• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 6 |OT| Forza turns 10

willbsn13

Damn you... The moment you said ForzaGAF...

You know you want in...(;

SAi3iXA.gif

ekim

league_signups2clk2p.png

It's time to announce the ForzaGAF league signups!!!

Now I've got your attention its only a tease, Zorbs and I are busy planning something special, but we'd like your help.

Please quote this post and complete the short survey to help us gauge how to mold our plans.

Many thanks from Zorbs and myself for taking the time to complete it.

Done

danowat

Banned
Lotus E23, jesus wept, that thing is tough to drive without lighting the tyres up, the AI have no problem with traction though which means races with the AI have a massive "accordion affect", where they leave the player for dead on acceleration, but you close up on them massively in braking zones and in corners, makes it a bit tricky.

Did a race on Spa in the wet, and I would probably say that is arguably the best visuals I've witnessed in a racing game, it looks stunning.

While on the subject of graphics, is the AA dynamic?, I swear I see differences in the same tracks, per lap, in terms of AA.

ekim

Lotus E23, jesus wept, that thing is tough to drive without lighting the tyres up, the AI have no problem with traction though which means races with the AI have a massive "accordion affect", where they leave the player for dead on acceleration, but you close up on them massively in braking zones and in corners, makes it a bit tricky.

Did a race on Spa in the wet, and I would probably say that is arguably the best visuals I've witnessed in a racing game, it looks stunning.

While on the subject of graphics, is the AA dynamic?, I swear I see differences in the same tracks, per lap, in terms of AA.

I know what you mean. Maybe depending on the number of cars on screen?

frontieruk

Well spotted.

danowat

Banned
I know what you mean. Maybe depending on the number of cars on screen?

Yeah, normally on the first lap or two when you are in the pack, the AA does appear worse, at least to me.

Maybe it's placebo, I don't know, someone with some direct feed gear would be able to prove / disprove it.

As long as you short shift up to 6th or 7th gear LOL!

That thing has so much torque, if the real thing is anything like that, those drivers must have huge testes.

Maldonado is certain why he crashes, though: he’s got the biggest balls of them all.

“When Pastor crashes, its big news,” Maldonado told The Telegraph. “When the other people crash, there is no news.

“To find the limit, you need to cross the limit,” Maldonado told The Telegraph, as reprinted by Speed. “I think I have the big balls to cross the limit every time.”

;)

Noobcraft

You know you want in...(;

SAi3iXA.gif
Boop.

I love that our shenanigans ruined my drivatar stats. My reported all-time top speed is 500 MPH, my peak tire pressure is 149,000 lbs, and there are a number of other statistics it has gathered that are so extreme the driver would die/the vehicle would be totally destroyed.

fozzy

Good luck! It's funny that endurance races of all races have problems with rewind.

Yeah at first it was rewinding but without the rewind animation. Just the Forza logo. And the camera would be to the side of the car.

I put the controller down for a minute and somehow the game unpaused and I was last place and it wouldn't let me rewind.

Shame you can't save your progress mid game instead of having to do it in one sitting.

GHG

Gold Member

league_signups2clk2p.png

It's time to announce the ForzaGAF league signups!!!

Now I've got your attention its only a tease, Zorbs and I are busy planning something special, but we'd like your help.

Please quote this post and complete the short survey to help us gauge how to mold our plans.

Many thanks from Zorbs and myself for taking the time to complete it.

Done :)

Will ForzaGAF races for points be one-make?
If not, can I be in just for fun, even if I know that I won't really have a chance considering my car/track combination?
Or is this like serious racing as in schedule with tracks announced ahead of time and everyone is preparing their cars for the track?
New car for every race allowed? Or one car per weekend? One car per pp-class that has to be re-used if the class comes up another weekend?? Always tuned for upper pp-class limit or are there stock setup races too (for WTCC-, GT-cars and so on that really should be the case)?

What about point penalties for cutting track and gaining an advantage etc. ?
Are all assists allowed? Damage & Fuel??

GHG

Gold Member
Will ForzaGAF races for points be one-make?
If not, can I be in just for fun, even if I know that I won't really have a chance considering my car/track combination?
Or is this like serious racing as in schedule with tracks announced ahead of time and everyone is preparing their cars for the track?
New car for every race allowed? Or one car per weekend? One car per pp-class that has to be re-used if the class comes up another weekend?? Always tuned for upper pp-class limit or are there stock setup races too (for WTCC-, GT-cars and so on that really should be the case)?

