• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 6 |OT| Forza turns 10

It says that you don't need to have Fallout 4, I don't have it, never have done and I (now) have the car.

Original announcement:
Also coming soon, for a limited time, all players of Fallout 4 on Xbox One will receive the super sleek Chryslus Rocket 69 coupe – the future of speed!
source: http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/fm6_fallout4_f100

Let's just say Microsoft had some code-giveaway problems lately... (edit: read this as "they probably tried, but couldn't figure out how to give the car just to owners of F4 and FM6, that's why they gave it to owners of F4 or FM6" )

BADNED

Original announcement:

source: http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/fm6_fallout4_f100

Let's just say Microsoft had some code-giveaway problems lately... (edit: read this as "they probably tried, but couldn't figure out how to give the car just to owners of F4 and FM6, that's why they gave it to owners of F4 or FM6" )
That was the original announcement from last year but has since changed. Now it's everyone who played either FM6 or F4 until April 14th, 2016 was eligible to receive a code for the car last week.

And if you have not played either game yet then you have time until April 30th, 2016 to do this. Again it's enough to play only one of the two games until the deadline. All those players will get their codes in early May and that's it with the Chryslus Rocket 69.

Snubbers

I'm still getting the stuck in neutral on start line bug when using my Fanatec CSWB V2..

There have been several title updates, fanatec swear its a T10 thing, I've posted on the FM6 support forum on FM.NET..

The thing is, I've just recently bought something to tootle around in on a weekend:

7M7Zm9J.jpg

And I enjoy building a similar spec car in FM6 and see how they compare (OK, mines a convertible, but it still goes/handles in the ball park of the coupe).. but when playing fm6 I get left on the line by a car length as it just shifts immediately into neutral due to some slight 'issue'.. I have to manually select 1st just as the countdown hits zero..

Is there any way someone with a contact at T10 could see if this simple bug could be fixed?? I know others with TX Wheels and shifters also suffer from this issue.

Snubbers

Nice car man! The E46 is a fantastic beats, makes me miss my E36. :(

The E36 is lovely, the local indy garage I use has quite a few hanging around, still looks good even by todays standards.

Mmm.. I loved my E46 330ci. My E92 335d is nice enough, but I do miss the sound of that straight six.

The 335d is a bit of a monster, especially when remapped!..

I was looking at an E93 335i DCT, but something about the E46 M3 just appeals to the kid in me..

zorbsie

Since I won't be around tomorrow to host the races. Can anyone host the races for me? I can send you lamb and egg bread as a thank you. :)

Devildoll

t1462129200z1.png

Since I won't be around tomorrow to host the races. Can anyone host the races for me? I can send you lamb and egg bread as a thank you. :)

I'll do it

For the previous race start positions, was it descending or ascending?

Edit:

We will have a 4 lap practice race with collisions off. You will try to get your best time in this race. The real race will use best lap times in ascending order for grid placement.

Nevermind..

zorbsie

week24_header5csvz.png

MX-5 Cup Series

Big thanks to Devildoll who hosted last weeks races. I was getting worried there for a minute. :)
This will be our last race in this series. Current standings have been posted.
For our last last in this series we'll be heading to Laguna Seca.

After this week I want to do a long endurance run with damage to end the league on. Please let me know what car/cars and what track you'd like to do it on. Some suggested tracks: Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit, Le Mans Circuit de la Sarthe Full Circuit and Daytona International Speedway Tri-Oval Circtuit.

2013 Maza MX-5 Cup
With these upgrades:
Race Brakes
Race Weight Reduction
Race Transmission
Race Differential
Race Tire Compound
Total Car Class: C430
These upgrades will allow you to tune it anyway you want.

Standard info for new comers:
Race day schedule:

We will have a 4 lap practice race with collisions off. You will try to get your best time in this race. The real race will use best lap times in ascending order for grid placement. Collisions will be always on, make sure to turn off sim damage on your end.

