• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 6 |OT| Forza turns 10

My only beef with 6's hand animations is that the driver will still stretch his fingers out at the poorest of times, sometimes it looks like the driver is letting go of the wheel mid-turn at 100+ mph which in reality would have caused a crash or something.

I've noticed that. It's almost like they saw some bad criticism that "the hands are too still" or "it looks dead" and made the driver adjust their grip too much. There should be at least a line of code that disables it during steering animations or something.

danowat

Banned
Typical Forza Drivatar

399718_371920906220051_1814834065_n_zps6a571982.jpg

He's got specs of his Miata in the notes of the video... are you gonna try beat his time?

I tried to go under 7 minutes in an Aventador build that had the specs of of the Aventador SV that went under 7 minutes on the Nordschleife a few months ago. Couldn't get even close. My best was 7:18.

All the real life Nordschleife laptimes in stock supercars (even if you put better tyres on it, lower it, put sick camber on it) are pretty much unattainable in Forza. Maybe I just suck at it, but looking at the lines from onboard Nordschleife laps, I shouldn't be that far off.

I have given it serious thought, it could be a fun thing to try out.

Forza 1 has aged pretty damn well, I was rather shocked playing it again lately.

Dg6OV75.png

Only real problem is the framerate. Not only is it a 30fps game, it also frequently runs at around 20, although I'm not sure if that's because of the game or the 360's emulator.

I'd love to see this on a PC emulator if that ever happened, running at a higher res.

shinnn

Looks like the cars without windshield wiper still has the wiper sound in the rain? =p

At least the F&F Corvette and the Formula Ford.

Banglish

league_signups2clk2p.png

It's time to announce the ForzaGAF league signups!!!

Now I've got your attention its only a tease, Zorbs and I are busy planning something special, but we'd like your help.

Please quote this post and complete the short survey to help us gauge how to mold our plans.

Many thanks from Zorbs and myself for taking the time to complete it.

I want to sign up!! Is it too late?!

Devildoll

I want to sign up!! Is it too late?!

If you count to 10 and read the post you'll see that it isn't actually a signup, it's just a survey to see which tracks people want to run, and what times people are available.

I'm sure you can still complete the survey if you want, signups will come later on.
The third row in that post tells you how to find the actual survey url.

Forza 1 has aged pretty damn well, I was rather shocked playing it again lately.

Dg6OV75.png

Only real problem is the framerate. Not only is it a 30fps game, it also frequently runs at around 20, although I'm not sure if that's because of the game or the 360's emulator.

I'd love to see this on a PC emulator if that ever happened, running at a higher res.

i'd blame the 360 emulation on most of the frame drops, the game on original hardware is rather solid.

Gestault

So having played a bit more of career, I'm sort of confused by the accounts of first-place AI being unrealistically fast. I didn't encounter it. So long as I'm racing clean and carefully, it hasn't been hard to keep first, with the rest of the field comfortably behind me. Without rewind I'm definitely needing to try some races more than once, but no one's outpacing the entire field.

Is this a "sometimes" thing?

So having played a bit more of career, I'm sort of confused by the accounts of first-place AI being unrealistically fast. I didn't encounter it. So long as I'm racing clean and carefully, it hasn't been hard to keep first, with the rest of the field comfortably behind me. Without rewind I'm definitely needing to try some races more than once, but no one's outpacing the entire field.

Is this a "sometimes" thing?

Yup! I am not sure if it is certain difficulties/track combination that does it or what, but it seems to happen on and off no matter what difficulty I use.

Gestault

Yup! I am not sure if it is certain difficulties/track combination that does it or what, but it seems to happen on and off no matter what difficulty I use.

Man, that blows. If you think more active drivatar profiles from your friends list might help, feel free to add me :/

I have given it serious thought, it could be a fun thing to try out.

