• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 6 |OT| Forza turns 10

Level 90 was the LR Defender 90

Also, since TheAdmiester mentioned this and I began watching for it, I've yet to not get the "special" car, so I think these are fixed.

I bet level 100 will be full of the F100.

Yeah. Sounds right, but that's kind of a crappy reward for L100 since it costs like 25K cr. :p

RawNuts

82 laps on Sebring. 82 chances to take the final turn perfectly. Still couldn't do it. Not even once. Fuck Sebring. Fuck that turn specifically.

This was pretty scary. Game froze for a few seconds on lap 76 during the Sebring endurance race, thought it was going to crash and I'd have to do it over again. First time I've had this happen.

Race was pretty great though; love the feeling of the car starting to sputter when it's low on gas and the pit is right around the corner.

Something else. The pairing of cars with the spin mechanic for a particular level, such as the '57 Bel Air for level 57 or the GT86 for level 86.

Oh, right. Yeah, it definitely seems that way. I wonder if it'll just start reading the last two digits once you're in the hundreds? So you might get another Bel Air at level 157 and so on.

Is there a point to tuning for single player career races? Previous Forza games used to have a limit your car could be (grade and a number IIRC) for events but this time round any time I've tried to enter one of the early races in a tuned car like an RX-7 or similar it has made me undo any changes I have made.

Is there a point to tuning for single player career races? Previous Forza games used to have a limit your car could be (grade and a number IIRC) for events but this time round any time I've tried to enter one of the early races in a tuned car like an RX-7 or similar it has made me undo any changes I have made.
In career go to the event series and car division you want to race, when the game let's you select the car you want to use, go to "buy car". That's all the eligable cars in there and all are pre-tuned to a certain limit that is not always a full hundred, it could be 450 or 580pp. Now that you know that limit for the event series, go out there and upgrade your car to said limit and you can enter the series with your upgraded car.

In career go to the event series and car division you want to race, when the game let's you select the car you want to use, go to "buy car". That's all the eligable cars in there and all are pre-tuned to a certain limit that is not alway a full hundred, it could 450 or 580pp. Now that you know that limit for the event series, go out there and upgrade your car to said limit and you can enter the series with your upgraded car.

Perfect, hadn't thought of doing that. Thanks!

Outrun

I need some help.

I need to pick a competitive A, S, and R ranked car for general track use.

Oh, I am tired of getting smoked by that F-ing Jeep! :)

I need some help.

I need to pick a competitive A, S, and R ranked car for general track use.

Oh, I am tired of getting smoked by that F-ing Jeep! :)

Probably got you wrong, but if you need one car that is good in all three classes A, S and R, then try the Ferrari F50. It's just over 700 and can be tuned down to A class.

If not and you meant 3 cars that are REALLY good in their class, then you have to consider on what track you want to use that car.
In A-Class the BAC Mono is fantastic for most tracks, unless they are purely high-speed like Bathurst, Monza, Daytona etc.
In S class just go with the new Ford GT I guess, though that Dodge Viper 08 is on a lot of leaderboards too. Probably needs the right tune.
For R class the 70's Formula 1 cars (Ferrari 312 T2, Lotus 77 and McLaren M23) are good for lightweight stuff for faster tracks maybe a Pagani Zonda even faster and you should consider the Hypercar- cars. Strangely the GT cars aren't on many leaderboards in R-class.

I recorded this this afternoon.

Came accross this nice guy who bumped into me in Yas Marina. I thought It may have been accidental, so I just didn't mind.

So, at the next lap I meet him in the same spot, as I am about to overtake him he clearly bumps into me so as to take me out but this time it didn't quite work for him :)

Caayn

Pardon my ignorance, but does any actual discussion ever take place there, or does it solely exist to keep the dick-waving between console warriors outside of the dedicated game threads? Minus, occasionally, Drive-by Club.

I think I know the answer.
Nope. It acts as a thread that catches a lot of the fanboys in its net to help other racing game threads. At least that's how I see that thread.

Some time ago I told myself that I'd never post there again, and it seems like that decisions wasn't a bad decision.
I'll go against the grain, probably unpopularly, but I'll try and outline why.

I have no problem racing without rewinds, I quite manage it in other games like PCars etc, but using rewinds are almost ingrained into the way FM works.

In a game like PCars (or insert other serious driving sim), coming 4th, 10th, 18th, makes no real difference to the game as a whole, progression isn't gated, content isn't gated, races aren't sprints (unless you want them to be), there is no overriding urgency to get to the past 10 AI drivers before the first turn so you as a player can settle down, race properly and focus on the thing that you are here for, the racing, you also qualify which means you generally aren't lumped together with a load of AI that are significantly slower than you are.