As always the lobby will be up at 3:00pm Eastern Sunday. The race should take 15 - 20 minutes to finish. After the race feel free to stick around and do more races with the group.

Can't make it on Sunday? Join in the fun by doing this weeks time trial. Post your best time on this weeks track before the race on Sunday to be included. Points will be given on time trials as well as the actual race.

Sunday race will be Laguna Seca
Don't forget that the car you use in time trial is the car you use on race day. Also the car you pick is the car you keep for the whole series.

Who can join?
Anyone on GAF is more than welcome to join. Just picked up FM6? leave me your GT and I'll send you an invite on race day. Simple as that.

Questions/Suggestions? I'm all ears.

gragy10

Gutted to miss the last couple weeks - loved RA since it first appeared in the series (FM2?).
On topic, +1 for Brands Hatch GP with something ultra torquey - love how claustrophobic that place is (plus as a South Londoner it's my 'local' circuit)

Awesome video.

Here is the car list:

2011 Hot Wheels Bone Shaker
2005 Ford Hot Wheels Mustang
2017 Ford Focus RS
2015 McLaren P1 GTR
1990 Ferrari #1 Scuderia Ferrari 641
2016 Chevrolet Camaro Super Sport
2015 BMW X6M
To me the most beautiful F1 car ever, V12 engine in a John Barnard design furthered by Enrique Scalabroni <3

Huh. I really want that Mustang. Now I remember a pink chrome Hot Wheels C2 Corvette I had as a kid that I somehow loved despite the pink.

Gutted to miss the last couple weeks - loved RA since it first appeared in the series (FM2?).

Wished I could've done both fun video game related things at once on Sunday. :/

On topic, +1 for Brands Hatch GP with something ultra torquey

I think it's the spec MX-5.

I don't know if the unseasonably warm weather 'round these parts is bringing out the inbred yokel in me or what, because in a car pack that's been graced by Alain Prost's Ferrari 641, my favorite car might just be a goddamn MUSTANG.

It sounds like the hellspawn of a rabid lion and a chainsaw, and it isn't like the chassis can't cash the checks the outrageous bodykit writes. Thing's fucking badass.

LoveCake

How many more packs do people think there will be?

Seems that the best cars have been released in the two packs that were released after the season pass ended :/

How many more packs do people think there will be?

Seems that the best cars have been released in the two packs that were released after the season pass ended :/
I tend to be that guy who comes up with this, but I disagree here. Without a season pass, I would have bought every car pack with the exceptions of the Alpinestar and the Top Gear car packs (the Top Gear pack wasn't in the season pass, the other one was).
So for my personal taste that's a ratio of 5/6 for the season pass car packs and 1/2 for the non-season pass ones.

From the Top Gear car pack I'm interested in the R8 2016 and the FXX K, but, but the one is basically a Hurracan and the other a La Ferrari with more downforce and horsepower. Both are street legal so they will probably be in a Horizon 3, I'll just wait for that.
(edit: apparently the FXX-K is not street legal, but as it's not in any racing league, I still could see it in a Horzon 3)

Hoping for 50% off the post season pass DLC when it's all finished, spent enough on FM6 so far tbh.

Looking forward to some direct comparisons between FM6 and Apex when you guys get it although I ain't expecting much outside of of higher res, better gameplay LODs and IQ.

In fact I'd be pissed if there was much more.

frontieruk

Is my driving that bad you all have to like it when I get an achievement on Forza apex :(

Anyway just uploading a recoding of ingame at everything maxxed

It's a shame that the surprise was ruined, but a NASCAR expansion is a cherry on top of a fucking magnificent cake. I could probably write a list of gripes with FM6 that'd read more like a thesis, but at the end of the day, the breadth of content makes it a car playground without equal.

Here's to hoping the drafting and spotting HUD indicates they're taking driving on ovals a tad more seriously and the physics are tweaked accordingly. Shit feels ridiculously simplistic with IndyCars.

Top Bottom