• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 6 |OT| Forza turns 10

2By6egA.gif

Just found out the Gurkha is a Canadian vehicle.

I was doing the B class League in an upgraded Transit Van and people got all uppity about it... Never placed higher than 6-7th but they still didn't like it being out there.

Heh. I'd try the Gurkha, but I think that maxes out at C class.

you can make that thing into a beast.

I remember RawNuts/StunWar having success with his Walmart transit van in FH2. Always fun losing to that! :p

Noobcraft

Oof, just had a race that started with 24 players and it was a complete disaster.

The disaster wasn't down to the players - everyone was decently clean and I still came 6th - but the game completely broke down. Just from observations (ie. not real measurements) the game was running at around 30-40FPS, with some spikes to what felt like about 5FPS. It completely messed with me having these stutters, and in some cases I hit a wall or spun out completely.

I dunno if this was just one isolated case but it ran like shit, I'm thinking something needs to be seriously optimised or downgraded if this is a common issue.

I know game clips are 30FPS so you won't see the "general" bad performance, but there are some awful stutters I captured: http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/TheAdmiester/video/9962756
The "Weak Connection" warning at the bottom of the screen is probably to blame. The server may have been messing up/desynced and was trying to correct it. I've done a lot of multiplayer races with 24 people that showed no signs of performance issues (from the game anyways).

If you can make time from Destiny. :p

I can quit anytime. In theory. I did buy some cars this morning, since I have only done 8 single player races in FM6.

Made a couple of TransAm cars. If anyone else wants to build one:
1967-1971 (small) Muscle car (Mustang, Camaro, Firebird, Challanger, Coronet, Cuda, Eliminator, Javelin)
Add slicks, and cage, race suspension (shocks/springs), race brakes, full weight reduction.

Build to B600 using any other parts except race transmission, engine or drivetrain swaps.

Ok, started a lobby and invited 13 people who are online and are or were regular posters. I am CrudeDiatribe on XBL.

I got your invite brother, but it is impossible for me to play online with my connection. That will be changing soon though. Looking forward to racing with you guys once again.

witness

This game is just ruining other racing games for me. I go back to FH2 and Driveclub for something less serious, but the 30fps just makes it look like something is wrong.

timlot

Banned
This game is just ruining other racing games for me. I go back to FH2 and Driveclub for something less serious, but the 30fps just makes it look like something is wrong.

Yes, 30fps vs 60fps is very noticeable in racing games. Makes me wonder how much of a difference 120fps would make.

Noobcraft

I noticed that too. Between MGSV and FM6 I've been spoiled. It makes 30 fps much more noticeable/artificial.

I'm knee-deep into Forza Horizon 2 still (I prefer the open world racer and my gaming fund is low, though man...), and I'm really hoping FH3 nails 60fps.

What the fuck people! Why are you always playing when I am not around?

I got your invite brother, but it is impossible for me to play online with my connection. That will be changing soon though. Looking forward to racing with you guys once again.

Holy shit! Where ya been man? Welcome back.

Looking around it seems you can't get a force feedback wheel for less than £300. What the hell.

I paid £80 for my Logitech GT. What the hell has changed...

v1ncelis

I'm really surprised how it's easy to earn credits this time. Few spins and rewards for playing previous games (forza hub ftw!) and I'm already here with 3.000.000 cr and cars like Ford GT/LaFerrari/Bugatti Veyron. Good job, Turn 10.

It's legit. It was level 81, a spin I earned racing with you guys.

Level 81 and Ford Fiesta '81, so may not be a coincidence.

Wait... I think the game might give you cars based on every level at the higher levels.

For level 57 the Bel Air was in the spin, for level 69 the Mustang and Charger were in the spin. If I get to, say, 86 and see the Metro 6R4 it must be true.

Wait... I think the game might give you cars based on every level at the higher levels.

For level 57 the Bel Air was in the spin, for level 69 the Mustang and Charger were in the spin. If I get to, say, 86 and see the Metro 6R4 it must be true.

This makes sense. I won the Bel Air at 57 too. Don't remember my 69 spin.

frontieruk

league_signups2clk2p.png

It's time to announce the ForzaGAF league signups!!!

Now I've got your attention its only a tease, Zorbs and I are busy planning something special, but we'd like your help.

Please quote this post and complete the short survey to help us gauge how to mold our plans.

Many thanks from Zorbs and myself for taking the time to complete it.

frontieruk

Regarding the question about race length, are there multiple races per session?

Also, #8, the hours format is confusing me.

It's just a window that you would prefer to race at, the times are in EST for North Americans to work out against, I've used UTC+1 as the direct time comparison for Europe

frontieruk

So it's in 24-hour format? 15 - 17 hrs would mean 3pm - 5pm?
Yeah I'll add that note

league_signups2clk2p.png

It's time to announce the ForzaGAF league signups!!!

Now I've got your attention its only a tease, Zorbs and I are busy planning something special, but we'd like your help.

Please quote this post and complete the short survey to help us gauge how to mold our plans.

Many thanks from Zorbs and myself for taking the time to complete it.

Re-post for new page

Top Bottom