• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 6 |OT| Forza turns 10

zorbsie

SbeZHY.png

Spec Race Series
The league is getting ready to end. This will be our last 4 week series. We will end the league with one endurance race for a grand total of 25 events! Here are the current league standings. So what are we driving?
2013 Maza MX-5 Cup
With these upgrades:
Race Brakes
Race Weight Reduction
Race Transmission
Race Differential
Race Tire Compound
Total Car Class: C430
These upgrades will allow you to tune it anyway you want.

Standard info for new comers:
Race day schedule:

We will have a 4 lap practice race with collisions off. You will try to get your best time in this race. The real race will use best lap times in ascending order for grid placement. Collisions will be always on, make sure to turn off sim damage on your end.

As always the lobby will be up at 3:00pm Eastern Sunday. The race should take 15 - 20 minutes to finish. After the race feel free to stick around and do more races with the group.

Can't make it on Sunday? Join in the fun by doing this weeks time trial. Post your best time on this weeks track before the race on Sunday to be included. Points will be given on time trials as well as the actual race.

Sunday race will be Rio de Janeiro - Coast Loop
Don't forget that the car you use in time trial is the car you use on race day. Also the car you pick is the car you keep for the whole series.

Who can join?
Anyone on GAF is more than welcome to join. Just picked up FM6? leave me your GT and I'll send you an invite on race day. Simple as that.

Questions/Suggestions? I'm all ears.

SbeZHY.png

Spec Race Series
The league is getting ready to end. This will be our last 4 week series. We will end the league with one endurance race for a grand total of 25 events! Here are the current league standings. So what are we driving?
2013 Maza MX-5 Cup
With these upgrades:
Race Brakes
Race Weight Reduction
Race Transmission
Race Differential
Race Tire Compound

Standard info for new comers:
Race day schedule:

We will have a 4 lap practice race with collisions off. You will try to get your best time in this race. The real race will use best lap times in ascending order for grid placement. Collisions will be always on, make sure to turn off sim damage on your end.

As always the lobby will be up at 3:00pm Eastern Sunday. The race should take 15 - 20 minutes to finish. After the race feel free to stick around and do more races with the group.

Can't make it on Sunday? Join in the fun by doing this weeks time trial. Post your best time on this weeks track before the race on Sunday to be included. Points will be given on time trials as well as the actual race.

Sunday race will be Rio de Janeiro - Coast Loop
Don't forget that the car you use in time trial is the car you use on race day. Also the car you pick is the car you keep for the whole series.

Who can join?
Anyone on GAF is more than welcome to join. Just picked up FM6? leave me your GT and I'll send you an invite on race day. Simple as that.

Questions/Suggestions? I'm all ears.

Awesome, I am down!

So much for my E3 theory. Still hope we get it for FH3 too.

Looks great. Love it if T10 would do a behind the scenes.

Edit: I'm 4th on my friends list in credits spent behind only Zorbs, Reed Richards and Gaschman and still haven't gotten that $#@% Back of the Pack mod.

Btw. This Porsche DLC is awesome. VIR is a great track. During the day at least. Have no idea how it is in real life but seems way too dark.

zorbsie

So much for my E3 theory. Still hope we get it for FH3 too.

Looks great. Love it if T10 would do a behind the scenes.
I thought I saw somewhere on twitter that they are doing a behind the scenes on the creation of the car. Should be cool to check out.

I am really curious about how this car will affect MP. One gear and 200MPH? I wonder if it will banned from certain hoppers or something.
It's only one gear? I didn't know that. I wonder if it has any upgrade options. Still no code over here. Hope they don't send them out alphabetically. :)

Kids have taken over the TV, so I'll take your word for it. :) Sorry about that confusion dude.

Stream your Xbox to your PC. :p

So one other thing... I think for this be true you need to add Race Springs and Dampers and Front and Rear Race Anti-Roll Bars. That would bring it to C475.

