• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 6 |OT| Forza turns 10

Puddles really fuck me up. Its brutal hitting those at high speeds.

The best trick is to aim for the straight after the corner before you hit it. So if there's a decent run up, you essentially "make the turn" before you actually get there if that makes sense.

If you do both that and let off the accelerator, you normally come out just fine.

Nista

I haven't gotten very far in campaign mode yet cause I'm too busy messing around with car customization. I need to download more of your guys' liveries once I have a better selection of vehicles.

Is the cloud sync to previous titles for vinyls broken or is it just on my end?

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Why does this shit ai still have no fucking clue how to handle the teeny tiny mini chicane at the start of the Prague circuit!? Why, after having to deal with this issue in fm5 am I still battling against cars that slow down so stupidly and drastically, off the line mind you, that the first mini corner that it turns my lap into a crap shoot of "can I dodge the idocy or will I have to restart yet again"? And since I start mid pack in a 3/lap race, I don't have the luxury to accommodate this kind of horse shit.

Im loving fm6 but there is so much dumb shit that makes it through from one game to the next. It's frustrating.

Hawk269

Why does this shit ai still have no fucking clue how to handle the teeny tiny mini chicane at the start of the Prague circuit!? Why, after having to deal with this issue in fm5 am I still battling against cars that slow down so stupidly and drastically, off the line mind you, that the first mini corner that it turns my lap into a crap shoot of "can I dodge the idocy or will I have to restart yet again"? And since I start mid pack in a 3/lap race, I don't have the luxury to accommodate this kind of horse shit.

Im loving fm6 but there is so much dumb shit that makes it through from one game to the next. It's frustrating.

This has been the case for a while in Forza. Any chicanes and they slow down, even though some can be taken at higher speeds, AI usually breaks pretty hard through them. I was on Road Atlanta yesterday and took 1st place easily due to the chicane where they would slow down and was able to catch up and pass them easily due to it.

Like you, I wish they would fix some of these odd AI things.

terrible

Banned
This has been the case for a while in Forza. Any chicanes and they slow down, even though some can be taken at higher speeds, AI usually breaks pretty hard through them. I was on Road Atlanta yesterday and took 1st place easily due to the chicane where they would slow down and was able to catch up and pass them easily due to it.

Yeah the carousel on Road America guarantees victory for you 90% of the time. With that said I just did a race on there in my career and I had a drivatar absolutely fly by me on the carousel on my last lap. That's the first time I've ever seen a drivatar take it properly.

Yeah the carousel on Road America guarantees victory for you 90% of the time. With that said I just did a race on there in my career and I had a drivatar absolutely fly by me on the carousel on my last lap. That's the first time I've ever seen a drivatar take it properly.

I find that it's only the one on Watkins Glen that the AI brakes a lot for.

I can drive with all four wheels on the rumble strips through that chicane for a smoother line without dirtying my lap, but the AI doesn't realise that so they brake harder and take the slower line. Almost guarantees a win, especially on longer races.

op_ivy

This has been the case for a while in Forza.

Yeah, my point exactly. I think this Prague example is the worst of many examples. I kind of gave it a pass with fm5, first drivatar outing and all, butt this is shit ai. Others do it bettter. Learning ai my ass.

ghibli99

Very impressed with this so far. Only through the first showcase (same from the demo), but the flow, rewards, and overall feel of the game is much improved over FM5, which I lost interest in so quickly. I'm hoping this leaves me with the satisfaction I felt with FM4, and so far, it looks like it will. :)

Mayjaplaya

Neo Member
Surprisingly, the local mall's Microsoft Store not only had a Forza 6 demo available but a TX 458 Italia and a seat and wheel/pedal mount hooked up to it.

I haven't played Forza or "real" sim racers with a wheel before. When the S2000 snapped back, I subconsciously thought "lol, I'm not fighting this wheel" and got destroyed. It turns out the FF was set to 100%, and the assists were on the "Veteran" preset. Yeesh.

And what a coincidence too. Just yesterday I whipped out the ol' Forza 2 for the RX-7 Spirit R and thought "this car drives marvelously even with a controller, but wouldn't it be that much better with a wheel?" After trying the wheel in Forza 6, imo it's everything it's cracked up to be.

I also tried that Indy race everybody was talking about back then. Hoo-hoo. I managed not to get dizzy or anything, but it really was really fucking fast. I know this is totally paradoxical but when I played it I felt like I was really playing a arcade video game (as the old cliche "video-game steering" or "video-game acceleration" goes), even more so than when I was driving the Ford GT or the 22B.

I've already contacted a guy on Craigslist to see if he can sell me a Forza 6 Xbox One bundle, and now I've got a wheel to think about. The MS Store's selling wheels for 25% off, and a $300 TX 458 Italia is mighty appetizing.

op_ivy

I can drive with all four wheels on the rumble strips through that chicane for a smoother line without dirtying my lap, but the AI doesn't realise that so they brake harder and take the slower line. Almost guarantees a win, especially on longer races.
Only? Race Prague. Within a few seconds the ai will brake on a curve the fastest car can take at full speed.

terrible

Banned

I haven't run enough laps on Watkins to notice it but for me Road America's carousel is the most obvious one going back to Forza 5. Drivatar difficulty level may play a role in this as well since I don't play against Unbeatable AI.

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
Stuff the people who complained about the paper crowds in FM5. Looked better to drive past then whatever it is now.

Klocker

Brazil trades in the flock of white birds for a bunch of hang gliders.