What about point penalties for cutting track and gaining an advantage etc. ?
Are all assists allowed? Damage & Fuel??

I personally think there should be a car/track schedule predefined ahead of schedule so that everyone can practice the car/track combo beforehand. Everyone has the same car, it needs to be stock but you are allowed to setup your car how you wish.

Assists should be down to player preference but no ridiculous assists like brake/steering assists.

That's just my take on it.

I personally think there should be a car/track schedule predefined ahead of schedule so that everyone can practice the car/track combo beforehand. Everyone has the same car, it needs to be stock but you are allowed to setup your car how you wish.

Assists should be down to player preference but no ridiculous assists like brake/steering assists.

That's just my take on it.

Personally I'd like it, if cars would have to be stock with just upgrades like tyre to at least street compound(so all are on the same level) and suspension, diff and anti-rollbars tuned to be adjustable (maybe weight reduction and rollcages allowed).

I have not much interest in one-make races and training a track with a certain car forever, so I'd like it if there was an unannounced schedule, you can race whatever (more-or-less) stock car you like within a certain pp-limit but you have to use it for at least x races in a row in that pp-limit class and the TRACKS are chosen in a way that is not beneficial to just light-weight cars or just super powerful cars, you know, that not the one-make but the unanounced diverse but balanced track-selection is the equalizer. (would be nice if you could setup the suspension, downforce etc. within the practice laps for the new track then).

Damage turned on and Point penalties for cutting track(edit: only if you gained an advantage, if it was a mistake and you lost time, then no penalty, and if it was a mistake and you gained a second, you can park your car for 1 second to nullify that and get no point penaltiess later on) would be cool too.
That's my 2 cents.

Any word on upcoming changes T10 plans to patch?

Hopefully they'll address some of the force feedback concerns, I like the improvements but still there's a work to be done and now with more and more wheel owners there's a lot of complaints.

If you're gonna offer limited to zero custom options as Forza often does all through the game then it had better well be damn near perfect.

dugdug

Banned
Loving this game so far, but, one thing that's driving (hur dur) me crazy is how, in every race against AI, whoever's in first is super far ahead of the rest. It happens in every single race for me.

veidi

Any word on upcoming changes T10 plans to patch?

Nick Wiswell said that the Ford Mustang 350GT is loading the wrong sound file.
So this is what i expect to get patched some time.

The Force Feedback Issues are currently a big thing in the official forums, but nothing comes back from Turn10 yet, so far as I know.

Really hope that we get more patches and fixes this time.
Maybe more options would be also nice.

Hopefully they'll address some of the force feedback concerns, I like the improvements but still there's a work to be done and now with more and more wheel owners there's a lot of complaints.

If you're gonna offer limited to zero custom options as Forza often does all through the game then it had better well be damn near perfect.

Oh god, I hope they don't pull a PCARS on this. I was ok with the day1 settings in that game, then found out about the SoP option (thanks to inside sim racing) and tweaked all my cars to have a little less tyre feel and a little more SoP, felt really good, then the community said the FFB was too weak, 3 weeks later they patched it SO FUCKING HARD I turned the overall FFB from 100 down to 55 and you could still feel the tyres (not the weight or g forces, more like the tyres resistance to any kind of slip) too much then. But it was ok..., THEN they patched it again, now I have my FFB at 37 in that game and kinda stopped playing it.

If they patch FM6's FFB, they really need to patch in more OPTIONS and not change everyone's FFB feel.

Oh god, I hope they don't pull a PCARS on this. I was ok with the day1 settings in that game, then found out about the SoP option (thanks to inside sim racing) and tweaked all my cars to have a little less tyre feel and a little more SoP, felt really good, then the community said the FFB was too weak, 3 weeks later they patched it SO FUCKING HARD I turned the overall FFB from 100 down to 55 and you could still feel the tyres (not the weight or g forces, more like the tyres resistance to any kind of slip) too much then. But it was ok..., THEN they patched it again, now I have my FFB at 37 in that game and kinda stopped playing it.

If they patch FM6's FFB, they really need to patch in more OPTIONS and not change everyone's FFB feel.

