• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 5 |OT| Open wheel, tyre squeal, orange peel, dat next-gen feel

Marco1

Been playing this all day and loving it.
It plays and looks like a launch game and I'm impressed with what they've done but I see it like Forza6 prologue and it's a shame that the price of the game and dlc is so high.
I look forward to forza horizon 2.

It has increased the payouts for levelling up for both regular and VIP types. Regulars now get something like the VIPs got previously - around 30K. VIPs now get 70K.

zorbsie

OK fellas here is the updated list for league racing:
zorbsie
KaYotiX
op_ivy
Munish23
CrudeDiatribe
BIGT468
SarBear
Kysel
Drugstore_Cowboy
Soundscream
Spottiettiedop
Soggy Naan
Spaceman Spiff
G Rom
p3tran
StUnNeR H2K

Good number of people. Looking to start this in the new year. Let me know if there is a specific car/race type you want to include in the mix.

_DrMario_

Wasn't the economy update going to increase payouts also? Seems the same..

I was going to ask about that. I just started playing again since the patch went live and I'm only getting more credits on level up, not after races. And I'm pretty sure they said they were going to increase that.

edit: I guess not: A player using average difficulty settings will see approximately a 60 percent increase in credits earned per hour - a number that can be further increased by upping the difficulty settings.

I thought they meant that because of increases in race winnings but they only meant that in relations to the increase on lvl up... lame.

saladine1

zorbsie
KaYotiX
op_ivy
Munish23
CrudeDiatribe
BIGT468
SarBear
Kysel
Drugstore_Cowboy
Soundscream
Spottiettiedop
Soggy Naan
Spaceman Spiff
G Rom
p3tran
StUnNeR H2K

Good number of people. Looking to start this in the new year. Let me know if there is a specific car/race type you want to include in the mix.

Would be a little hard for me seeing how I'm from another planet, but who knows..

GT: V8 big blok

Hawk269

Would any of you take 2 less cars on the track for improved AA? As much as I love the game and I think it looks great, the one thing that every Forza game has had issues with is AA. As good as everything looks in the game, the jaggies hurt the image quality. It is not terrible, but pretty apparent. I would gladly sacrifice 2 less cars in the field for improved AA.

I am sure they could do it without taking 2 cars out as now that they had a little more time with the hardware, I am sure that a IQ patch to clean up the jaggies could be done without sacrificing cars or frame rate.

Levi

Banned
refresh the page a bunch of times

worked on the 5th try

Thanks. I eventually got it to work!! Been holding off on playing until the economy patch, so I'm psyched to finally get seriously into this. Been a GT guy in the past, but I really wanted a next gen racer for launch, and Drive Club was delayed.

Would any of you take 2 less cars on the track for improved AA? As much as I love the game and I think it looks great, the one thing that every Forza game has had issues with is AA. As good as everything looks in the game, the jaggies hurt the image quality. It is not terrible, but pretty apparent. I would gladly sacrifice 2 less cars in the field for improved AA.

I am sure they could do it without taking 2 cars out as now that they had a little more time with the hardware, I am sure that a IQ patch to clean up the jaggies could be done without sacrificing cars or frame rate.

I wouldn't. But I tell you something I would like - none important though it is. In Forza 4 if you were doing hotlapping there were no crowds at the tracks. After all why would they turn up to watch some twit hotlap a Ford Sierra. I wish that feature was still in.

Krilekk

Banned

I'm not even seeing any AA outside of the prerace shots (and only on some cars) and I'm running the game in 720p. And I don't think two less cars would change anything, fifty meters from you the LOD goes to maybe 5.000 polygons per car. For really good FSAA you'd need to get rid of half the cars.

I only notice it in pre race and only sometimes. I have one of those setups that doesn't have an issue or I have amazing focus and don't notice it because I'm focusing on the track.

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
I was going to ask about that. I just started playing again since the patch went live and I'm only getting more credits on level up, not after races. And I'm pretty sure they said they were going to increase that.

edit: I guess not: A player using average difficulty settings will see approximately a 60 percent increase in credits earned per hour - a number that can be further increased by upping the difficulty settings.

I thought they meant that because of increases in race winnings but they only meant that in relations to the increase on lvl up... lame.

That's really great when I'm currently 70. Pretty dumb.

Krilekk

Banned
I only notice it in pre race and only sometimes. I have one of those setups that doesn't have an issue or I have amazing focus and don't notice it because I'm focusing on the track.

I think most aliasing issues come from people running games with overscan. The only X1 title has has really visible aliasing is Dead Rising 3.

Redshirt

Banned
Maybe easier said than done, but they really should have paid everyone the credit difference (old vs. new economy) for level-ups retroactively.

saladine1

I've noticed that the tuning descriptions have changed. It seems a little more detailed than before.

Oh and the 09 ZR1 Corvette sounds like an absolute beast. The engine cover visibly shaking is a nice touch too..

