• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 6 |OT| Forza turns 10

Xcell Miguel

Gold Member
Just got this game, still downloading but trying to play through a bit.

Did my first showcase with the Indy car and it was sick af.

Please tell me you can drive Indy car's on any track in free mode?

Try the overtake showcase on Spa with the Lotus F1, it's awesome with a driving wheel :D

theWB27

Road America. More than any other track...Road America is my nemesis. No matter how many times I've driven this track I just want to take certain turns harder/faster than I know I should. Each lap they always look so tempting and I try, and fail, again and again.

I can hit the Ring's turns better than I can at Road America. Just...no discipline there.

Ugh, the demo for this game is such shit.

I just wanna drive a car and see if I want to buy it. Stop throwing unskippable ads and tutorials with auto-braking and steering enabled by default and long-winded explanations of your stupid card game and let me drive the damn car.

Worst part is I was driving around last night but decided to fire it up and it wants to make me sit through this shit again.

Ugh, the demo for this game is such shit.

I just wanna drive a car and see if I want to buy it. Stop throwing unskippable ads and tutorials with auto-braking and steering enabled by default and long-winded explanations of your stupid card game and let me drive the damn car.

Worst part is I was driving around last night but decided to fire it up and it wants to make me sit through this shit again.

Once you complete the demo, an option for time attack races appears so that you can play without going through all that stuff.

drotahorror

I love Driveclub and the weather effects are insane, but Forza 6 feels great in the rain. It actually feels like you're driving in the rain, DC feels more like driving on ice. Love those puddles in F6 (wish there was a bit more sound variation when driving through the puddles though).

Have they said anything about adding weather to tracks that don't have it?

God dammit

I want to hate this game with the terrible way the demo was laid out

And the fact that the AI is terrible which pretty much means I can't play with damage on

But Sebring in the rain

So good

Road America. More than any other track...Road America is my nemesis. No matter how many times I've driven this track I just want to take certain turns harder/faster than I know I should. Each lap they always look so tempting and I try, and fail, again and again.

I can hit the Ring's turns better than I can at Road America. Just...no discipline there.
The last section of the back, right before you go up the front straight hill to the start/finish.... I either overcook the small left turn or mess up the late apex right. Thousands of times, almost every time.

Jezbollah

Had a major bullshit moment earlier on today with the AI drivers. Was chasing a car going into Skyline at Bathurst, when he went off and near enough went head on the wall and ripped a tyrewall over the track. You would have thought that he would have been crippled with damage and I could overtake him? No, he fucked off into the distance after I had to take avoiding action in the incident.

Do these opponents have damage inflicted on them?

etta

my hard graphic balls
I'm about to start Nurgburgring endurance, I can go ahead and set AI to max difficulty if I use cosmetic, right?

The only thing I'm stuggling with is the damn AI. Assholes play pinball in the corners then have some insane acceleration out of the corner. Makes it seem unfair when I'm trying to make it as sim like as possible.

The only thing I'm stuggling with is the damn AI. Assholes play pinball in the corners then have some insane acceleration out of the corner. Makes it seem unfair when I'm trying to make it as sim like as possible.

I wonder if I'm getting the same issue. I turned off stability management today to see if the cons finally outweighed the pros (though maybe doing it in a Lotus Elise in the Track Toys segment was a bad idea), and I find that not only do the AI cars seem to hold a turn better, they accelerate faster out of corners. I don't have any basis to decide if this is a real problem or if I need to git gud but the game's started asking me if I want to drop the difficulty to Above Average and it makes me sad.

Klocker

The more I play the more I feel there is just not enough grip in the game globally.

Too many slips and too much ice skating. Ironically, the rain. Actually feels more realistic

Jezbollah

I started the Nurburgring Endurance. Was leading by a considerable distance starting lap 4, but then by the 5 mile mark my car just suddenly ground to a halt. Is this a bug or is there retirements in the game?

frontieruk

Wait, what? You can make them limp if you punt them engine first into a wall. Happened to some of them in last Sunday's Buick Regal race.

Online??

Likelihood is they leverage the extra xboxes to allow sim damage on the AI as it takes 5 boxes to pack the room with AI online.

They defo don't in career

Jezbollah

Did you run out of gas?

I dont know. I still had the engine running - it didnt cut out as if I ran out of fuel..

(if I did then I feel dumb :/... )

EDIT - Yep I'm a twat. Just saw a youtube video of some guy doing the same event and he pitted at the end of lap 3. Ugh.

Fox Mulder

I think that Drivatar damage is cosmetic only even with sim damage on, unfortunately. It was that way in FM5 too.

That's why sim damage is pointless to me. AI doesn't suffer it and I'll just rewind or restart if I get fucked. Plus the racing has no continuity anyways, I gladly eat dnfs and damage in something like a f1 game season.

Simbo

Neo Member
Starting to experience a glitch with my TX wheel.

I'm currently running 100% rumble + 65% FFB. After a few races with no problems a strange glitch occurs where the wheel seems to jump to 100% FFB and pulls HARD to the left....making the car completely uncontrollable. It's fine on a straight but as soon as I try and turn or a car bumps me ever so slightly the wheel forces me to the left.

Has anyone else experienced this? Just had a browse of the official Forza forums and there seems to be a few people on there with the same problem.

Its making the game completely unplayable for me at the moment.

Lima

The best thing about cosmetic damage and thus no tire and fuel simulation is that the AI still pits during endurance races lol.

Fox Mulder

I really need this go watch videos of real races at Bathurst. I hate this track with all the dipshit AI, can't believe they have proper races here.

Wait, what? You can make them limp if you punt them engine first into a wall. Happened to some of them in last Sunday's Buick Regal race.

