• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 6 |OT| Forza turns 10

Dominator

Just have a question from some players.

Do most of you do the endurance races? I'm trying to get through the showcase races but those endurance ones give me such pause.

82 laps and 300 miles??? Is it even fun after 10 minutes? I've never done one.

OneLetter

Do most of you do the endurance races? I'm trying to get through the showcase races but those endurance ones give me such pause.

I just completed the Nurburgring one, since it was only 8 laps (a total of around 72 min), and it wasn't that bad. The 350 mile one though has me a little concerned, especially after doing the Forza 5 2.4 Hours of LeMans challenge with no breaks. I was a bit worn out after that.

negitoro7

This is my first Forza and first time using a wheel and pedal setup. Thought I was doing well until turning off assisted braking... Holy shit I suck at this game. Having a blast though, will get online with you guys once I pay for Gold when Halo 5 is out.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Also, if you think you're the only ones suffering with the E23 check this out straight from this weekends singapore GP from the F1 OT: (credit to SunhiLegend)
untitled-2rcljw.gif

haha, Pastor nearly bit it there.

I did OK with it. I hit 1.56.809 using just my a controller. It's not great, but not bad either. I'm somewhere midpack, I guess. Couldn't beat Grosjean.

frontieruk

haha, Pastor nearly bit it there.

I did OK with it. I hit 1.56.809 using just my a controller. It's not great, but not bad either. I'm somewhere midpack, I guess. Couldn't beat Grosjean.

That wasn't pastor that was our own evo x, you could tell by the big balls.

Lima

how 2 draft yourself 101

What kind of question is that. I think some people are playing this game for all the wrong reasons. If racing around a track isn't your thing then why even play the game?

Branson

Welcome to real ass racing.

Dominator

What kind of question is that. I think some people are playing this game for all the wrong reasons. If racing around a track isn't your thing then why even play the game?
When one race lasts over 2-3 hours...? Not that ridiculous of a question friend.

I've probably put 15 hours in the game so far, not one race passed 20 minutes.

You're going to try to tell me I'm playing the game wrong because I don't want to do one race that last over 2 hours? 82 laps of the same track with the same car?

Yeah, I'm crazy right?

Lima

When once race lasts over 2-3 hours...? Not that ridiculous of a question friend.

I've probably put 15 hours in the game so far, not one race passed 20 minutes.

You're going to try to tell me I'm playing the game wrong because I don't want to do one race that last over 2 hours? 82 laps of the same track with the same car?

Yeah, I'm crazy right?

Yes cause that is what racing is all about. Have you ever seen a fucking 2-5 lap race anywhere in real life? No you didn't.

Yes cause that is what racing is all about. Have you ever seen a fucking 2-5 lap race anywhere in real life? No you didn't.

Calm down buddy.

His original question asked if anyone else was not into endurance races, not that they are pointless or anything. He just wanted to know if people enjoyed them, a simple yes I do would have sufficed instead of jumping all over him.

terrible

Banned
I've done practice sessions that lasted an hour without even realizing it. Practice, we're talking about practice.

I have not done an endurance race yet though. For sure I'll be all over them as soon as I'm more comfortable with my wheel and settings though.

Dominator

I'm playing a video game. This series is not pure simulation.

Why are you acting like playing these endurance races are a requirement to enjoying the game? I just asked if most people found them fun. I'm sure a bunch of players don't even touch those because they don't have the time, and I want to get a feel for them before I give one a shot.

I was in no way, shape or form putting down anyone who does these races. Stop acting like what I said was sacrilegious to the experience of playing Forza.

EDIT:

Calm down buddy.

His original question asked if anyone else was not into endurance races, not that they are pointless or anything. He just wanted to know if people enjoyed them, a simple yes I do would have sufficed instead of jumping all over him.

Thanks.

leng jai

You're surprised that some people don't feel like doing 50+ consecutive laps one in one sitting?

Evo X

I swear to god every night of ForzaGAF multiplayer is better than the last. If you're not with us, you're missing out on some comedy gold.