In FM you always start in 12th (I think, obviously unless you use a mod car), and the races are usually generally short, combine this with the unbalanced AI which means that the first few places generally sprint away unrealistically (bug I believe), the way the AI don't suffer with the physics as much as the player does (Lotus F1 is a perfect example) and the way that, unless you finish 3rd in career, your progress stops.

All these issues fundamentally make (IMO) rewinds almost necessary for your sanity in FM, and unless some of these issues are corrected, nothing will change.

To stop this, there needs to be qualifying so you aren't starting in the midst of a load of drivers who are many rungs below you on the skill ladder, there also needs to be a massive rethink of the 3rd place requirement, and make coming 8th, 10th, 14th less of a requirement for progression so the player can just enjoy racing rather than have the urgency of having to get into 3rd place to be able to progress.

In short, more focus on the actual motorsport aspect of the game will make it a more rounded game overall and remove many of the frustrations which lead many players to use and abuse the rewind function.
Thanks for this post. I agree with your points. The racing indeed tends to be a sprint and I deliberately put the difficulty lower in order to ensure that my progression doesn't stop. I can make it past the first several cars with ease and without bumping into anyone, but after that I can't catch up with the top 3 unless I lower the difficulty or resort to aggressive driving. While at the same time it's too easy to get to the fourth place.

FH2 did it better and allowed you to lose races (lower than fourth position for example) but still wining the championship, by giving you points after each race and the one with the most point after each championship won.

The AI differences between the front and the back of the pack need to be fixed as well
For Forza rewards do remember that the rewards are weekly now.
Thanks, I wondered why the payouts where suddenly a lot lower then normal. That explains it.

LowerLevel

Came accross this nice guy who bumped into me in Yas Marina. I thought It may have been accidental, so I just didn't mind.

So, at the next lap I meet him in the same spot, as I am about to overtake him he clearly bumps into me so as to take me out but this time it didn't quite work for him :)

LMAO!

Anyone know when the first Car Pack is out & what cars are in it?

First car pack (that's included in the pass) will be October, probably Oct 6 going by the FH2 schedule.

I think three of the cars from the Oct pack have been leaked:

'13 Cadillac XTS Limo
'13 Caparo T1
? Citroen DS3

ghibli99

I'll go against the grain, probably unpopularly, but I'll try and outline why.

I have no problem racing without rewinds, I quite manage it in other games like PCars etc, but using rewinds are almost ingrained into the way FM works.

In a game like PCars (or insert other serious driving sim), coming 4th, 10th, 18th, makes no real difference to the game as a whole, progression isn't gated, content isn't gated, races aren't sprints (unless you want them to be), there is no overriding urgency to get to the past 10 AI drivers before the first turn so you as a player can settle down, race properly and focus on the thing that you are here for, the racing, you also qualify which means you generally aren't lumped together with a load of AI that are significantly slower than you are.

In FM you always start in 12th (I think, obviously unless you use a mod car), and the races are usually generally short, combine this with the unbalanced AI which means that the first few places generally sprint away unrealistically (bug I believe), the way the AI don't suffer with the physics as much as the player does (Lotus F1 is a perfect example) and the way that, unless you finish 3rd in career, your progress stops.

All these issues fundamentally make (IMO) rewinds almost necessary for your sanity in FM, and unless some of these issues are corrected, nothing will change.

To stop this, there needs to be qualifying so you aren't starting in the midst of a load of drivers who are many rungs below you on the skill ladder, there also needs to be a massive rethink of the 3rd place requirement, and make coming 8th, 10th, 14th less of a requirement for progression so the player can just enjoy racing rather than have the urgency of having to get into 3rd place to be able to progress.

In short, more focus on the actual motorsport aspect of the game will make it a more rounded game overall and remove many of the frustrations which lead many players to use and abuse the rewind function.
Interesting points. I use rewind pretty liberally across the series... I've always liked it, but it's only because I have a bit of OCD about not being able to move on if I haven't placed #1. So in that sense, rewind is a godsend for someone like me. I've always imagined how some of the license tests in the GT series would be easier to enjoy and gold for me with a similar feature instead of having to restart. I think it's this accessibility and quickness of the races that make Forza the most attractive game for me in the sim/simcade category.

LoveCake

First car pack (that's included in the pass) will be October, probably Oct 6 going by the FH2 schedule.

I think three of the cars from the Oct pack have been leaked:

'13 Cadillac XTS Limo
'13 Caparo T1
? Citroen DS3

What!!