Krilekk

Banned
Exactly. Each level gets harder (I think?), so I missed all them easy credits.

Each level up needs 14.000 XP or 15.000 XP, it always stays the same. And right now driver level seems to max out at 999. So overall you can get around 70 million CR from levelups as a VIP and 35 million for regular users. That's not exactly a lot to begin with. For example there's a badge that rewards you for a garage of cars worth 50 million CR. That will still take some time. Especially so if you're mainly racing online. You get about 5.000 XP and 7.000 CR per race if you're good. A race with the time in lobbies and after the race tends to take about eight minutes ( 20 second voting, 1 minute break, 15 second start, 45 second loading time, 5 minute race, thirty second race finish, twenty second post race stats). So you can make 49.000 CR by racing and additional 160.000 CR/80.000 CR for levelups. Still takes ten hours of nonstop racing and no spending to buy the most expensive cars. IMO they should've just doubled race payouts and for multiplayer they should pay out depending on number of players in a race.

Marco1

I have had an issue were the first video with clarkson speaking, at times the video is garbled and looks like a video being put on fast forward.
Anyone else have this happen?

jcutner

Did the 45% off cars patch kick in yet? i want to buy some but i can't remember if they used to be more expensive or if this *is* the discount

Krilekk

Banned
Did the 45% off cars patch kick in yet? i want to buy some but i can't remember if they used to be more expensive or if this *is* the discount

Not all cars got reduced, pretty much only the expensive ones. If the Lotus costs 2 million you have the new prices.

Ambient80

Is there some magic formula for determining where you start in a race? I'm doing Open Play or whatever trying to get my 50 golds for the challenge. Earlier today I started in the first row on every race. Now I'm starting at the very back. I have changed nothing on my car, the difficulty, or anything. Did I do something wrong? How is this determined?

Meelapo

Neo Member
I'm super dumb when it comes to tuning cars and I prefer others to do that for me. In Forza 4 I remember there was a menu where I could buy tunings set ups. Where is this in Forza 5? All I can track down is the design store.

D-Stubbs

Bought an Xbox One yesterday and got this to go along with it. Loving it so far. The fact you race against how your friends drive with the drivatars is cool, makes the races feel fun and competitive. Got into a multiplayer game last night too with a good group of guys, we raced each other clean but it was still some good hard racing. Overall been really enjoying this game.

Muerte_X

zorbsie
KaYotiX
op_ivy
Munish23
CrudeDiatribe
BIGT468
SarBear
Kysel
Drugstore_Cowboy
Soundscream
Spottiettiedop
Soggy Naan
Spaceman Spiff
G Rom
p3tran
StUnNeR H2K

Add me please, sounds like a good time. Muerte X

Video of an Audi R8 V10 racing side by side in real Silverstone vs Forza.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ht59WR-q6A0

Silly comparison. They should have gotten a wheel. Though, because I'm bitter, I will complain that it's the lack of compatibility that caused the issue.

Seriously though. It's like when Clarkson used GT4 on PS2 without a wheel. Especially now that FM and GT have improved so much, not doing it on a wheel is a disservice.

There are plenty. Third choice is metallic flake. You color base and flake independently. Further down you have chrome in various colors.

Not as many as previous Forzas, not that I mind I tend to stick with the regulars.

Edit: Oh for Fanatec owners I was on the cronusmax board and saw this
CSR FANATEC and Logitech G27 will added , Don't know when So please don't ask everyday , Its on the to due list

Who knows if or how well it will work, but at least there is hope.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wZM4Nw7Jb4

guy got his MS wheel to work, no FF yet

Xanadu

Banned
Silly comparison. They should have gotten a wheel. Though, because I'm bitter, I will complain that it's the lack of compatibility that caused the issue.

Seriously though. It's like when Clarkson used GT4 on PS2 without a wheel. Especially now that FM and GT have improved so much, not doing it on a wheel is a disservice.

these comparisons never work anyway as they always suck at the game

Mascot

http://youtu.be/vLvMTpjJT4E

We did a comparison video this weekend, from Forza 1 through Forza 5.

The car and tracks are the same on all versions: A Nissan Skyline GTR running in Silverstone.

Its amazing to see how the series has improved.

Interesting video. I don't know if it's the cloudy conditions, that particular circuit, the video capture or what, but the lighting in 1 and 2 looks leagues better than that in 3 and 4 in this video. I prefer 2 to 5 in this video as well. Weird.

Interesting video. I don't know if it's the cloudy conditions, that particular circuit, the video capture or what, but the lighting in 1 and 2 looks leagues better than that in 3 and 4 in this video. I prefer 2 to 5 in this video as well. Weird.

3 and 4 were when they started ramping up the contrast and HDR while removing the colour and nice skyboxes.

5 is a huge improvement. Looks great but the default fov is still too wide for my liking and too much cockpit in the cockpit view.

F2 had the best camera views.

Top Bottom