• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 6 |OT| Forza turns 10

RawNuts

What goes as a clean lap on Indy GP is a fucking travesty.

short-cutting turn 1, 6,7 and 12 doesn't "dirty" your lap. That's a lot of seconds to be gained there.

...makes me wish we'd do non-replay onboard cam video posting of the lap. My 1:40.5 is clean, I could do 1:40.0 clean, but below that I'd probably have to cut track with my Lancia 037.
Turn 7 especially left me speechless. Any track you can blow through a tire wall and still maintain a clean lap seems ridiculous to me.

RoKKeR

Alright, gave myself 10 laps around the Grand Prix circuit and managed a 1:41.702 in my Focus ST. That'll be my time for this week, unless I can break away and do a few more laps in the next day or so!

0y7b.png

SarBear

What goes as a clean lap on Indy GP is a fucking travesty.
img_gpi_track_map.jpg

short-cutting turn 1, 6,7 and 12 doesn't "dirty" your lap. That's a lot of seconds to be gained there.

...makes me wish we'd do non-replay onboard cam video posting of the lap. My 1:40.5 is clean, I could do 1:40.0 clean, but below that I'd probably have to cut track with my Lancia 037.

Wait......you can cut those corners without it counting against you? Dude. I can probably get in the top 5 in the world knowing that. Or at LEAST cut .500 off my current time. Turn 7 is a real bitch.

GoaThief

Just noticed my TT time hasn't been added to the last race, is it okay to add? Nothing special at 54.015.

How's everyone finding Indy? Think I'll make some gearing adjustments and leave as is, clocked 1:39.122 so far.

GoaThief

Sitting at 1:38.924, debating if I scrap the build a little a stick in some more power.

Anyone want to try what I have now and give some feedback?

Orca

Racing the BAC Mono in career and get waylaid in the opening corner - felt like a GAF race. Takes out the front suspension and brake on the right side, gives me a pull to the right.

Keep racing and get clipped from behind later, crash takes out my left suspension and brake. Now I have two laps to finish with a car that's bouncing constantly and basically no braking at all. I'm in the lead, paused to take this pic with about a half lap to go.

Man this game is fun.

monoenjpk.jpg

Edit - a clip of the bounce!

frontieruk

Racing the BAC Mono in career and get waylaid in the opening corner - felt like a GAF race. Takes out the front suspension and brake on the right side, gives me a pull to the right.

Keep racing and get clipped from behind later, crash takes out my left suspension and brake. Now I have two laps to finish with a car that's bouncing constantly and basically no braking at all. I'm in the lead, paused to take this pic with about a half lap to go.

Man this game is fun.

monoenjpk.jpg

Edit - a clip of the bounce!

First rule of GAF racing, nothing is like GAF racing... ;)

Lego Boss

Just completed Road Atalanta Endurance.

Dat M. Rossi is a beast, but when he got caught in traffic I swooped like Raikkonen.

However, at the end of the race it only showed my time and not of the other cars. Is that a bug?

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Just completed Road Atalanta Endurance.

Dat M. Rossi is a beast, but when he got caught in traffic I swooped like Raikkonen.

However, at the end of the race it only showed my time and not of the other cars. Is that a bug?

Oh, Rossi is back and I see he's still an asshole.

Jezbollah

So I'm racing the Modern Hypercar series (R, 880). And there's a random P952 Caparo T1 in the same race. Has anyone had this before?

Its making the races unwinnable..

EDIT: Yep, it's a bug. What isnt a bug though is that KERS and DRS are not in the game. Considering the P1 was the cover star of Forza 5 that is inexcusable.

zorbsie

Updated standings. Not sure what to do about the "clean" laps. I'm not going to enforce it like crazy, we are doing this to have fun after all.

GoaThief, the cut off for last weeks lap times was Saturday before the race. I've got you in there for this week though.

GoaThief

Updated standings. Not sure what to do about the "clean" laps. I'm not going to enforce it like crazy, we are doing this to have fun after all.

GoaThief, the cut off for last weeks lap times was Saturday before the race. I've got you in there for this week though.
I'd just stick with what the game says, if it's clean on the leaderboard then it's clean... No arguments that way. Just my tuppence worth.

Small aside I did say I had it to X time before the race date, I didn't realise it had to be officially submitted as such. It's fine, I much prefer racing anyhow.
Until Salty Chicane™ that is. <3

Thanks for all the work organising by the way, I know it can be a headache at times!

RawNuts

How do we handle race day? Some of these corners can be so massively cut that they change your braking points. Some people might brake to cut turns that others don't even know about; we wouldn't want any collisions happening now, would we?

Lima

How do we handle race day? Some of these corners can be so massively cut that they change your braking points. Some people might brake to cut turns that others don't even know about; we wouldn't want any collisions happening now, would we?

Gooby++car+suspicious.PNG

Noobcraft

I picked an AWD car for a reason ;)

Prepare for corner cutting.

I really wish I could make it to the races but Saturdays are damn near impossible for me. I am enjoying all the replays and gifs though so keep them coming.

Controller players do you feel that the steering is too twitchy because of how fast a full lock can return to neutral making car control really hard with a pad? for a wheel that's no problem as it's a lot easier to correct but with a tiny stick sometimes it's hard and it ruins smooth cornering. Advanced controls allow you to edit the dead zones but not the responces.

Turning in no problem, pulling out is too sudden.

*edit* could be because I use sim steering which I love because you can't just recover from a slide super easy

danowat

Banned
Controller players do you feel that the steering is too twitchy because of how fast a full lock can return to neutral making car control really hard with a pad? for a wheel that's no problem as it's a lot easier to correct but with a tiny stick sometimes it's hard and it ruins smooth cornering. Advanced controls allow you to edit the dead zones but not the responces.