Where are the:

Sauber C6
Alfa Romeo 155 BTCC/WTC
Calsonic Nissan Skyline R34 GT-R
Mazda RX7
Renault Espace F1
Nissan DeltaWing

:C

I know they have to spread the good cars about, but there have been too many car packs in the past where none of the cars are any good, i know that is my opinion of the cars & others (many) will disagree but maybe it would be an idea to have a different class of car in each pack?

Apex_Predator

Neo Member

haha that was great, man! guy had it coming. seriously, though, why would you ever do that to a fellow racer? it's just unsportsmanlike conduct.

Stevey

Why are the career races restricted to a PI number that isn't at the top of a bracket-(A, B, C) or whatever?
So you make the car the best you can to some random number, but then you need to piss about with it again to make it competitive online.
Seriously, fuck knows what they were thinking when designing this "career"

Gestault

I noticed the carry-over tags from FM5 for shared photos/replays immediately. Those are some of the least useful categories I can imagine, and it actually does bother me that they're (as far as I can remember) almost exactly the same in FM6.

In so many other ways, this continues to be basically the best the racing genre has to offer. The bonuses for turning off rewind/racing line and the "dare" mods mean I'm being constantly rewarded for how I drive. I love what this game has to offer.

The rare card that reduces grip by 25% is amazing on anything but a night track. Yes, I'm the guy who thought the grip levels were basically ideal in Forza 5, and I have a way to match that while everyone else can enjoy the game just the same. They put a lot of thought into these. Any comments of "I wish the traction/braking were higher/lower," I find myself thinking they should use the corresponding mods to fit their style. There's a card that flat-out tweaks your grip to +16%, with a boost to breaking as well. I'd never touch the thing, but I totally see where they were going with it.

Totally agree with you on this. Multiple problems arise when the game centers around very short races from the middle or back of the pack. It forces players to drive extra aggressive which shapes the behaviors of their Drivatars, which then feeds back into the problem as a full grid of aggro player AIs.

I planned on going without rewind at first, but have kept it on because of problem Drivatar situations.

Count me in as someone who'd like to see future Motorsport installments add more of the sport, not only to provide training and incentives for cleaner, more strategic driving, but also to provide more contrast and identity now that Forza Horizon is a staple.

Outrun

Probably got you wrong, but if you need one car that is good in all three classes A, S and R, then try the Ferrari F50. It's just over 700 and can be tuned down to A class.

If not and you meant 3 cars that are REALLY good in their class, then you have to consider on what track you want to use that car.
In A-Class the BAC Mono is fantastic for most tracks, unless they are purely high-speed like Bathurst, Monza, Daytona etc.
In S class just go with the new Ford GT I guess, though that Dodge Viper 08 is on a lot of leaderboards too. Probably needs the right tune.
For R class the 70's Formula 1 cars (Ferrari 312 T2, Lotus 77 and McLaren M23) are good for lightweight stuff for faster tracks maybe a Pagani Zonda even faster and you should consider the Hypercar- cars. Strangely the GT cars aren't on many leaderboards in R-class.

Sorry for the piss poor English. You gave me the answer in the latter part of your response.

Thanks a ton:)

Orca

I wish the game let you honk your horn, just for moments like that where you can give them a derisive HONK HONK and then take off.

There really needs to be more of a punishment for going off track in multiplayer. I was first making no mistakes and the guy in second was catching me up stupidly quick. It wasn't until he had passed me I saw what he was doing, he was just taking shortcuts over the grass at certain points on the track. What a bastard, it would be nice if he was slowed down for a couple of seconds like in
Driveclub
. Spoilered that for you ;)

frontieruk

There really needs to be more of a punishment for going off track in multiplayer. I was first making no mistakes and the guy in second was catching me up stupidly quick. It wasn't until he had passed me I saw what he was doing, he was just taking shortcuts over the grass at certain points on the track. What a bastard, it would be nice if he was slowed down for a couple of seconds like in
Driveclub
. Spoilered that for you ;)

Driveclub
the better racer confirmed, time to bail guys... /s

Though it's a dick thing to do I think we can all agree we don't won't the super stop grass back from previous versions.

Lima

Driveclub
the better racer confirmed, time to bail guys... /s

Though it's a dick thing to do I think we can all agree we don't won't the super stop grass back from previous versions.

For MP? I sure as hell want it back. It's either that or a 5 second slowdown timer which is basically the same thing.

danowat

Banned
More bonkers AI, was redoing some of the career, on unbeatable, class C cars on Daytona International Infield, was struggling a bit, so notched it down to pro, when I noticed that the first 3 places were actually quicker than their unbeatable counterparts, couldn't beat them on pro by a greater margin than unbeatable, so went back to unbeatable.

