• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 6 |OT| Forza turns 10

skyfinch

the xbox is on fire, with all these awesome games.

literally

Desktop61111.jpg

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co...ed-paramedics-after-10096575#ICID=FB-MEN-main

What the fuck does this have to do with forza 6?

frontieruk

What the fuck does this have to do with forza 6?

Forza 6 is an Xbox game???

But you're right I'm guessing this guy isn't going to last long here.

Fake edit : -

Fun facts so far from the survey

Laguna Seca is the most popular track.

People hate Bathurst more than Sebring.

Saturdays looks to be the best time to get people together.

frontieruk

You seem to be taking a joke pretty personally. i had MEN tab open on oneside. Neogaf open on the other.

Might of gone down better in the Xbox One main thread rather than this one, racing is serious business on gaf, the system wars aren't anywhere near the brutality of the racing wars.

Hawk269

Forza 6 is an Xbox game???

But you're right I'm guessing this guy isn't going to last long here.

Fake edit : -

Fun facts so far from the survey

Laguna Seca is the most popular track.

People hate Bathurst more than Sebring.

Saturdays looks to be the best time to get people together.

Kind of surprised about Laguna Seca. I guess since I have been playing that track in every Forza game, I am a little bored with it, so I did not rate it very high. Silverstone is pretty low for me, not lower than the test tracks if they were given an option.

frontieruk

bathurst rules!

Kind of surprised about Laguna Seca. I guess since I have been playing that track in every Forza game, I am a little bored with it, so I did not rate it very high. Silverstone is pretty low for me, not lower than the test tracks if they were given an option.

Still the most unpopular track in the survey so far...

I would give Sebring a negative score if I could.

This was what I was expecting to see...

I like Laguna Seca, but I think it's popularity in this survey will have more to do with the pool it's in.

Lol. You actually have an uncle named Glen Watkins? Classic.

Seca is a perennial, its layout brings about interesting races, no matter how bored people are of it.

Yeah, I lol'd.

Portman

ForzaGAF is awesome. I think the Forza community overall is pretty great.

League play is a little frustrating right now in my experience, but that should work itself out.

At $20, the VIP pass is a pricey, but the cars are excellent and the double CR bonus is really nice, particularly now that Forza Rewards seem to have been reduced.

The car pass is worth it for me because I love the monthly excitement of new cars, and I just like supporting the game, but it's definitely not necessary.

One thing to keep in mind about the car packs if you're on the fence is that everyone gets one free car per pack, and if there's a particular car you ever want, you can just buy that pack for $5.

1. It's pretty good as far as online communities go. The racing is mixed, with some players more interested in playing demolition derbies than racing, but for the most part it's fun.

Also you're welcome to join in on ForzaGAF races but you might be overwhelmed by my plethora of incredibly good ideas.

2. The Gurkha. I don't know how the car pass will turn out (they're usually pretty decent), but the VIP and (separately) the Gurkha are awesome.

Thanks for the replies and info! I'll take a look at the community list (I'm thinking it's in the OP) and see what I need to do to join in.

I gave the VIP membership a very detailed review with plenty of images. Please check it out:

Forza 6 VIP membership review

Thanks for the review! That helped me out with the decision to get the VIP membership.

I'll get the survey done in a moment asking about tracks and timing. From reading about the community on here I'm going to go ahead and get my Xbox Live renewed and grab the extras for the game. It might be a few days before I get around to starting the game but once I progress a bit I'll be up for some online fun with everyone.

frontieruk

why are the leagues in the night for eu -.-

Forzagaf is because we're trying to make it accessible to most, and as 8am in the morning here puts it a 2am there its not likely to happen.
There are afternoon times though...

Unless you're on about normal Forza leagues which open at different times throughout the day.

dragn

Forzagaf is because we're trying to make it accessible to most, and as 8am in the morning here puts it a 2am there its not likely to happen.
There are afternoon times though...

