• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 5 |OT| Open wheel, tyre squeal, orange peel, dat next-gen feel

Hi there!

I'm very sure, those of you who love F1 and/or the movie Rush, know that Hunt's McLaren is...wrong.

11519427564_acd2623a39_o.jpg

Obviously there isn't any tobacco reference on the car, but that was unavoidable. The problem is, the whole thing is wrong...the colors are wrong. The logos are wrong. The shapes are wrong. ALL of it is wrong...so I made justice to this car once and for all:

11519519653_48821abde7_o.jpg

11519519173_d5dd979a7b_o.jpg

11519487806_dff8e5bb09_o.jpg

11519488426_8b6b5327a3_o.jpg

11519488616_ecf721ae19_o.jpg

Oh, I know what are you thinking...what about the tall airbox version?

I've got you covered, don't worry:

11519517323_51928c23fa_o.jpg

Both versions are available now :)

Just search for my GT: JorgePinto.

You'll find the correct version of the Dodge Viper GTS ACR as well. A better one. With correct-sized stripes, and with its feature color, blue.

I hope you like it!

Klocker

Why are there no metallic paints in the paint shop?
it took me until yesterday to figure this out. I was being impatient and never noticed.

go to specialty colors and select the bright green metallic paint and use x and y buttons to adjust all color combinations by hand

Raudi

Hi there!

I'm very sure, those of you who love F1 and/or the movie Rush, know that Hunt's McLaren is...wrong.

11519519173_d5dd979a7b_o.jpg

Obviously there isn't any tobacco reference on the car, but that was unavoidable. The problem is, the whole thing is wrong...the colors are wrong. The logos are wrong. The shapes are wrong. ALL of it is wrong...so I made justice to this car once and for all:

Just search for my GT: JorgePinto.

You'll find the correct version of the Dodge Viper GTS ACR as well. A better one. With correct-sized stripes, and with its feature color, blue.

I hope you like it!

Excellent job on the James Hunt Replica!

I'm logging on now to add this one to my collection

Great work there Jorge. Gonna pick that up for sure.

Mascot said:
Man, a Goodyear logo on the sidewalls would make a world of difference.

Yes and ditch the dwarf driver.

the chase cam was perfect in 2, its a shame they butchered it with 3, it has slowly started getting better though

Yeah all views were great, loved driving in F2's bumper cam back then, it was the perfect height and closely resembled GT's.

Thanks a lot, everyone! Glad to see the good response.

And yup, it's a shame we still don't get manufacturers logos on the tyres...in some cases it hurts a lot, like this one.

The E21 too, I can't see a modern day F1 car without "Pirelli P Zero" on the tyres...

vgBR.com

Banned
Interesting video. I don't know if it's the cloudy conditions, that particular circuit, the video capture or what, but the lighting in 1 and 2 looks leagues better than that in 3 and 4 in this video. I prefer 2 to 5 in this video as well. Weird.
Youtube compression does impact on the video, even if we uploaded a 25mb/s quality video.

Plus, the 30FPS limit takes some of the shine away. But I'll agree with you that it's strange what they did with Silverstone on Forza 5... this track is under a cloudy day.

Waste of opportunity since it looks worse than it could be it the game had this track on a sunny setting like the other Forza titles.

I like Forza 3 and 4 better on this stage. Despite the 60 FPS, Forza 2 looks very much like 1 on HD (even the same models).

Xanadu

Banned
Youtube compression does impact on the video, even if we uploaded a 25mb/s quality video.

Plus, the 30FPS limit takes some of the shine away. But I'll agree with you that it's strange what they did with Silverstone on Forza 5... this track is under a cloudy day.

Waste of opportunity since it looks worse than it could be it the game had this track on a sunny setting like the other Forza titles.

I like Forza 3 and 4 better on this stage. Despite the 60 FPS, Forza 2 looks very much like 1 on HD (even the same models).

3 uses the same models too, only 4 did they use higher models in game (only on hotlap though)

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
those are beautiful.

question for forzagaf: i'm now a driver level 128 and up until today i have seen maaaaybe 1 or 2 cracked front windshields in all of my time with the game. today though? virtually every time a car so much as sneezed on me my front windshield would crack. this happened nearly every race i participated in today (15+) and became quite comical. anyone else experience a dramatic increase in the use of cheap glass in the world of forza?

op_ivy

how does the game distinguish between a "good" and a "perfect pass"?

Only 14 different venues? Some tracks have variations within the track, but it's the same venue nonetheless. Drivatar stuff is cool. The gameplay and feel of the game are cool, but I'm really disappointed that there's so few venues included with the game. I'm guessing DLC will "solve" this problem. Does anyone have any further information? I haven't looked into the current DLC packs at all. I'm just a little bummed that I'm racing the same tracks over and over again.

op_ivy

Only 14 different venues? Some tracks have variations within the track, but it's the same venue nonetheless. Drivatar stuff is cool. The gameplay and feel of the game are cool, but I'm really disappointed that there's so few venues included with the game. I'm guessing DLC will "solve" this problem. Does anyone have any further information? I haven't looked into the current DLC packs at all. I'm just a little bummed that I'm racing the same tracks over and over again.

there are other tracks that have been scanned that are missing from the current roster that are assumed to make it in fm5 as DLC: monza, long beach, pacific raceways, and nurburgring (this last was also mentioned in an article as coming january).

and there was this

op_ivy

wait, didnt badned say they announce how to get those 5 "unicorn" cars soon? reading the last sentence from the above pic, possibly related to the super pass? announcement soon?

jcutner

Has anyone noticed how shitty the textures are when your car goes into Ghost mode during MP? The Steering Wheel turns into something from the playstation 1 era - what the heck is that about?