*edit* could be because I use sim steering which I love because you can't just recover from a slide super easy

Going from PCars to FM, yes, but once I've spent a little bit of time with FM, it's not really an issue.

Jamesways

Yes, for sure. Lots of little overcompensation needed.

Devildoll

You really shouldn't be using sim steering if you are using a controller.

Oh?

personally i set it to sim steering in forza 4 or 5, and pretty much haven't gone back.
I've imagined that i can recover better with it on sim, like it does what I'm doing with the stick more accurately, less damping/smoothing of my motion etc etc.

What isnt a bug though is that KERS and DRS are not in the game. Considering the P1 was the cover star of Forza 5 that is inexcusable.

It's set to automatic (and in cars that don't have an automatic option (like the Can-Am cars or the Lotus E23 hybrid F1), it's deployed for you by the game). Watch the spoilers of cars with DRS. It's in the game. I can't speak to the authenticity of the effect and the deploy-timing though.
KERS/ERS seems to be always on or in max power mode. You can see that from the hp-values and power band diagrams. Even for that the Lotus F1 is still too powerful, more powerful than a Merc F1 from 2015.

terrible

Banned

A joystick extender (FPS Freek) helps big time. I don't even know how people do it without them.

Don_Ente

Neo Member
Sitting at 1:38.924, debating if I scrap the build a little a stick in some more power.

Anyone want to try what I have now and give some feedback?
I grabbed your S15 tune/setup and ran some laps at Indy GP...

Felt pretty good to me. Maybe just a *little* tough to keep the back-end settled when accelerating out of the sharper turns, but overall I liked it.

- Don

Bumhead

Banned
I'm thinking of picking up Horizon 2 (just traded in FIFA 16, and I can get Horizon 2 and Sunset Overdrive for the same price as the trade credit) but I'm not done with Forza 6 yet.

Are they different enough that's it's safe to tackle both simultaneously? Or is there cross over that will make me lose interest in one or the other?

I'm thinking of picking up Horizon 2 (just traded in FIFA 16, and I can get Horizon 2 and Sunset Overdrive for the same price as the trade credit) but I'm not done with Forza 6 yet.

Are they different enough that's it's safe to tackle both simultaneously? Or is there cross over that will make me lose interest in one or the other?

If you're like me, you'll be playing nothing but Sunset Overdrive anyway xD
Sunset%2BOverdrive%2B-%2BBttF%2Brespawn.gif

(tip: play nothing but story missions up until mission 17 after which you get the air dash! Then start side-stuff and collecting. After that initial chore that game is SOOO amazing.... btw. I also recommend playing as the girl)

No, ok, that's probably just me. But, I think FM6 and FH2 are different enough to play them simultaneously, especially if you like having some stupid fun drifting in FH2 or some off-road rallying (cross country sucks though imo). I think personally I'd like to experience the hypercars and so on in FM6 first before I buy and play with them in FH2. But you'll be fine.

zorbsie

Horizon and Forza 6 are totally different. You are still racing cars obviously, but the type of races and environments are different. The biggest issue you may encounter is that FM6 is 60fps and Horizon 2 is 30fps. With out sounding too elitist, you will notice a difference. More so if you switch from one to the other. But it might not be too bad if there is more time between the games. I loved Horizon 2. It's a great game. That and sunset overdrive would be a great trade for fifa 16.

(tip: play nothing but story missions up until mission 17 after which you get the air dash! Then start side-stuff and collecting. After that initial chore that game is SOOO amazing.... btw. I also recommend playing as the girl)
This man knows what he's talking about! Also girl voice actor is the best.

Bumhead

Banned
Sounds like I've nothing to worry about then really! Will go ahead with the trade. I didn't consider the drop from 60 to 30fps between FM6 and FH2, but it's not a deal breaker by any stretch. And Horizon 2 looks a ton of fun.

As does Sunset Overdrive, so thanks for the tip with that too! Will keep mission 17 in mind before venturing out on side missions. I heard about a power up that made the game a lot more entertaining around the time it launched.. sounds like that must be the one.

You really shouldn't be using sim steering if you are using a controller.

I'll need to try non-sim steering next time to refresh memory but I don't think it would fix the issue with steering that i'm thinking about, but using sim steering is so enjoyable.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
If you're like me, you'll be playing nothing but Sunset Overdrive anyway xD
Sunset%2BOverdrive%2B-%2BBttF%2Brespawn.gif

I never got that respawn! That is fucking awesome.
Horizon and Forza 6 are totally different. You are still racing cars obviously, but the type of races and environments are different. The biggest issue you may encounter is that FM6 is 60fps and Horizon 2 is 30fps. With out sounding too elitist, you will notice a difference. More so if you switch from one to the other. But it might not be too bad if there is more time between the games. I loved Horizon 2. It's a great game. That and sunset overdrive would be a great trade for fifa 16.

This man knows what he's talking about! Also girl voice actor is the best.

My eyes are kinda funny, it's kinda hard to describe the sense I get from 60 vs 30fps.

60 looks smooth, but I don't exactly SEE it. Whereas 30 looks fine where I wouldn't know it was 30 unless you told me.

That being said, I can see a slight drop when I was playing Forza 5, then went to FH2, but it would fade after say, a race or two,

danowat

Banned
Complete opposite IMO.

Use SIM steering on both controller and wheel, I don't want the hidden driving assist.

It's not really an "assist" as such, it just adds dampening to the steering axis, which makes things much more realistic as you can't move a steering wheel lock to lock in real life as fast as you can with a thumb stick.

It's not really an "assist" as such, it just adds dampening to the steering axis, which makes things much more realistic as you can't move a steering wheel lock to lock in real life as fast as you can with a thumb stick.

sim steering also stops the game helping you counter steer a slide when you loose control.

Top Bottom