• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 6 |OT| Forza turns 10

zorbsie

I'm at 1:48.321 which is still almost 10 seconds slower than P3tran. Thank god this is the last week in these cars. Lobby will be up in a few minutes. I'll input all the times after candies tonight.

frontieruk

God damnit f1 qualifying will be starting then, fuck you sky for having an hour of preferred session rubbish for making me think it was earlier

Noobcraft

Well here are the clues:

Clue One

Dominant, pioneering, and in Forza it's in a class by itself

Clue Two

I'm willing to bet it's silhouette alone will capture your heart.

Clue Three

So fast he could pull to the side, reset his systems and still win the race.

Clue Four

No worries mate! Pretty sure this will be a hit.

Clue Five

A millennial moonshot.

Clue Six

I'm not dumb, but I can't understand why more American cars don't take advantage of this technology.

Clue Seven

Shazbot, Nanu Nanu
1. UNSC Warthog
2. UNSC Warthog
3. UNSC Warthog after plasma pistol
4. UNSC Warthog
5. UNSC Warthog
6. Gauss Hog
7. No idea.

SarBear

P3tran that was an amazing race! If anyone wants to watch a heart pumping back and forth clean exchange, watch the last two laps of that race.

willbsn13

So I was reading the Week in Review on FM.net and this was said

"Next week promises to be an exciting one. In addition to the release of the latest DLC car pack for Forza Motorsport 6, we’ll have the details on the next Forza 6 content update, both of which will be arriving on Tuesday. And then we’ve got something special coming that I think you folks are going to really like. I don’t want to say anything more right now – in fact, I can’t say anything more – so I’ll just leave it at that. Such a tease!"

Any thoughts on what it could be?
No Noobcraft, it's not a UNSC Warthog ;) ;)

P3tran that was an amazing race! If anyone wants to watch a heart pumping back and forth clean exchange, watch the last two laps of that race.
Seems like we all had our little duels...
FFs-vs-GHG.gif

edit: I watched some more... my duel was BORING compared to others... the Jello, Frontier and Crude for example looks pretty insane. Still haven't seen who kissed the tyre wall after the corkscrew.

Wow. It's coming. Customizable free play. Believe!
if that happens... I mean... No, that's.... ...you hyped me there! ...95% that it's not that.

Haha. That was GHG? Looks like his car. Dude is so dirty lol.
Could have been the other Civic, FrontierUk, there are 2 of those.
yes, it's GHG
but, to be fair, I nudged him back in that second scene there. Though the reason why I lost it in the first place on the corkscrew, was that I've braked too late out of fear to be knocked out after just overtaking the infamous
GHG
on the straight before, had I used my usual 2 tap->steer->kickdown brakepoints.

There were a lot of good scenes, but they are laid out over the length of the whole race, you have to go looking for them.
I wish I had something like a live stream from all fixed trackside cameras playing simultaniously on like 6 monitors to pick and edit together from. Then I want the Noobcraft and P3tran TV commentator duo talking over that!

BIGT468

Turns out my router did not like living anymore and kicked the bucket just after the race. I had a few cars warping around likely caused by said router hopefully I wasnt doing the same to anyone else. Good racing everyone !

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
I know it's the 30th anniversary of Back to the Future, but if they put the DeLorean in before the Agera R, I'll send Turn 10 a pic of my resting bitchface and bitch about it until they add it in.

frontieruk

Seems like we all had our little duels...
FFs-vs-GHG.gif

edit: I watched some more... my duel was BORING compared to others... the Jello, Frontier and Crude for example looks pretty insane. Still haven't seen who kissed the tyre wall after the corkscrew.

Do you know I just watched back the replay and even though I spent most the race staring at crudes tailpipes I didn't notice the advertising on the back lol

Crude, jello and myself into the corkscrew

Did someone upload the replay? I'd like to watch.

Just shared it, look for me or search lagunagaf

zorbsie

Sorry I was so rushed yesterday. Thanks to everyone who came out. Standings have been updated. I finally have points! Took four weeks and a small turn out, but it happened. The gap between the top 3 is decreasing every week. Might not have to send a trophy to Greece this year. :)

Hope I didn't miss anyone's time, if so just let me know and I'll add you in.

