• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 6 |OT| Forza turns 10

zorbsie

Sucks to hear GHG. Besides your lag there was tons of voice issues too. I could only hear have the lobby. Speaking of which 23 racers showed up. Crazy. I was not expecting that kind of turn out. Even with the minor issues it was a blast. Thanks for coming out everyone.

RoKKeR

That was great, cheers everybody! Managed to grab a 6th place finish. Watching the replay now, those chicanes were absolute death traps.

Can't race next week unfortunately but I'm definitely looking forward to the next time that I can. 23 GAFers racing, not a bad way to spend a Saturday afternoon.

GoaThief

Great race (though Salty Chicane™ will haunt my dreams for a while), and great company.

Looking forward to more, also if anyone wants to do some MP or whatever sometime in the week, please feel free to add. :)

Thanks everyone.

My god that was horrible. Was any one else getting severe lag or is it just on my end?

I had it too and also my wheel wasn't assigned to me, just the controller, so I said fuck it, cold reboot. After that everything was fine for me.

Super fun race for me. I even liked the crashes racing with you guys(!) ..except for one maybe, which I thought was kinda rude, but I wasn't involved personally and not gonna say who was.

Also my microphone from my headset stopped working after a while (everything else was fine). Is this a timed issue? I read on another forum it might have to do with the USB-ports of the XB1 not supplying enough juice sometimes and switching to a secondary USB-power would fix it, which sounds odd (I mean, why just the mic and not the whole headset or the controller), but I'll try it if nobody here has other suggestions.

I had it too and also my wheel wasn't assigned to me, just the controller, so I said fuck it, cold reboot. After that everything was fine for me.

Super fun race for me. I even liked the crashes racing with you guys(!) ..except for one maybe, which I thought was kinda rude, but I wasn't involved personally and not gonna say who was.

If it was me, then noobcraft deserved it so it's OK.

Well, I hope next race will be better than this one, because today I didn't even finish!

My car was sadly sitting in a corner watching you guys go by, totally totalled.

Thanks to whoever told me how to disable sim damage in multiplayer!

zorbsie

OK The standings are updated. Again thanks for coming out. And for those that submitted lap times those points count as well. The document is split into 3 tabs. Last tab is the total standings. I know you had a terrible time GHG, but you still got some points. :)

GoaThief, Next weeks race will be Indy - Grand Prix Circuit.

If I made any mistakes in the standings let me know. Also I went with GAF names for the standings. Is this cool for folks or should they be Live names? Any thoughts on that?

Noobcraft

I'll add you in dude.
Hey can you update my time trial time? My best lap around Rio wasn't 59 seconds lol, that was my best time in the Limo. It was 54:416 in my actual car.

Also can someone upload the replays to ForzaTV from the races we did today? I tried to save one but it must not have worked.

zorbsie

Hey can you update my time trial time? My best lap around Rio wasn't 59 seconds lol, that was my best time in the Limo. It was 54:416 in my actual car.

Also can someone upload the replays to ForzaTV from the races we did today? I tried to save one but it must not have worked.

When did you post that? I only saw the limo time.

I thought time trial was just for people who couldn't make time on race days.
But my time was on a screenshot 2 pages back(FFsReedRichards):
RCB8lG0.png
Game says it's clean, but It's chicane cutting imo... then again, so are most times probably.

frontieruk

uploaded.

hopefully you'll have better luck than me, just uploading now look search for my GT or neogaf_rio

zorbsie

We said the time trials would count as points. TylerDurden4321 I'll update you're times. Noobcraft, I'm sorry dude but you never posted that time. don't worry, there is always next time.

KaYotiX

Banned
Is it too late to add times? Am at work.... Wont be home till Sunday morning. If it's too late then that's OK I'll try and post times for next time.

We said the time trials would count as points. TylerDurden4321 I'll update you're times. Noobcraft, I'm sorry dude but you never posted that time. don't worry, there is always next time.
Thanks!
On the *GT or GAF name* question: Definitely "whatever is the easiest for you".

Edit: I just realised that my bad reading competence and sneak-in in-time-by-accident time costs you your one point. That's kinda sucky and I don't wanna take the point standings serious anyway, so don't update and fill in my time.

SarBear

I tried to join you guys after the races. Mic was going crazy, people's sentences were stuttering, all but one car in C class (a ford fucking focus) and i ended up taking SOMEONE out. Good times.

frontieruk

Thanks!
On the *GT or GAF name* question: Definitely "whatever is the easiest for you".

I think GT would be easier, but the TT will be under gaf names posting times lol

I tried to join you guys after the races. Mic was going crazy, people's sentences were stuttering, all but one car in C class (a ford fucking focus) and i ended up taking SOMEONE out. Good times.

Forza Lobbies suck atm :( I could hear everybody at the start of the session by the race I could hear less than half the lobby :(

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu

Which time trails? Because you have me listed with a 53:116 and I posted a 56:116.

Noobcraft

A few screenshots of today's racing action:
The starting grid:
Screenshot-Original.png

A remarkably clean first turn:
Screenshot-Original.png

Which didn't last too long...
Screenshot-Original.png

Screenshot-Original.png

Apparently my livery was a "hit" among the field. It attracted a lot of attention...
Screenshot-Original.png

BIGT468

Yeah like frontier said it wasn't on your end, I was also having the same problems with the chat and I even checked my NAT to make sure it was open and not a problem with my setup.

Good racing everyone looming forward to the next one.

All according to plan!
sorry :/

Funny thing is I switched to the Nova because my Nissan wasn't holding up to well to the bumper cars in the pre races. It was all going great until that little love tap you gave me. Any other spot on my car and I would have just soaked it up.

Sordid

After last night my Saturdays should be free, I'd be well up for joining the lobbies if there's room in future! I'll start posting some horrible lap times anyway :)

I'm rather upset about the reward system in this game the more I play it, 90% of my money earnings come from random spin to wins while on the other end i'm doing 5 lap races with a +50% credit bonus dare card (sim damage no rewind) and 40% from hard AI and walking away with about 30k, I might as well play on easy and get all my money from the roulette.

So damn dumb it's annoying.

Self challenge is something i'm fine with but the reward scale is all over the place.

Noobcraft

Do i have to download the DLC pack manual or should it automatically just download and add the cars?
They automatically come with the title updates. You have to purchase (they're free) the cars in the "find cars" menu ingame to add them to your collection.

watdaeff4

I'm rather upset about the reward system in this game the more I play it, 90% of my money earnings come from random spin to wins while on the other end i'm doing 5 lap races with a +50% credit bonus dare card (sim damage no rewind) and 40% from hard AI and walking away with about 30k, I might as well play on easy and get all my money from the roulette.

Self challenge is something i'm fine with but the reward scale is all over the place.

Yeah, this is one of my biggest issues with the game.

The racing gameplay is so damn good though

SarBear

Yeah like frontier said it wasn't on your end, I was also having the same problems with the chat and I even checked my NAT to make sure it was open and not a problem with my setup.

Good racing everyone looming forward to the next one.

Really? Cause I tried using it this morning and I had the same issues plus no one could hear me. Very strange. I was about to buy a new headset today but you have me thinking maybe I shouldn't

RoKKeR

Yeah, this and the mandatory top 3 finish are just poor design decisions. I prefer just doing hot laps in new cars I get, almost done with the career mode.

Top Bottom