• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 5 |OT| Open wheel, tyre squeal, orange peel, dat next-gen feel

Marco1

I did a full reinstall of the game and update to see if it would fix the chrome and gold special paint bug but it didn't work.
I know it doesn't affect everyone but maybe just disc users.

jem0208

My controller is almost out of battery so the rumble motors are off. Damn the triggers are awesome. The game just doesn't feel as good without them.

Bradf50

I've had the game for two days, enjoying the physics & gameplay so far. However I've had multiple crashes in multiplayer races, in the menus etc. It's really let down by the fact it's attached to this disappointment known as the Xbox One. The dashboard is retarded, for example it brings the One Guide up mid online race while I'm in first or the fact its so damn hard to party up. Anyway really enjoying the game so far. Sorry for the rant, just peeved off because it crashed on me. Anyway, hope you all had a nice Christmas!

Krilekk

Banned
Currently I'm only grinding credits to buy more cars to add more liveries. 600k/hour is what I manage. 10 minute race gives me 35k plus a new level.

BoomBap

Neo Member
I really want this game but I don't want to have to buy a Xbone just to play it. Told myself I was going PS4 only this gen but forza is really tempting me.

Considering holding off on a wheel for now. I might instead invest in a gaming PC, and just wait for Fanatec to release something.

Thrustmaster wheel is alright, with a better rim you'll feel at home instantly. Pedals I can't get used to, I suppose if you spent long enough playing to forget how a load cell feels they'd be ok.

Thrustmaster wheel is alright, with a better rim you'll feel at home instantly. Pedals I can't get used to, I suppose if you spent long enough playing to forget how a load cell feels they'd be ok.

I know that a new rim would be part of the purchase, and then the eventual shifter and pedals. So the cost is just shooting up, and I think I can wait for Fanatec.

Mascot

I know that a new rim would be part of the purchase, and then the eventual shifter and pedals. So the cost is just shooting up, and I think I can wait for Fanatec.
I'm waiting for a dongle for my existing Fanatec cockpit. No way am I spending more for inferior hardware.

Having played a couple of hours I'd agree with holding out to see what Fanatec have lined up.

Forza 5 is very good with the wheel apart from the lack of spring force which Fanatecs do offer in a hacked on kind of way. Spent some time lapping the F40 last night and had a blast.

Filler Bunny

Neo Member
Guys!!

I figured out how to make a video of me driving the Shelby Cobra around the Bernese alps better..... By adding the music from Rage Racer!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rJnvB3wt64

(S Class, unbeatable difficulty, STM, TCS and ABS are the only assists on.)

Any of you able to come first on unbeatable? I havent been able to manage yet. Best ive done is second and ye gods have i given it everything ive got.

No, not that i've noticed.

The first thing I usually do when testing and tuning is play around with ride height. I tend to look for as much mechanical grip as I can through this method(including rake) before venturing into sway-bars and springs/dampers.

This is the only car I've found(so far) that wanders on the track after lowering the car.
I had the same wandering action occur to my early VW Beetle. I'll try a few of the tweaks you mentioned earlier and see if that helps.

saladine1

I had the same wandering action occur to my early VW Beetle. I'll try a few of the tweaks you mentioned earlier and see if that helps.

I think that the caster issues are based on reality and not a bug.

If you look closely at the Datsun 1600 when lowering the vehicle in the upgrades menu, you can actually see the rear end add negative caster as you go through the 3 stages of upgrades. The wheel 'moves'(via the suspension) forward each time you do this.

Same thing goes for the BMW E30 M3 or Rabbit GTi. The rear end inches forward negatively as you go lower and lower in the suspension upgrade.

I figured this could be due to the rear semi trailing arm suspension that these cars have.

If this is the case, wow, just wow. Amazing attention to detail from the boys at Turn 10..

It would be nice though if someone (Helios, where art thou?) can confirm this...

Stuck it on this morning for an hour and only now just turned off, the driving and feedback is excellent, the grey area in F4's tyres where it was pure guesswork is full of audio, visual and force feedback now, still missing the centre spring, a damper or something that makes steering heavier would be really appricated.

