• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 5 |OT| Open wheel, tyre squeal, orange peel, dat next-gen feel

Gestault

Eh, i'd like to know, i also have a 720p tv (which can accept 1080i signal) but the console won't let me choose anything other than 720p.

In theory, for a still image, 1080i could show more detail, but a progressive image looks better in motion. 720p all the way.

jms493

Neo Member
I received a message that i received 2 free cars in Forza 5 but i don't see them in my list of owned cars. Do i need to do anything else to receive them?

Pleasantly surprised to discover I am Tier 3. I don't even remember signing up for this.

Yes you have to go to "Messages" tab over to Gifts and download the cars assuming your redeemed your rewards. Credits are automatically deposited in your account.

CaLe

Try this - well written tips for beginners.

I would also suggest that you do not take out all assists at once, especially if you're new to the series. Mastering braking/clutch/gas at the same time could be frustrating.

Thank you so much, I appreciate it !

Keep the tips coming guys please :)

Mascot

much more as a pack, though the top 3 usually separate themselves from the rest after a lap or so. but its rare to not be battling to overtake or maintain position - of course this is also do to races only being 2-3 laps... still, much better then past forza games in this respect.

Awesome - that's great to hear!

flashmouth

Neo Member
Did some Rivals today, but I can't see how to make more money than career races, you only make it faster cause there's no Drivatars in your way. The best I could do was 8.700Cr resulting in 18.700 with bonuses. I never saw that number before, I was kinda shocked first.

But that meant being 1%, I worked my way up to #33 of 17.510 peeps on the leaderboard. I still feel kinda underpaid. Btw you can still see the percentage in the leaderboard view of the tracks on the top.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
hey thanks for listening

wait its only a short term thing? dumb

"...we’re in the process of making some changes to the Forza Motorsport 5 economy. But, while we’re putting the final touches on that, we want to make sure everyone continues having a great time with Forza 5. So, the following programs are going into effect this week..."

Raudi

I just received a Lotus E21 as a Gift car.....Thank you T10!!! :)

+ 50% off sale on all cars (in game msg) Now I have to decide which R class race car to buy - lol

Now if only my TX wheel would show up :(

Xanadu

Banned
"...we’re in the process of making some changes to the Forza Motorsport 5 economy. But, while we’re putting the final touches on that, we want to make sure everyone continues having a great time with Forza 5. So, the following programs are going into effect this week..."

wana bet its not as good as the short term?

op_ivy

wana bet its not as good as the short term?

of course it wont be.

i know you arent new to console sim games. they have a certain progression system. play and earn money. work towards expensive purchases. they don't want to change that. thats how they keep a lot of people interested in the game for more then a few weeks.

Xanadu

Banned
of course it wont be.

i know you arent new to console sim games. they have a certain progression system. play and earn money. work towards expensive purchases. they don't want to change that. thats how they keep a lot of people interested in the game for more then a few weeks.

i wouldnt mind that if they didnt offer bullshit microtransactions, even in horizon that shit pissed me off and it was much less apparent in that

of course it wont be.

I played through most of Gran Turismo 5 and the progression in this doesn't feel drastically different to me. That "press y to win" button sucks but I'd ont use it and have a lot of fun collecting cars with the in-game economy.

op_ivy

I played through most of Gran Turismo 5 and the progression in this doesn't feel drastically different to me. That "press y to win" button sucks but I'd ont use it and have a lot of fun collecting cars with the in-game economy.

exactly.

i think part of the problem stems from the fact that with fm3 --> fm4, turn10 seemed to drastically reduce the grind. money was plentiful, cars were gifted regularly. the fm5 system flies in the face of that and is definitely more of a grind. possibly because there is less cars? maybe a philosophical change? i dunno. but they are working to reverse it, even if only a bit. rejoice.

Xanadu

Banned
exactly.

i think part of the problem stems from the fact that with fm3 --> fm4, turn10 seemed to drastically reduce the grind. money was plentiful, cars were gifted regularly. the fm5 system flies in the face of that and is definitely more of a grind. possibly because there is less cars? maybe a philosophical change? i dunno. but they are working to reverse it, even if only a bit. rejoice.

grind is a good thing? and in GT5 it wasnt as bad as there were many more tracks and cars

Klocker

Sweet got my free LaFerrari car and the 150k for tier 4, no other bonus car yet... going to try to find time to make enough money to buy a car or two at discount....wish it ran for a week....this weekend is tough for me right up until noon sunday (us pt) when it ends :(

Come on, 2011 CR ZR1 #4 :)

op_ivy

grind is a good thing? and in GT5 it wasnt as bad as there were many more tracks and cars

to me? no. if there was no economy and i launched the game with all cars accessible, i'd likely play just as much as i will with the economy and progress.

for many though, the economy is necessary. some people need a reason other then racing (strange i know) to continue to play a racing game. unlocks. cash. upgrades. new cars. whatever. thats the purpose of the in-game economy. the tricky thing is to not make it feel like a grind. forza has traditionally been pretty good about that imo. fm5? not so much. but they are working on addressing that.