Managed to get to 2nd with quite a large gap to 3rd place, then on the final lap,3rd caught me for a good 5 seconds, shot past me and there was no way I could catch him, is was very OP.

The drivatards do some really weird things in this game.

Also, still very disappointed with the way exhaust mods do nothing to the sounds in the game, race exhaust sounds exactly like stock, was this the case in 5?, I definitely remember 4 had changed sounds with exhaust upgrades.

Edit : Also, anyone looking for a cheap(er) VIP pass.

http://www.cdkeys.com/xbox-live/sea...rt-6-vip-membership-xbox-one?mw_aref=74dth566

Pug

I'm sure this has been answered but I cant find it anywhere. Just occasionally the frame rate seem to stutter for a fraction of a second. It seems random and it's not confined to a particular track. Could this be due to the console updating in the background? Really weird as I'm rubbish as distinguishing frame rates unless they grind to a halt. Suppose that shows how smooth this game is.

danowat

Banned
I'm sure this has been answered but I cant find it anywhere. Just occasionally the frame rate seem to stutter for a fraction of a second. It seems random and it's not confined to a particular track. Could this be due to the console updating in the background? Really weird as I'm rubbish as distinguishing frame rates unless they grind to a halt. Suppose that shows how smooth this game is.

Are you using an external HDD?

Are you using an external HDD?

I use an external HDD too and have not had any issues at all with stutters.

leeh

More bonkers AI, was redoing some of the career, on unbeatable, class C cars on Daytona International Infield, was struggling a bit, so notched it down to pro, when I noticed that the first 3 places were actually quicker than their unbeatable counterparts, couldn't beat them on pro by a greater margin than unbeatable, so went back to unbeatable.

Managed to get to 2nd with quite a large gap to 3rd place, then on the final lap,3rd caught me for a good 5 seconds, shot past me and there was no way I could catch him, is was very OP.
I'm not trying to patronise here, but it may come across as it.

I've never noticed these issues? I was racing on unbeatable and came 1st in a couple but then struggled on tracks I didn't know that well. When I knocked it down to pro, they seemed a lot easier. I was winning them by 7s+.

I think the difficulty is top notch, the AI drivers on unbeatable are really really good.

danowat

Banned
I'm not trying to patronise here, but it may come across as it.

I've never noticed these issues? I was racing on unbeatable and came 1st in a couple but then struggled on tracks I didn't know that well. When I knocked it down to pro, they seemed a lot easier. I was winning them by 7s+.

I think the difficulty is top notch, the AI drivers on unbeatable are really really good.

It's more the unbalanced nature of the AI, sometimes they're good, sometimes they're rubbish, sometimes they get supercharged speeds, other times they'll really slow down.

Probably down to the nature of the emergent AI from the (bobbins) drivatar system, might try pulling the cable and seeing if non-drivatar AI is more balanced.

piggychan

It feels like there is stutter too but I only notice it in cockpit view and I am assume its the camera judder during sharp turns or uneven bumps in the roads.

I am also using external HDD (toshiba 1TB)

Also, still very disappointed with the way exhaust mods do nothing to the sounds in the game, race exhaust sounds exactly like stock, was this the case in 5?, I definitely remember 4 had changed sounds with exhaust upgrades.

It was the same in FM5. In both games the cam- and turbo-/supercharger upgrades change the sound the way you'd expect them to, but the overall race'ish-ness of the engine sound only seems to come with more added power, no matter from what upgrades. I tried to narrow down if the exhaust, the valves or carburetors changed the noise in a specific way in FH2, but didn't find anything. The sound still can reach the "woah, sick!"-level with full upgrades though.

About your request about the behavior of your Drivatar: I don't think, I've ever seen him, maybe it's because I mostly race on Pro and not unbeatable?! I've seen Shortt Sirket and P3tRaN a lot, yesterday, after your request I've seen Devildoll and watched the replay with camera on him for 2 minutes. Directly after switching the camera to him, he drive his McLaren M23 into a guardrail on the Nordschleife and got overtaken by 2 other Drivatars, then he drove like crazy compared to the other AI drivers and overtook 3 within 20 seconds or so, then crashed into a wall again, was overtaken again, started to race really well again.

I wonder if Drivatars use the lines of their real life counterparts, but are inhibited from gaining too many positions and that's where they rev the engine weirdly or start crashing. Even the "really unbeatable" ones start on pole and don't gain positions.

Top Bottom