Light on content yeah but what's there though appears to destroy F4 in every way.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Light on content yeah but what's there though appears to destroy F4 in every way.

absolutely. interestingly enough i find that i'm having a blast on even the returning tracks which had long grown stale over the previous games. i'm even appreciating tracks i never enjoyed in previous forzas. i'm so happy with the game, cant wait to see what they bring next.

Stuck it on this morning for an hour and only now just turned off, the driving and feedback is excellent, the grey area in F4's tyres where it was pure guesswork is full of audio, visual and force feedback now, still missing the centre spring, a damper or something that makes steering heavier would be really appricated.

Really? Steering gets quite heavy for me. Maybe im just used to my old g27.

I agree about all the feedback though.

absolutely. interestingly enough i find that i'm having a blast on even the returning tracks which had long grown stale over the previous games. i'm even appreciating tracks i never enjoyed in previous forzas. i'm so happy with the game, cant wait to see what they bring next.

Same here, apart from a couple of laps of the new ones in career mode before dropping it I've been playing the returning ones non-stop.

Really? Steering gets quite heavy for me. Maybe im just used to my old g27.

I agree about all the feedback though.

It's really only around the centre I find too light, playing back to back with PC stuff especially.

Hawk269

Same with me. I dread the fact that the track selection is so low, but I have already played the game more than Forza 4 and it's only been a little over a month. For the first time in the Forza series I am using the in-car view, which typically and the whole time I played Forza 3 & 4 I used 1st person view. What is there is pretty amazing..but yearning for about 3-5 more tracks and continued improvements to the game.

Loiselle

Ranked in the top 200 worldwide on the Top Gear Test Track, Full Circuit in the Lotus E21 F1 race car. My goal is to break the top 150. Love racing that car on that track. It's insane the amount of grip that thing has.

The low location number would be less of a problem if the career used more of the alternate ribbons. I'm amazed how much it sticks to the regular versions. I don't think I've been around the full Le Mans circuit once in the career yet.

xavi42

I tried to go back and play Forza 4, and I just wasn't feeling it. Forza 5 is the best racing game ever made for a console. It's perfect.

Seanspeed

Banned
Sounds like despite the lack of content, they've laid some really good groundwork for the future.

Also, I don't think I ever found out - but can you turn off the trigger rumbling?

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Sounds like despite the lack of content, they've laid some really good groundwork for the future.

Also, I don't think I ever found out - but can you turn off the trigger rumbling?

no.

i cant imagine though, that after you got used to it, you'd still prefer the game without. i wasnt really sold when i first got the system, but now when the batteries are on their way out and the rumble disappears it feels so odd and strange.

I think I've finally had enough of the fucking morons in the hoppers. Seriously, they need to add some more restrictive options ASAP because it's full of fucking idiots atm.

amar212

I think I've finally had enough of the fucking morons in the hoppers. Seriously, they need to add some more restrictive options ASAP because it's full of fucking idiots atm.

Well, there were PRO hoppers back in the FM3/4 days.

"Nobody" raced them, so they've killed them.

Guess evolution is a scientific fact.

Is there a limit on how many replays you can have? I only have about 10 and the game won't let me save any more until delete one. Anyone else have this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Yeah you can, Forza Profile --> Controller Options--->Advanced Options--->Rumble Scale = 0 and it should be off. But once you get used to it, playing without rumble isn't that great. Best thing to do is to set it to around 65/70/75 not too strong but not weak either.

sangreal

I wouldn't have known about that site if not for this thread about a month ago. Is forza rewards promoted in the game at all? I probably overlooked something obvious.

they send you an ingame message about it.

I think one of the tutorial popups mention it too

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable

It really annoys me, I'm not very good at the game but am getting better, every now and again I try online but it's always just dickheads slamming into everyone on every corner.

Ambient80

So question about rewards. One of my friends is getting gifted cars every once in a while, and I am not. Is there something I'm missing? I'm on the Forza Rewards site and have claimed three sets of rewards already, but I've never been gifted any cars. It makes me :(

So question about rewards. One of my friends is getting gifted cars every once in a while, and I am not. Is there something I'm missing? I'm on the Forza Rewards site and have claimed three sets of rewards already, but I've never been gifted any cars. It makes me :(

Might be a VIP thing, you occasionally get gifted cars.

Top Bottom