• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 6 |OT| Forza turns 10

zorbsie

week4_header62jsa.png

Final week for series 1 races

Last week was a boring track and yet we managed to make it interesting :) ForzaGAF always delivers. P3tran is the solid leader, but Sarbear is quickly climbing the ranks. Check out the standings here.

Race day schedule: We will have a 4 lap practice race with collisions off. You will try to get your best time in this race. The real race will use best lap times in ascending order for grid placement. Collisions will be always on, make sure to turn off sim damage on your end.

As always the lobby will be up at 3:00pm Eastern. The race should take 15 - 20 minutes to finish. After the race feel free to stick around and do more races with the group.

Can't make it on Saturday? Join in the fun by doing this weeks time trial. Post your best time on this weeks track before the race on Saturday to be included. Points will be given on time trials as well as the actual race.

Saturday race will be Laguna Seca
Don't forget that the car you used last week has to be used this week.

Looking forward to racing with the gang again.

Questions/Suggestions? I'm all ears.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
So I did the Indianapolis 250 endurance last night and I swear that the AIs did not pit once.

I still managed to win, but it just seemed odd that I didn't see any car besides my own pit.

Anyone else experience this?

gragy10

Bit late for series 1 but after domestic strife I'm back online in time for saturday - can anyone point me in the direction of a solid (ie: easy to drive rather than staggeringly fast) Car & tune for the league?

zorbsie

P3tran has an Alfa and tune that's pretty fast. I couldn't control the thing, but I'm not that great a driver :) I can't remember the exact model, but I'm sure there aren't that many in the class.

Lettuce

week4_header62jsa.png

Last week was a boring track and yet we managed to make it interesting :) ForzaGAF always delivers. P3tran is the solid leader, but Sarbear is quickly climbing the ranks. Check out the standings here.

Race day schedule: We will have a 4 lap practice race with collisions off. You will try to get your best time in this race. The real race will use best lap times in ascending order for grid placement. Collisions will be always on, make sure to turn off sim damage on your end.

As always the lobby will be up at 3:00pm Eastern. The race should take 15 - 20 minutes to finish. After the race feel free to stick around and do more races with the group.

Can't make it on Saturday? Join in the fun by doing this weeks time trial. Post your best time on this weeks track before the race on Saturday to be included. Points will be given on time trials as well as the actual race.

Can anyone join in?

It's open to anyone on GAF. Let me know your GT and I'll send you an invite on race day.

Hook, line and sinker. He got you. We are moving it to Sunday at 3pm Eastern. I'll mention it again when I post the new series info.

You know, I really should have seen that coming. He just happened to pick literally the only other day of the week I am permanently busy.

Updated. Sorry about that dude. Thanks for pointing it out.

No problem, thanks for making the league happen and for taking the weight off everyone's shoulders here (goes for FrontierUK too!). Already excited for what you have planned next ...after our C-Class racing.

My new time for Laguna Seca is 1:41.940

SarBear

week4_header62jsa.png

Do we have to use our league car for the time trial? Or could it be any car?

Edit: Is that Laguna Seca picture from Forza 4?

Can someone explain why a 4 or 5 car pack costs $20?

I just want to use the GT350R and I laughed when I saw the price.

Do these car packs ever become free?

Lima

Can someone explain why a 4 or 5 car pack costs $20?

I just want to use the GT350R and I laughed when I saw the price.

Do these car packs ever become free?

Because that is part of the VIP pass. It's not just a car pack. And no this stuff never becomes free.

frontieruk

Goddamit, are you serious? That is when I am out climbing and shit. Fuck..lol

It's open to anyone on GAF. Let me know your GT and I'll send you an invite on race day.

Hook, line and sinker. He got you. We are moving it to Sunday at 3pm Eastern. I'll mention it again when I post the new series info.

You know, I really should have seen that coming. He just happened to pick literally the only other day of the week I am permanently busy.

I seem to remember you posting that Wednesday and Saturdays were bad for you... ;)

The Elite controller is awesome, but as far as Forza goes...

I don't like using the paddles for shifting as much as I thought I might.

It's fine for manual w/o clutch, but for manual with clutch, A+B and A+X is still a lot smoother, and it's not like taking your right hand off the stick is an issue as it is with shooters.

The Elite controller is awesome, but as far as Forza goes...

I don't like using the paddles for shifting as much as I thought I might.

It's fine for manual w/o clutch, but for manual with clutch, A+B and A+X is still a lot smoother, and it's not like taking your right hand off the stick is an issue as it is with shooters.

Well damn, that was like most of the reason I was going to get it. What about using the new trigger stops to help with threshold braking?

I haven't tried the trigger stop with Forza, but wouldn't it basically make braking either 0% or 100%?

I thought there were options on where you can set it so that it just goes to a certain % and then stops. I could be wrong though. Arent there like Min/Max values you can change for the triggers too?

Yeah. I don't think there is, or at least not yet.

There's the hair trigger lock, which basically turns the trigger into a digital button.

There are also adjustable trigger dead zones, but I think these only apply when in analog mode and are essentially what you can achieve with the in-game acceleration/deceleration thresholds.

willbsn13

Any of you guys think we'll get another expansion aside from the Porsche one?