I swear to god every night of ForzaGAF multiplayer is better than the last. If you're not with us, you're missing out on some comedy gold.

I seriously hate my job so much right now. Its bad enough I work while everyone else is asleep, but I'm missing out on this also.........I need to find a new job!

Fess

Haven't tried a long endurance race yet, but generally speaking, it all depends on the competition and general difficulty for me. Most races are fun as long as I have a few cars infront of me to hunt, but when I get to the leading position and it feel like I need to mess up real bad to lose it's not as fun anymore. An endurance race with bad competition must be a chore, some of the 6+ laps races are bad enough if the tracks are too boring imo. But a tip is to increase the AI difficulty and turn off all or most assists just to make it more challenging. I guess going from the cosmetic damage settings to the realistic one is another tip depending on how skilled you are. I'm still mostly using cosmetic damage myself though, love the game but I'm afraid I'll break the wheel out of frustration if I mess up at the end of a longer race :p

GHG

Gold Member

You guys play in the early hours of the morning for me so its impossible :( .

My weekends are also FridaySaturday which doesn't help.

That Sebring 300 Endurance race was like the best thing ever, holy shit I'm gonna do it again tomorrow (but first I'm gonna do SPA 100) :D

19 spins after that one race ...

21373607778_d9ffb23af4_o.png

And Affinity from 0 (first time in audi in Forza 6) to 25 after that one race, it's crazy...

21535259826_b6df332f78_o.png

Dominator

Haven't tried a long endurance race yet, but generally speaking, it all depends on the competition and general difficulty for me. Most races are fun as long as I have a few cars infront of me to hunt, but when I get to the leading position and it feel like I need to mess up real bad to lose it's not as fun anymore. An endurance race with bad competition must be a chore, some of the 6+ laps races are bad enough if the tracks are too boring imo. But a tip is to increase the AI difficulty and turn off all or most assists just to make it more challenging. I guess going from the cosmetic damage settings to the realistic one is another tip depending on how skilled you are. I'm still mostly using cosmetic damage myself though, love the game but I'm afraid I'll break the wheel out of frustration if I mess up at the end of a longer race :p
Good advice, I'll probably up the difficulty whenever I try one out.

On another note,

Sweet!

I'll admit, I found it around 1 hour too long (think I was probably the first to complete it on here) and the ridiculous fuel simulation they've got in place didn't help matters either as it gives you very little (read: none) room to flex your pit strategy.

Mascot

Is it all about the zany antics, wheelie cars, massive pile-ups etc or do you guys also try to race cleanly and courteously with places conceded back if taken unlawfully, respect for opponents' racing lines, actively avoiding collisions etc?

Basically, are session more akin to banger racing or club meets? Or do you do a combo of both?

frontieruk

Is it all about the zany antics, wheelie cars, massive pile-ups etc or do you guys also try to race cleanly and courteously with places conceded back if taken unlawfully, respect for opponents' racing lines, actively avoiding collisions etc?

Basically, are session more akin to banger racing or club meets? Or do you do a combo of both?

Rubbing is racing, crashes happen and walls jump in Evo Xs way is what I've learnt.

Seriously though the impromptu get togeathers have racing but as there's no points in place a crash or spin just gets laughed off... Even just before the line on the last lap.

When we get a points championship running shit gets real, crashing is frowned upon and you actually see guys swerve off the track rather than ruin someone else's race when they cock up.

Dominator

I'll admit, I found it around 1 hour too long (think I was probably the first to complete it on here) and the ridiculous fuel simulation they've got in place didn't help matters either as it gives you very little (read: none) room to flex your pit strategy.
Interesting, didn't even know there were pit stops. I just started the 82 lap one (not gonna do it in one sitting, my console will be in rest mode in a bit lol). How do I see when I have to go? Does an icon pop up when I need to be serviced?