Not that I'm against the Race Weight Reduction upgrade, but that isn't needed for tuning and could bring the PI down to C425.

Edit: Nevermind. Was looking at the wrong MX5.

zorbsie

OK Just checked with SkinnerSw33t over chat. The original post is the right setup. Don't change anything for Sunday's race. :) Thanks for keeping me on my toes Skinner. :)

2013 Maza MX-5 Cup
With these upgrades:
Race Brakes
Race Weight Reduction
Race Transmission
Race Differential
Race Tire Compound

This is the right setup.

gragy10

58.86 for the time trial - tried some tuning for the first time since FM4 & ended up with handling characteristics best described as a sofa pushed downhill :/

frontieruk

Thanks to everyone who turned up race went smoothly I'll put the replay up later, I may even have a screen shot of the results... ;)

zorbsie

The autovista for the Rocket 69 is great too. They make it sound like a radio ad. Good stuff. The rollcage in the bubble is just too good. Love it.

terrible

Banned
I got a code and I've never played FO4 on Xbox. I have it on Steam. I guess they're just giving it to everyone that got Forza around launch?

Xbox has had problems in the past with promotions that involved 2+ games. Not sure why.

Blizzard recently gave an Overwatch pre-order bonus out to everyone who has Diablo because of it.

The Chryslus is fun. We should definitely have a Chryslus race this Sunday if everyone will have it.

zorbsie

I got a code and I've never played FO4 on Xbox. I have it on Steam. I guess they're just giving it to everyone that got Forza around launch?

I want to say, at first it was people who played both on XB1. But the most recent announcement said that if you played either on XB1 you were getting a code.

The car is free in game but additional purchases are 1M each. Also thought it was a nice touch that the car year is 2069.

The Chryslus is fun. We should definitely have a Chryslus race this Sunday if everyone will have it.
This. We are doing this come Sunday. Hopefully everyone will have the car by then.

Why can Turn 10 pull off special features like animated joystick steering, but not active rear wheel steering for the Porsches (or possible Warthog and some other cars) or active center differentials for all the modern AWD cars? Maybe it has something to do with what Microsoft had promised Bethesda to get this exclusive promo-deal.

Whatever, I should be happy with one more amazing and unique car in Forza. I know what I'd rather have though.

Just got my Fallout code.

I got one too— didn't you have to play Fallout 4 to get one though? I'm one of those weirdos that isn't interested in it.

Edit: just read Zorbs's post.

Why can Turn 10 pull off special features like animated joystick steering, but not active rear wheel steering for the Porsches (or possible Warthog and some other cars) or active center differentials for all the modern AWD cars?

Cosmetic animation is presumably a helluva lot easier to test.

Noobcraft

Why can Turn 10 pull off special features like animated joystick steering, but not active rear wheel steering for the Porsches (or possible Warthog and some other cars) or active center differentials for all the modern AWD cars? Maybe it has something to do with what Microsoft had promised Bethesda to get this exclusive promo-deal.

Whatever, I should be happy with one more amazing and unique car in Forza. I know what I'd rather have though.
One is cosmetic and the other requires tinkering with the physics engine is my guess.

One is cosmetic and the other requires tinkering with the physics engine is my guess.

You're probably right there, I don't think even the front wheel's animation is synced to the physics of the contact patch, pretty sure I've read the visible movement tops out far earlier than the steering angle would suggest.

Could be wrong though.

Got a code too even though I haven't played Fallout.

Also got a Gears 4 beta code if anyone wants it:

*gone*

Already used when I tried for it.

I have an extra code for the Rocket 69 though, in case there is any possibility that someone didn't get one:
PDPDR-KX673-QJXR9-KQTH6-TX9TZ

Sorry, thanks. Edited it out now.

I've got a problem with my Rocket, entered the code on the Xbox website but it didn't download on my console and can't find any prompt to start it off :/

Top Bottom