• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 6 |OT| Forza turns 10

shinnn

FalseFaithfulHartebeest.gif

I still selfishly hope a 2013-2015 Ford Fusion makes it into the game. I want my actual car in the game. :(
Hell yeah. My wife drives a '13 ecoboost fusion and I'd like to see if it'll do 150 MPH down Mulsanne (without risking my license). Some of the most fun in FM5 and FH2 were had in small to medium FWD cars

There's no KERS in the E23, it's a forced induction electric hybrid, if you're not McLaren this year, you can have electric power for the entire lap. I think in Forza you just get full power all of the time, whereas perhaps only Mercedes could run full revs and electric for any length of the time.

Thanks, I read up on my F1-tech now. Didn't know that there wasn't a KERS button anymore and it's applied automatically depending on the ERS mode selected. There is still a KERS though, since there is still energy recovered from braking, but it's only one part of the ERS.

Regarding your other post about spinning out at 160mph in a corner if you turn to much, I agree. I think there's something wrong with the physics of some cars, particularly the E23. The back will come out at speeds when downforce should be keeping you on the road when you haven't increased throttle.

Have you tried the Peugeot 908? I could not drive it at all, I'd try to turn a corner an it would just spin.
If DRS is engaged, it's not surprising that there is no downforce. Maybe looking at the rear wing in a replay you could see if that was the problem... that Forza automatically engages DRS at certain speeds and that why you get oversteer at high speeds when you expect understeer.

v1ncelis

Absolutely loving game so far. Amazing performance with the best modeled racing tracks yet.
I have only one complain - while racing in wet, car models look off, out of place. Night races on the other hand look amazing.

The 905 has had a HELL of a facelift since it skipped FM5. That Exxon logo is so nice and sharp. Another nice detail is how cars get muddy in the rain instead of gathering marbles.

I actually love this car's looks, sounds and handling so much that I'm level 24 with Peugeot... and I haven't driven any other Peugeots.

terrible

Banned
There's no KERS in the E23, it's a forced induction electric hybrid, if you're not McLaren this year, you can have electric power for the entire lap. I think in Forza you just get full power all of the time, whereas perhaps only Mercedes could run full revs and electric for any length of the time.

Regarding your other post about spinning out at 160mph in a corner if you turn to much, I agree. I think there's something wrong with the physics of some cars, particularly the E23. The back will come out at speeds when downforce should be keeping you on the road when you haven't increased throttle.

Have you tried the Peugeot 908? I could not drive it at all, I'd try to turn a corner an it would just spin. This is when I decided the E23 wasn't that bad.

The problem is basically what Alan from Team VVV says in this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EiNM-1r47mA

PCars has more grip, but Forza loses grip in odd ways. There's a Risi Ferrari F333 SP, I can push that in FM6 same as the 787B, they just grip. It's why I think sometimes the physics are odd.

With how little grip there is in Forza 6 I'm finding that it's not very fun with a wheel. It's sublime with a controller but it just doesn't feel right with my wheel. That's actually really disappointing to me.

Got my copy today, and man it is much better than F5!

Nevertheless, concerning having to finish at least in 3rd position to progress through the career, and the rain physics:

FUCK THEM. FUCK THEM TO HELL. FUCKTHEMFUCKTHEMFUCKTHEMFUCKTHEMFUCKTHEMFUCKTHEM

Need to git gud. It's gonna be soooo good!

etta

my hard graphic balls
I got The Veyron, one of them Audi $1 million cars, that green F1 car worth $1.5 million, and $1 million in cash all in a row.
3AQmK.gif

carl32

Banned
Im enjoying this game much more than i thought i would, i liked FM5 but this is just so much better. The only niggle for me is chase cam in the rain your car looks terrible.

Noobcraft

Does anyone want to get some custom races going later tonight? The last few customs I've done with Forzagaf have been pretty awesome, and now that more people have the game on here it would be cool to get a bigger lobby going.

For all races in 1960's Grand Prix Cars (Brabham BT24 in my case) because they are the worst cars to ever be put to a race track.

They don't turn properly, they can't break, they have no grip. They are just Death-Traps just waiting to happen. Even Assisted Steering could not aid me.

It almost feels like they're not connected to the road.

No, but honestly, I think they're super fun, constant rapid-shaky countersteering the countersteer and minimal-slide through fast corners. The tyre model and the FFB-feel that is making that possible is just amazing.

God that Lotus F1 rivals is horrendous. I hate that car with every fiber of my body.

Why would Lotus give it such short gear ratio, it obviously has too much power to get any sort of grip before 4th gear.

MouldyK

It almost feels like they're not connected to the road.

No, but honestly, I think they're super fun, constant rapid-shaky countersteering the countersteer and minimal-slide through fast corners. The tyre model and the FFB-feel that is making that possible is just amazing.

Well I done them all with the Controller as I could handle them better.

Which means now I have done all 5 Volumes.

So tomorrow it's straight to a 1 Car Division a Day Routine with my Wheel.

zorbsie

We racing tonight folks? I'll be around until 9ish EST when I have to get the kids to bed. Then back on after they are asleep :)

Noticed something strange. In the small selection preview it looked like the RS7 was missing a wheel. I checked a bit closer and it turns out that it has its wheels turned in both preview pictures:

I know it means absolutely nothing, I just thought it was a bit weird how it has its wheels posed and every single other car is straightened out.

RawNuts

Speaking of preview images, does anyone else have some cars with glitched images?
I have a 2-Eleven that faces the wrong direction, has offset blacked out wheels, and a thumbnail that shows the rear of the car.

I have a WRX with the wheels about a foot into the fenders as well.

I mentioned this in the F1 OT, but man, Turn 10 did a great job reproducing the demanding nature of driving these modern turbo hybrid F1 cars with no traction control. You have to be surgical as fuck on the throttle with the massive torque in the lower gears. Really hard with a controller.

Speaking of preview images, does anyone else have some cars with glitched images?
I have a 2-Eleven that faces the wrong direction, has offset blacked out wheels, and a thumbnail that shows the rear of the car.

I haven't noticed it. My 2-Eleven definitely doesn't look wood-grained, and the tires on the Sportback aren't turned in for me the way they are for TheAdmiester.

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
I assumed the jackpot was rigged to help you start out after I got the F1 car at 2 and 1mil at 3.

Hawk269

We racing tonight folks? I'll be around until 9ish EST when I have to get the kids to bed. Then back on after they are asleep :)

I am game. I will be on at around 6pm PST. If I am not on your friends list, my GT is Hawk269. I am not that great, but I don't quit and try to follow racing line as much as I can...so pretty much a clean driver, but not very fast. lol

Hawk269

I assumed the jackpot was rigged to help you start out after I got the F1 car at 2 and 1mil at 3.

I wish. I have had 15 spins so far and on my 15th I hit the 1,000,000 prize, all my others have been cars, mods and below 50,000. So I have been unlucky compared to some of you getting great prizes early on.

I wouldn't be surprise if this was true.

I'm not sure if this is the case for everyone, but I conveniently won a lot of expensive cars that I might need for the career.

zorbsie

Finishing up a career race and then I'll load up a lobby. Invites to anyone who is online. If I missed you and you want in just let me know. GT is zorbs

Top Bottom