• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 5 |OT| Open wheel, tyre squeal, orange peel, dat next-gen feel

Otherwise it will be 1000hp Fiat 500s for 20 laps on Alps club circuit.

tumblr_mar3m7UOkO1qg4c28.gif

zorbsie

Some how I knew you guys would be down for that. Not sure if it's even possible to get that much HP in a 500. But will test it out tomorrow. I'll post what I find. It goes without saying that the race would be damage on.

Some how I knew you guys would be down for that. Not sure if it's even possible to get that much HP in a 500. But will test it out tomorrow. I'll post what I find. It goes without saying that the race would be damage on.

S 799
875hp

Giving it race tiers and going full weight reduction puts it in the low R class.

Going to test drive now......

zorbsie

S 799
875hp

Giving it race tiers and going full weight reduction puts it in the low R class.

Going to test drive now......

Did you swap the engine? I put in the 3.7L V6 - VVT with twin turbo aspiration and all the engine upgrades got it up to 875hp. With AWD it was A699. I don't mind going whole hog and having the class max at R900.

SarBear

I owe Drivatars an apology

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1IuPV2jskI

SarBear how you gonna talk shit then hit shortt and me like that

:p

Hmm, not sure what you mean. I was just trying to make it to the pit. Needed fuel and such. Those F1 cars are some tricky bitches to handle. I'm just sayin......tricky fucking car.....plus there was a smoke cloud YOU created. So, basically, you caused Short a hazard that led to his demise.

You ought to apologize to Short.

Hmm, not sure what you mean. I was just trying to make it to the pit. Needed fuel and such. Those F1 cars are some tricky bitches to handle. I'm just sayin......tricky fucking car.....plus there was a smoke cloud YOU created. So, basically, you caused Short a hazard that led to his demise.

You ought to apologize to Short.

You hit Shortt first, he then created the smoke cloud. But your recklessness and refusal to pull over to the side of the track caused both accidents!

You don't own the road Sir!

I might have digital whiplash!

SarBear

You hit Shortt first, he then created the smoke cloud. But your recklessness and refusal to pull over to the side of the track caused both accidents!

You don't own the road Sir!

I might have digital whiplash!

Whomever can recite the incident is usually the one who planned it all out. I swear on a 2002 Camaro I was just trying to make it to the pit. Needed a drink and a change of tires.

Disgusting what you're trying to accuse me of. I even tried to maneuver out the way. :-/

Just reveiew the whole race. Innocent, I am.

Whomever can recite the incident is usually the one who planned it all out. I swear on a 2002 Camaro I was just trying to make it to the pit. Needed a drink and a change of tires.

Disgusting what you're trying to accuse me of. I even tried to maneuver out the way. :-/

Just reveiew the whole race. Innocent, I am.

hqdefault.jpg

All further communication regarding the incident must go through my attorney.

zorbsie

I'm watching you from now on BigT! If I can actually keep up with you that is. lol That oval race was so much fun.

I'll have the header done this afternoon for next weekends race. Lots of parts to list off to buy so we are all running the same engine with mods.

SarBear

That was awesome dude. Passing them on the straight like they were standing still. Nice touch of ending the video with that sweet drift pass. Sunday is going to be awesome.

And just to clear my own name. This is me exiting pit lane,
for the third time
and NOT hitting Shortt, or anyone for that matter. Justice has been served!

Man....that A.I. is something else. Did you see that white car just creepin around pit lane? Goodness. Can't keep a clean lap because of the damn cpu. Damn shame. Now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure Short was giggling the entire race. Better investigate thoroughly.

Devildoll

Man....that A.I. is something else. Did you see that white car just creepin around pit lane? Goodness. Can't keep a clean lap because of the damn cpu. Damn shame. Now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure Short was giggling the entire race. Better investigate thoroughly.

The white car on the video there might have been me after a crash.

zorbsie

league_week20x3qos.png

This is the end
Max Car Class R900
Car: Fiat Abarth 500

Mandatory Upgrades:
Engine Swap: 3.7L V6 VVT
Aspiration Convertion: Twin Turbo
Engine: Everyting upgraded to race level. Should be 875HP
Platform and Handling: Full weight reduction and full roll cage (Drivatars have to be safe)
Plenty of wiggle room to do anything else you want to max it out, which I think is R841.

Track:
Alps Club Circuit - 20 laps

Damage will be on for this race!

This is the last week for this season. We'll take a short break and come back with shorter seasons, like 4 weeks each.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
league_week20x3qos.png

This is the end
Max Car Class R900
Car: Fiat Abarth 500

Mandatory Upgrades:
Engine Swap: 3.7L V6 VVT
Aspiration Convertion: Twin Turbo
Engine: Everyting upgraded to race level. Should be 875HP
Platform and Handling: Full weight reduction and full roll cage (Drivatars have to be safe)
Plenty of wiggle room to do anything else you want to max it out, which I think is R841.

Track:
Alps Club Circuit - 20 laps

Damage will be on for this race!

This is the last week for this season. We'll take a short break and come back with shorter seasons, like 4 weeks each.

did they ever fix the abarth endo?

jet1911

New Xbox One and Forza 5 owner! Forza is installing right now but it's sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo sloooooooooooooooooow. It's insanely slow. At least it's possible to play a bit while it's installing. I'm having a hard time controlling my starter car after not playing sims games for a while lol.

