• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 5 |OT| Open wheel, tyre squeal, orange peel, dat next-gen feel

AW YYIIISS

Wouldn't be surprised if Microsoft resets the gamerscore for abusing this glitch. The car specific achievements can all be done in Free Play Mode, except maybe the "drive with your own 10 Ferraris" one.

This is going to be the first thing they patch.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
i just saw the cheevo for factory legend. affinity level 25 for 8 different manufacturers. that is going to take forever! its pretty clear that turn 10 really wanted to extend the legs of the game and truly have major events to work towards. probably why the in game economy has been skewed to make big purchases truly big purchases. naw, its all a scheme to get me to spend 100's in in game tokens.

Youtube not working for me today for some reason...can someone explain or is it too complex??

I'll give it a go .

Enter Free Mode > Car Select Screen > Rent a Car > Select any rental car > Go back to select screen > Go to Buy Car > Pick the car you want e.g Lotus E21 > Go through buying procedure until you get 'insufficient funds' > Back out to select screen > E21 (or whatever car you've picked) should now be in the rental box > Enjoy ( until M$ patches this)

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Is there any way to use custom music with this game? The selected music really isn't doing much for me. :\

Seanspeed

Banned
you dont need to do this any more! now, when you beat a rival, the game selects a new rival for you and you can continue racing. though, come to think of it, your credits rewards likely don't stack, so maybe to maximize cash you should still do it the slow way... needs further testing.
Yea, I'd figure that out first or you could be throwing a lot of money down the drain!

Is the amount related to how high up the leaderboard they are?
Yes. Typically you'll need to be somewhat decent to get the bigger payouts, but once you are, you can make TONS of money quite easily by not going as fast as you can and trying to milk every rival possible til you start hitting your limits.

Klocker

Sweet thanks guys i got it...yes f1 is ungodly and corvette -R. Oh my... and yes achievements pop up with these so probably patch. :(

Also I got three gift cars last night not day one. Dont know what they were for, no P1 :(

@ Seanspeed. Yep, Rivals was/is a great way to milk credits and get better at hot lapping.Also great fun beating your friends. I would suggest to people to hold off for a while, because if it's the same system as FM4, the more people that put down a time in rivals, the easier it is to earn the big payouts. Hitting your limits while the rival event is unpopulated will severely restrict your revenue stream.

edit: @ Klocker, damn the achievments :-( At least you've got have a go anyway.

saladine1

..."Additional optimization and fine tuning of TX Force Feedback Effects and rotation angle with Forza Motorsport 5 will be included in Forza Motorsport 5 second update scheduled mid-December.....

So mid December huh..
Interesting to see what other inclusions will be made in this update..

Seanspeed

Banned
@ Seanspeed. Yep, Rivals was/is a great way to milk credits and get better at hot lapping.Also great fun beating your friends. I would suggest to people to hold off for a while, because if it's the same system as FM4, the more people that put down a time in rivals, the easier it is to earn the big payouts. Hitting your limits while the rival event is unpopulated will severely restrict your revenue stream.
Very good point.

ElementJJ

Banned

edit: @ Klocker, damn the achievments :-( At least you've got have a go anyway.

I had so much fun with Rivals, i pretty much bought a Gold subscription for it once mine expired because i missed it a lot.

The real, biggest issue:

Finding a great tune that fits perfectly but the tuner used dumb garbage looking chrome rims. WTF is wrong with people. I can't go out turning laps with these shoes on no matter how fast.

jms493

Neo Member
The real, biggest issue:

Finding a great tune that fits perfectly but the tuner used dumb garbage looking chrome rims. WTF is wrong with people. I can't go out turning laps with these shoes on no matter how fast.

You mean like this...BLING BLING!

GetPhoto.ashx

They already removed information about the glitch and video links on the official forums. Yet there is still no word about the missing rewards and the false advertising of the LCE.

Priorities.

The real, biggest issue:

Lol, how true.

But.

Is it really the tuner's fault that the only option they have to reduce PI by 1 or 2 points is putting on those hideous wheels?
Perhaps if T10 gave a better selection of heavier wheels, or allowed you to change the rim size of the manufacture wheels, or even go back to the FM2 system where different race tyres had different PI.
I'm sure most tuners hate putting on 21inch Lexani's or Dubs. (shudders)

Yes. Typically you'll need to be somewhat decent to get the bigger payouts, but once you are, you can make TONS of money quite easily by not going as fast as you can and trying to milk every rival possible til you start hitting your limits.

