• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 5 |OT| Open wheel, tyre squeal, orange peel, dat next-gen feel

Aptos

mine are there but they are not liveried nor can I tell if they have upgrades or is that available once you buy them?

thx

yea also wondering if $20 for VIP is worth the credit boost before I go too far with this... the pack cars don't do much for me

The LE cars should have a different paint job than the standard version of the car (typically black+grey+chrome, with xbox one or fm5 logos) when viewed in the all-cars list. They've been pre-tuned by the devs to be really good for their class, I haven't looked at their upgrades, but I know the vanquish came with an aero package that had a rear spoiler.

The VIP cars don't have anything special about them (other than they aren't available to anyone else).

The Day One cars have a matte dark grey paint job with xbox one and fm5 logos and also have been pre-tuned by the devs.

Mascot

Funny story not related to all this other stuff. My daughter played Forza 5 last night. She's only 6 years old and obviously didn't win the race. She did, however, actually finish the race (6 laps). Made her daddy proud.

I probably should have put her in a Fiesta or something....she ended up running the race in a Cobra.

Bang goes your Drivatar..! :p

Klocker

The LE cars should have a different paint job than the standard version of the car (typically black+grey+chrome, with xbox one or fm5 logos) when viewed in the all-cars list. They've been pre-tuned by the devs to be really good for their class, I haven't looked at their upgrades, but I know the vanquish came with an aero package that had a rear spoiler.

The VIP cars don't have anything special about them (other than they aren't available to anyone else).

The Day One cars have a matte dark grey paint job with xbox one and fm5 logos and also have been pre-tuned by the devs.

thanks well I wonder if day one digital buyers are different then because I wanted to buy LE digital and it wasn't available. I bought day one digital and I have no liveried cars from t10 that are gray... all of the cars in le pack and day one appear to be available to purchase but just the plain versions

I think you mean Berlinetta :p

Got the LaFerrari today as part of the news today that pack and pass owners get it as gift. :)

Cool, thanks for the impressions.

Took it out again in free play and realized the deeeep rumble sound that was there in f4 is not quite there in 5. But it drives exactly as I'd expect, power but quick, steering as good as any gt car in game but get a little frisky and ass end let's go a bit, really one of my favorite driving cars in the game so far

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
had my first in game crash back to dash today. middle of a race on prague too. hope its not reoccurring.

Klocker

Helios confirmed on fm forums, any New purchase of LaFerrari pack (or pass) or vip will get the according gift cars in garage (within 24hrs)

I got Lotus E21 from T10, nice surprise :) I was saving for it and since there is a car sale this weekend (all cars half the price) I might spend my credits on a few other cars I wanted :)

Thanks T10!

T Ghost

What the heck is it with the "AI" in this game?

Every time, and I mean every single time, I break hard into the first corner at the start of a race, cars just crash into the back of me. Then the little triangle exclamation taunts me for the whole race, saying none of these times really count.

I want the drivers to act like drivers, not the people that plague multiplayer playing bumper cars, which is what this game is starting to feel like.

I found out that increasing the Drivatar difficulty makes AI to crash way, way less. Im playing on Expert now and the first turn is not Forzapocalipse anymore.

I found out that increasing the Drivatar difficulty makes AI to crash way, way less. Im playing on Expert now and the first turn is not Forzapocalipse anymore.

Not only that, I've seen some great driving from the Drivatars throughout the race. Difficult but competitive in a fun way. Really enjoying this feature.

Xanadu

Banned
Not only that, I've seen some great driving from the Drivatars throughout the race. Difficult but competitive in a fun way. Really enjoying this feature.

its a shame unbeatable AI arent actually unbeatable, i'd love an option to drive with AI that drive like true professionals. AI has always been too easy in forza

Lima

Just got home from the theater and saw that I got the E21.

Immediately went to the modern grand prix racing league in career.

The first race is at Spa. Holy shit I wanna cry. That is so beautiful. The grip is insane.

Oh god now I want a F1 game from Turn 10. If only...

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
its a shame unbeatable AI arent actually unbeatable, i'd love an option to drive with AI that drive like true professionals. AI has always been too easy in forza

yeah. i wonder if they'll grew into that - or at least just grow into better drivers. isnt that something this learning ai is supposed to do over time?

Xanadu

Banned
yeah. i wonder if they'll grew into that - or at least just grow into better drivers. isnt that something this learning ai is supposed to do over time?

but i think it takes the data from everyone, and obviously 90% of drivers suck

unbeatable should just take data from top 10 leaderboard guys

Half-priced cars this weekend is good news, as are the rest of the tweaks to the overall economy. With that sale coming up, I'm regretting splurging on some shiny new wheels last night, but the free E21 and LaFerrari ought to ease the pain a bit, (thanks T10).

Gonna have to grind those credits for Friday.