Has anyone noticed how shitty the textures are when your car goes into Ghost mode during MP? The Steering Wheel turns into something from the playstation 1 era - what the heck is that about?

In Forza 4 the ghost car caused a frame rate drop and that's the only time I've ever seen less than 60, maybe they scaled back to stop it happening.

Timu

Amazing. I don't know how much work is involved, but now you have to do one for all tracks.
It's definitely easier said than done from my experience, lol, I'll see what I can do. Some are really, really difficult to do with those road blocks, guard rails and such.

zorbsie

You guys get power yet man?

Power is back for me but my folks are still in the dark. 33 hours with no power got the house down to 10 degrees Celsius. Folks called to say after 48 hours their house is down to 2 degrees. Crazy.

Back to Forza.
Going to have to put a cap on league entries. We are over the 16 player limit, but I'm sure we'll have times where people can't make it. Here is the list:

zorbsie
KaYotiX
op_ivy
Munish23
CrudeDiatribe
BIGT468
SarBear
Kysel
Drugstore_Cowboy
Soundscream
Spottiettiedop
Soggy Naan
Spaceman Spiff
G Rom
p3tran
StUnNeR H2K
saladine1
Neifirst
Muerte_X
Gowans
Sirolf

Thinking first race weekend should be Jan 5th. It's a Sunday. Not sure about the time though. Any suggestions/concerns?

Marco1

thats because its the same model in 2 and 3

It's something I wonder if they'll ever fix.
Loving the physics of this game, I just wish they had another couple of months to finish it.
There's no way T10 can be happy with what they were probably forced to put out.

Power is back for me but my folks are still in the dark. 33 hours with no power got the house down to 10 degrees Celsius. Folks called to say after 48 hours their house is down to 2 degrees. Crazy.

Damn man, that is crazy. Glad you are doing better and let's hope your folks get some power soon before it gets too dire.

saladine1

For the first time, I've had to adjust alignment after a ride height adjustment because of stability issues.

I've never really needed to adjust camber,caster or toe after lowering a car. Stability was always maintained. However, my Datsun 1600 was wandering after slamming the car extremely low. Just couldn't keep it straight. I've never had this problem before with any car after lowering.
Usually, when you lower the rear end of the car, caster angle tends to become negative. To combat this, a positive adjustment is needed and also some toe in.

This is exactly what I did and lo and behold, a stable car is the result.

I wonder if this is a bug with the Datsun itself or if it's a result of Turn 10's tweaked suspension model..?

Klocker

For the first time, I've had to adjust alignment after a ride height adjustment because of stability issues.

I've never really needed to adjust camber,caster or toe after lowering a car. Stability was always maintained. However, my Datsun 1600 was wandering after slamming the car extremely low. Just couldn't keep it straight. I've never had this problem before with any car after lowering.
Usually, when you lower the rear end of the car, caster angle tends to become negative. To combat this, a positive adjustment is needed and also some toe in.

I wonder if this is a bug with the Datsun itself or if it's a result of Turn 10's tweaked suspension model..?

man I wish I understood exactly what you are saying. I'd probably figure how to properly tune my cars. lol

frontieruk

Not happened with any other tunes in F5 you've made?

saladine1

Not happened with any other tunes in F5 you've made?

No, not that i've noticed.

The first thing I usually do when testing and tuning is play around with ride height. I tend to look for as much mechanical grip as I can through this method(including rake) before venturing into sway-bars and springs/dampers.

This is the only car I've found(so far) that wanders on the track after lowering the car.

'60s GT cars at Le Mans, Sebring, or Spa
Trans Am at Leguna Seca
Modern GTs
BRZ spec race

These all sound good to me.

Multi-class racing with LMPs and GTs was great fun in FM4, so it's a shame the selection is so limited in FM5. I'm having a hard time understanding why this is the case because, with the exception of the 908, none of the racing sports cars are in full FV spec; if all they're doing is adding opening doors, you'd have thought there would be more models to choose from. There are hints of more prototypes and GTs coming, so multi-class ought to be fun to race later on.

For now, either Trans-Am or GT86/BRZ, both at C500, seem like the best way to start.

jim2011

Are the x million forza reward opportunities really going to expire at the end of the month? I'm 400 points away from level 3

Anion

I had got the same issue with my 458 Italina after I used the ForzaTune app for F4. I ended up raising the car, which lessened the use lack of stability. Im going to try what you mentioned

Top Bottom