If so, what should it be? I'd kill for a classics track expansion of sorts.

willbsn13

I don't think we'll get an expansion per se. I could definitely see some individual track DLC.

Yeah I guess FM5 didn't have any expansions - so Porsche probably fills that need. Just wishful thinking after FH2 dropped Storm Island on us which was awesome, and made me enjoy FH2 a lot more, was hoping for something similar to reinvigorate some life into FM6 (for me atleast)

Hoping for Fujimi, Maple Valley and the like as Track DLC, though. Fujimi in the rain w/24 limos has to happen. Do it T10.

Lima

The thing I am thinking about could be awesome is setting the left trigger lock to let's say 60%. Usually a good value before brakes start to lock up in Forza. This would mean you could at all times slam the trigger hard and still not lock up your tires and get maximum brake force.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
This viddy nicely sums up my B class racing experience sans the 1st
and 2nd, and 3rd and the entire first lap
corner pile ups in my XB coupe.

Too bad it reminds me how awfully wrong T10 got the clevo sound.

This weekend I updated the firmware from my gamedpads.
I don´t know if I am already used to the triggers or the deadzones are changed, but it feels good now.
Ingame Deadzones are 0/100.

Still on the latest firmware, it's awful to the point that I don't even want to play Forza any more.

Going from about 90% usable travel in FM4 to 50-60% is just unbearable for me.

veidi

This weekend I updated the firmware from my gamedpads.
I don´t know if I am already used to the triggers or the deadzones are changed, but it feels good now.
Ingame Deadzones are 0/100.

Don_Ente

Neo Member
For a newcomer to the Forza series, which one would you recommend first between FH2 and F6?
I'll give you about the same answer I gave somebody else (just two pages back in this thread):

If you want to RACE on racetracks, FM6 is the only logical choice.

If you want to hoon around an open world, smashing into other cars, knocking over light poles and picnic tables, driving through vineyards, fields, forests, etc... then FH2 is the only logical choice.

If you like both - track racing and wild open-world smashing around - then get both.

wheeplash

Depends if you prefer track racing or open world racing really.

I'll give you about the same answer I gave somebody else (just two pages back in this thread):

If you want to RACE on racetracks, FM6 is the only logical choice.

If you want to hoon around an open world, smashing into other cars, knocking over light poles and picnic tables, driving through vineyards, fields, forests, etc... then FH2 is the only logical choice.

If you like both - track racing and wild open-world smashing around - then get both.

I see guys, to be honest most of my ''racing games'' experience goes back to my early gaming days on my PC with God knows which NFS it was (but it was awesome, I could play as the police too).
I guess Horizon is more like my thing?

EDIT: Found my game, it's called NSF3: Hot Pursuit, from 1998.

No Halo 5 Warthog DLC that you can actually drive (not just Autovista like in 4) for Forza 6, huh? :/

I didn't have high hopes, but it could have been so awesome, it would have fitted right in the dumb-fun car category with the Gurkha, the Vans, the Limo....
Would have been a good test for working rear wheel steering to finally make it into Forza as well, especially with the Porsche DLC coming and all the newer Porsches having active rear wheel steering.

Jezbollah

Just started the V8 Supercars championship.

FM6's V8s are nerfed beyond fuck. Cant get anywhere near the 190mph top speed that they hit at the end of conrod straight in real life. :(

Don_Ente

Neo Member
I see guys, to be honest most of my ''racing games'' experience goes back to my early gaming days on my PC with God knows which NFS it was (but it was awesome, I could play as the police too).
I guess Horizon is more like my thing?

EDIT: Found my game, it's called NSF3: Hot Pursuit, from 1998.
Neither FH2 nor FM6 have Police chases. But, in terms of *where* and *how* you're driving, FH2 will be much closer to what you remember.

As mentioned, both have demo versions available. They both give you a pretty good idea of what the full game is like, so it's tough to go wrong.

frontieruk

Neither FH2 nor FM6 have Police chases. But, in terms of *where* and *how* you're driving, FH2 will be much closer to what you remember.

As mentioned, both have demo versions available. They both give you a pretty good idea of what the full game is like, so it's tough to go wrong.

Or he could just buy the new need for speed reboot that comes out soon, it has police chases and is akin to burnout paradise in game setup, just with horizon-esque cut scenes.

danowat

Banned
Quite disappointing that manufacturer affinity is capped at 25, and that it's so much quicker to max out than in previous versions, I have a number of manufacturers maxed out, and this actively discourages me from driving cars from that manufacturer, seems odd that driver level is uncapped and manufacturer isn't.

Quite disappointing that manufacturer affinity is capped at 25, and that it's so much quicker to max out than in previous versions, I have a number of manufacturers maxed out, and this actively discourages me from driving cars from that manufacturer, seems odd that driver level is uncapped and manufacturer isn't.

I don't get this........at all

If I want to drive a Corvette, I do so. I'm not worried that the game isn't going to sprinkle magic pixie dust and give me a gold star.

Top Bottom