing a video review of that indy race to clear my name. :) There was not a drop of maple syrup on Shortt's car, at least not from me. Thanks again for posting the standings for the second race guys. Here are the total weekly standings.

Next week is the last week of the season. I want to do a long (20-25 minute) race. But not sure what to pick and where. If you guys have any ideas, please pass them along. Otherwise it will be 1000hp Fiat 500s for 20 laps on Alps club circuit.

Thanks for the impressions. I like the AC games so I will probably get it.

Top Bottom