• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 6 |OT| Forza turns 10

frontieruk

In my opinion you guys are way to optimistic about the sales of the games after Forza 4. If you dont take base my opinion in leaderboards and the ******** (I know its not accurate but they can atleast show the tendency). and this https://www.gtplanet.net/racing-games-are-better-than-ever-so-why-arent-they-selling/
Im not saying Forza 6 is not solid on sale, just that Forza franchise as a whole seems to be selling less and if the trend continues the future could be not so good for out beloved saga.

I hope Im wrong and Forza have a solid future both on console and PC.

So your comparing Forza 5 a platform launch title which was slated for micro-transactions and Forza 6 which is 6 months old, to a game launched on a platform that had almost double the install base (55million 360s had been sold in 2011 )?

I've seen some negativity and FUD on these forums but this really takes the cake. Btw forza 3 was the best seller in the series right?

Devildoll

So your comparing Forza 5 a platform launch title which was slated for micro-transactions and Forza 6 which is 6 months old, to a game launched on a platform that had almost double the install base (55million 360s had been sold in 2011 )?

I've seen some negativity and FUD on these forums but this really takes the cake. Btw forza 3 was the best seller in the series right?

You racing today? we just got into the lobby

gragy10

Fantastic races as usual yesterday - thought I might be in with a chance on Prague til I broke my windscreen & couldn't see shit for the last lap & half. I can't stand Yas Marina as a circuit, but chasing down Jello was a ton of fun :)

zorbsie

Im not, was smooth sailing on my end.

It was good to have you back. Good thing no one bumped you...well it was good to have you back. :)

Last weekend was the last race of the R class series. So let's all talk next series. I would like to do ALMS P class, but I know some folks don't like the higher class cars. So what about a series where everyone has the same car? Like the miata cup, and run it stock or with a few upgrades. What do you guys think? All suggestions are welcome.

zorbsie

Who on ForzaGAF is also grabbing Dirt Rally today?

We were talking about it during the race on Sunday. I'm on the fence. Quantum Break took my gaming money. I don't think I can drop $80 on Dirt Rally. I'll have to wait for a sale on it. Or if impression are super good I'll crack and pick it up. :)

Top Gear Pack

Car List:

1990 Jaguar XJS
2015 Land Rover Range Rover Sport SVR
2016 Rolls Royce Dawn
2016 Audi R8 V10 Plus
2015 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
2016 Jaguar F-Type Project 7
2014 Ferrari FXX K

Ohhhh......a Jag XJS.....

'Bout time the Grandfather Clock made its Forza debut.

As for the rest, it's a solid enough pack, although I appreciate that T10 saved the real good stuff for the now-defunct car pass. No S14, though, so the FM.net kids will be breaking out the pitchforks and torches.

How awesome is this! Since i'm in chile and the car pack apparently has "BBC Worldwide content" I can't watch the trailer! HAHAAHAH Last pack had the 300SL and now the XJS, top job T10, love old classics

No racing cars? kind of a bummer..XJS and FXX K are great though.

Although it looks weird without those P ZERO tyre logos. Will T10 ever address tyre brands? Or at least let us paint on them?

Stig94

Neo Member
Disappointed with how they've done the new R8 V10 Plus in the DLC pack. Like I understand its the same car as the Huracan underneath but it doesn't mean you literally copy/paste the EXACT engine sound and handling... just pure laziness.

Disappointed with how they've done the new R8 V10 Plus in the DLC pack. Like I understand its the same car as the Huracan underneath but it doesn't mean you literally copy/paste the EXACT engine sound and handling... just pure laziness.

Is it really that bad? I haven't had a chance to check out the cars yet.

ShamePain

Banned

Damn those lazy devs, making a car for 6 months and still can't make it perfect.

BIGT468

Last weekend was the last race of the R class series. So let's all talk next series. I would like to do ALMS P class, but I know some folks don't like the higher class cars. So what about a series where everyone has the same car? Like the miata cup, and run it stock or with a few upgrades. What do you guys think? All suggestions are welcome.

I'm not opposed to the LMP idea but a spec series of some sort does sound kind of fun and a nice change of pace.

I really hope we can drop an LS3 into that XJ.

I know its not the same car but I just wanted an excuse to link to the video.

I'll see your LS XJ and raise you with the Draguar!

zorbsie

Alright lets do a spec race. It will be a 4 week series. Then we will have an endurance race to end the league. Maybe the endurance race will be LMPs sim damage closer to 30 minute race as opposed to our normal 10-15 minute races. Want the race to be long enough that you have to pit at least once. I'll have a look at that Miata today, maybe talk with P3tran about the setup to use. Update later today or tomorrow. If there is another car people want to do now is the time to speak up.

BTW Quantum Break is great fun. :)

zorbsie

Update on the spec car. I thought the Maza MX-5 Cup was a good fit, but there are some things you can't adjust so I made some changes to it.
Base Car D382
+Race Brakes
+Race Weight Reduction
+Race Transmission
+Race Differential
+Race Tire Compound
Total Car Class: C430

This way tuners can mess with the car as they like. Only thing I didn't add was aero packages. Do we need them? Thoughts?