I've only had it happen once so far (a Jaguar). It used to piss me off in FH2 since you didn't get the full amount.

Yep and not only did you not get the credits you couldn't sell the car either. This is so much better.

Now if only they could add a few of the good ideas from FH too. :)

Evo X

Tonight was some of the most fun I've ever had playing online. Physically exhausted from laughing.

ForzaGAF is amazing.

willbsn13

That was the most fun I've had online in a long time. First time on ForzaGAF didn't disappoint. Thanks for the great clean racing everybody!
except you Noobcraft..... ;)

Lima

So the Ultima GTR has the smallest fuel tank ever or what? I just did the 8 laps on Monza in the Factory Spec event. At the end you only have like maybe 20% max fuel left. 10% fuel per lap? What the hell.

KAOS

Two excellent back to back racing games for MS with Forza Horizon 2 and Forza 6! Kudos to Turn 10 on an awesome game! One of the things I love about the Forza games is how it let's you customize the game to your liking. Playing Free mode at first I was a little disappointed that it didn't let you create your own playlist (something I hope they add in a future update) and that it always started you off in front of the grid with weak drivatar ai no matter there skill level. I was hoping there could be some way for me to change my starting grid position to make the game more challenging. Then all of sudden I guess when my tier level when up enough my starting grid position became 24 place and the drivatar ai level also kicked in. This is what I wanted!!! Such a beautiful fun game!

If I had some request it would be for some more racing tracks like Maple Valley, Fujimi Kaido, Camino Viejo and a new New York track.

Also please make the Forza hub something special! Make it into the Warehouse... a hub where players can download liveries for FH2 and F6, check out the top ten liveries and livery creators can get game credits for in game currency or Forza dlc.

So the Ultima GTR has the smallest fuel tank ever or what? I just did the 8 laps on Monza in the Factory Spec event. At the end you only have like maybe 20% max fuel left. 10% fuel per lap? What the hell.

Fuel consumption in FM6 is unrealistically high in many cars. My R18 hit empty near the end of its fifth lap at Le Mans, (a typical fuel stint during a race is around 12 laps). I ran out right at the entry to the Porsche Curves and had to coast my way into the pits; at any other point on the circuit, I'd have been screwed.

It's frustrating given how wonderful the game is as a whole, but similar to how Turn 10 apparently simulates KERS, DRS and other bits of race tech, (i.e. not at all), the fuel consumption is yet another aspect that's clearly not based in reality.

I'll be damned, though, if the night racing visuals at Le Mans and Daytona aren't among the most convincing I've seen. Shit looks absolutely, positively spot-on.

billeh

I love the Focus Cosworth dearly, but dear lord what pleasure it was to drive an Evo VIII after the hot hatches segment.

Lima

Indy 500 (250) done on unbeatable.

Terrific.

Had no idea if I was going to win until I gained the lead after lap 89.

Fess

With how little grip there is in Forza 6 I'm finding that it's not very fun with a wheel. It's sublime with a controller but it just doesn't feel right with my wheel. That's actually really disappointing to me.
I feel the exact opposite, Forza 6 is amazing with a TX wheel, to the point that it's almost not even worth playing with the controller anymore since I feel nothing of the puddles and the racing is just too sterile imo. Same thing happened with Forza Horizon 2 for me. Okayish with a controller, amazing with a wheel.

MouldyK

Can you guys with wheels post pics of your setup? I want to see how you guys are kitted out for Forza 6.

I'll start with the worst entry:

12032894_10203958817324934_5344512340572435778_o.jpg

Folds away nicely:

I'm not a Hardcore Racing Fan, so just have a small set-up of wood and a beanbag. Let the better submissions commence!

Peterpan

Started playing yesterday, easily my favourite racing game of all time. GT4 and 3 used to hold the prize, but this is topping them, bringing back those old feels of when I played GT3 for the 1st time. Too early to say it has topped them, but it is slowly shaping up to. Might join you guys once I get deeper into the career.

Fess

Can you guys with wheels post pics of your setup? I want to see how you guys are kitted out for Forza 6.
Simple but still great, a Wheelstand Pro and Thrustmaster TX plus leather wheel add on.
LTxfRwi.jpg

My first force feedback wheel ever and I'm still in awe about how much it adds to the experience, I just can't go back to using controllers again, for better or worse because the downside is that I need to get a second wheel when GT7 comes out now because these wheels aren't multiplatform for some weird reason. (!!!)

Lima

Lol ran out of fuel on lap 30 at the porsche curves during the Le Mans endurance race. Whoops. 1h45m wasted. Aw yiss.

Simple but still great, a Wheelstand Pro and Thrustmaster TX plus leather wheel add on.
LTxfRwi.jpg

My first force feedback wheel ever and I'm still in awe about how much it adds to the experience, I just can't go back to using controllers again, for better or worse because the downside is that I need to get a second wheel when GT7 comes out now because these wheels aren't multiplatform for some weird reason. (!!!)

Miss my projector.

Maybe they'll release the standalone T300 base like Thrustmaster did with the TX.

Fess

Miss my projector.

Maybe they'll release the standalone T300 base like Thrustmaster did with the TX.
I would still have to buy the base and switch on the wheel stand. Shouldn't have to do that. I don't get why they can't get the TX wheel to work on PS4 too, it's USB and it works on PC, why not on PS4? Same thing with Logitech's wheels, but the other way. The wheels are either PS4+PC or XB1+PC. Why not PS4+XB1+PC? Driver issues? Or they just want to keep robbing us?

Top Bottom