• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 6 |OT| Forza turns 10

MouldyK

Okay, i've decided to have:

- New Racer Drivatar.
- Limited Aggression.
- Assisted Braking and Steering.
- Racing Line.
- Rubber Armbands.
- Baby Bottle.

For all races in 1960's Grand Prix Cars (Brabham BT24 in my case) because they are the worst cars to ever be put to a race track.

They don't turn properly, they can't break, they have no grip. They are just Death-Traps just waiting to happen. Even Assisted Steering could not aid me.

The sooner I do all of them, including the showcases (probably tomorrow), the better because I hate them.

RawNuts

Honestly, I love the 60's GP cars; drive them with all the assists off and they feel so visceral. My experience was in the Eagle-Weslake though, haven't touched the Brabham yet.

MouldyK

^I used the Brabham in an online race and I liked it. It's a bit touchy but nothing like the Lotus in Forza 5.

I admit it's probably to do with me being a New Wheel User and not knowing pedals well, but I hate them still.

So going to spend tomorrow doing the 2 Races I need for Series 13, then do Series 14 and 15 with the Brabham as well.

And then all the Gran Prix Showcases. Get them out the way so I can focus on better things. :D

etta

my hard graphic balls
Here's my impressions from the DF thread.

No, fuck that. Having played the game, I cannot finds words to say how beautiful, graphics and gameplay wise, this game is. Holy shit, the demo made it look like shit in comparison, and this thread and the nitpicking made it worse. I spent a few hours on only Nordschleife, Spa, and Brands Hatch in the rain, and I was blown away. The best part is that I didn't expect it. The demo did not leave great impressions, it actually got me to cancel my preorder because I said I'll pick it up later for $40.

Holy shit am I glad I bought it anyway. What a phenomenal game. The gameplay is hands down the best in recent memory. Beats FH2 for me, and I fucking loved that. The graphics, holy shit, what an understatement this thread and the DF article is to the graphics. Yes, there's jaggies when still and some stuff doesn't look so great when standing. But my god, in motion, this is a whole other game. Jaggies are at a minimum, environments look phenomenal, the lighting in rain is absolutely incredible. The raindrops on the windshield beat DC for me. It looks far more realistic, it has condensation and accurate physics, and it's not nearly as muted as videos/screenshots make it out to be, those same videos where people say there's a generational gap. In fact, I don't think any media does any part of this game justice. You have to play it in person to see it. Don't even get me started on the puddles, they completely change the way you play. Nordschleife is downright fucking terrifying with puddles in play. They feel so accurate when you ride over them, too. Game changer, for sure.

Incredible content, gameplay, and presentation. Phenomenal work done by Turn 10. This game oozes polish and care, they made a lifetime customer out of me.

Sometimes it's the little details that matter. I was lucky enough to go on a 2,000 mile road trip via motorcycle to the 2013 ALMS race at Mazda Raceway, and while I was there a storm drain on the corkscrew flipped up and broke an oil cooler during a Porsche GT race. The broken car leaked oil over the track and made some exciting crashes and spins happen before they cleaned up the mess. This is the first Forza game to finally have that little detail that's also a neat memory I have.

Motorcycles (mine was the green Kawasaki)
Bz9p5bU.jpg

Grate cover loose

Cars spinning out

Marshals inspecting damage

Looks amazing in Forza 6

Here's my impressions from the DF thread.
I'm surprised the demo turned you off. It got me to pick up an ultimate edition in a heartbeat.

Rio, Sebring's puddles of death, Yas Marina at night, and reversing time by speeding across that oval (Daytona? Indy? I forget) just all felt so damn good.

Klocker

My god. A little addicted to this game right now.

Makes FM5 feel like a glorified demo.... great driving, racing, the cars, spin for prizes, showcases, free play..all works so good

Mayjaplaya

Neo Member
Does anybody have the special Forza 6 LE blue console? How are the engine sounds the console makes when you turn it on and off? I love ricey shit like that and I've rigged my computer to do the same thing (http://blog.caranddriver.com/name-that-exhaust-note-episode-47/), but I looked at the official reveal video for the console and was let down by the engine note (https://youtu.be/WM-jQCNeJgU?t=1m30s). It sounded like it came from a little speaker in the console itself and not from the sound system your console is hooked up to. Is that true? Does the video not do the sound justice? Also, is the actual startup sound on the Xbox One splash screen changed as well?

leng jai

Does anybody have the special Forza 6 LE blue console? How are the engine sounds the console makes when you turn it on and off? I love ricey shit like that and I've rigged my computer to do the same thing (http://blog.caranddriver.com/name-that-exhaust-note-episode-47/), but I looked at the official review video for the console and was let down by the engine note (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WM-jQCNeJgU). It sounded like it came from a little speaker in the console and not from the sound system your console is hooked up to. Is that true? Also, is the startup sound changed as well?

Well I don't think anyone apart from you expected the sound come from your speakers rather than the console itself. The sounds themselves are okay but obviously sound tinny due to the poor console speakers. It only makes the engine sound when you turn it on via the dedicated console power button. If you use the controller like most people do then there's no sound.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
God damn, you guys weren't kidding about ai inconsistencies! Playing on pro and most races I get first, but on some the lead guy just pulls so far ahead! Then, I just faxed Rio and won by literally a dozen seconds!! Crazy discrepancy between tracks.