Xanadu

Banned
The ppl most upset will never play the game.... Or ever planned on playing it

not true

to me? no. if there was no economy and i launched the game with all cars accessible, i'd likely play just as much as i will with the economy and progress.

for many though, the economy is necessary. some people need a reason other then racing (strange i know) to continue to play a racing game. unlocks. cash. upgrades. new cars. whatever. thats the purpose of the in-game economy. the tricky thing is to not make it feel like a grind. forza has traditionally been pretty good about that imo. fm5? not so much. but they are working on addressing that.

and its pretty obvious the grind is due to the microtransactions, shame on t10 and lets hope they do address it

Mascot

I think that might be half of the perceived problem - people seem to feel insulted by having the monetisation constantly rammed down their throats instead of it being nicely hidden in the background. I don't own the game (or an Xbone) but a friend of mine does. He said he finished a very early race in FM5 and got a message suggesting a rivals event on Spa. Problem was, the rivals event required him to buy the LaFerrari DLC if he wanted to take part. This was one of his very first experiences with the game, getting told he needed to pay more money to follow a path suggested by the game.

Not cool. Not cool at all.

Grind is about the same for me. Less tracks is a disappointment, no doubt, but it's not contributing to the grind for me.

I didn't play Forza 4 that much but over the impression that it was easy to buy the best content fairly early.

Klocker

Was thinking of grabbing the vip anyway, does anyone know if the lotus f1 gift will be given even if I buy it after this announcement?

Helios?

!!!! Oh and let me sell back my cars for half credits to the game T10 and all will be forgiven ;) !!!!

fernoca

Got the limited edition at launch and redeemed the code. While browsing the add-ons, the VIP Pass (which was parted of the LE extras) appeared as "install" (though it installed with the rest of the extra content); did...and restarted the game got the credits, and some other stuff and the message about a gift from Turn 10.

p3tran

Banned
so first tune is up. mk2 gti,
very fast gti, yet with amazing grip and ease of handling.
perfect way for new players to ramp up the AI difficulty, let go of assists and still come first ;)
if you are not getting the full 115% bonus with this car, well, you are never gonna get it at all :D
"C500 stage 2" is the name of tune, gt like gaf name, and I made a livery too

i8HxmdP7KDij.jpg
eat this h3rzt! :D

so, bottom line is, that when you see this car online, or even in your single player,
you just know you are going down! :)

Klocker

So i am tier 5 on my rewards page with it saying tier 6 is next on redeem page but I have not received the 80k nor the P1 for tier 5

Anyone know how to get?

Justin

I'm loving the game but I feel like it would be a easy economy change to make the driver level provide a bonus to affinity gain.

Anion

Hi all,

In our latest Week in Review article we go into detail on some recent economic updates to the game and how they impact on you. I'm sure plenty of you here will find it of interest.

http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/wir_11_27_13

Wow, well I'm happy. Thanks
Just add Tag and Club Garages! Please

Sweet got my free LaFerrari car and the 150k for tier 4, no other bonus car yet... going to try to find time to make enough money to buy a car or two at discount....wish it ran for a week....this weekend is tough for me right up until noon sunday (us pt) when it ends :(

Come on, 2011 CR ZR1 #4 :)

I think you mean Berlinetta :p

eso76

Have you tried both the display discovery option and manually choosing resolutions?

Tbh I did very little fiddling with os yet, haven't seen those options.
While in theory there shouldnt be a reason to output 1080i on a 720p panel, I was curious to see if the downscaling from the TV might give me a softer image.

Krilekk

Banned
So i am tier 5 on my rewards page with it saying tier 6 is next on redeem page but I have not received the 80k nor the P1 for tier 5

Anyone know how to get?

Were you tier 5 before the 22nd? Cause that was the day where you had to be tier 5 to receive those reward cars (launch celebration).

shandy706

In the thread I posted it is true. You have some really stupid posts. Especially the ones about the cost of cars being inflated or the fact that they completely ignore that the sale isn't the only thing they appear to be doing.

I don't expect miracles, but it is true that most of the people I've seen trashing the recent news will most likely never play the game....and never intended to. If they did intend to, they would be happy to see that Turn 10 is listening...and could even still, understandably, be unhappy that micro-transactions exist at all.

and its pretty obvious the grind is due to the microtransactions, shame on t10 and lets hope they do address it

I simply do not see this grind everyone keeps bringing up. The game does not feel like a grind to me at all....not in any way. With this "sale" I'll be able to buy $40,000+ cars in the game having only raced for as little as 10-12 minutes. That's looking at some of the recent races I ran where I got over $8k and the race only lasted like 3-4 minutes.

I guess you could call it a "grind" if you're trying to get a 3million dollar car....but I don't see getting that much money taking long. I've raced in the game for less than 2 hours and have over $300k earned already...maybe a lot more. My Driveatar (sp?) earned me over $11k while I was at work yesterday..lol. Heck, combined with that I'll only have to race like 3-6 minutes to buy a discounted $40,000 performance car...

