• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 6 |OT| Forza turns 10

Sordid

Already used when I tried for it.

I have an extra code for the Rocket 69 though, in case there is any possibility that someone didn't get one:
PDPDR-KX673-QJXR9-KQTH6-TX9TZ

I used this code, thanks a lot! I bought Forza 6 at launch but never got a code for this car.
I've got a problem with my Rocket, entered the code on the Xbox website but it didn't download on my console and can't find any prompt to start it off :/

If you go to my games & apps then push 'Start' on Forza 6 and go to manage game it should appear in the ready to install list.

zorbsie

week22_headerz0slv.png

MX-5 Cup Series

Looks like we had a good turn out last week. Good to see this late in the season. Second race in the series will take place at Indianapolis GP Classic. Car setup is the same as last week. Of course you are free to tune it anyway you want. Want to see where you stack up? Here is the updated standings.

2013 Maza MX-5 Cup
With these upgrades:
Race Brakes
Race Weight Reduction
Race Transmission
Race Differential
Race Tire Compound
Total Car Class: C430
These upgrades will allow you to tune it anyway you want.

Standard info for new comers:
Race day schedule:

We will have a 4 lap practice race with collisions off. You will try to get your best time in this race. The real race will use best lap times in ascending order for grid placement. Collisions will be always on, make sure to turn off sim damage on your end.

As always the lobby will be up at 3:00pm Eastern Sunday. The race should take 15 - 20 minutes to finish. After the race feel free to stick around and do more races with the group.

Can't make it on Sunday? Join in the fun by doing this weeks time trial. Post your best time on this weeks track before the race on Sunday to be included. Points will be given on time trials as well as the actual race.

Sunday race will be Indianapolis GP Classic
Don't forget that the car you use in time trial is the car you use on race day.

Who can join?

Anyone on GAF is more than welcome to join. Just picked up FM6? leave me your GT and I'll send you an invite on race day. Simple as that.

Questions/Suggestions? I'm all ears.

I just got this message from XBox with a free Fallout car and since I sold my X1 I don't need this code. Enjoy

WJ3P9-9G7HG-6G77G-36FQP-YY9XZ

LoveCake

Are these Fallout car codes for US only?

I have not been sent a code yet :( do I need to have both Fallout and Forza to get the code?

I don't think there are U.S.-only XB1 codes.

You don't need both games. Seems like anyone who at least played one or the other is getting it.

Well, that is the "rules" for the code giveaway thread. It allows only registered users the chance to get it.

Look, I know it, and you know it, and RawNuts and Shortt Sirkit know it, but everyone else? Idiots.

We're incredibly lucky that they keep the rubber side down during our races, ffs.

JeffG

Look, I know it, and you know it, and RawNuts and Shortt Sirkit know it, but everyone else? Idiots.

We're incredibly lucky that they keep the rubber side down during our races, ffs.

and how is the "idiots" quoting my post in mistake harming you? (and yet...none have shown up)

RawNuts

This sounds like a fun story.
and how is the "idiots" quoting my post in mistake harming you? (and yet...none have shown up)
It's a reference to this from a previous thread:
Alright, I still have our ForzaGAF list from before so I just removed everyone to start fresh. Quote this post if you want to add yourself to the list.

What follows is pages of people quoting the post and listing their gamertags rather than using the link to the Google doc.

This is why we can't have nice things.

On a serious(er) note, how many of you guys are considering PC for Horizon 3, and do you think it will be PC-Xbox crossplay?

zorbsie

It probably won't be cross buy. But I wonder if they would do what they did for Quantum Break. Preorder the digital version on XB1 and get a code for the PC. I would be all over that. Not sure how it will play on my system though. I have a 3570K @3.4GHz, 16GB ram and a 560ti. That video card is probably in need of an upgrade. :)

My 8 year old PC with first gen Core i7 @3.4GHz and GTX 260 SLI (on PCIe 2.0) would run DirectX 10.0 games better than a PS4 or Xbox One... only problem is that it doesn't run DX10.1/11/12 games ... at all.
8 year old stuff can still be pretty good.

(upgraded to GTX 970 some months ago and never again will wait so long for upgrading again, every ~2 years and sell old stuff from now on)

Edit: And didn't MS already confirm that all first party will be Win10 / XB1 cross-buy and -play from now on??

Edit: And didn't MS already confirm that all first party will be Win10 / XB1 cross-buy and -play from now on??

Not sure. It was certainly implied. If there's crossplay at least, I'm happy and will probably buy FH3 on PC.

QB was probably a clusterfuck for them. I sold my PC code, so I'm part of the problem, but hopefully they can make it account-bound in the future.

I easily spend $100+ on FM and Horizon, and it'd be great if I could get all that content (VIP, car packs and whatnot) on both platforms.

zorbsie

I have a (slightly) better card in my 8 year old Mac :p (but slower CPUs - 2x E5462s @ 2.8).

Yeah I know it's really old. :) I used to upgrade one component of my PC every 6 - 8 months. That's when I was single. Now with kids and stuff, it's hard to tell my wife I want to spend $600 so that video games look better on my computer. That wouldn't fly. Now if the next photoshop update wouldn't work with my video card, then I'd have a chance to upgrade. Having said that, I will probably buy a 970ish card before the year is up. Maybe.

EDIT: Just looking at current prices...probably a 960. Man, I think I just bummed myself out.

frontieruk

Yeah I know it's really old. :) I used to upgrade one component of my PC every 6 - 8 months. That's when I was single. Now with kids and stuff, it's hard to tell my wife I want to spend $600 so that video games look better on my computer. That wouldn't fly. Now if the next photoshop update wouldn't work with my video card, then I'd have a chance to upgrade. Having said that, I will probably buy a 970ish card before the year is up. Maybe.

EDIT: Just looking at current prices...probably a 960. Man, I think I just bummed myself out.

New cards ahoy... Price drops inbound

terrible

Banned
Lol converting to GBP, I was like seems reasonable, guess we just get shafted more here...

Our dollar tanked like 30% over a relatively short period of time and a lot of things have had their prices adjusted to reflect that. Our wages haven't really changed though so it's pretty hard to appreciate the fact that the higher prices are "fair".

Of course our dollar has risen lately but retailers aren't lowering prices lol.

zorbsie

Our dollar tanked like 30% over a relatively short period of time and a lot of things have had their prices adjusted to reflect that. Our wages haven't really changed though so it's pretty hard to appreciate the fact that the higher prices are "fair".

Of course our dollar has risen lately but retailers aren't lowering prices lol.
You nailed it dude. I would imagine even with a dollar at par with US game prices would take a very long time to get back to 60-70 range.

Can't you Canucks buy from Amazon U.S. through Borderlinx or similar?

Fake Edit: Oh speaking of Canucks, NHL playoffs have been fun. :)
It's the dollar conversion that kills that. Used to buy loads of stuff from US when the dollar was stronger. Now, not so much. Also I've had amazon reject a purchase of electronics before. Not sure if it's a policy or what not.

That fake edit was a deep cut dude. A deep cut.

Top Bottom