T.O.P

Banned
That Sebring 300 Endurance race was like the best thing ever, holy shit I'm gonna do it again tomorrow (but first I'm gonna do SPA 100) :D

19 spins after that one race ...

21373607778_d9ffb23af4_o.png

And Affinity from 0 (first time in audi in Forza 6) to 25 after that one race, it's crazy...

21535259826_b6df332f78_o.png

My car got destroyed at the 45th lap

FML

Interesting, didn't even know there were pit stops. I just started the 82 lap one (not gonna do it in one sitting, my console will be in rest mode in a bit lol). How do I see when I have to go? Does an icon pop up when I need to be serviced?
There is a bar below the speedometer and some cars will have a 'litres' or 'laps left'reading in cokcpit view - i did it off the litres view which equalled around every 15 or so laps. The tyres go off at the same rate too.

It's probably worth turning fuel/tyre sim off TBH as it serves no purpose.

Dominator

There is a bar below the speedometer and some cars will have a 'litres' or 'laps left'reading in cokcpit view - i did it off the litres view which equalled around every 15 or so laps. The tyres go off at the same rate too.

It's probably worth turning fuel/tyre sim off TBH as it serves no purpose.
It seems as if I already had it off. Went into the pit and it just slowly drove me through it until I exited the other end without anything happening. I'm glad its off though just seems like an annoyance to me personally.

GHG

Gold Member
Can't believe I'm reading that people are worried about the endurance races.. They are what I'm looking forward to doing most in the game once I can set aside some time later this week.

Dominator

Can't believe I'm reading that people are worried about the endurance races.. They are what I'm looking forward to doing most in the game once I can set aside some time later this week.
Different strokes. I just spent an hour and a half doing only half of the laps on the 82 lap/300 mile Sebring race. Gonna finish tomorrow with it, so I find that if I split it I will be ok. I was just listening to a podcast while I was doing it.

I'm sure some can do that in one sitting but the monotony is a little bit much for me to do it all in one sitting. Thats just how I play racing games though, nothing against them.

Haven't tried an endurance race on forza 6 but one of my more enjoyable moments this gen was the 90 mins of Spa hopper on Forza 5.

Not really a racing fan but I jumped in with a couple of friends and spent the hour and a half chatting shit while driving round. Got into a zone after a while and it was pretty relaxing, you settle into a nice rhythm and go into auto pilot.

Dude, racing Gurkhas is serious business.

zorbsie

Impromptu meetups are just for fun. There are some goofy races but there are also a fair share of clean races. ForzaGAF league racing was more serious racing with points tallied weekly. We'll get that started soon.

Oof, just had a race that started with 24 players and it was a complete disaster.

The disaster wasn't down to the players - everyone was decently clean and I still came 6th - but the game completely broke down. Just from observations (ie. not real measurements) the game was running at around 30-40FPS, with some spikes to what felt like about 5FPS. It completely messed with me having these stutters, and in some cases I hit a wall or spun out completely.

I dunno if this was just one isolated case but it ran like shit, I'm thinking something needs to be seriously optimised or downgraded if this is a common issue.

I know game clips are 30FPS so you won't see the "general" bad performance, but there are some awful stutters I captured: http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/TheAdmiester/video/9962756

Mascot

Oof, just had a race that started with 24 players and it was a complete disaster.

The disaster wasn't down to the players - everyone was decently clean and I still came 6th - but the game completely broke down. Just from observations (ie. not real measurements) the game was running at around 30-40FPS, with some spikes to what felt like about 5FPS. It completely messed with me having these stutters, and in some cases I hit a wall or spun out completely.

I dunno if this was just one isolated case but it ran like shit, I'm thinking something needs to be seriously optimised or downgraded if this is a common issue.

I know game clips are 30FPS so you won't see the "general" bad performance, but there are some awful stutters I captured: http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/TheAdmiester/video/9962756

I'd guess this was either a temporary bug or down to a bad connection. As I understand it MP races should load the game engine less than equivalent SP sessions as there's no AI behaviour to compute.

Top Bottom