• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 6 |OT| Forza turns 10

Hawk269

Any word on a patch as of yet? I figured they would of had one other than the day 1 patch. The odd 1st place AI driver thing is bugging me. The only way I normally can catch is if I get really lucky and move up to 5th or 6th after the first few turns on a track. Usually this happens when the AI don't take 1st turns too good and I get lucky and am able to blast past them. But in most typical races, I normally never can catch the first place guy and he usually is posting best laps anywhere from 3-5 seconds faster than anyone else in the field.

Another nit pick I am getting annoyed with is the constant starting in 12th position. I really wish they did qualifying or if series were point driven where the position you finished in is the position you start the next race. To me, it seems like a waste of having 24 cars on the course when you always start in 12th and I am no expert at the game, but I rarely if ever fall back more that 1-2 positions to 13 or 14th, which usually by 1/4 through lap one I regain my 12th or higher position. It just seems odd that all the AI guys behind you really don't put up much of a fight to gain positions on you and it makes it feel like you are really only fighting AI that in positions 1-11th. I guess part of me feels they should of just left it at 16 cars per track, start you in the back and call it a day. Use the extra resources to clean up the AA and perhaps add more track side detail.

Anyways, been a Forza gamer since Day 1 of the original and T10's track record for making patches to fix things are far and few, so I hpe we get at least 1 patch to help improve things.

Hawk269

It feels like there is stutter too but I only notice it in cockpit view and I am assume its the camera judder during sharp turns or uneven bumps in the roads.

I am also using external HDD (toshiba 1TB)

There definitely is a stutter going on, I usually experience it when hitting a tight corner with other AI drivers, but also I notice it in wide sweeping turns with a few AI. I hope they can also address this as well.

Did the Indy endurance race, which got me from like L96 to L105. No F100 at L100. Nothing special at all actually.

So do people you just follow have their Driveatars show up?

So if I follow Jeff from GB his driving style is in there?

Yes. The game will randomly bring in Drivatars from your friends list as well as from the greater population.

...T10's track record for making patches to fix things are far and few, so I hpe we get at least 1 patch to help improve things.

I'm not sure about this. T10 was on the ball for under-the-hood patches for FM5 as was PG for FH2.

Especially the fact that: it's the same group of people jizzing over Driveclub that couldn't shut the fuck up about 1080p60 as the one true resolution and framerate.

So, 60fps mattered before, but now it's not important.

Everyone claimed that "1080p60 was the one true resolution and framerate."

I think before release, it was probably more PS group.
Shortly after the consoles released though, I think the Xbox group was much much more pushy about this for a while.

Saw quite a few people claiming that since "Xbox One has the one 1080p exclusive Forza 5, and PS4 has no exclusives that run at 1080p60, the Xbox One must be much stronger."

60fps is great, but its usually not necessary.

psychotron

Started it tonight and after a few races I remembered how much I love Forza. The rain with puddles is incredible. Not noticing any stuttering as of yet, thankfully. Thank you Turn 10!

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
I've used the Hori wheel for about an hour and a half. only have the FM6 demo so was just noodling around with that.

i like it better than playing on pad. anyone on the fence, check your local target...

leng jai

Anyone else have an issue where the car in first is always ridiculously far ahead of the pack and impossible to catch? I've had so many seconds.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Anyone else have an issue where the car in first is always ridiculously far ahead of the pack and impossible to catch? I've had so many seconds.
Pfft, what I usually do is pray that I can catch up to them ahead of a turn, and then I just slam into them at the turn and pray again that I can recover first.

How do you make them gifs? What converter do you use?

shandy706

I've used the Hori wheel for about an hour and a half. only have the FM6 demo so was just noodling around with that.

i like it better than playing on pad. anyone on the fence, check your local target...

I have a Playseat and my expensive 360 wheel.

Stupid lack of wheel BC. Do you think it's worth a measly $27?

I'm waiting till we move to reinvest in a wheel. There's one of these Hori's in stock 5 minutes from me.

Might grab it just for cleaner steering. Does it have rumble at least?

Hawk269

Man you really get complacent after a lot dry races. Rain is tough as hell.

lmao. You are so right. I had played about 10 races all on dry/day conditions and then hit a rain track and just could not deal with it until I practiced some more on it. It really add's a lot to the game, which makes me want a few more tracks with rain and some more with night setting.

terrible

Banned
Yeah its an issue with the AI and T10 are looking into it.

I just did a test against the easiest AI in the game and I came in 2nd lol. In 6 laps on Long Beach I was lapping people by lap 6 yet I was still in 2nd. I passed him on the last turn but he flew by me anyway before the finish line. Funny.

edit:

Here's a video of his superhuman acceleration. Yes that was me that smacked into the back of him. I was hoping he'd wipe out. Don't judge me.