BTW Rio full reverse is pretty awesome in fast cars.

Lima

The AI pits too much in the endurance races.

I just did the Spa 23 lap race and it is clearly designed for a single pit stop around lap 12. Now me, M.Rossi and J.Davis were neck and neck until the first pit stop.

I decided to come in at the end of lap 12. M.Rossi came in at the end of 13 and Davis even managed 14 laps.

With my earlier pit stop and better tires I managed to stay in front of both of them. Sounds thrilling right? Well it was. It was a close race until lap 19 where I missed a braking point and got off the track. Both of them passed me and I for sure thought it was over, I have to settle for 3rd.

I was about to restart and said ah fuck it just keep going.

I was laughing at what happened next. These motherfuckers decided to come in for another pit stop at the end of lap 20 and 21 respectively.

Now in this situation I'm not too mad as that got me the race win with my 1 stop strategy but who the fuck comes in for pits 2 laps before the race is over? Your first stint was 14 laps, the fuck are you doing?

Mayjaplaya

Neo Member
Well I don't think anyone apart from you expected the sound come from your speakers rather than the console itself. The sounds themselves are okay but obviously sound tinny due to the poor console speakers. It only makes the engine sound when you turn it on via the dedicated console power button. If you use the controller like most people do then there's no sound.

Shame. I just got excited because I've had my computer do it through my speakers for a while and hoped that this console would do the same thing.

op_ivy

Could the ai difficulty issues, specifically the lack there of, be because of a lack of data for drivatar on the new tracks? Anecdotal but after winning Rio by a ton I just finished brands hatch in the rain and won by a ton too.

etta

my hard graphic balls
How do I get my Ford GT to show it's stock body in preview in the "my cars" section? It's showing a pimped out Ford GT, with gangsta rims and a rear wing. It's from a tuning set I downloaded, but since removed it.

Could the ai difficulty issues, specifically the lack there of, be because of a lack of data for drivatar on the new tracks? Anecdotal but after winning Rio by a ton I just finished brands hatch in the rain and won by a ton too.

Its easier to get 1st on pro on the old tracks, but even then the guy in first still puts up more of a fight then his buddies. I also find that in anything B and lower its more noticeable.

op_ivy

Its easier to get 1st on pro on the old tracks, but even then the guy in first still puts up more of a fight then his buddies. I also find that in anything B and lower its more noticeable.
See, most of me experience is the opposite. I'm destroying them on the new tracks, not so much on the old. Which is utterly backwards as I know those tracks far better.

dedhead54

I woke up an hour early (at 7am) to play this game before work today, and I'm going to stay up 30 minutes later than I should tonight to play as well. And then wake up an hour early tomorrow morning to do it again because I have to travel for work this weekend. I haven't woken up early just to play a game in quite a while. This is a damn good game.

huffster999

Neo Member
Played about 3 hours now and i'm loving it so far but is anyone else having problems with achievements not unlocking.By my reckoning i should have 4 but none have unlocked and none are showing any progress towards unlocking

Lima

Played about 3 hours now and i'm loving it so far but is anyone else having problems with achievements not unlocking.By my reckoning i should have 4 but none have unlocked and none are showing any progress towards unlocking

Xbox Live is crapping itself again. No achievements are unlocking in pretty much any game right now. Business as usual, such a shit show this gen.

Don't worry they will either show up as unlocked over the next few days or randomly unlock while doing something else.

Did you see the Rivals challenge to beat the E23@Spa times of Phil Spencer and Romain Grosjean ??
When I read that, I had a big smile on my face. Super cool move from Turn 10.
Grosjean was about a second faster in the game than he was in real life this year. Kinda insane how close the times are even though the physics engine, tyre and aero model of Forza isn't build for high end race cars.

danowat

Banned
Did you see the Rivals challenge to beat the E23@Spa times of Phil Spencer and Romain Grosjean ??
When I read that, I had a big smile on my face. Super cool move from Turn 10.
Grosjean was about a second faster in the game than he was in real life this year. Kinda insane how close the times are even though the physics engine, tyre and aero model of Forza isn't build for high end race cars.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YR-CFLCeclc

gaming_noob

What is next for Turn10? Do they release another Forza in 2 years on Xbox One's 4th year in the market or do they start R&D now, take an extra year to create Forza 7 for the next console? This is all assuming this gen is lasting 5 years...

danowat

Banned
What is next for Turn10? Do they release another Forza in 2 years on Xbox One's 4th year in the market or do they start R&D now, take an extra year to create Forza 7 for the next console? This is all assuming this gen is lasting 5 years...

I hope this gen lasts longer than 5 years!

Lego Boss

I think Forza 7 will be on this hardware. It's not economically viable to move gens so quickly, UNLESS MS see XBONE as saying goodbye to bad rubbish - and of course they have a precedent with the OG Xbox.

Not saying that XBONE is rubbish by the way . . .

Jamesways

If it's only 5 years, GT may never come out for ps4!

Har har har.

I'm fairly certain T10 will stick to the 2 year schedule. They released 3 Forza MS' on the 360. 7 should be coming this gen I would think.

op_ivy

Christ, I don't. Feels creaky already.
This. Perhaps we get a properly powerful console as well. That and fm really really needs a 3 year dev cycle.

BTW, I'm in love with the bac mono. Don't tell my wife.

Top Bottom