The ignorant are blowing this supposed "horrible grind" out of the water.

Klocker

Were you tier 5 before the 22nd? Cause that was the day where you had to be tier 5 to receive those reward cars (launch celebration).

Ahh that's probably it.... thanks. I must have been so damned close....only a couple more hours in horizon or f4 probably before I traded my 360. Guess I should have paid attention but I always get confused, by the vip, LE, Reward talk... lol

I am 890 away from 6 with 315 in fm5

Xanadu

Banned
In the thread I posted it is true. You have some really stupid posts. Especially the ones about the cost of cars being inflated or the fact that they completely ignore that the sale isn't the only thing they appear to be doing.

I don't expect miracles, but it is true that most of the people I've seen trashing the recent news will most likely never play the game....and never intended to. If they did intend to, they would be happy to see that Turn 10 is listening...and could even still, understandably, be unhappy that micro-transactions exist at all.

I simply do not see this grind everyone keeps bringing up. The game does not feel like a grind to me at all....not in any way. With this "sale" I'll be able to buy $40,000+ cars in the game having only raced for as little as 10-12 minutes. That's looking at some of the recent races I ran where I got over $8k and the race only lasted like 3-4 minutes.

I guess you could call it a "grind" if you're trying to get a 3million dollar car....but I don't see getting that much money taking long. I've played the game for less than 2 hours and have over $300k earned already...maybe a lot more. My Driveatar (sp?) earned me over $11k while I was at work yesterday..lol. Heck, combined with that I'll only have to race like 3-6 minutes to buy a discounted car...

The ignorant are blowing this supposed "horrible grind" out of the water.

i dont care about most people, I WILL play this game at some point in the future and i'm glad to see peoples uproars have made t10 re access some of their bullshit.

i never said it was a horrible grind, but its more of a grind than previous forzas and clearly its the case due to microtransactions, i just cant believe they put all this bullshit in the game when the content is so small in the first place, it was a terrible move and i'm glad most people agree with my stance

Aptos

I think that might be half of the perceived problem - people seem to feel insulted by having the monetisation constantly rammed down their throats instead of it being nicely hidden in the background. I don't own the game (or an Xbone) but a friend of mine does. He said he finished a very early race in FM5 and got a message suggesting a rivals event on Spa. Problem was, the rivals event required him to buy the LaFerrari DLC if he wanted to take part. This was one of his very first experiences with the game, getting told he needed to pay more money to follow a path suggested by the game.

Not cool. Not cool at all.

Yea, this is a little funny: the only Rivals message I have in my inbox is one suggesting a challenge where I need to buy the LaFerrari DLC. Yet when a friend bests my time in another rival challenge, I get no update...

All in all though, I really enjoy this game. I have way more credits than I need to buy any more cars (2mil), but I do have the VIP double bonus. Even without it, I feel like I would still have plenty of credits to progress.

shandy706

i dont care about most people, I WILL play this game at some point in the future and i'm glad to see peoples uproars have made t10 re access some of their bullshit.

i never said it was a horrible grind, but its more of a grind than previous forzas and clearly its the case due to microtransactions, i just cant believe they put all this bullshit in the game when the content is so small in the first place, it was a terrible move and i'm glad most people agree with my stance

I agree with you on a lot of that.

Also, to clarify..in case there's a slight chance of misunderstanding (doesn't seem to be).

When I said "You have some really stupid posts". I'm not referring to you Xanadu, talking in general about the posts in that thread.

Funny story not related to all this other stuff. My daughter played Forza 5 last night. She's only 6 years old and obviously didn't win the race. She did, however, actually finish the race (6 laps). Made her daddy proud.

I probably should have put her in a Fiesta or something....she ended up running the race in a Cobra.

purg3

slept with Malkin
so first tune is up. mk2 gti,
very fast gti, yet with amazing grip and ease of handling.
perfect way for new players to ramp up the AI difficulty, let go of assists and still come first ;)
if you are not getting the full 115% bonus with this car, well, you are never gonna get it at all :D
"C500 stage 2" is the name of tune, gt like gaf name, and I made a livery too

eat this h3rzt! :D

so, bottom line is, that when you see this car online, or even in your single player,
you just know you are going down! :)

Awesome, I'll check it out. I liked your tunes from FM4.

Xanadu

Banned
I agree with you on a lot of that.

Also, to clarify..in case there's a slight chance of misunderstanding (doesn't seem to be).

When I said "You have some really stupid posts". I'm not referring to you Xanadu, talking in general about the posts in that thread.
ah my bad

p3tran

Banned

just get my tune, ramp up AI and no assists => your grind just got a 115% boost, biatch!

I get more than 500.000 per day. and this is with no paint earnings and no tune earnings.
I also play with vw's and audi's and their affinity currently boosts further by 20%

Awesome, I'll check it out. I liked your tunes from FM4.
cheers! I'm thinking I will do some "grind tunes", like "fast & safe" cars to help with getting some dough while progressing the career :D

Top Bottom