• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 6 |OT| Forza turns 10

zfRgwsZ.gif

Oops. Sorry.

Look for more eBay Motors and Forza Motorsport content throughout the month of November.

Has this been mentioned? It's from the eBay Motors car pack article on FM.net.

I guess whatever the announcement is tomorrow will have to do with this.

Noobcraft

Car List:

• 1988 McLaren #12 Honda McLaren MP4/4
• 1980 Lancia #31 Lancia Corse Beta Montecarlo Turbo
• 2014 Maserati #35 M.Calamia Swiss Team MC Trofeo
• 1977 Holden Torana A9X
• 1969 Datsun 2000 Roadster
• 2014 Mazda #70 SpeedSource Lola B12/80
• 2000 Plymouth Prowler
Zero Warthogs were given. :|

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
I'm not gonna complain about getting Senna's car in the game... but some '90s Champ Cars would be nice... and the Agera R...

Yeah yeah good DLC.

Back to racing league-- shared five tunes for three cars-- 3@ 600 and then two at 660/670 since that was suggested (302 Boss doesn't hit 670 without forced induction or swap, I don't think-- maybe with a wheel swap).

69 Camaro, 69 Mustang, and Cuda, description has "ForzaGAF" in it. Camaro needs work, it has very slow snap oversteer.

SarBear

Yeah yeah good DLC.

Back to racing league-- shared five tunes for three cars-- 3@ 600 and then two at 660/670 since that was suggested (302 Boss doesn't hit 670 without forced induction or swap, I don't think-- maybe with a wheel swap).

69 Camaro, 69 Mustang, and Cuda, description has "ForzaGAF" in it. Camaro needs work, it has very slow snap oversteer.

Just let crude make the cars and we can select which one after that. No tuning other than his.

I'd take a car from Crude, but I can't live with cars where I didn't fiddle with the suspension settings on a track myself (but I'd take a list of things to upgrade and things not, general settings like ride height and downforce as well). Besides... the two cars I was thinking about so far were the Coronet Super Bee and the Ford Falcon (is "Love the Beast" any good?, was thinking about renting it). Has someone else been thinking about a Mad Max inspired Falcon? You can't put a V8 racing engine in that thing and stay under B600, right??

I so hope they have updated free play and gave us options.

Not in this update they haven't.

CARS

· Fixed an issue where pop-up headlights on equipped cars would inadvertently engage automatically in Forzavista. In addition, fixed an issue where headlights pins in Forzavista would not function correctly for cars with pop-up headlights.

· Fixed an issue where electric cars did not burn battery with Fuel/Tire Wear Difficulty set to “simulation”

· Various fixes and improvements on a number of cars in the game

TRACKS

· LIME ROCK – Fixed an issue where cars entering the pits at high speeds would not have damage fixed during the pit stop

· NÜRBURGRING – Fixed an issue where cars could leave the environment after colliding with a barrier on the first turn of the Nürburgring + GP ribbon

AUDIO

· Corrected/updated engine audio on a number of cars in the game

· We’ve made some changes in the various available audio mix presets in the game. For example, the “Headphones” setting has been adjusted to make the player’s car more audible in the mix. This mix will work with all playback devices and is recommended for those who prefer to have their car audio more prevalent in the mix.

MULTIPLAYER

· Server enhancements to improve matchmaking performance. These enhancements should result in improved multiplayer connections, especially for the small population of Forza 6 players who were previously having trouble connecting to multiplayer in the game.

· We’ve made a change to address an issue where players could hold a multiplayer lobby open for an indefinite amount of time by not finishing a race. As a result of this change, players can no longer sit idle in League races and accrue points. In addition, players who are inactive for a certain period of time in a race will be removed.

· Fixed an issue where lobby hosts in an Xbox Live party would inadvertently stop waiting for players in his/her party after matching into a public lobby game, backing out, and then making a private multiplayer game

· Fixed an issue where MP lobbies with roll-off delay were preventing the rear view mirror from appearing for players

MODS

· Non-performance enhancing Mods will not set dirty lap times

· Using a Mod that forces sim damage on in a race will now result in Drivatar cars also taking sim damage

· Crew Chief Mods can no longer be sold

LIVERY/TUNING

· Fixed an issue where players could unlock and share locked liveries by altering the livery in ForzaVista and then entering the Test Drive section of the game

· Fixed an issue where tunes were inadvertently prevented from being shared due to language filter bug

MISCELLANEOUS

· Fixed an issue in replays, where telemetry for Drivatar cars was showing “stock,” even if the car was upgraded