Oh yeah? I didn't notice. Too busy going ass over tea kettle. :p

It probably is limited to multiplayer.

That's why sim damage is pointless to me.

Yeah. I don't usually use rewind, and I just don't like being able to drive into a wall and have the car be fine.

It definitely would be better if there was sim damage for AI cars too, but I've had some really fun career races where I've damaged the suspension and managed to come in third.

I've had a bunch of frustrating losses too.

Segaswirl

I dont know. I still had the engine running - it didnt cut out as if I ran out of fuel..

(if I did then I feel dumb :/... )

EDIT - Yep I'm a twat. Just saw a youtube video of some guy doing the same event and he pitted at the end of lap 3. Ugh.

This happened to me. With the AI pitting on lap 3 and having to do 2 stops... I thought I could get away with pitting just once at the end of lap 4.

Nope, ran out of fuel at the end of the last lap. Just at the top of the hill before you enter back onto the circuit and start/finish straight. :(

Jezbollah

This happened to me. With the AI pitting on lap 3 and having to do 2 stops... I thought I could get away with pitting just once at the end of lap 4.

Nope, ran out of fuel at the end of the last lap. Just at the top of the hill before you enter back onto the circuit and start/finish straight. :(

that is BRUTAL. Especially after what would have bene 70 minutes of racing :(

I managed to finish 1st in my next attempt at the 125 - loaded up 60% XP and 60% Affinity superior mods in the attempt too. That was nice :)

The AI is definitely very odd behaving at times.
Brake checking into turns they can take at WOT, always trying to run me off the road instead of giving me the line...

With that said, most fun I've had with a racing game since PGR3.

Showcase events are absolutely amazing. I love all the GT spec vintage cars that absolutely fly.

I got away incredibly lucky on the Nurburgring endurance. I used the Toyota GT1 and I think I only pitted once on the fourth lap. The car ran out of fuel and JUST started sputtering as I rounded the last corner.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
Win an online race nearly lapping last placed player.

Last placed player tries to block and ram the A.I who took over after the race. Ends up in a wall...

Oh my...

Next race.

Actually lap last place on the final section of long beach, he tries to take me out in the final hairpin.

Stay classy.

Hawk269

Have no idea. I ran that track a lot and never had this happen. But I do have to say, this has to be the oddest version of Forza to date. While it is great and plays great, there are just a lot of little issues that are normally not that common with the series. It is almost making me want to hold of playing for a bit in hopes a patch is released addressing the various issues many are experiencing.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
T10 really has gone back 10 steps in regards to corner cutting.

Quick sand actually worked. These tyre barriers do nothing.... and Spa is as bad as ever...

*edit*

According to little corner cutting kid #613219861 since T10 removed quick sand, it's means you are now allowed to cut corners. Okay...

Man, this game is like a wallpaper factory for my xbox dash, I have so many awesome wallpapers now :)

21126463383_8560f43333_o.png

21747477935_e9af49e546_o.png

21747477425_61f04871c8_o.png

21721385446_14eff29aa0_o.png

21735871912_f6e25d39b4_o.png

terrible

Banned
Had an odd one here too
http://xboxclips.com/SatansReverence/bcc4f9b1-5fc4-4c54-a251-fc8c5b56061b

I think its something to do with bottoming out on curbs.

You guys using a wheel? Maybe it's that weird left pull glitch with the FFB people have been talking about on the official forums. Apparently grass, curbs, etc pull you left hard when the glitch is happening.

T10 really has gone back 10 steps in regards to corner cutting.

Quick sand actually worked. These tyre barriers do nothing.... and Spa is as bad as ever...

*edit*

According to little corner cutting kid #613219861 since T10 removed quick sand, it's means you are now allowed to cut corners. Okay...
It should be an option you can turn on or off I guess. Leave it on by default in competitive races maybe. I hate the sticky grass but I also don't really play online against random people so corner cutting isn't a problem for me.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
You guys using a wheel? Maybe it's that weird left pull glitch with the FFB people have been talking about on the official forums. Apparently grass, curbs, etc pull you left hard when the glitch is happening.

Nah, I'm using a pad.

It should be an option you can turn on or off I guess. Leave it on by default in competitive races maybe. I hate the sticky grass but I also don't really play online against random people so corner cutting isn't a problem for me.

Seconded.

GHG

Gold Member
I got away incredibly lucky on the Nurburgring endurance. I used the Toyota GT1 and I think I only pitted once on the fourth lap. The car ran out of fuel and JUST started sputtering as I rounded the last corner.

You can manage your fuel use in endurance races by using manual transmission and short shifting.

Same goes for tires and how you drive.

Basically if you get to the last lap and you have a decent lead ease off and coast to the finish line instead of going hard the whole way and running out of fuel or ruining your tires.

supersaw

I wonder if I'm getting the same issue. I turned off stability management today to see if the cons finally outweighed the pros (though maybe doing it in a Lotus Elise in the Track Toys segment was a bad idea), and I find that not only do the AI cars seem to hold a turn better, they accelerate faster out of corners. I don't have any basis to decide if this is a real problem or if I need to git gud but the game's started asking me if I want to drop the difficulty to Above Average and it makes me sad.

There definitely seems to be a fair bit of bullshit with how the Drivatars behave, they brake right on the apex then hammer it out of corners in McLaren P1s they must have TCS and STM on by default. I've never seen them spin out from applying too much throttle they only ever just go wide on corners.

They also never yield which annoys me the most. Most times they will hog the line although its not as bad as previous forzas and I have seen them try to avoid crashes once you're on the inside.

Top Bottom