• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 6 |OT| Forza turns 10

Mascot

This. Perhaps we get a properly powerful console as well. That and fm really really needs a 3 year dev cycle.

Just do away with consoles altogether and let the PC take over.

No more being locked into obsolete hardware for half a decade or more, no more console wars, the ability to play Forza and GT and Halo and Uncharted and WoW on the same hardware, upgrade if you want to not because you're forced to, buy one set of expensive peripherals that'll work until the day you die, dynamic ToD and a full weather system at 12k 210fps...

Consoles make no sense in 2015.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)

No more being locked into obsolete hardware for half a decade or more, no more console wars, the ability to play Forza and GT and Halo and Uncharted and WoW on the same hardware, upgrade if you want to not because you're forced to, buy one set of expensive peripherals that'll work until the day you die, dynamic ToD and a full weather system at 12k 210fps...

Not as long as there's a halo on console only friend. Ms has me by the balls and I'm screaming uncle.

:(

leng jai

This has to be the best "feeling" driving I've ever experienced in a sim racer. Having trouble coming first in career though. I get to second every race but the first guy is always way out in front and uncatchable.

Edit3: 1:53:059

The #1 Ranked person is 1:45:705 D:

I did 2 non-line start laps before I saw how Grosjean's did the lap and then quit.
It's fun to drive the E23 without assists though. You never know if you can go full throttle already because you change the gears so rapidly and also because by the time you become aware that there's some power-oversteer going on, it's already too late.
What I found odd is that you get oversteer if you turn in too hard while trying to take a long corner flat-out at over 160mph. Maybe it's just a front-rear downforce balance thing, I haven't fiddled with the setup.

Does anyone here know how many degrees of rotation an F1 car steering wheel goes in real life? Or is it entirely up the driver preference and setup per-track? With non-linear steering you can't copy it anyway, but I'm curious.

Mascot

Not as long as there's a halo on console only friend. Ms has me by the balls and I'm screaming uncle.

:(

But my point is, if consoles didn't exist, Halo would be on PC. As would all the other games, FM included. At 12k 120fps or on Oculus. With your old FFB wheel.

Devildoll

God damnit that power is unpredictable on that e23, it's a nightmare to drive without tcs.

I managed to put down a 1:50.942 despite that though.

How odd, the game's photo share feature isn't letting me upload a photo due to "inappropriate content."

Maybe it doesn't like my yellow Ford Capri.

Hobiologe

It is pretty annoying if you drive an endurance race on Road Atlanta and in round 17 of 40 the AI kicks you out of the race, right into the wall. Which is basically not that big issue, because the rewind function is activated. But if it's not working at all (probably due to this amount of laps, respectively a steaming issue and at the beginning of the race it was working) your are completely fucked.

It is really annoying and I pray every day that Dan Greenawalt follows Don Mattrick and will be replaced with a guy like Phil "Magic" Spencer, who really (and not just says it) listens to the community and brings several motor sport features like Qualifying, joinable multiplayer sessions (during practice and training, not only lobby) and much more.

Maybe the frustration is currently speaking out of me, but I paid 100 bucks for this game and want to have some value for it.

Got a clean 1:50.649 in the F1 challenge. It was a total blast, but that F1 absolutely shreds its tires so it needed a fair few restarts :p

jdyzPM2.jpg

Gaming would take a huge hit without the console userbase, as someone that just spent a pretty penny on a new PC setup that shit is still a fricken pain in the ass. You know how long it took me to get the Witcher 3 running with most of hardware hickups out of the way? It hasn't yet. Ill let you know when I do.

Noobcraft

But my point is, if consoles didn't exist, Halo would be on PC. As would all the other games, FM included. At 12k 120fps or on Oculus. With your old FFB wheel.
Ehhhhh. I don't know. PC isn't currently an exceptionally good place for AAA game development.

Porsche9146

Neo Member

But if consoles went away, FM might cease to exist. It's primary initial purpose was to counteract a huge-selling exclusive with no equivalent on the PS2 (Gran Turismo), and in a world where hardware sales can't be used to justify software sales, Microsoft could abandon the IP.

Mascot

Hehheh "your point is..."... Just go play with your PC then. Don't stress yourself with these consoles. Life is too short to deal with these kind of things. :)
If you don't understand the context of the discussion then it's probably best to keep personal snipes to yourself. You'll soon get the hang of it.

Mascot

Well what do you think? Are you going to see Forza on PC anytime soon? Did Gran Turismo come to PC? Yeah I was naive 15 years ago when I thought that I'm going to see Gran Turismo on a PC. You are not going to see Forza on a PC anytime soon. Deal with it.
Jesus Christ, it was a philosophical discussion. Are you always this aggressive?

failgubbe

If anyone wants a Martini Racing design on a car let me now, i've got some out for LaFerrari, P1 under my gamertag(FAILGUBBE) if you wanna check how they can look

frontieruk

Jesus Christ, it was a philosophical discussion. Are you always this aggressive?