I probably won't be able to use this as a moneyspinner then. I'm pretty good, but not that good - more of a top 20% player.

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=E806DD4431F56E26!1354

Good to know that crazy lag glitching is still in multiplayer.

Dat cloud / dedicated servers.

Seriously, they need better ghosting. It's fucking annoying when these fuckers fly around lagging in front and behind you and then they'll unghost from behind and fly right through you making you go flying. Makes me want to legit break the controller. This happened to me 3 times on FM4 last week. Made my custom decaled Lambo Cuntstache (spelled intentionally) and it was getting wrecked.

You mean like this...BLING BLING!

GetPhoto.ashx

The lighting on these homespace shots are too good.

flashmouth

Neo Member

So it is not just the rank of the rival you beat, but also the amount of people on thec ertain leaderboard?
That would explain, why I got only 5.000cr for Top 30 time, there were only 1.014 players listed.

So mid December huh..
Interesting to see what other inclusions will be made in this update..

Allowing us to sell back cars and parts again would be a nice start. Of all the head-scratching omissions, that one seems like it would be easy enough to patch. Losing the manufacturer affinity discount on parts is bad enough, but not being able to get half your credits back for parts and cars you no longer want is bullshit.

Also, not being able to test drive any car in free play mode leaves you with no way to see if your next purchase might be a waste of your hard-earned credits. Either officially address this in an update, please, or at the very least, leave the current glitch/workaround as is.

Devildoll

So it is not just the rank of the rival you beat, but also the amount of people on thec ertain leaderboard?
That would explain, why I got only 5.000cr for Top 30 time, there were only 1.014 players listed.

I thought it depended on which percentile you got in.
top 1 % top 5 % etc.

but top 30 of 1000 is obviously 1%

top 3% but, yeah i think you got more than 5k for that in the prior games. so i guess they take #players into account as well.

Klocker

I thought it depended on which percentile you got in.
top 1 % top 5 % etc.

but top 30 of 1000 is obviously 1%

top 3% but, yeah i think you got more than 5k for that in the prior games. so i guess they take #players into account as well.
I don't think they even make the % distinction in F5. At least it is no longer visible

SlinkyFriend

Neo Member
Is anyone else having trouble playing a match online? Every time I try to join a game it tells me it's unable to join. Or am I probably doing something wrong?

Drift challenge seems somewhat broken in multiplayer. It's still lap based, so ppl bring in X classes and just treat it like a race. People trying to drift get DNFs and never finish.

Phreaker

This has probably been brought up, but what makes me mad is the fact that I bought the LE because I thought I'd be able to buy the best car in the game instantly. That's what the details said, but that is simply not the case. Unless, I've totally gotten it wrong.

"1,250 car tokens that will allow LE owners instant access to any car in the game"

Really? How?

shandy706

This has probably been brought up, but what makes me mad is the fact that I bought the LE because I thought I'd be able to buy the best car in the game instantly. That's what the details said, but that is simply not the case. Unless, I've totally gotten it wrong.

"1,250 car tokens that will allow LE owners instant access to any car in the game"

Really? How?

The only way that's possible is if they added an extra 0 to all the cars cost (or some of the cars cost)

Maybe that 10,000 token car was supposed to be a 1,000 token car?!

flashmouth

Neo Member
I just learned that as a owner of the standard version I only get 15.750Cr per driver level increase, while LE owners (VIPs) get double. Wow, just wow.

The whole time when I was reading posts like "you only get 31.500cr per level" I wondered which level they meant, lol. Must have been VIPs talking, I really thought my savegame was broken.

Seriously, all the fun I'm having playing the game with this really great physics, there's voices in the back of my head asking why I keep playing and supporting. The whole game is designed to make you pay from anger or frustration. I know it's just a minor issue, but this really fucked me up.

Can't afford the car with credits? Just use your real money.
Not enough time to grind? Insert Credit Card informatio here.
Wanna have what the others got? Spend some more money on the LE.

Next thing DLC and incoming trackpacks. Man, I'm so sick of all this decision that were made. Hope they listen and get it right with the next game. It's as much fun as it is disgusting.

