• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 5 |OT| Open wheel, tyre squeal, orange peel, dat next-gen feel

Krilekk

Banned
I thought the same but none of them are VIP members (two friends have received cars, I have not). In fact, they're both pretty anti-DLC/extra paid stuff in general.

If you were a certain tier level on 11/22/13 you got gifted up to four cars. If you bought the car pass or LaFerrari pack you got one or two of those. If you're a VIP you got Holiday themed cars, a Halo car and one or two Lotus F1. VIP comes for free with the Limited Edition.

What am I doing wrong? This is, tbh, the first time I'm properly investing time in the Forza series. Played 4 a little bit, but decided to go all the way on next-gen. I've been playing the game for a few days now and I'm just not able to keep my cars on the track. Braking and staying on the track is way harder than ( absolutely no puns intended here ) in GT6. Cars seems to slid all the time and I just don't feel contact with the surface, some very powerful cars even feel floaty. What am I doing wrong? I'm racing without driving aids and with a controller btw. Any tips?

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
oh, heres where we are, community!

What am I doing wrong? This is, tbh, the first time I'm properly investing time in the Forza series. Played 4 a little bit, but decided to go all the way on next-gen. I've been playing the game for a few days now and I'm just not able to keep my cars on the track. Braking and staying on the track is way harder than ( absolutely no puns intended here ) in GT6. Cars seems to slid all the time and I just don't feel contact with the surface, some very powerful cars even feel floaty. What am I doing wrong? I'm racing without driving aids and with a controller btw. Any tips?

that most obvious thing is don't have it on sim steering with the pad.

you may be carrying too much speed into corners and, if abs is off, you may be locking your brakes which greatly limits your ability to slow AND breaks traction. one other thing, stay off of rumble strips when turning or braking. they are VERY dangerous in fm5.

none of the above apply? probably just an adjustment period thing.

Is there a way of hotlapping against my own ghost?

On another note I just did nearly 3 laps of Spa in reverse after spinning out, wasn't really paying attention and with no HUD I carried on. Only the blinding lighting made me pull over and realise my mistake.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Is there a way of hotlapping against my own ghost?

On another note I just did nearly 3 laps of Spa in reverse after spinning out, wasn't really paying attention and with no HUD I carried on. Only the blinding lighting made me pull over and realise my mistake.

lol, how did it flow?

oh, heres where we are, community!

that most obvious thing is don't have it on sim steering with the pad.

you may be carrying too much speed into corners and, if abs is off, you may be locking your brakes which greatly limits your ability to slow AND breaks traction. one other thing, stay off of rumble strips when turning or braking. they are VERY dangerous in fm5.

none of the above apply? probably just an adjustment period thing.

Thanks! What settings do you suggest instead of sim op ivy? Thanks in advance.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I cannot for the life of me get that middle stretch of Bathurst down. :'(

I feel like I'm just too slow in that upwards section. Ugh.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
That's ok, with the drivatars in my game it wouldnt matter, that uphill stretch becomes a car park :(

I'm doing a rivals event, so it's just me on the track.

Can you download the ghost of a rival? I have no idea where I am losing time to SPACEMAN SPIFF.

I'm doing a rivals event, so it's just me on the track.

Can you download the ghost of a rival? I have no idea where I am losing time to SPACEMAN SPIFF.

'Sup. :)

You can select an individual entry for a rival from the leaderboard and either race their ghost or view a replay of their lap, although right now the leaderboards seem to be bugged in that the 'friends' filter always comes up blank. At least mine does; is this the case for anyone else?

Find myself lifting on straights in the F40 just to hear the bitch crackle and pop behind me and the fov and cockpit is near perfect in 2.35:1, there's very little wasted space now.

MK1GDtK.jpg

Grassy

The new rewards are live, I got another 1,500,000 credits for being Tier 6. I've been gifted 7,500,000 credits all up so can't complain with that, although it does feel a bit unnecessary now. Still enjoying the game too, I'll be playing this for a long time to come.

1.5 mill is ok I guess. Maybe we were just spoilt last month? But for tier 6, I thought it would be a bit more than that. Better than nothing I guess!

frontieruk

Yeah, even though I say I want to see my ghosts in the options menu, they don't come up.