Next week: New cars, New time, same madness. Details later today.

zorbsie

week5_headerets51.png

GAF League Series 2: Historic American Muscle

Series 1 is over. Say good bye to C class. For the next 4 race series we will be picking historic American muscle cars and bumping them up to max B class (600PI). Devildoll, I expect to see something with at least 800hp from you. Here is a list of the cars you can pick from:
1971 AMC Javelin AMX
1970 AMC Rebel "The Machine"
1970 Buick GSX
1970 Chevrolet Camaro Z28
1970 Chevrolet El Camino Super Sport 454
1970 Chevrolet Chevelle Super Sport 454
1969 Chevrolet Nova Super Sport 396
1969 Chevrolet Camaro Super Sport Coupe
1967 Chevrolet Chevelle Super Sport 396
1966 Chevrolet Nova Super Sport
1964 Chevrolet Impala Super Sport 409
1970 Dodge Coronet Super Bee
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
1969 Dodge Charger Daytona HEMI
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
1968 Dodge Dart HEMI Super Stock
1973 Ford XB Falcon GT
1971 Ford Mustang Mach 1
1969 Ford Mustang Boss 302
1965 Ford Mustang GT Coupe
1970 Mercury Cougar Eliminator
1968 Oldsmobile Hurst/Olds 442
1971 Plymouth Cuda 426 HEMI
1971 Plymouth GTX 426 HEMI
1973 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am SD-455
1969 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am
1969 Pontiac GTO Judge

Pick one car and tune it, you will have to be in the same car for all races in the series and use the same car for all time trials in the series. You can use different tunes for each race, but the car has to be the same.

To help pick your car here is a list of tracks we will be racing on during Series 2.
Bernes Alps - Stadsplatz Circuit
Sebring - Full Circuit
Road America - Full Circuit (No Communist Corner!)
Watkins Glen - Full Circuit

Race day schedule: We will have a 4 lap practice race with collisions off. You will try to get your best time in this race. The real race will use best lap times in ascending order for grid placement. Collisions will be always on, make sure to turn off sim damage on your end.

As always the lobby will be up at 3:00pm Eastern, but this series will happen on Sunday. The race should take 15 - 20 minutes to finish. After the race feel free to stick around and do more races with the group.

Can't make it on Sunday? Join in the fun by doing this weeks time trial. Post your best time on this weeks track before the race on Sunday to be included. Points will be given on time trials as well as the actual race.

Sunday race will be Bernes Alps - Stadsplatz Circuit
Don't forget that the car you use in time trial is the car you use on race day.

Who can join?
Anyone on GAF is more than welcome to join. Just picked up FM6? leave me your GT and I'll send you an invite on race day. Simple as that.

Looking forward to see what cars people pick. I don't have the car pass and I'm not sure if any of the DLC packs have cars that fit in to this category. So if I missed anything, just let me know.

Questions/Suggestions? I'm all ears.

Questions/Suggestions? I'm all ears.

Sorry to sound like an asshole, but if you give me a classic american muscle car, I'll just pick the one with the most sopisticated suspension, make it silly low and hard, put on ultra low profile tyres and high camber, modern front spoiler and rear wing, lowest weight possible and only engine upgrades that make the thing rev faster, because that's what makes it competetive on tracks that aren't ovals more or less or have mile-long drag strips as straights. At that point my car wouldn't have much in common with an american muscle car.

My suggestion is to have a very high "minimum power" requirement or don't allow upgrades to suspension, roll cage, weight, anti-roll bars, maybe even forbid higher diameter rims. That way we'd at least all drive cars that actually feel and handle like american muscle cars.

That way we'd at least all drive cars that actually feel and handle like american muscle cars.

The Muscle series in North America that I'm aware of (like CAM-T) don't have that many restrictions outside of wheelbase, weight (~3,000 lbs), door/seat count and being officially street legal.

There are no restrictions on brakes, suspension, engine and so forth.

I kind of like this because it really gets at the spirit of Muscle rather than restricting the builds to the characteristics/limitations of American family cars in the late 60, early 70s.

Top Bottom