RoKKeR

lmao. You are so right. I had played about 10 races all on dry/day conditions and then hit a rain track and just could not deal with it until I practiced some more on it. It really add's a lot to the game, which makes me want a few more tracks with rain and some more with night setting.
Yeah I've found practice laps to be a feature I've come to appreciate with the weather types. Might also by that I'm no longer using the racing line or rewinds.

Also - BAC Mono is pure bliss.

RoKKeR

I hate its low top speed, taps out at about 230 kmph. I get passed by on long stretches.
Yeah there are a handful of situations in which it isn't a great option because of the low top speed, but any track with no huge straights it absolutely destroys. Only track I've struggled with is Monza, for obvious reasons.

Man, Road America. I think I like the track.

But I also hate it.

I had a race in the lovely McLaren P1 there last evening, two actually, but didn't progress. First race ends in a nasty accident at the extra S turn added after the long turn at the Speedville bridge sign. Second race goes better, I do a strong first lap, then get kind of wimpy on the second and brake way to early in each corner. I try to make up some time on the third and last lap, but have some slight off track adventures.

I'm in third place by the last turn with a Bugatti Veyron so far up my bumper I could hear the other driver breath. I of course get nervous and like I always do on Road America: I get to much fucking speed and simply brake waaaaay to late. Mess up big time and I eat a huge portion of sand and end in 6th place. Damnit!

Road America is a very good track, but I find it so deceiving. It was some really, really fast stretches and even though it has a lot of elevation so you can see turns early on; I always seem to misjudge the braking time needed. It must be because I'm going way faster than on other tracks and it looks like I have a mile of road to brake on, but it simply isn't enough.

Well I'll give it a new go this evening hopefully.

GHG

Gold Member
With the exception of Laguna Seca and Lime Rock I don't really like any American tracks. I hate Daytona with a passion.

There is something about the flow of the tracks that doesn't feel right. Really find it difficult to get into a rhythm.

This game needs more European tracks... and some tracks from Asia would be nice.

leeh

With the exception of Laguna Seca and Lime Rock I don't really like any American tracks. I hate Daytona with a passion.

There is something about the flow of the tracks that doesn't feel right. Really find it difficult to get into a rhythm.

This game needs more European tracks... and some tracks from Asia would be nice.
No Road Atlanta love? It's like one of my favorite tracks. I love that with F1, the amount of speed you can take them corners with is ridiculous, flows so well.

danowat

Banned

I don't mind Daytona, although there is no visual indication (that I can see) for the braking point for T1, and I prefer the latest layout of Indy that's in FM6.

Courses I don't like?, Bathurst, Rio, Prague and Nordschleife.

Watkins Glen?

No Road Atlanta love? It's like one of my favorite tracks. I love that with F1, the amount of speed you can take them corners with is ridiculous, flows so well.

Road Atlanta is fantastic! I love the last bank and corner down to the starting line. It's always a gamble on speeding as fast as you can and actually making the turn without fatally smashing the car into the wall!

danowat

Banned
Road Atlanta is fantastic! I love the last bank and corner down to the starting line. It's always a gamble on speeding as fast as you can and actually making the turn without fatally smashing the car into the wall!

Yeah, that corner is a brilliant example of risk vs reward!

danowat

Banned
Bad taste in tracks confirmed.

Yeah, I expected some backlash, but those tracks don't (IMO) go hand in hand with a quality racing experience, they can be fun to hotlap round, but racing on them is (for me) just a whole load of frustration.

As for Bathurst, I have actually driven round it in real life, one of our holidays to Australia, we took a (big) detour from our trip to the Blue Mountains to visit the track, and as it's a public road, you can drive round it, I can fathom out how they race around it like they do, the section down the mountian is seriously tight in real life, plus, the museum there is excellent, so don't get me wrong, I love Bathurst!

I really don't like Silverstone and Hockenheim, they are so flat tracks, I like some elevation to vary things up and to see oncoming corners. On those two tracks I really have diffculties finding a good braking point.

Mascot

How about Watkins Glen? That's great fun in mid-to-low powered cars.

danowat

Banned
One of my favorites. Hope they add rain

And I hope they add it to others aswell, infact, I would go as far as to say we don't need anymore cars,ever, 460 is plenty, I bet the majority of players barely use a quarter of those anyway, more tracks, more weather please.

GHG

Gold Member
How about Watkins Glen? That's great fun in mid-to-low powered cars.

Watkins Glen?

Funny you guys say Watkins Glenn... I just did the unrestricted early GT showcase in the M1 Procar and had a blast. Track/car combo is all important I guess.

Road Atlanta is ok I guess, it's just not one of my favourites.

Watkins Glen is probably the best track in the game, at least in the discussion. Low speed, high speed. It doesn't matter. Just awesome.

Top Bottom