It wouldn't have been so bad if you didn't have to change every car individually.

Fox Mulder

I just raced on Laguna seca for the first time, love the little details. Been racing the track in various games since the ps1, but it feels so dry and dusty now.

It's a bug. T10 is already investigating.

It's happened since 5, weird they only just now noticed it.

Lima

I don't think this is the same as FM5. You can put a race on New Racer and get a driver in the pole position who post Unbeatable lap times.

It happens on Unbeatable too though. One or two guys ahead of the field putting up lap times 4 seconds quicker than the rest of the field. Where do these get pulled from? I'm already playing on the highest difficulty.

It wouldn't have been so bad if you didn't have to change every car individually.
I don't really know how they would have done it otherwise to make every car feel so unique, but some overall "relative to what is set in the car +-x" would have been nice, but what is there now in PCARS, I can't get the feel I had after a few days again. The tyre friction feels like it's a logarithmic growth function with a too vertical, sudden ramp. It might realistically replicate how hard the changes of steering force can get in race cars with slicks, high downforce, wide tyres and nothing like servo power steering, but it's SO hard for me to get consistent lap times now.

In Forza the feedback is a good mix of g-forces, Seat-of-Pants-feedback and tyre-friction. It makes most cars feel very light compared to other games, but it's enjoyable for me. I wouldn't mind some more individuality between cars like original steering ratio option and so on, but they don't need to change the FFB for me.

The lack of weight at 900° in race cars is the main thing that gets to me.

Put the wheel into 270° mode and the force feedback is completely different with damping added. Also with 900° I never feel I need to turn the wheel as far as many other sims.

Tayaya

I finally broke down and bought an Xbox One after years of resisting due to the PS4 just being so great and the lack of exclusives that I actually want to play.

I have no regrets about picking it up - Forza 6 is the best console racing game I think I've ever played. Presentation is excellent, visuals are staggering even after playing so much PCars and DriveClub, and the overall feel of the driving is perfect and highly customizable.

I've always been on the fence about Forza - 1 thru 3 failed to really grab hold of me in any meaningful way and never felt engaging. 5 I skipped due to lack of the appropriate console and its reliance on in game currency. Forza 4, though, made me believe that Turn10 was really starting to come into their own and developing into a competitor worthy of the comparisons they always drew to GT. There was still something missing, but the formula was getting closer. 6 finally makes me feel like it's time to forget about Gran Turismo unless we see a pretty radical change in how PD does things for this new generation.

Should I go back and get Horizon 2 now that F6 is out? I loved the first one.

Peterpan

Do you guys think we going to get any extra tracks? Would be awesome if we did. At the very least more tracks with night and rain.

Do you guys think we going to get any extra tracks? Would be awesome if we did. At the very least more tracks with night and rain.

I'd say night/rain "reskins" of existing tracks will be very likely, in terms of entirely new tracks I'm hopeful but doubting. I dunno what else there is for them to add that isn't a licencing nightmare or a fake track which they're pretty much abandoning.

I know I sound like a broken record, but we NEED Night/Wet Kaido. I have to believe they knew it would be huge and are waiting to make people pay for it.

Which, I am okay with because I JUST WANT THE GODDAM TRACK BACK!

Should I go back and get Horizon 2 now that F6 is out? I loved the first one.

I prefer Forza Horizon 2 to F6 but I think its just a personal preference to whether you like race track games or open world racing. So yeah, if you liked FH1 I'd say go for FH2. It goes on sale a lot, I picked it up for $25 digital when it was on sale a few weeks ago on the xbox store.

On the subject of older games, is there any point to still logging in daily to F5/FH2? I assume the forza rewards are locked at this point and everyone who plays gets 100k per week in F6, and you can't move up a tier or anything like that anymore. I've been logging in daily just to open my drivatar awards and try to advance my tier score, kind of gotten into the habit haha

Two races in, this GTC league is awesome, especially now that I got bumped up. Much less contact, but the last race at Brands Hatch was pretty brutal.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)

i think so. fm5 set a good precedent. also, arent there still a couple tracks that were scanned previously that didnt make it in 5 as dlc or in 6? Pacific Raceway for sure. i'd kill for many cut tracks to return - positano (full) and camino especially.

Top Bottom