• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 6 |OT| Forza turns 10

Yes, by limiting stick travel.

It seems more then that, back in forza 4 you could watch the front wheels twitch and correct themselves slightly while the car was out of control or drifting with no stick input, not sure how assists work in 6 but I would think the same things happen.

zorbsie

So what's the ruling on the race for Saturday? Are we racing it legit or with the corner cutting?

I'd like to think we would be racing it legit. Going for lap times is one thing, but I'm going to be super pissed if I get lapped because someone is cutting 4 out of 14 turns. Things could get ugly if that's how we want to race on Saturday.

Cool. That's the way I've been lapping.

just saw that. Nice lap! Took me a few
*grinds teeth*
laps to beat that again. Now, I think, everyone in front of us used the shortcuts for their best lap. But my laps with the shortcuts (which I dirtied to make sure) didn't get me a much better time anyway. 1 to 1.5 seconds might be in it for me, but I'm fine with my regular 1:40.133 now.

just saw that. Nice lap! Took me a few
*grinds teeth*
laps to beat that again. Now, I think, everyone in front of us used the shortcuts for their best lap. But my laps with the shortcuts (which I dirtied to make sure) didn't get me a much better time anyway. 1 to 1.5 seconds might be in it for me, but I'm fine with my regular 1:40.133 now.

I have BigT on my friends list, and he has a clean sub 1:40 time.

I feel like I've been close a few times, but I always lose it in that last technical section before the straight to the finish.

Doing my best to avoid corner cutting - 1:37.065 (with plenty of room to improve) with the Honda S2000

That's an impressive time w/o corning cutting. I'm driving a '73 Trans Am.

Devildoll

:D

this is going to be great.

Edit: i'm having trouble creating a private lobby, i'm getting an allocation error message.
But if i get it setup I'm definitely not a stranger to night or rain.

RawNuts

Looking forward to tomorrow's race with ForzaGAF.

K9o1VW4.gif

terrible

Banned
The more I use the BMW 2002 Turbo the more I love it. Who knew E class could be so much fun. I'm allergic to drifting yet even I can throw that sucker sideways through every corner and come out facing the right direction on the other side.

danowat

Banned
Won't be racing later, as I'm sick, but might have a go at a hotlap..........

Edit, so a Cadillac Limo is 16th on the leaderboards, ridiculous game.

zorbsie

Today is race day everyone.
3:00pm Eastern, book off an hour. :)

Also standings have been updated with latest times. If you have a lap time, send it in before the race to have it count.

GHG

Gold Member
Is it ok if I change my car from the 1st race but then stick with it for the rest of the competition?

It's not like I was competative in the 1st race anyway considering the lag I was experiencing :p.

In fairness, I think anyone scoring outside the points should have the opportunity to change their car, but once you change it this once you have to stick with it.

zorbsie

Is it ok if I change my car from the 1st race but then stick with it for the rest of the competition?

It's not like I was competative in the 1st race anyway considering the lag I was experiencing :p.

In fairness, I think anyone scoring outside the points should have the opportunity to change their car, but once you change it this once you have to stick with it.

Sounds good to me. I was going to change my car too. But I'm sticking with the Lancer. I'm going down with the ship! :)

I'd even say change it as often as you like, just as soon as you drive into the leaderboard-points you have to stick with it. But what about hot-lapping cars and points... ??? You have scored there in another car, right?
On the other hand, if changing the car's tune entirely between races is allowed anyway... that also can change your car from one race into an entirely different performing car if your base-car was low enough on the performance index before tuning it to C-class. Kinda not sure what to think here.

If you have a lap time, send it in before the race to have it count.

My time was 1:40.133. Do I need a screenshot?

zorbsie

I'd even say change it as often as you like, just as soon as you drive into the leaderboard-points you have to stick with it. But what about hot-lapping cars and points... ??? You have scored there in another car, right?
On the other hand, if changing the car's tune entirely between races is allowed anyway... that also can change your car from one race into an entirely different performing car if your base-car was low enough on the performance index before tuning it to C-class. Kinda not sure what to think here.

My time was 1:40.133. Do I need a screenshot?

Updaded.

To be clear. The car you use in the race is the the car you use setting your hot lap. You can't pick a car for hot laps and a different car for race day. The point of the series is to take the same car and tune it for different tracks for four weeks. In the future we will have more defined restrictions. I want to move away from just picking a leaderboard car.

Top Bottom