I tried the MX-5 on Nordschleife with the specs from the video and was generous with the ECU(went for race injection instead), exhaust (highest tier) and tyre tuning (highest road legal ones) ...and the weight as well(probably 50kg less than the specs from the video). Ended up with 487pi (217hp, 1040kg). My time was 8:22.183. Not great, but I could drive this all day long and had no chance to go under 8:15.

i'd blame the 360 emulation on most of the frame drops, the game on original hardware is rather solid.

I can put up with it, but I don't have any way of comparing to the original hardware which is why I mentioned it. My screens are all too new to have component or composite from the original Xbox, a true first world problem lol.

The 360 emulation is good enough, it's a modded console so I can modify the game (think custom engine swaps, texture edits (I think) and such, all for FM1 through FM4) and make direct screengrabs, like the one you quoted.

Devildoll

I need more friends. :(

add everyone on the list.

Edit: OH MY GOD! what has happened to the list!!!!!!!!!!!!
someone has sorted it, now i dont know which people i have added and which i haven't.

Edit2 : leave it to me, im drunk enough to find fixing it a fun thing to do.

Edit3 :
there we go, did a rollback to september 12, and then re-added everyone that applied after that date.
As a result, i've run out of lagavulin, everyone who added themselves since that date might want to do a check up incase i got your stuff wrong.

theWB27

Turn 10 launched forza 5/6 with a featured track...Prague and Rio. Now I'm kind of wondering why they decided not to give either track either weather or night. Both tracks I'd imagine would've looked pretty decent I'd imagine...especially Rio.

witness

Cmon T10, I want some patching/update news and October DLC announcement. Best news would be that you can toggle an option for stock cars, or have it auto adjust depending on your ride, instead of having to update it to an arbitrary PI to be competitive.

frontieruk

add everyone on the list.

Edit: OH MY GOD! what has happened to the list!!!!!!!!!!!!
someone has sorted it, now i dont know which people i have added and which i haven't.

Edit2 : leave it to me, im drunk enough to find fixing it a fun thing to do.

Edit3 :
there we go, did a rollback to september 12, and then re-added everyone that applied after that date.
As a result, i've run out of lagavulin, everyone who added themselves since that date might want to do a check up incase i got your stuff wrong.

How drunk are you??? Lol

Take a hatchback and soften the suspension a ton, so much fun when watching replays and seeing a rear wheel off the ground around corners lol

Is there any wheel that works both on Xbox One and PS4? Buying two wheels is kinda expensive, is there any solution for this? Logitech? Thrustmaster?

Devildoll

How drunk are you??? Lol

pretty drunk but I'm out of scotch now so.. I'm only getting soberer as we speak, i can still play though, if you want to race.

Someone should tell Shortt Sirket to limit the sort options, so that only he can do that, in order to prevent this from happening in the future.

Is there any wheel that works both on Xbox One and PS4? Buying two wheels is kinda expensive, is there any solution for this? Logitech? Thrustmaster?

Before I say this, don't think that I'm defending the shenanigan tactics of Sony, MS or the wheel manufacturers!

Ok, so you could buy two wheel-BASES from Thrustmaster, one TX and one T300 and then buy only one pair of pedals and one wheel-addon and switch the bases depending on what platform you want to play on. Still not as it should be or anywhere near "cheap", but it's a fairly new option, a year ago you couldn't just buy a wheelbase from them, it was always complete sets.

For Fanatec you can use the same wheelbase on PS4 and XBox One, but for xbox one you need a different steering wheel add-on. (I think)

So many glitched cars right now using the AWD/differential exploit.

Some of the Rivals leaderboads are so bad right now with glitched cars. I think they should just wipe them and start over when the patch finally comes out.

MP is kind of a joke too. They've banned some cars, but my brother just lapped some good drivers on Long Beach by a lot using a glitched Mazda RX3.

pretty drunk but I'm out of scotch now so.. I'm only getting soberer as we speak, i can still play though, if you want to race.

Someone should tell Shortt Sirket to limit the sort options, so that only he can do that, in order to prevent this from happening in the future.

Somebody, but not you eh?

Before I say this, don't think that I'm defending the shenanigan tactics of Sony, MS or the wheel manufacturers!

