• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 6 |OT| Forza turns 10

Devildoll

I took some pictures from my replay of the race.

Starts out well, got nudged and have to take the first corner sideways.
Fau7tn2.jpg

Disrespecting the curbs
YPvENyg.jpg

wCuemNM.jpg

At the 11th lap, I'm faced with this situation, who payed you guys to do that? Tell me and I'll double it.
LJXkT4k.jpg

And a picture of the last corner (2nd last?), which had the usual madness going on in the chicanes, and as you see in the background, it's still going on.
Dv6pRKC.jpg

MouldyK

Finally did Sebring 300 Endurance Race.

There were maybe 5 of the 86 Laps which I did not have to rewind.

Took me 3hr 10mins of recorded driving and went up 13 Levels. Now Level 89.

BIGT468

Really? Cause I tried using it this morning and I had the same issues plus no one could hear me. Very strange. I was about to buy a new headset today but you have me thinking maybe I shouldn't
I would try a different game first or a private party to make sure before buying a new headset.

My recap montage:

knzCGiA.gif

I'm in tears right now from laughing, in the one shot you can see me trying to figure out where to go because of all the mayhem in front of me.

darkinstinct

...lacks reading comprehension.
I'm around 150, I usually get 25k or 50 k from the spins. Every fifteen spins I get a million. Whenever there is one reward car in the middle I win it, no matter what (I think it's some kind of progression thing where the game gifts you cars you might need to progress in career). My all time earnings so far are about 20 million, from races and spins. Should be around 2.5 million from races, the rest from spins. Which is an average of 100k per spin for all my levels. Considering you can get a spin every three races and you average around 20k per race it is without a doubt more profitable to just concentrate on getting levels instead of increasing difficulty to earn a couple of 1000 more per race. Then again I'm already at a point where the cash is just piling up. I'm sitting on 15 million right now (and I was down to 0 two weeks ago) and have no real use for them. And getting 2 million every month from Rewards. And you can easily make another 4 million each month by joining the livery contests.

zorbsie

week2_headereks20.png

Week 2 is coming.
Saturday was a great turn out and loads of laughs were had. We did work out a way to get the grid sorted. So this time we will have a 4 lap practice race with collisions off. You will try to get your best time in this race. The real race will use best lap times in ascending order for grid placement.

As always the lobby will be up at 3:00pm Eastern. The race should take 15 - 20 minutes to finish. After the race feel free to stick around and do more races with the group.

Can't make it on Saturday? Join in the fun by doing this weeks time trial. Post your best time on this weeks track before the race on Saturday to be included. Points will be given on time trials as well as the actual race.

Saturday race will be Indianapolis - Grand Prix Circuit
Don't forget that the car you used last week has to be used this week. Fear the limo!

I'll start off the times by posting my own horrible time: 1:44.875

Hope to
crash
see you there this weekend.

Questions/Suggestions? I'm all ears.

Noobcraft

My current best lap around Indy GP is 1:42:138.

Also I've updated my livery to hopefully shave a few seconds off my time on race day.
Screenshot-Original.png

GHG

Gold Member
Can I at least change my car considering I was pretty much last in the previous race?,

Don't think it will change anything in the grand scheme of things!

If the lobby is as laggy as it was last time around in the next race I don't think ill stick with it either, not really worth it. I'll just participate on a time trial basis if that's the case.

SarBear

Posted a time of 1:37.132 tonight; you all may want to watch my ghost, because you'll be as amazed as I was about what is considered "clean" on a certain corner.

Nice. I posted a 1:37:433 in the Honda on that course. I wonder how much quicker the Elan is...

Cool. I actually thought turn 10 had put those crazy Japanese spoiler things in the game for a second. You know the ones in talking about.

Bumhead

Banned
The GAF races look like a ton of fun! Great stuff.

I think I've got enough on with Drivatars though. Got overtaken by 2 cars on the last corner of Sebring last night to finish 4th.. *sadface*

What goes as a clean lap on Indy GP is a fucking travesty.
img_gpi_track_map.jpg

short-cutting turn 1, 6,7 and 12 doesn't "dirty" your lap. That's a lot of seconds to be gained there.

...makes me wish we'd do non-replay onboard cam video posting of the lap. My 1:40.5 is clean, I could do 1:40.0 clean, but below that I'd probably have to cut track with my Lancia 037.

Top Bottom