Been playing a lot of ISI tire based sims on PC lately, only went back to Forza for the mid march car pack 2 weeks ago. It was kinda rough, like finding out you loved something in the past that actually was somewhat shit but from your narrow viewpoint, you just couldn't see it for what it was. Drive a modern Ferrari and the tires are flat and hard in FM6 ...and that ugly tire squeal that sounds like cold stiff spinning rubber on a super even surface... when you brake, you can lock up the brakes in some cars at 75% input, even race cars. you want to adjust that and you can't - it's a modern race car(!), of course you can adjust brake pressure and bias in that, but not in Forza. Why? Because it's a race car without carbon ceramic brakes and only with the carbon brakes upgrade you can adjust bias in Forza. Forza sound also has nothing against RaceRoom, so I went back to PC...

Today I wanted to listen to a podcast and do some casual sim driving alongside. Wanted to use my still relatively new shifter too, but nothing too hectic with short gear ratios, and thought, why not an older car in Forza today... casual... booted it up and chose the AC Cobra on the Nordschleife. The tires, the suspension the sound, awesome(!). Just completely awesome (had to add some sgnificant camber and toe-in though to really have fun with it). There is this range of dcades, from the late 50s to the late 90s where Forza pretty much nails the cars. But take a car with tires too low-profile, electronics too advanced, downforce too extreme, dampers too high-tech and Forza isn't working for me anymore.

This is not a "they need to add this, this is not good enough bla bla" post, this is me saying to myself "some of it is really hard to feel good about, but you were right to love this game so goddamn much" (that Cobra, man!). I think for my next casual 2h podcast Forza drive, I'm gonna pick a low power 80s D-class car on a night track without stadion lights.

Don't quote me on it but I believe Forzas cars in thier stock form are somewhat track tuned, they feel too stiff for my liking. I've resorted to installing race springs and adjusting the height, damping and softening them up even though it makes the handling looser it feels better to me and looks better in replays.

danowat

Banned
The biggest issue, for me, is the inconstancy in the physics for some cars, I would imagine that many of the cars physics are as they are when T10's system spits it out, and not that many have physics that are "hand tuned".

You can feel it when you pick a car that has wonky physics, one that springs to mind is the Alfa TZ2, feels very, very wonky, but then some cars, like the Audi S3 touring car feels amazing.

I think this is just the price you pay for having such a large and diverse car list.

Don't quote me on it but I believe Forzas cars in thier stock form are somewhat track tuned, they feel too stiff for my liking. I've resorted to installing race springs and adjusting the height, damping and softening them up even though it makes the handling looser it feels better to me and looks better in replays.

Completely agree. If I want to make the cars feel more "just bought from the local dealer", I lower the tire pressure to ~1.8 - 1.9 bar (~27psi , not realistic but feels more realistic, also less squeal sound on the edge of grip and more deformation/scrubbing sound) and balance the front and rear camber so it's less front heavy. Because the customizable suspension upgrade comes with some degree of track tuning already, I try to undo that by raising the ride height again and soften the dampers (more rear than front softening).
Overall it's more of a problem in modern sports and supercars.

terrible

Banned
The more I play other sims the more I notice how different Forza feels and how different my approach to racing has to be. The tire physics in general kind of feel like they are geared towards the drifting crowd but it does make for a fun game so I can't really complain. It's so easy to get sideways when you want to and maintain control in Forza which is pretty fun I think.

Is FM out on PC yet? If so, is there a dedicated thread for it?

Nope, not out yet.

Completely agree. If I want to make the cars feel more "just bought from the local dealer", I lower the tire pressure to ~1.8 - 1.9 bar (~27psi , not realistic but feels more realistic, also less squeal sound on the edge of grip and more deformation/scrubbing sound) and balance the front and rear camber so it's less front heavy. Because the customizable suspension upgrade comes with some degree of track tuning already, I try to undo that by raising the ride height again and soften the dampers (more rear than front softening).
Overall it's more of a problem in modern sports and supercars.

Haven't tried fiddling with tyre pressures yet, I'll try it next thanks.

Tbh I hadn't tuned a single car until realising that what I felt was off with the handling and suspension behaviour ingame and replays. I do wish stock meant just that and cars were left in a road setup giving us the chance to stiffen them up.

Almost totally given up on race cars though, anything less than 900° feels wrong but then at 900° the steering is way, way too light for me. Can't win that one.

Car looks good— I can't make today because I'm doing a raid in Destiny, finally. I feel like such a nerd for saying that. I mean more than posting on a video game forum about pretend cars.

I need to find some glasses and some tape.

gragy10

Car's great & I found a decent livery (lol) but trying to tune it myself reminded me why I started dl'ing other people's setups :/

Top Bottom