Ok, so you could buy two wheel-BASES from Thrustmaster, one TX and one T300 and then buy only one pair of pedals and one wheel-addon and switch the bases depending on what platform you want to play on. Still not as it should be or anywhere near "cheap", but it's a fairly new option, a year ago you couldn't just buy a wheelbase from them, it was always complete sets.

For Fanatec you can use the same wheelbase on PS4 and XBox One, but for xbox one you need a different steering wheel add-on. (I think)

For Fanatec they discontinued the PS4 hub so they only sell the Xbox hub because it works on PS4 when its in PC mode. But the "joke" is its still more expensive then buying A TX, a T300, TH8a shifter and T3pa pedals.

Mascot

For Fanatec they discontinued the PS4 hub so they only sell the Xbox hub because it works on PS4 when its in PC mode. But the "joke" is its still more expensive then buying A TX, a T300, TH8a shifter and T3pa pedals.

That's because it's a far, far superior wheel. You can't compare them like-for-like. For most people the TM wheels (which ARE excellent) will be more than good enough, but there's a small percentage of enthusiasts willing to pay a lot more for better materials and engineering.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
Finally picked up FM6 (was going to wait for net upgrade but couldn't)
First impressions.

Fuck off with the introduction bullshit if you have put more then 15 minutes into previous Forza games. I. Do not. Need. To be fucking told. What XP is....

Upgrades are still painfully slow. What's with the pause between selecting buy and it actually happening?

I want to race what I want to race in career, not be forced into special race events constantly.

Race tyres really do grip like they should but perhaps need to have a greater loss of traction when taken beyond the limit.

That's because it's a far, far superior wheel. You can't compare them like-for-like. For most people the TM wheels (which ARE excellent) will be more than good enough, but there's a small percentage of enthusiasts willing to pay a lot more for better materials and engineering.

Oh I know, its just funny that you can buy both wheels and all the accoutrements and still come in under the Fanatec and still not even have a shifter.

So many glitched cars right now using the AWD/differential exploit.

Some of the Rivals leaderboads are so bad right now with glitched cars. I think they should just wipe them and start over when the patch finally comes out.

MP is kind of a joke too. They've banned some cars, but my brother just lapped some good drivers on Long Beach by a lot using a glitched Mazda RX3.

wait is there a PI issue with AWD cars again like in forza 3? or is this something else completely?

Can I make a 1985 Civic tripod?

Which exact settings? Front and back or just one?

When I next turn the xbox on i'll upload the settings I have, needs a few tweaks though as I also want it race ready.

GHG

Gold Member
As much as I'm sour on the career mode I have to say the Showcase Events are absolutely brilliant.

The showcase events save the game for me. I've been spending all my time there and in rivals mode.

I have no desire to go on in the regular career mode.

wait is there a PI issue with AWD cars again like in forza 3? or is this something else completely?

There's a bug/anomaly that happens in some cars when you swap in AWD, switch to a race differential and then max out the front differential.

It's the reason why the MINI Cooper has been so $@!% dominant.

There's a bug/anomaly that happens in some cars when you swap in AWD, switch to a race differential and then max out the front differential.

Do you mean "transform it into a FWD car using the center differential" or "allow no difference in rotational speed of the front wheels". Both make no sense to me, because option b) would come with ridiculous understeer and tyre wear; option a) should just be waste of AWD-pi-points because pure FWD has a lower pi than AWD(and of AWD turned into FWD via center diff).

I'm not sure of the differential details. I'm not actually tuning these glitched cars myself.

You actually don't even need to adjust the differential to see the effect. Just swapping in AWD and then a race differential will increase acceleration significantly.

Noobcraft

There are some weird inconsistencies in the car rating system. The Alfa Romeo 33 Stradale only has a 6/10 in top speed, but it can hit 273 MPH in less than a mile in drag races.

drotahorror

Just got this game, still downloading but trying to play through a bit.

Did my first showcase with the Indy car and it was sick af.

Please tell me you can drive Indy car's on any track in free mode?

Top Bottom