Aptos

thanks well I wonder if day one digital buyers are different then because I wanted to buy LE digital and it wasn't available. I bought day one digital and I have no liveried cars from t10 that are gray... all of the cars in le pack and day one appear to be available to purchase but just the plain versions

Yea, it sounds like your game doesn't have the LE or Day One cars. IIRC all of those cars have standard counterparts, it's just the VIP cars that are totally new.

Perhaps someone who bought the day one digital version can comment on why you might not have these cars unlocked. I seem to remember people saying they had to go to the add-ons page for FM5 and download something?

If you're missing stuff check in "games & apps" whether they are sat there pending install, or in the DLC section of Forza on the dashboard - press the options button and choose to install them.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
Is Prague a fantasy track?

Edit: To clarify I mean what is actually taking from? Random bits of the city stitched together?

Yes, it is just a random street circuit with Prague strectched around it.

T10 did try to claim they used 100% real roads when they announced it but dropped that claim the moment people try to match the track map up with reality.

zorbsie

Took the E21 out in career mode. Holy shit this car! The sound is so great, like a hornet's nest of awesome. Can't get enough of it. Such a fantastic ride.

saladine1

Well done Turn 10.
Things heated up quickly and it didn't take long to rectify, short term and hopefully long term.
Good work to all people who stood up for change.

Now, I hope people can settle down again and get into this game. What FM5 does, it does very well. It would be a shame for people to miss out on this experience.
Hopefully, as the months go by, more content and features become common and hopefully, it is delivered in a reasonable manner..

Now, back to kicking p3tran's ass in rivals..

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
If you're missing stuff check in "games & apps" whether they are sat there pending install, or in the DLC section of Forza on the dashboard - press the options button and choose to install them.

I made sure my VIP was installed. Even tried reinstalling it. Hope it gets fixed soon. Want to drive the Lotus :)

I feel like I'm part of the reason why Drivatars are so much fun.
http://sdrv.ms/1aZJSUm

Well... wasn't expecting that. One thing I don't think they took into account for Drivatars is that people drive differently in different modes. When I am playing career, I will drive ruthless and wreck the other AI cars. When I play multiplayer, I drive very carefully not to run into other players. Of course the Drivatar system does not realize that.

saladine1

Damage has been done pretty well.

Totaled my front right hand suspension and realized the car was bobbing and weaving around in that area. Checked in from outside view and sure enough, the right hand suspension was independently fucked(springs/shocks shot) and behaved differently from the rest of the car.
Also, independent brake damage results in pulling in other direction.

These are some nice attention to details..

p3tran

Banned
Now, back to kicking p3tran's ass in rivals..
:) you are a good driver, its just your machinery sucks :ppp

now, whats the deal? I have not gotten the car pass because I am waiting for the all-inclusive uber pass, that will be good for car packs and expansion packs too.

but now, this declaration from t10... I dont understand some things...

a) Am I good to go for car pass right now? with the super pass unannounced yet, maybe the best value for money would be to wait until all passes declared?
b) this weekend free laferrari with the first pack... will this carry over if I make the purchase -lets say- next week (because of "a") , or the laferrari in my garage will happen ONLY if I already have the car pack/pass purchased right now?

who can tell me?

Yes, it is just a random street circuit with Prague strectched around it.

T10 did try to claim they used 100% real roads when they announced it but dropped that claim the moment people try to match the track map up with reality.

Judging from Google street map it looks like the track on one side of the river is somewhat accurate - it's crossing the river that sends it into fantasy land.

Seanspeed

Banned
Hi all,

In our latest Week in Review article we go into detail on some recent economic updates to the game and how they impact on you. I'm sure plenty of you here will find it of interest.

http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/wir_11_27_13
Its nice to appease the core fans, but this basically reeks of an apology and a minor 'get out' ticket for core fans for some of the microtransaction bullshit that's been implemented. You guys are still heavily punishing the more casual Forza fans and that's horrible. Everybody should be able to enjoy this game. Its also going to turn off a lot of people that might be 'kind of' interested. I'm sure you've seen all the topics here rightfully complaining about it.

You guys are basically saying, "We're sorry, we know this sucks, here's a few things that may ease the pain slightly, but we're still not gonna change anything." Maybe its not in your(Turn 10's) control to get rid of this, but I would at least make a major stink to your higher ups at Microsoft that they're heavily damaging this franchise that I'm sure everybody at Turn 10 works their butts off for.

sinnergy

Its nice to appease the core fans, but this basically reeks of an apology and a minor 'get out' ticket for core fans for some of the microtransaction bullshit that's been implemented. You guys are still heavily punishing the more casual Forza fans and that's horrible. Everybody should be able to enjoy this game. Its also going to turn off a lot of people that might be 'kind of' interested. I'm sure you've seen all the topics here rightfully complaining about it.

