• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 5 |OT| Open wheel, tyre squeal, orange peel, dat next-gen feel

I am coming from Gran Turismo. I played the first two Forza's then stopped. But I am about to take the plunge on the XboxOne and I am intrigued by this NeoGAF race season you have going.

When I pick up the game is there anything I should focus on? Or just add you guys to my friends list and hope I catch up in time for season 2?

frontieruk

I am coming from Gran Turismo. I played the first two Forza's then stopped. But I am about to take the plunge on the XboxOne and I am intrigued by this NeoGAF race season you have going.

When I pick up the game is there anything I should focus on? Or just add you guys to my friends list and hope I catch up in time for season 2?

Keep your cash;for series cars/tunes,
use rivals; you'll make money quicker,
Check Forza rewards; you'll earn extra cash.

zorbsie

G Rom, my heart! Those are beautiful. And the livery is fantastic. Great stuff dude.

Flying Toaster, Everyone is welcome to the seasons. Next season will use just one car over 4 or 5 weeks. It'll be the MX5-Cup that we will be using. It's in the last DLC pack, which is $10 or you can buy just the car for $3. Hoping to start in the first or second week of July.

Devildoll

G Rom, my heart! Those are beautiful. And the livery is fantastic. Great stuff dude.

Flying Toaster, Everyone is welcome to the seasons. Next season will use just one car over 4 or 5 weeks. It'll be the MX5-Cup that we will be using. It's in the last DLC pack, which is $10 or you can buy just the car for $3. Hoping to start in the first or second week of July.

That sounds sweet.

I haven't been able to try the new MX5 out yet, I'm still at my lan party.
Did you manage to grab the replay of the fiat race btw?

zorbsie

Oh shit is it really? Live seems to be down for me right now. I'd totally grab it for that price. I was just about to buy the MX-5 cup too. This is awesome.

EDIT: Something looks off here...
wp_20140605_001dhl9i.jpg
Clicking through on the car pass the price is $33.49. I wonder how long this will be up for?

m23

Oh shit is it really? Live seems to be down for me right now. I'd totally grab it for that price. I was just about to buy the MX-5 cup too. This is awesome.

EDIT: Something looks off here...

Clicking through on the car pass the price is $33.49. I wonder how long this will be up for?

Pretty sure these deals are weekly.

Spades

Woohoo! Can't wait to do this championship, really excited. We're doing teammates and a constructors championship as well Zorbs, yeah?

Also are we sticking to Sunday's for this at the same time as before?

frontieruk

Woohoo! Can't wait to do this championship, really excited. We're doing teammates and a constructors championship as well Zorbs, yeah?

I think Spades should be hampered by being hamstrung with me as a teammate

zorbsie

If we get enough people to commit then I think teams would be awesome. And yes Sunday at 2 Eastern is probably the best time for me. Unless the bulk of racers have a different time in mind.

Picked up the car pass. Couldn't pass up the deal and I had $12 in my MS wallet. Buying all the free cars is kind of a chore. Every time I buy one I want to test it out. Lol This could take all day.

zorbsie

Then I will have to hope my game comes in time so I can get it.

I am really only interested in the MX5. It is one of my favorite cars of all time.

If you just want the one car it's $3. If you are really worried about the car pass deal, you could always buy that before the game arrives.

p3tran

Banned
one more track to announce, so monday will be like:

-Dan enters screen drifting, halts in burnout
- ' yo my people watching from home, waz up! before I melt your eyes an' brainz completely with horizon 2, you might wana hurry up to your xbone games&apps and put the nurburgring in your download que while you can still see. chop-chop, I'm counting 30 seconds just for you'
;P

-Dan enters screen drifting, halts in burnout
- ' yo my people watching from home, waz up! before I melt your eyes an' brainz completely with horizon 2, you might wana hurry up to your xbone games&apps and put the nurburgring in your download que while you can still see. chop-chop, I'm counting 30 seconds just for you'
;P

1 free track and 2 more DLC then I guess? Surely the 'Rin has to be free and Monza/Limerock the paid content.

Maple Valley and Camino am cry.

Spades

If we get enough people to commit then I think teams would be awesome. And yes Sunday at 2 Eastern is probably the best time for me. Unless the bulk of racers have a different time in mind.