Unless you're on about normal Forza leagues which open at different times throughout the day.

oh i see the next window, my fault thanks ;P

Portman

The survey feels like it isn't going to give an accurate sample of options since the day of the week selection didn't allow multiple options to be selected. (such as multiple days being "I can make it" it forced it to one selection).

Took it as best as I could make it fit. Also rated some of the tracks as neutral since I haven't raced them yet (or don't remember them). Hopefully that doesn't mess up the results.

league_signups2clk2p.png

It's time to announce the ForzaGAF league signups!!!

Now I've got your attention its only a tease, Zorbs and I are busy planning something special, but we'd like your help.

Please quote this post and complete the short survey to help us gauge how to mold our plans.

Many thanks from Zorbs and myself for taking the time to complete it.

Completed

frontieruk

oh i see the next window, my fault thanks ;P

No problem!

The survey feels like it isn't going to give an accurate sample of options since the day of the week selection didn't allow multiple options to be selected. (such as multiple days being "I can make it" it forced it to one selection).

Took it as best as I could make it fit. Also rated some of the tracks as neutral since I haven't raced them yet (or don't remember them). Hopefully that doesn't mess up the results.

No answers are wrong answers !

We're limiting it as the more options we give the bigger mess we have to sort through to get this going, as we're dealing with timezones it can be a complete bitch.

But dont worry, we've got ideas to involve everyone.

Completed

Thanks !

zorbsie

Surveyed!
Saturday and Sunday are best for me, but it only let me pick one so I went with Sunday to keep with Tradition. :)

Hopefully this will give us some good data to come up with league setup.

I'm sending this over to P3tran, I'm sure he's down for league racing and he can't quote the post.

frontieruk

Fun facts before I hit the sack, I'm up in 5 hours :S

Bathurst and Indy are duking it out for least popular track, Its Indy ATM.

Spa has become the most popular track, which bucks the trend as the other F1 tracks are in the lower rankings.

Only one person wants to race E class cars, and they love them.

Weekends in the afternoon / evening are getting the votes. No surprises here.

zorbsie

I made up a quick promotional logo for the GAF league.

It captures the true essence of professional motorsport.

THIS SUNDAY, SUNDAY, SUNDAY!
COME SEE GURKHASARUS!
ONLY IN FORZAGAF...GAF...GAF
WE'LL SELL YOU THE WHOLE SEAT BUT YOU'LL ONLY NEED THE EDGE!
KIDS UNDER 8 GET IN FREE.
BE THERE!

That looks bad ass dude. Did you take two shots of the trucks or did you just change the colour in photoshop?

OneLetter

So what's the best way to get in on the nightly ForzaGAF races? Appears I was the last one to sign up on the sheet, want to prove how terrible I really am. :D

It's a Top Gear episode where they try to determine the most effective hired transport, I believe. You should be able to find the episode with just "top gear limo race"

I will!

Got my copy of Forza 6 on Saturday, the postman delivered it alarmingly late, making me think I'd have to wait for Monday. Really enjoying it so far. The night, rain and larger number of tracks really make it more enjoyable than FM5. The presentation and menues are really slick, loving it!

Had to have the controller too!

dsc_0129kyuc6.jpg

Dominator

Finished Sebring 300... Felt good. Gained 16 levels from it lol

I should probably start buying some cars, I have over 6 million credits.

Impulsor

SO is the fast and furious pack worth it?

I got the VIP pass, thinking about getting the normal car pass and maybe spice it up with the fast and furious pack.

willbsn13

SO is the fast and furious pack worth it?

I got the VIP pass, thinking about getting the normal car pass and maybe spice it up with the fast and furious pack.

Depends if your a fan of the films. Or you just want to screw around in 16,000lb armored military SUV with ForzaGAF

danowat

Banned

league_signups2clk2p.png

It's time to announce the ForzaGAF league signups!!!

Now I've got your attention its only a tease, Zorbs and I are busy planning something special, but we'd like your help.

Please quote this post and complete the short survey to help us gauge how to mold our plans.

Many thanks from Zorbs and myself for taking the time to complete it.

Done ;)

Top Bottom