The LE giving you double xp and rewards was a big press of my alert button, the IAP token stuff alone is enough to not want me to continue buying forza games.

The token system has been in forza 4 and horizon but it was an optional extra or aid, those games still played like a full fledged game, this however has become a freemium sort of ordeal and it sucks.

It's a shame because I have every forza game up to now and apart from forza 1, all of them are LE versions.

Still confused about the LE cars. They're just skins or do you have to buy both the DLC version and the LE version? Just seems absurd that you don't get them off the bat, not to mention they flat out lied about being able to unlock any car :/ How do I even see what DLC cars I can buy with credits? They all seem to be lumped in together making it so that that every one I've picked so far belongs to the season pass.

Edit: Hell, look at what pre-ordering GT6 gets you. 25 great cars off the bat. I paid 20 extra for the honor of being able to buy all these cars? Although I suppose the double XP is nice but also gross. Just a shame as the game really is incredible, great driving and the rumble triggers really are the most fun I've had with a racing game on the controller.

Afro

the game really, really needs searchable custom lobbies. 90% of the Class A hoppers I join end up being a 1v1. i realize the community is pretty much nonexistent b/c of the new gen, but still.

edit: the hoppers seem to be fixed

Aptos

Still confused about the LE cars. They're just skins or do you have to buy both the DLC version and the LE version? Just seems absurd that you don't get them off the bat, not to mention they flat out lied about being able to unlock any car :/ How do I even see what DLC cars I can buy with credits? They all seem to be lumped in together making it so that that every one I've picked so far belongs to the season pass.

Edit: Hell, look at what pre-ordering GT6 gets you. 25 great cars off the bat. I paid 20 extra for the honor of being able to buy all these cars? Although I suppose the double XP is nice but also gross. Just a shame as the game really is incredible, great driving and the rumble triggers really are the most fun I've had with a racing game on the controller.

I'm pretty sure both the LE and Day One cars are tuned to be really good out-of-the-box (I was kicking butt with the LE Vanquish), and they also have special liveries that, IMO, look pretty good.

If you go to your garage, you can select a 'buy cars' option that will give you a list of all the cars in the game and their prices (in CR and Tokens). You can sort that list to find the LE cars by year/name (no way to group all the LE or Day One cars together as far as I know). There's also the DLC cars (LaFerrari car pack), and they're marked with a DLC banner.

The unlocking a car versus owning a car in your garage distinction can be a bit confusing. Although you also should have got 1350 Tokens from the LE, which you can use to buy the LE cars (not sure if 1350 covers all of them).

I would really like to know a sincere opinion from Turn10 about Forza 5, the horrible monetization, the launch rush and some weird choices (no custom lobbies again?) have damaged a 90+ franchise into a 82% , not only that, its taking huge bad press because of the monetization.

Its really sad to see and I feel like punching someone in the face to do this to the best racing franchise, especially after seeying that the rest of the game is quite solid.

Game must be doing pretty well. I just finished a race pretty decently and it put me as the 126,000 best on the leaderboard.

Just saw that there are 233k people on the leaderboards.

I would really like to know a sincere opinion from Turn10 about Forza 5, the horrible monetization, the launch rush and some weird choices (no custom lobbies again?) have damaged a 90+ franchise into a 82% , not only that, its taking huge bad press because of the monetization.

Its really sad to see and I feel like punching someone in the face to do this to the best racing franchise, especially after seeying that the rest of the game is quite solid.

I didn't expect much from this iteration of the franchise but I am having a lot of fun with it. As a launch game I had a funny feeling it would end up getting rushed to market. My issue is far less with the monetization, just the general lack of content, especially in the track department.

I'm not feeling the grind as others have mentioned. It's a lot of fun to play but it doesn't live up to the best of the series.

The image of the franchise hasn't been tarnished for me. I expect a lot better next time though.

Klocker

Do our drivatars only earn money and race in friend's games? Or do they go randomly into all games?

I had 36 faces one night and 6 the next.

T Ghost

Did anybody else got the VIP gift cars?

I got three gifts from Turn 10 yesterday:

• Audi RS7 Sportback
  • Ferrari F12berlinetta
  • Ford Fiesta ST

The Ferrari is worth 380k credits, the Audi 110k and the Fiesta 24k.

In love with my free Ferrari!

Top Bottom