Picked up the car pass. Couldn't pass up the deal and I had $12 in my MS wallet. Buying all the free cars is kind of a chore. Every time I buy one I want to test it out. Lol This could take all day.

Awesome!

Personally I'd prefer a Saturday but happy to go with the majority. Perhaps you could use Doodle to figure out what time suits everyone best, Zorbsie?

Where are you getting that from? Have I missed something?

Weren't Lime Rock and Monza seemingly solid rumours thanks to that GPS company leaking? Same source confirmed Long Beech IIRC?

There was that article around Jan that had the 'Ring nailed on too, and the track itself seems like a no-brainer to be included?

SarBear

Weren't Lime Rock and Monza seemingly solid rumours thanks to that GPS company leaking? Same source confirmed Long Beech IIRC?

There was that article around Jan that had the 'Ring nailed on too, and the track itself seems like a no-brainer to be included?

Don't set yourself up......

zorbsie

Pretty sure Monza was debunked.
1 free track - Unannounced track (might be ring, probably not)
2 paid DLC - 1 is the second extra car pack and the other, I would imagine, is the booster car pack that will come out with the track as per the other two track releases.

zorbsie

I bit the bullet and did it. If you do get the car pass, set aside some time to buy all the cars it unlocks. Takes forever. :)

Spades

Ended up just buying the Bondurant Car Pack.

Guys, you must try out the 2013 Infiniti #77 Schmidt Peterson Motorsports Dallara IPS Indy Lights car.

Wow! It's got a great setup out of the box, handles great with lots of power but also plenty of responsiveness. It's like an enjoyable IndyCar.

Try it out. It'd make for an awesome championship as well.

Ended up just buying the Bondurant Car Pack.

Guys, you must try out the 2013 Infiniti #77 Schmidt Peterson Motorsports Dallara IPS Indy Lights car.

Wow! It's got a great setup out of the box, handles great with lots of power but also plenty of responsiveness. It's like an enjoyable IndyCar.

Try it out. It'd make for an awesome championship as well.

Depending on what we want to do, it could be part of the season. But I do like the idea of one long race each week to give us a better chance to tune and practice.

Maybe the next season?

G Rom

mobile.4530wuep.jpg

mobile.4544pixe.jpg

mobile.4551cf5n.jpg

mobile.45656sb7.jpg

mobile.4584up3h.jpg

The details in the environments are incredible :

mobile.459uii3n.jpg

mobile.4600sec0.jpg

Went for an "Horizon" feeling on this one :

mobile.461yuimj.jpg

That expression on the face :

mobile.462wjd12.jpg

RoKKeR

Any thoughts on the Season Pass at $33? Not sure why I'm considering as I don't really play the game a ton now, but there are some awesome looking cars in there.

Edit: And you do have to buy the cars on their own once you have them in the game, right? Also just won my first multiplayer race!! Very exciting for me haha. Got a few achievements too, passed for the lead in the last lap and it was right down to the wire at the end.

BADNED

Edit: And you do have to buy the cars on their own once you have them in the game, right? ....
No, the first time they are available for free. Only if you want a second one or more in your garage then they cost ingame credits but the first one is free.

p3tran

Banned
I fuckin called it!!!

Dan on stage, said "hello fans, go download forza 5 nurburgring starting now., and here is fulton btw to show you horizon 2"

YEAH!!

Best news of E3. Cheers, T10.

Trailer

Edit: Game update (2.8 GB) is out, but the servers are getting their asses kicked. There's also a 5-car pack:

1989 Audi #4 Audi 90 quattro IMSA GTO
1967 Brabham BT24
2013 Ford Formula Ford EcoBoost 200
1939 Maserati 8CTF
1956 Lotus Eleven

Fuck me. Best DLC ever.

Holy fuck.. That car park is goddam amazing!! Plus THE RING!!

Gonna start a new 50 Days of Green Hell again! This time with live commentary! (maybe...)

Cygnus

Banned
"1939 Maserati 8CTF" omg!

The ring looks fantastic. I hope you guys can give your impressions of the new ring to us Forza 4 peons :)

Top Bottom