SarBear

New Xbox One and Forza 5 owner! Forza is installing right now but it's sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo sloooooooooooooooooow. It's insanely slow. At least it's possible to play a bit while it's installing. I'm having a hard time controlling my starter car after not playing sims games for a while lol.

Spoiler - you're not really in control for the first few races. All the assists are in full effect and guiding you.

p3tran

Banned
Spoiler - you're not really in control for the first few races. All the assists are in full effect and guiding you.
lol but 100% true! I remember my frustration until the first set of tracks were done

jet1911, enjoy the ride(s) :)

on another note, June 1st I have a friend's wedding, so I guess I wont be making our Sunday's (June1) race.

Seriously, it won't allow you to make any changes to the setup until you finish the first few races. I wanna say it was like five straight races of hell.

You do have the opportunity after the first race of hand-holding bumper super car lap of Prague, but you have to actively select 'assists' from the pre-race menu. If you want to adjust other things like swapping clutch and handbrake then you have to quit out of the career (after loading the next race; #nextgen).

SarBear

You do have the opportunity after the first race of hand-holding bumper super car lap of Prague, but you have to actively select 'assists' from the pre-race menu. If you want to adjust other things like swapping clutch and handbrake then you have to quit out of the career (after loading the next race; #nextgen).

Son of a bitch, you mean i could have fixed that shit? Fuck, i feel so stupid right now.

jet1911

Dumb question.

Even though I didn't have an Xbox One I still went on forzamotorsport.net to redeem my Forza Rewards in case I bought Forza 5 eventually. According to the website I'm supposed to have 1.41 millions credits in bank but in the game I only have the credits that I won by racing. Normal? How do I add those credits? Thanks!

sanstitre4yqs8.png

According to the website I'm supposed to have 1.41 millions credits in bank but in the game I only have the credits that I won by racing. Normal? How do I add those credits

How many days have you been playing Forza 5? I think they should come in eventually— they'll show up in your in-game inbox and you have to notice the '(Y) Download' prompt in low contrast text on the bottom of the screen, and press it before you notice and press the '(X) Delete' prompt next to it.

Anyone else still enthralled by the nextgen UI & feature decisions on the XBox One and its games (FM5)? Parts of it are a step forward, some are merely to the side, but many are backwards with respect to the 360.

jet1911

How many days have you been playing Forza 5? I think they should come in eventually— they'll show up in your in-game inbox and you have to notice the '(Y) Download' prompt in low contrast text on the bottom of the screen, and press it before you notice and press the '(X) Delete' prompt next to it.

Anyone else still enthralled by the nextgen UI & feature decisions on the XBox One and its games (FM5)? Parts of it are a step forward, some are merely to the side, but many are backwards with respect to the 360.

Nice, thanks!

Lima

Dumb question.

Even though I didn't have an Xbox One I still went on forzamotorsport.net to redeem my Forza Rewards in case I bought Forza 5 eventually. According to the website I'm supposed to have 1.41 millions credits in bank but in the game I only have the credits that I won by racing. Normal? How do I add those credits? Thanks!

You only have 30 days after redeeming the reward on the website to retrieve it ingame. After that time period the money expires.

You only have 30 days after redeeming the reward on the website to retrieve it ingame. After that time period the money expires.

I am not sure that is completely true. I got all the rewards redeemed months before I bought F5 and they all showed up. It took a little bit, but I ended up with like $10Mil when I first started playing.

So Thomas from Fanatec apparently hasn't developed a crack habit.

Remember all those ridiculously priced rims, well the price was mainly do to this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsiv-RUX46o

Its a universal hub adapter that lets you mount almost any wheel to your clubsport base

Its $250

and all those rims they were showing off will only be $100 each without having to buy the adapter.

It makes so much more sense now.

Just announced the Bondurant Car Pack.

DLC Trailer

Car List:
2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray
2013 Infiniti #77 Schmidt Peterson Motorsports Dallara IPS Indy Lights
1990 Alfa Romeo SZ Sprint Zagato
2013 Bentley Continental GT Speed
1975 Fiat X1/9
2013 Mazda MX-5 Cup
2012 MINI John Cooper Works GP
1970 Dodge Coronet Super Bee
2009 Pontiac Solstice GXP
1980 Abarth Fiat 131

Damn good pack in my opinion.

http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/fm5_bondurant_car_pack
New car pack out. Is this the last of the season pass or the first of the two additional ones?

I'm not sure if it's suggesting we'll be getting a new track in game too or a real life track in co-op with Forza:
Later this summer we will be unveiling a new Forza Motorsport-inspired instruction course with the Bondurant School. The Forza Motorsport Grand Prix Road Racing Class will be available soon and will feature the same world-class instructors and cutting-edge techniques that Bondurant has come to be known for. Stay tuned for more details on this class in the coming weeks!

HeliosT10

http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/fm5_bondurant_car_pack
New car pack out. Is this the last of the season pass or the first of the two additional ones?

I'm not sure if it's suggesting we'll be getting a new track in game too or a real life track in co-op with Forza:

That's referring to a real life collaboration between ourselves and the Bondurant school of motoring.

Oh, and this is the first of the two additional packs that car pass owners are getting at no extra cost.

Top Bottom