After I switched ghosts from rivals to On, it just looped my original rival rather than update it after I beat that rival where as before it changed the ghost, setting it back it stayed like that so I guess the ghosts are bust.

saladine1

The main thing that kills me with the replays is that the 'cut to different angle' happens too fast and too often.
I wouldn't be surprised if the quick camera cuts induce seizures in some people..

C'mon Turn 10, slow it down and don't cut away so much. Let the camera follow the action a little while longer before changing angles...

saladine1

and the angles are always zoomed in on the cars

Yep.
I don't understand why they keep doing this with every iteration.

The reverb and doppler effects are so much better now, but you don't have time to enjoy them because the camera keeps cutting away or it sticks to the cars so close and so often...

Definitely something to fix for their next game..

Xanadu

Banned
Yep.
I don't understand why they keep doing this with every iteration.

The reverb and doppler effects are so much better now, but you don't have time to enjoy them because the camera keeps cutting away or it sticks to the cars so close and so often...

Definitely something to fix for their next game..

maybe they dont see the problem, doesnt seem like a hard thing to fix

zorbsie

Forza rewards are up. Tier 6 gave me 1.5M credits. Nothing like the 6M from December but still plenty of cash. I'll use it to buy something for the league races. Speaking of which.

league_week1aay03.png

Going with Crude's suggestion of '60s GT cars at Le Mans and Spa.
10 laps each.
Cars must be no higher than B600
Cars must have roll cages. For the safety of the drivatar.
Start time on the 5th will be 2pm EST.
Let me know if you can make it or if the time is no good. I have some wiggle room with the time of day.
Also let me know if I'm missing anything here as far as restrictions go.

10 laps each.
Cars must be no higher than B500
Let me know if you can make it or if the time is no good. I have some wiggle room with the time of day.

Sounds great, zorbsie.

11 am is fine here on the west coast, so I should be able to make it. If we aren't finishing up by about 4:30 pm EST, I'll be keeping one eye on the 'Niners game, so apologies in advance for any inadvertent collisions due to driver distraction. Contact will be deliberate, however, for anyone rooting for Green Bay.

B-class tops out at 600 in FM5, and 500 is the max for C. The former is our limit, correct?

m23

Forza rewards are up. Tier 6 gave me 1.5M credits. Nothing like the 6M from December but still plenty of cash. I'll use it to buy something for the league races. Speaking of which.

league_week1aay03.png

10 laps each.
Cars must be no higher than B500

Is anyone able to stream the races? For those unable to join in on the fun.

zorbsie

Are you planning on forcing views or assists on or off?

I don't think it's necessary. I don't want to scare people away if they want to use any assists, like me. :)

Munish: I probably could stream it, but you'd be watching the races from the back of the pack. lol

B-class tops out at 600 in FM5, and 500 is the max for C. The former is our limit, correct?

My bad, you're right B600. I'll edit the original post too.

Will be there! Here's the list of eligible cars (as far as I know):

1960 Chevrolet Corvette
1961 Jaguar E-Type S1
1962 Ferrari 250 GTO
1964 Aston Martin DB5
1965 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint GTA Stradale (??? Maybe?)
1965 Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupé
1965 Shelby Cobra 427 S/CV
1967 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray 427
1967 Lamborghini Miura P400

The Ford GT40 competed as a prototype at Le Mans, so I don't know if it should be included or not.

Are we doing Le Mans full or old?

Put me down for the full Le Mans circuit. You could probably get away with a single build for both that and Spa, as opposed to the old Mulsanne circuit, which would require a dedicated speed build.

Levi

Banned
The 100 tokens I started the game with disappeared. Super lame. Glad I never paid for any. (Downloadable copy of the game).

Are servers screwed up or something? I can't see leader boards or download any paint jobs or tuning packages. :(

Weren't working for me earlier, couldn't access Rivals either.

What kind of lap times are you guys getting at Spa in the 60's cars then? I bought a Jag, a tune and struggled to keep it on track.

Top Bottom