Actually you made it aggressive, his first post was a light hearted life's to short to care about how strong hardware is if you enjoy a game play it. You responded with a Jog on jnr, don't act butthurt cos you got schooled. Forza exists to move Xbox hardware it wouldn't exist otherwise, Halo would be an Apple exclusive RTS neither would be on PC.

Mascot

Well yes I am. When someone is aggressive towards me then umm.. I am indeed aggressive towards him. And I don't even think I was aggressive towards you. Yes you had valid points, but unfortunately it is a bit silly to even think about Forza-like game to come to a PC.
Twelve posts old and you're picking fights with people..? Is this a FordGTguy alt account or what? Where is the hidden camera?

God damnit that power is unpredictable on that e23, it's a nightmare to drive without tcs.

I managed to put down a 1:50.942 despite that though.
Got a clean 1:50.649 in the F1 challenge. It was a total blast, but that F1 absolutely shreds its tires so it needed a fair few restarts :p

I think Forza auto-engages KERS all track long without limit, that's why there's so much torque. It's probably not even really "engaged", it's just a different torque curve for the engine that looks like a normal one mirrored horizontally (like an exponential function turned 180°). The Porsche 918 Spyder's looks like that in FH2.

DRS maybe is handled automatically at certain speeds like the active aero rear wings on supercars. Hmmm... but then you'd have almost no downforce on super high speed long corners... not sure how that works.

Anyway without any KERS or DRS our times couldn't be that good.

I suppose this part doesn't really matter though, as we're trying to beat times that were set in the same game. The behaviour you describe will have happened to everyone making it a level playing field, as opposed to trying to beat a real F1 time.

GHG

Gold Member
How do you sell mod packs won in spins?

Really hate that these are in the game. So, so pointless.

zorbsie

Just did the Bathurst 100 endurance showcase. Tense as fuck. I got to agree with Lima, the AI pit on lap 25 or 26. I was struggling to stay in third, but that was my opening. An easy win. Still though, it was an hour of intense racing. I ended up finishing the race with just a sliver of fuel left.

billeh

Came from Horizon 2 and fell into a pit of misery for a while, but I think I'm getting the hand of it. Turned off most of the assists except for an automatic trans (until I can get a hold on things) + TCS + brake line and I can worm my way into second place most times. The Indy 500 race was insane.

Looking for more Forza friends if you want to add me! (billehWRX)

I suppose this part doesn't really matter though, as we're trying to beat times that were set in the same game. The behaviour you describe will have happened to everyone making it a level playing field, as opposed to trying to beat a real F1 time.

I was merely trying to understand /have a discussion about, why it's so hard to drive this thing without TCS and why it's so hard on the tyres. And also why our times here are really nice without the line perfection F1 drivers achieve. Well, maybe Devildoll doesn't count, his lines were probably pretty perfect to get that time without TCS.

Devildoll

Have you tried the Lotus 98T in Project CARS or even Gran Turismo 6?

Nope, havent played those games at all actually.

I think Forza auto-engages KERS all track long without limit, that's why there's so much torque. It's probably not even really "engaged", it's just a different torque curve for the engine that looks like a normal one mirrored horizontally (like an exponential function turned 180°). The Porsche 918 Spyder's looks like that in FH2.

DRS maybe is handled automatically at certain speeds like the active aero rear wings on supercars. Hmmm... but then you'd have almost no downforce on super high speed long corners... not sure how that works.

I think the turbo is my problem.

75% throttle after braking, Nothing, nothing, still 75% throttle, turbo starts spooling, 1 psi , 58 psi , oh god im backwards!

There's no KERS in the E23, it's a forced induction electric hybrid, if you're not McLaren this year, you can have electric power for the entire lap. I think in Forza you just get full power all of the time, whereas perhaps only Mercedes could run full revs and electric for any length of the time.

Regarding your other post about spinning out at 160mph in a corner if you turn to much, I agree. I think there's something wrong with the physics of some cars, particularly the E23. The back will come out at speeds when downforce should be keeping you on the road when you haven't increased throttle.

Have you tried the Peugeot 908? I could not drive it at all, I'd try to turn a corner an it would just spin. This is when I decided the E23 wasn't that bad.

The problem is basically what Alan from Team VVV says in this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EiNM-1r47mA

PCars has more grip, but Forza loses grip in odd ways. There's a Risi Ferrari F333 SP, I can push that in FM6 same as the 787B, they just grip. It's why I think sometimes the physics are odd.

I thought I had the ring memorized, but damn doing that shit in the dark is intense. Took for granted how many track markers I use to remember how to navigate that track.

Top Bottom