You guys are basically saying, "We're sorry, we know this sucks, here's a few things that may ease the pain slightly, but we're still not gonna change anything." Maybe its not in your(Turn 10's) control to get rid of this, but I would at least make a major stink to your higher ups at Microsoft that they're heavily damaging this franchise that I'm sure everybody at Turn 10 works their butts off for.

Everything in time, a start had been made.. , I am sure everyone is doing the best they can.

People (companies) make mistakes, it's not about making the mistake but what you do afterwards..

A company as large as Microsoft is often slow and there are many involved, so it can take some time.

Orca

Have you played the game yet?

Nothing personal, but it's driving me nuts how many 'experts' on the Forza economy haven't actually touched the game. The grind hasn't felt any worse than any of the past games, even with the lack of reward cars.

LeBoef

this forum is bitching about casuals all day long and how they have an impact on so called hardcore gamers.
yet forza shows a touch of a hardcore system (i dont think so at all) and this forum
becomes a horde of casuals complaining. tssss tssss

going to get my wheel next week. thats when my party is starting.

this game us awesome but it has some serious problems which are far more important than this token non sense.

saladine1

this forum is bitching about casuals all day long and how they have an impact on so called hardcore gamers.
yet forza shows a touch of a hardcore system (i dont think so at all) and this forum
becomes a horde of casuals complaining. tssss tssss

going to get my wheel next week. thats when my party is starting.

this game us awesome but it has some serious problems which are far more important than this token non sense.

List the problems.

The more glitches, problems, issues..etc are raised, the faster Turn 10 can get cracking on some fixes.

- There's some audio glitches(coming/going audio)
- Perhaps include some mixing options for audio. That's been requested a lot actually.
- Having to go to another menu before quitting
- Race series needs better and detailed descriptions/restrictions info
- Trigger travel could perhaps be tweaked for a more gradual feel. At the moment, from low revs to basically flat out is too quickly reached. Same thing with braking.
- Paint and livery sometimes doesn't save after completing a paint job.
- Being able to change a car and also tune in Rivals menus.

That's some stuff for now.

Seanspeed

Banned
Everything in time, a start had been made.. , I am sure everyone is doing the best they can.

People (companies) make mistakes, it's not about making the mistake but what you do afterwards..

A company as large as Microsoft is often slow and there are many involved, so it can take some time.
It just sounds like they're just going to try and put little bandaids on the gunshot wounds. Go step by step, seeing how little can be done to stop people complaining, but the game is basically forever tarnished with some of the very core facets of this implementation(limited free play cars, no auction house/storefront, no selling cars/upgrades back, no gifting cars, no reward cars etc). If these things start to change, I will say they're making a real, concerted effort to put things right, but I have a feeling Microsoft really wants things to stay like they are.

Have you played the game yet?

Nothing personal, but it's driving me nuts how many 'experts' on the Forza economy haven't actually touched the game. The grind hasn't felt any worse than any of the past games, even with the lack of reward cars.
Well I'm pretty......uh....familiar with Forza, so I have a pretty good idea of how this affects everything. I'm sure you can get by by playing normally still, but you will no doubt have to spend more time and credits to own 'x' amount of cars/upgrades as you would have had to in FM4(assuming all the cars/upgrades are the same). But more to the point, some great features were cut like the auction house and storefront and all cars available in free play and gifting cars, etc that actively detract from the game, even ignoring the economy aspects of it all.

And like I've said in the past, yes, core/regular players are going to be less affected by this. But the more casual players? I think its quite unfair to them. These are the ones that are largely being targeted here. And I think that sucks.

It kinda hurts seeing all this play out like it has. I love Forza. I have hundreds and hundreds of hours invested in this series, going all the way back to the original, and its lousy seeing this series I love being tarnished as it has and seeing all the people justifiably outraged over it everywhere. Its one thing to lack night or weather, but this is more than a deal-breaker for some. Its a slap in the face.

LeBoef

List the problems.

The more glitches, problems, issues..etc are raised, the faster Turn 10 can get cracking on some fixes.

- There's some audio glitches(coming/going audio)
- Perhaps include some mixing options for audio. That's been requested a lot actually.
- Having to go to another menu before quitting
- Race series needs better and detailed descriptions/restrictions info
- Trigger travel could perhaps be tweaked for a more gradual feel. At the moment, from low revs to basically flat out is too quickly reached. Same thing with braking.
- Paint and livery sometimes doesn't save after completing a paint job.
- Being able to change a car and also tune in Rivals menus.