· Fixed an issue where Drivatars would be duplicated in a multiplayer lobby

Free Car: 2015 Nissan #23 GT-R LM NISMO

When Nissan management told its chief designer Ben Bowlby not make an “Audi copy” in the company’s run-up to LeMans, he took the instructions to heart. The GT-R LM NISMO is nothing like the Audi LeMans Prototypes. In fact, the GT-R LM is unlike anything ever built for the track. For starters, the engine is in front of the cockpit, a design not seen in more than 10 years. Furthermore, that engine powers the front wheels. The rear wheels receive power through a Kinetic Energy Recovery System (KERS). With well over 1,000 hp between the combustion engine and KERS, the GT-R LM has the power to compete. In the true essence of prototypes, it is a highly experimental design. Success in the 2015 World Endurance Championship and 24 Hours of Le Mans eluded the team, but Nissan’s racing development program continues to push the envelope on this intriguing design. Find out for yourself if the concept is viable on the track in Forza 6.

Genuinely didn't expect that. Here's to free cars with the monthly patches becoming a thing.

Similar to the AMR-One in FM4, I imagine work on the LM Nismo started as soon as it was unveiled, well before anyone knew how the concept would turn out. Good or bad, though, I'm not one to turn down an LMP, so many thanks, T10!

zorbsie

· We’ve made some changes in the various available audio mix presets in the game. For example, the “Headphones” setting has been adjusted to make the player’s car more audible in the mix. This mix will work with all playback devices and is recommended for those who prefer to have their car audio more prevalent in the mix.

Just give us the sliders back FFS! I know how I want it to sound, let me do that. They clearly know it's an issue but they aren't willing to fix it properly.

So this was the surprise......

ZZZZZZZZZZ

HeliosT10 said:
It's not, but I'd hate for people to get carried away and then ultimately get disappointed at something that's been built up through chinese whispers and hearsay. We do have something cool lined up, but no-one has come remotely near to guessing what it is yet, at least the posts I've seen anyway.

Hate to sound like I'm teasing more, but I think it's fair to set expectations!

"And then we’ve got something special coming that I think you folks are going to really like."

because the average Forza player is such a fan of race cars, electric motors and front wheel drive???

Maybe I get it, when I drive the thing.
I saw it was free (or buyable with in-game currency) in a Gran Turismo 6 patch half a year ago or so, but I never bothered to try it.

Uhh guys, pretty sure they said the surprise would be announced during the stream, which is a few hours from now. The Nissan is the free car like the Infiniti last month.

You better have a source on that man, we can't get our hopes up again!

End of the latest Rear View Mirror. http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/rvm_11_2_15

Now I must go, but I hope to see you in tomorrow’s stream on Twitch at 1 p.m. Pacific where I will be showing off the cars of the eBay Motors Car pack. Who knows? I might even have a special treat or trick for you.

Seems to pretty clearly state that it's unrelated to the DLC or pack, because they're implying that it'll still be unknown right up until that stream.

EDIT: It COULD just be code giveaways if you don't want to get your hopes up. But it does seem to tie in with their hints pretty conveniently.

End of the latest Rear View Mirror. http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/rvm_11_2_15

Seems to pretty clearly state that it's unrelated to the DLC or pack, because they're implying that it'll still be unknown right up until that stream.

EDIT: It COULD just be code giveaways if you don't want to get your hopes up. But it does seem to tie in with their hints pretty conveniently.

Yeah, I am pretty sure he is talking about code giveaways because they do that every time they stream the new DLC.

EBreda

Hey guys. Sorry I missed last race.
So is it the end of the first series? Are we doing a second one now?

Count me in if there's a spot!
Thanks

Edit: okay, just saw it's a muscle car meeting. I'm out. Hate it, can barely keep it in a straight line.

I'll probably be around lurking and I'll join in for some freelance racing, but I'll be back when we do the inevitable Senna's car (stock) F1 races!

Well there's this too, found after a bit further research.

https://ar12gaming.com/articles/nov...rings-the-new-nissan-lmp-racer-to-all-players

When asked whether today's free car is the surprise, Turn 10 Community Manager, Ian Webster responded:

"It's not, but I'd hate for people to get carried away and then ultimately get disappointed at something that's been built up through chinese whispers and hearsay." he said "We do have something cool lined up, but no-one has come remotely near to guessing what it is yet, at least the posts I've seen anyway."

"Hate to sound like I'm teasing more, but I think it's fair to set expectations!"

Sounds like he's trying to say temper expectations a little bit to stop people getting carried away, but knowing it's probably car does indeed make it a bit special.

frontieruk

Top Bottom