That's some stuff for now.

you already said some:
- audio glitches. so far the fiesta engine has been my worst experience
- race restrictions are unclear. its annoying to start a league, see the cars, get out, buy a car. that leads to...
- ... menu structure forcing you into going rounds
- its nice to go from race to race. but i dont like the fact that i have to load a track to get out for some tuning. they should give you an option after finishing. "go to next race" , "go to menu"
- cant find test drive while tuning
- kinect integration doesnt work for me. cant use my head to look into the corner. i am just able to lean over, which is equal to looking left/ right. doing so changes the sound in a very weird choppy way
- multiplayer is the worst part. no custom lobbies
- hoppers forcing me into driving tracks i dont like. despite the fact that hoppers are always empty
- starting a hopper just brings you back into the menu. you have no clue how long it will take to find a match
- fiat 500 doing stoppies (lol)
- no car damage displayed in a quickview (the damage you have taken)

cant think of any other right now.

one thing i dont get: tyre heat.
if there is no colour in the tyres displayed, does that mean their temperature is right on spot? whats the colour for cold tyres?

btw, i love the triggers settings^^
think best would be to give players an option to set up the sensivity. they will never find the spot everyone likes.

/edit
one more thing. but thats more a game design problem.
you dont get into one special car. eg i started with my beloved golf II. after finishing the first league, you dont have a clue where else you can take it. so i had to get another car instead of tuning the golf farther. i feel like that after every league. that way i dont get any bond to a car at all.
am i the only one experiencing this?

sinnergy

It just sounds like they're just going to try and put little bandaids on the gunshot wounds. Go step by step, seeing how little can be done to stop people complaining, but the game is basically forever tarnished with some of the very core facets of this implementation(limited free play cars, no auction house/storefront, no selling cars/upgrades back, no gifting cars, no reward cars etc). If these things start to change, I will say they're making a real, concerted effort to put things right, but I have a feeling Microsoft really wants things to stay like they are.

Well I'm pretty......uh....familiar with Forza, so I have a pretty good idea of how this affects everything. I'm sure you can get by by playing normally still, but you will no doubt have to spend more time and credits to own 'x' amount of cars/upgrades as you would have had to in FM4(assuming all the cars/upgrades are the same). But more to the point, some great features were cut like the auction house and storefront and all cars available in free play and gifting cars, etc that actively detract from the game, even ignoring the economy aspects of it all.

And like I've said in the past, yes, core/regular players are going to be less affected by this. But the more casual players? I think its quite unfair to them. These are the ones that are largely being targeted here. And I think that sucks.

It kinda hurts seeing all this play out like it has. I love Forza. I have hundreds and hundreds of hours invested in this series, going all the way back to the original, and its lousy seeing this series I love being tarnished as it has and seeing all the people justifiably outraged over it everywhere. Its one thing to lack night or weather, but this is more than a deal-breaker for some. Its a slap in the face.

I don't know.. don't work there sometimes things just don't work out... Don't know if they are doing as little as possible.. it might seem this way to outsiders, seems pretty harsh thing to say imo

It's always easy to say these things if you are not involved, and don't know all the facts and all the things that happened. (like ms demanding that Forza should be ready for launch, who knows, or not..)

But that they made mistakes, well that's a fact.

And in bringing back these features, won't be ready overnight.. Just shouting empty words into the air, guys we will add those features also won't work, if you can't deliver..

Like I said these things will take time.. that's a shame.

saladine1

you already said some:
- audio glitches. so far the fiesta engine has been my worst experience
- race restrictions are unclear. its annoying to start a league, see the cars, get out, buy a car. that leads to...
- ... menu structure forcing you into going rounds
- its nice to go from race to race. but i dont like the fact that i have to load a track to get out for some tuning. they should give you an option after finishing. "go to next race" , "go to menu"
- cant find test drive while tuning
- kinect integration doesnt work for me. cant use my head to look into the corner. i am just able to lean over, which is equal to looking left/ right. doing so changes the sound in a very weird choppy way
- multiplayer is the worst part. no custom lobbies
- hoppers forcing me into driving tracks i dont like. despite the fact that hoppers are always empty
- starting a hopper just brings you back into the menu. you have no clue how long it will take to find a match
- fiat 500 doing stoppies (lol)
- no car damage displayed in a quickview (the damage you have taken)

cant think of any other right now.

one thing i dont get: tyre heat.
if there is no colour in the tyres displayed, does that mean their temperature is right on spot? whats the colour for cold tyres?

btw, i love the triggers settings^^
think best would be to give players an option to set up the sensivity. they will never find the spot everyone likes.

/edit
one more thing. but thats more a game design problem.
you dont get into one special car. eg i started with my beloved golf II. after finishing the first league, you dont have a clue where else you can take it. so i had to get another car instead of tuning the golf farther. i feel like that after every league. that way i dont get any bond to a car at all.
am i the only one experiencing this?

Yeah, the tyre heat indication is a little confusing. Why not stick to the way it was in FM4?

Also agree on every other point especially on your last statement..

Top Bottom